Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,157 members, 7,825,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? (5885 Views)

We nearly bought a "STOLEN" Mercedes Benz but this saved us / Have You Ever Bought A Car From A Nairalander? Share Your Experience / Pls If U Don't Want To Regret Buying Car, Just Buy This Awoof Camry Muscle 2008 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by andycom(m): 1:23am On May 22, 2020
odimbannamdi:

06, tokunbo

Ride on
Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by charles009(m): 2:44am On May 22, 2020
I bought a honda accord 04 model, had all necessary checks with a mechanic, car was moving like a boat, sincerely great seller, dude was a nice guy and a friend. On my way back to Asaba, got to a lonely patch, car couldn't accelerate again. I called the dude, he said I should restart and everything came back fine. I got to Asaba, it repeated again, called him again and this time he asked me to see an electrician. Out of anger I put the car for sale here on nairaland.

I was increasingly angry, so one day a guy came checked the car and priced 400k, I got the car 720k. I was so desperate to sell, until his electrician mistakenly said something that caused me changed my mind.

The next day, I took the car for scan, some errors were detected cant remember the code, changed a few sensors, did a general servicing and replacement of some parts. Its over 1year since this happened, the only thing I do is change oil and service ball joint. In fact one guy dey beg make him bring 800k, I no longer feel like selling.

I would say, I got lucky. A seemingly bad deal came good....

9 Likes

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by BusterG: 8:08am On May 22, 2020
charles009:
I bought a honda accord 04 model, had all necessary checks with a mechanic, car was moving like a boat, sincerely great seller, dude was a nice guy and a friend. On my way back to Asaba, got to a lonely patch, car couldn't accelerate again. I called the dude, he said I should restart and everything came back fine. I got to Asaba, it repeated again, called him again and this time he asked me to see an electrician. Out of anger I put the car for sale here on nairaland.

I was increasingly angry, so one day a guy came checked the car and priced 400k, I got the car 720k. I was so desperate to sell, until his electrician mistakenly said something that caused me changed my mind.

The next day, I took the car for scan, some errors were detected cant remember the code, changed a few sensors, did a general servicing and replacement of some parts. Its over 1year since this happened, the only thing I do is change oil and service ball joint. In fact one guy dey beg make him bring 800k, I no longer feel like selling.

I would say, I got lucky. A seemingly bad deal came good....

Most times when a car develops a fault shortly after buying it, we get really panicky.

It’s really messed up when you have to start troubleshooting and repairing shortly after buying the “just buy and travel to anywhere” car.

My prayer be say make we get money order clean title from Florida or enter Elizade/ IVM or Coscharis buy new Chacha machine comot.

4 Likes

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by godric(m): 11:06am On May 22, 2020
I bought my first car, Mazda 323 Nigerian used. I wanted to buy golf3 but the owner changed his mind and the mechanic told me that there's a Mazda that's ok and persuaded me to buy it. After a week, the car wahala poped up, ranging from high fuel consumption to suspension, fuel pump issue. Changed the fuel pump several times, rewire work every now and then. I changed my mechanic and rewire to the one introduced to me by my younger brother but still the same.
There was a day after leaving a rewire workshop with my brother, the car just stopped. We called the rewire, he fixed it and gave us assurance that it was ok. I just gave the key to my brother to drive it straight to his house to use it for few days because I don't trust anything about the car. I mounted a bike, off to my house.
My brother cruised it around for 2 days when the wahala start again. I told my brother to put it up for sale but he said NO, that he will make sure the car is fixed to perfection.
He eventually got tired too and put it up for sale. No buyer for more than 3 months. I called a rewire to do some magic and boom! It was on road. I drove it to a funiture workshop to check some funitures. Through our discussions, the man got to know that I want to sell the car, he was interested but no cash. We striked a deal of 2 sets of seven-seater sofa with stools. He jumped at the offer, I didn't waste time, I looked for a truck immediately and packed the sofas but the stools are yet to ready but he promised to bring it to my house the following week. I jejely dropped the car and the key for him immediately ('agbana' must not follow me home again).
A week later, on my way to work, I saw the car at a mechanic workshop, I waka paas. The car was there for more than 3 months. I learnt he later sold it as scrap.
As for the stools he promised to bring the following week, he never bring am and I no fit ask.

22 Likes

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by odimbannamdi(m): 11:50am On May 22, 2020
godric:
I bought my first car, Mazda 323 Nigerian used. I wanted to buy golf3 but the owner changed his mind and the mechanic told me that there's a Mazda that's ok and persuaded me to buy it. After a week, the car wahala poped up, ranging from high fuel consumption to suspension, fuel pump issue. Changed the fuel pump several times, rewire work every now and then. I changed my mechanic and rewire to the one introduced to me by my younger brother but still the same.
There was a day after leaving a rewire workshop with my brother, the car just stopped. We called the rewire, he fixed it and gave us assurance that it was ok. I just gave the key to my brother to drive it straight to his house to use it for few days because I don't trust anything about the car. I mounted a bike, off to my house.
My brother cruised it around for 2 days when the wahala start again. I told my brother to put it up for sale but he said NO, that he will make sure the car is fixed to perfection.
He eventually got tired too and put it up for sale. No buyer for more than 3 months. I called a rewire to do some magic and boom! It was on road. I drove it to a funiture workshop to check some funitures. Through our discussions, the man got to know that I want to sell the car, he was interested but no cash. We striked a deal of 2 sets of seven-seater sofa with stools. He jumped at the offer, I didn't waste time, I looked for a truck immediately and packed the sofas but the stools are yet to ready but he promised to bring it to my house the following week. I jejely dropped the car and the key for him immediately ('agbana' must not follow me home again).
A week later, on my way to work, I saw the car at a mechanic workshop, I waka paas. The car was there for more than 3 months. I learnt he later sold it as scrap.
As for the stools he promised to bring the following week, he never bring am and I no fit ask.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by BusterG: 12:01pm On May 22, 2020
godric:

Una go kee me with laff oooo.

I don laff tire. See story o.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by Ikonz(m): 12:04pm On May 22, 2020
godric:

kikikiki kikikiki

5 Likes

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by madgoat(m): 1:09pm On May 22, 2020
godric:

grin grin grin This is exactly why i can never buy naija used car on nairaland grin

3 Likes

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by BusterG: 2:08pm On May 22, 2020
madgoat:

grin grin grin This is exactly why i can never buy naija used car on nairaland grin

Pls buy oooo.

Just ensure due diligence that’s all bro.

1 Like

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by Peppermintflav: 7:34pm On Oct 04, 2020
promotervickky:
Lol, before buying any car, ensure you get your mechanic to go with you, and also run a VINCheck on it
Make sure it's a trusted mechanic. Some mechanics just want you to buy so they will collect money for checking the car for you. Also he knows he will be the one fixing the plenty problems the car would develop tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by computerglobal(m): 10:16pm On Oct 04, 2020
Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by PrinceDave001(m): 10:50pm On Oct 04, 2020
godric:

I don laugh tire���

1 Like

Re: Ever Bought A Car You Regret Buying? by Okewa(m): 12:26am On Oct 05, 2020
BusterG:

My brother u go laff tire when people tell u their experience ooo.

One guy buy car, drive go watch match.
Na reverse he take go back house as car no enter gear again.

Honestly this really crack me up

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Toks Toyota Venza 2010 Black / 2004 Model Toyota Corolla Toks With Reverse Sensor Selling Fast / 05/06 Mercedes E340 4sale @ Affordable Price N1.850m Banix 08035376690

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.