Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Please To The Health Practitioners In The House. Your Attention Is Needed - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please To The Health Practitioners In The House. Your Attention Is Needed (348 Views)

Okpaleke Doctors: 6 Nigerian Siblings Working As Medical Practitioners Go Viral / Top 10 Nigerian Medical Practitioners In America / Pakistan, Nigeria, Egypt Doctors, Nurses Top List Of Banned Practitioners In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please To The Health Practitioners In The House. Your Attention Is Needed by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 07, 2020
Hi docs.
Please what is the right dosage for iron capsules and how often should one take it.

Also is it OK to take ones that have a combination of other vits since I don't have issue with my appetite? Or just stick to pure ion caps only?

Most importantly, what is the duration for taking iron capsules?

Thank you.
Re: Please To The Health Practitioners In The House. Your Attention Is Needed by RedPhoenix: 2:33pm On May 07, 2020
Cut
Re: Please To The Health Practitioners In The House. Your Attention Is Needed by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 07, 2020
RedPhoenix:
Cut off carbonated drinks if you want to get results with iron buildup with your immune system.

I hardly take cabornated drinks. I only do fruit juce and yoghurt.

Are you saying I shouldn't supplement on ion?

Thank you.
Re: Please To The Health Practitioners In The House. Your Attention Is Needed by RedPhoenix: 2:37pm On May 07, 2020
Eulalia:

I hardly take cabornated drinks. I only do fruit juce and yoghurt.

Are you saying I shouldn't supplement on ion?

Thank you.

Go
Re: Please To The Health Practitioners In The House. Your Attention Is Needed by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 07, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Go on your iron supplement but follow all I said above. You can't just take iron only and expect desired results.

Are you preparing for a child if I may ask?

Ok. But how long can I be on it for? And what's the right dosage plus the IU advisable.

Nope not preparing for that yet. (Pregnancy)
Re: Please To The Health Practitioners In The House. Your Attention Is Needed by RedPhoenix: 2:46pm On May 07, 2020
Eulalia:

Ok. But how long can I be on it for? And what's the right dosage plus the IU advisable.

Nope not preparing for that yet. (Pregnancy)

Sustained benefits demands consistency. Six months is a good start
Re: Please To The Health Practitioners In The House. Your Attention Is Needed by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 07, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Sustained benefits demands consistency. Six months is a good start

Wow shocked six months Hmm.... Well, i haven't been religious with it but I recently wanted to be more consistent to get the full benefits.

The tgeydosing will be like 1caps a day? Since I'm going to be on it for a long period?
Re: Please To The Health Practitioners In The House. Your Attention Is Needed by RedPhoenix: 2:54pm On May 07, 2020
Eulalia:

Wow shocked six months Hmm.... Well, i haven't been religious with it but I recently wanted to be more consistent to get the full benefits.

The tgeydosing will be like 1caps a day? Since I'm going to be on it for a long period?

You'll need to be on it consistently to get substantial results
Re: Please To The Health Practitioners In The House. Your Attention Is Needed by Healthyway15: 3:15pm On May 14, 2020
Eulalia:
Hi docs.
Please what is the right dosage for iron capsules and how often should one take it.

Also is it OK to take ones that have a combination of other vits since I don't have issue with my appetite? Or just stick to pure ion caps only?

Most importantly, what is the duration for taking iron capsules?

Thank you.

The dosage for iron capsules, actually depends on the age of the person that needs to take it. You can take it alone or take it with vitamin c, as vitamins c helps in better absorption of iron by the body. You should avoid coffee, milk and tea, they can cause iron to lose its nutritional value. But high dosage of supplemental iron may cause gastrointestinal side effects such as nausea, diarrhoea, etc.

And it should not be taken when one is battling with some certain infections. Bacteria requires iron for growth; taking more iron when there is enough already in the body system, encourages the rapid growth of bacteria in the body.
Re: Please To The Health Practitioners In The House. Your Attention Is Needed by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 14, 2020
Healthyway15:

The dosage for iron capsules, actually depends on the age of the person that needs to take it. You can take it alone or take it with vitamin c, as vitamins c helps in better absorption of iron by the body. You should avoid coffee, milk and tea, they can cause iron to lose its nutritional value. But high dosage of supplemental iron may cause gastrointestinal side effects such as nausea, diarrhoea, etc.

And it should not be taken when one is battling with some certain infections. Bacteria requires iron for growth; taking more iron when there is enough already in the body system, encourages the rapid growth of bacteria in the body.

Oh... I see.
Well, the only side effect I get from taking it is bloated stomach, which goes away as soon as I stop taking it. In fact that is what makes me stop taking it. making me not to finish the full course. Though now I want to take the full dose once and for all.

Thank you so much for your response. I appreciate.
Re: Please To The Health Practitioners In The House. Your Attention Is Needed by Healthyway15: 6:30am On May 20, 2020
Eulalia:

Oh... I see.
Well, the only side effect I get from taking it is bloated stomach, which goes away as soon as I stop taking it. In fact that is what makes me stop taking it. making me not to finish the full course. Though now I want to take the full dose once and for all.

Thank you so much for your response. I appreciate.

You're welcome

(1) (Reply)

193 New Cases Of #COVID19; / IMC Chairman Of Ideato South LGA Hon. Bede Ikeaka Assuring Covid -19 Free / Panic As Woman Collapses On Abuja Bridge And Vomits Blood (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.