Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,459 members, 7,830,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

University Of Benin Scientists Unveil Ventilators - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / University Of Benin Scientists Unveil Ventilators (53372 Views)

COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos / Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister / COVID-19: Innoson Ready To Produce Ventilators & Medical Equipment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Benin Scientists Unveil Ventilators by Aliftedmusic: 3:44pm On May 07, 2020
Theseventilators send sick pple to early graves
freshkpomo:
COVID-19: University Of Benin Scientists Unveil Ventilator

I saw this on T.V this morning and I think it's an amazing development, we should start looking inward in the fight against this virus.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: University Of Benin Scientists Unveil Ventilators by Dollabiz: 3:48pm On May 07, 2020
Good
Re: University Of Benin Scientists Unveil Ventilators by TruthSpeaker: 3:49pm On May 07, 2020
A mechanical ventilator is much more than just an inflating machine. This industrial toy can substitute a life support machine (which is the most appropriate name for ventilators). He should better reserve it for his family members to use if they will ever need it.
For COVID-19 fight, attention has been shifted away from ventilators.
Congratulations to him though, if that will make him happy.

1 Like

Re: University Of Benin Scientists Unveil Ventilators by Mac2016(m): 3:52pm On May 07, 2020
Most Nigerian varsities and institutions lack ingenuity. I am expecting vaccine news. Anybody could buy ventilator dismantle into constituents and build such and couple. It takes lower intelligence level than innovative inventions

1 Like

Re: University Of Benin Scientists Unveil Ventilators by Murketeer: 3:58pm On May 07, 2020
imhotep:

correct.
Nigerian stvpidity keeps arriving at new levels each day.
I hope you were not amongst those praising senegal recently for producing kits
Re: University Of Benin Scientists Unveil Ventilators by WaffenSS(m): 4:05pm On May 07, 2020
GamalNasser:

You can never be as intelligent as me ever so enjoy your damned used Toyota corrolla life , I am not of your brain grade Mister pea brain

It's Corolla, idiot, one R.

What were you saying about intelligence again, donkey?

All your posts are idiotic and nonsensical.

1 Like

Re: University Of Benin Scientists Unveil Ventilators by Babawon1: 4:18pm On May 07, 2020
looking to earn a cash, check my signature
Re: University Of Benin Scientists Unveil Ventilators by Duru009(m): 4:41pm On May 07, 2020
UNIBEN aka UNIBEST
Re: University Of Benin Scientists Unveil Ventilators by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 07, 2020
GamalNasser:
Enough of this clownery , respirators offer little or no help to COVID patients but rather kill them , we should be developing organic cures that have Quinine and Artemisinin in them at this point to chase this Dr Fauci conspiracy virus out of Africa

I'd urge you to think, sir. When you need a respirator for a COVID-19 infection it means your case has become so critical that you can't breathe. It means your lungs are filled with so much fluid: this usually comes with your body struggling to fight this infection it has no antibodies for. This struggle is called cytokine storm. A cytokine storm is the equivalent of entering a building to bomb your enemy, well the bomb would go off with the both of you. A ventilator is the last option, so of course people may die after being intubated. It doesn't mean the ventilator killed them. After all, coma patients use ventilators and sometimes they wake up. Surgeons apply ventilators during long surgeries and the patient comes out okay. People who have been placed on life support after serious accidents are intubated and they've gone on to recover. Ventilators have their own risks, yes, but they don't kill patients as you've put it.

1 Like

Re: University Of Benin Scientists Unveil Ventilators by GamalNasser: 5:16pm On May 07, 2020
Kiddler:

I'd urge you to think, sir. When you need a respirator for a COVID-19 infection it means your case has become so critical that you can't breathe. It means your lungs are filled with so much fluid: this usually comes with your body struggling to fight this infection it has no antibodies for. This struggle is called cytokine storm. A respirator is the last option, so of course people would die after being intubated. It doesn't mean the respirator killed them.

Are we not saying the same thing , shouldnt all effort be geared towards prophylaxy and pre-ventilator solutions at this point ? Instead of wasting so much time and resources on something that doesn't bring significant difference to fight against COVID , we should be working on solutions that stop COVID before it's take people to the stage where they need respirators ... I am here right now drinking sweetwormwood tea as prophylaxy , I will drink it everyday till this is over
Re: University Of Benin Scientists Unveil Ventilators by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 07, 2020
GamalNasser:

Are we not saying the same thing , shouldnt all effort be geared towards prophylaxy and pre-ventilator solutions at this point ? Instead of wasting so much time and resources on something that doesn't bring significant difference to fight against COVID , we should be working on solutions that stop COVID before it's take people to the stage where they need respirators ... I am here right now drinking sweetwormwood tea as prophylaxy , I will drink it everyday till this is over

No, sir. We aren't saying the same thing. You can't stop a viral outbreak with a magic wand. People would die, people would need ventilators. What do you do--if you were a doctor--when someone with this virus is brought in totally breathless? I guess you'll tell his family there's nothing you can do, because according to you, ventilators kill.

And you could drink the most acidic salt solution you could find, but when you come in contact with this virus, you would have it. I'm not cursing you, sir. It is the plain truth. Only a stronger immune system can give you a less severe infection, there is no overall immunity. Covid19 binds tightly (one of the tightest found in a virus), with the human ACE2 receptor cells, that's why it is so infectious. That's the whole point of stay at home and social distancing, sir.
Re: University Of Benin Scientists Unveil Ventilators by Faitido(m): 5:40pm On May 07, 2020
light099:
grin grin

This voltage stabilizer too na ventilator?

Naija no dey stop to dey always disgrace ourselves. Always priding on outdated technology.

When are we going to do something that would make top nations feel real jealous and envious? Even if it's just once.

This got me laughing grin

Check out how my Writing Gig can help you

https://www.fiverr.com/amberclooney?up_rollout=true
Re: University Of Benin Scientists Unveil Ventilators by subcbouy: 8:21pm On May 07, 2020
1.Get Organic; leave ventilator.
2 Get ventilator; leave organic
3. Wait for vaccine; forget 1 and 2 above
4. Neither 1, 2, 3 above; Use face mask only

A local man is confused and tired of all these scraps.

Which one of these is the cure?
Re: University Of Benin Scientists Unveil Ventilators by Bradiyung(m): 8:38pm On May 07, 2020
I don't know what this haters are saying but

Great Uniben scientist!!

Great!!

Great Uniben students!!

Great!!

At least my school contributed something to the fight against covid-19, what have other schools done than create hand sanitizers and more over what have you urself done. Don't come and abuse peoples effort here, some people be saying we should find a cure when Nations with better equipments, qualified persons and environments have not provided anything
Re: University Of Benin Scientists Unveil Ventilators by linearity: 9:15pm On May 07, 2020
GamalNasser:
Enough of this clownery , respirators offer little or no help to COVID patients but rather kill them , we should be developing organic cures that have Quinine and Artemisinin in them at this point to chase this Dr Fauci conspiracy virus out of Africa

Agreed, what you forgot is that, putting someone on a ventilator is a last resort to keep them alive.

These are people whose illness has progressed to the point that they can not breath on their own and if you don’t put them on a ventilator this very minute, they will have irreparable brain damage within the next 4 minutes even after recovery and would be dead within 8 minutes.

What you mentioned have their place in treatment protocols, but will do nothing to a person who need oxygen.....so, without a ventilator that 10% that survived in the stats you quoted would have died also along with the other 90%.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Benin Scientists Unveil Ventilators by Chicastle: 9:33pm On May 07, 2020
freshkpomo:
I am in total support of the bolded above.

God bless Nigeria.

Without Electricity?
Re: University Of Benin Scientists Unveil Ventilators by chukasson(m): 9:54pm On May 07, 2020
my alma mater
Re: University Of Benin Scientists Unveil Ventilators by thundafire: 10:11pm On May 07, 2020
light099:
grin grin

This voltage stabilizer too na ventilator?

Naija no dey stop to dey always disgrace ourselves. Always priding on outdated technology.

When are we going to do something that would make top nations feel real jealous and envious? Even if it's just once.
absolute rubbish even the governor wouldn't want to use it
Re: University Of Benin Scientists Unveil Ventilators by swetjo(f): 10:12pm On May 07, 2020
After manufacturing ventilators in Nigeria our leaders will still go to US and other countries to beg for ventilators.
Re: University Of Benin Scientists Unveil Ventilators by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 07, 2020
RaptorX:
He said ventilators for treating Covid -19 patients not that it is of no use in other cases that needs critical care.
I was also referring to the same covid-19 in particular. Ventilators play great roles in the treatment
Re: University Of Benin Scientists Unveil Ventilators by RugChris: 11:48pm On May 07, 2020
Who noticed nobody is shouting and saying proud of Edo but if na these Igbo people dem go dey shout Igbo Amaka anyhow
Re: University Of Benin Scientists Unveil Ventilators by GreenDee(f): 12:44am On May 08, 2020
Wow, nice initiative... I kinda like medical profession sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Patient Dies Of Bubonic Plague In China, An Entire Village Sealed Off / Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] / Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.