Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! (5140 Views)

See The Killers Of Lucky Dube And Their Reason For Killing Him / Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban / Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by ikorodureporta: 8:35am On May 07, 2020
Who was greater, & better? ...On whose side are you??

"Like" for Lucky Dube

"Share" for Bob Marley

Lalasticlala

14 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by Davash222(m): 8:37am On May 07, 2020
Bob Marley is Socrates
Lucky Dube is Aristotle
Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by SeverusSnape(m): 8:37am On May 07, 2020
Lucky Dube.

Marley is a lengend on his own, But personally, I just prefer Lucky Dube's music, They are so inspiring.

8 Likes

Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by Plut01: 8:42am On May 07, 2020
SeverusSnape:
Lucky Dube.

Marley is a lengend on his own, But personally, I just prefer Lucky Dube's music, They are so inspiring.

Thanks for this.
I personally love Lucky's songs more than the others.
Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by Generalkaycee(m): 8:42am On May 07, 2020
Bob Marley is da GOAT.

3 Likes

Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by Nobody: 8:55am On May 07, 2020
Lucky Dube was Bob Marley's protège.
Bob Marley = King of Reggae

Jah Rastafari...

3 Likes

Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by ShenTeh(m): 9:13am On May 07, 2020
Dube is bae.

Marley is in his right, a legend, but the works of Dube far outspans Marley's in terms of content and coverage.

Dube's themes are wide and thick. His musical compositions and renditions are also more enjoyable to me than Marley's monotones, in my opinion that is.

I also prefer Dube due to his lifestyle of no alcohol and no hemp/drugs, even though people have stereotyped reggae with weed and being rough, Dube upped the ante.

But hey those two guys rock. I recommend them to the world.
Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by Valro(m): 9:15am On May 07, 2020
Lucky ChukwuDUBEm any day any time

1 Like

Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by Chidiiro: 9:40am On May 07, 2020
[quote author=ShenTeh post=89277605]Dube is bae.

Marley is in his right, a legend, but the works of Dube far outspans Marley's in terms of content and coverage.Swt,I don't accept this.
Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by Chidiiro: 9:47am On May 07, 2020
Lucky Dube is good,but Bob Marley songs are top notched.Lyrics, composition and rhythm.
Bob is an inspiration,he brought Reggae to the Map.He is the king of Reggae..My best are in order,Eric Donaldson,Peter Tosh,Bob Marley,Lucky Dube and Jimmy Cliff.
Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by Charmingrascal(m): 10:45am On May 07, 2020
In my opinion I think Bob Marley is overrated

Lucky Dube did more of conscious music and I will choose him over Marley anytime any day.

2 Likes

Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by Msonde15(f): 10:57am On May 07, 2020
Luck was the best, Marley was overrated

1 Like

Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by sugacoatedmouth(m): 11:58am On May 07, 2020
NAIRAMARLEY is the Best
Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by ikorodureporta: 11:21am On May 11, 2020
sugacoatedmouth post=89283781:
NAIRAMARLEY
is the Best

1 Like

Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by SaintBishop: 11:26am On May 11, 2020
Bob Marley.

3 Likes

Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by sugacoatedmouth(m): 11:41am On May 11, 2020
[quote author=ikorodureporta post=89425519][/quote] Naira Marley is the best
Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by Myway20: 12:22pm On May 11, 2020
Lucky Dube pls.
Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by Peace081: 12:35pm On May 11, 2020
Is you don't know them say Hi
Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by sageb: 3:00pm On May 11, 2020
This comparism is hard ooo but i will say it depends on the perspective you are looking at them. I opine that Lucky Dube songs explain the social malaise peculiar to the African people for example songs like prisoner, slave, victims, thats the way it is,etc. These songs were a source of inspiration to South Africans during the apartheid and other blacks worldwide. In terms of didactic message, Lucky Dube is better than the others. Alas! He was assasinated, he didn't live to perform in south African 2010 world cup. R.I.P Lucky Dube, you are a true African legend.
Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by sugacoatedmouth(m): 4:08pm On May 11, 2020
IKORODU LUCKY DUBE AND NAIRA MARLEY are the Best
Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by ikorodureporta: 9:16pm On May 11, 2020
sugacoatedmouth:
IKORODU LUCKY DUBE AND NAIRA MARLEY are the Best
smiley
Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by kingkoboko: 5:57am On Jul 08, 2020
LUCKY DUBE
Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by Eryyy92: 6:23am On Jul 08, 2020
majek fashek big pass dem
Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by Gentle0wavez: 11:33am On Jul 08, 2020
Please please please Bob Marley is not OVERRATED, he deserves every accolades he has. No lucky dube song is better than one love, no woman no cry, Redemption song, get up stand up, I shot the sheriff and Buffalo soldier, i mean NO ONE. And only a few can match the rest like waiting in vain, 3 little birds, duppy conqueror, is this love, war, one drop and many more. No lucky Dube Album is better than Exodus, catch a fire or burnin by Bob Marley. Lucky is really good oh, but khaki no be leather.

4 Likes

Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by Mandela27: 12:22pm On Jul 08, 2020
Gentle0wavez:
Please please please Bob Marley is not OVERRATED, he deserves every accolades he has. No lucky dube song is better than one love, no woman no cry, Redemption song, get up stand up, I shot the sheriff and Buffalo soldier, i mean NO ONE. And only a few can match the rest like waiting in vain, 3 little birds, duppy conqueror, is this love, war, one drop and many more. No lucky Dube Album is better than Exodus, catch a fire or burnin by Bob Marley. Lucky is really good oh, but khaki no be leather.
I stand with u fam.
Marley is the greatest,he also recorded the most reggae songs.
Don't compare the KING of raggae with anyone .

5 Likes

Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by fati2001(m): 2:29pm On Jul 08, 2020
Bob Marley

2 Likes

Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by hollah123: 4:41pm On Jul 08, 2020
Gentle0wavez:
Bob is a great artist but personally left to me I prefer lucky Dube cos his songs touch virtually all aspects of our daily lives....from family,to marriage,to freedom,to struggles of an orphan,to society,to war,to decision making,to love,to governance.

like seriously I see him more as a prophet especially his song on politics...d guy perfectly described everything we are encountering in Nigeria politically....his songs carries more deep messages
Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by lagusboyyy(m): 4:54pm On Jul 08, 2020
In my own personal opinion,both are great musicians.

But,i will choose lucky dube,when i was younger,i was familiar with bob marley,but as i grew more older and matured,i tilt towards lucky dube.

His songs are so full of messages and inspirations.

To me,he was underated.

2 Likes

Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by Gentle0wavez: 5:00pm On Jul 08, 2020
hollah123:
Bob is a great artist but personally left to me I prefer lucky Dube cos his songs touch virtually all aspects of our daily lives....from family,to marriage,to freedom,to struggles of an orphan,to society,to war,to decision making,to love,to governance.

like seriously I see him more as a prophet especially his song on politics...d guy perfectly described everything we are encountering in Nigeria politically....his songs carries more deep messages

OK if it comes to preference, every body can have their choice. In football for example, I prefer watching dybala to Neymar but that's just my preference, in reality I know that Neymar is better. Everyone have their preference in the two but if you minus people's feelings, Bob Marley is the king of Reggae music.

2 Likes

Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by Diketuluogwu: 9:35pm On Jan 05, 2022
Why would anyone compare Lucky Dube to a god,Bob Marley was the best,is the best and will remain the best,when you want to compare some singers to him,Get names like Bunny Wailer and Jimmy Cliff,Burning Spear and Peter Tosh were good but they don't come close to Bob,Bob Marley made a song (One Love) that the Legacy will never die...My Top 10 greatest reggae hits of all time is (1) One Love by Bob Marley,(2) Here in Jamaica by Bunny Wailer,(3) Journey by Jimmy Cliff,(4) One Drop by Bob Marley,(5) War by Bob Marley (6) No Woman No Cry by Bob Marley (7) She's Gone by Bob Marley,(cool Buffalo Soldier by Bob Marley,(9) Liberation by Bunny Wailer,(10)A Hard Rain's A-gonna Fall by Jimmy Cliff....before you make comparisons,go listen to these songs and get their lyrics,then ask yourself if any of Lucky Dube's Songs comes close to them,Even the likes of Desmond Derker,Burning Spear,Peter Tosh,Buju Banton and The hottest reggae star of today (Chronixx who is just 29 years old) are all above Lucky Dube if truly reggae is the question,Bob Marley was so good and still very good that the Europeans are somehow trying to convince us that his father was a white man...whereas we all know he is a true rasta and all rastas are real africans

1 Like

Re: Bob Marley Vs Lucky Dube: Nairalanders Decide! by IamGblaize(m): 9:59pm On Jan 05, 2022
Lol they are both legends but bob marleys legacy runs till today most of his kids and grandkids still push the reggae genre look at Damian Marley, Stephen marley, ziggy marley abeg bob Marley na king of reggae mind you, lucky dube was bob Marleys protoge..... Most people doing conscious reggae today got their inspiration from bob marley..... Personally I prefer damian Marley songs though.... That stony hill album is one of the best albums I have ever heard....

Bosses in Abuja I am a final year student in Abuja in need of a job to support my education.... Will be glad if anyone can be of help.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesse Jagz's "S*x & Scotch" Makes Me Want To Squeeze My Bre*sts, Says Eva Alordi / Beyoncé Releases New Pictures Showing Off Her Assets. / 1st Official BEEF Of 2016: YBNL Vs MAVINS Who Was At Fault And Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.