Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) (70324 Views)

Nathaniel Samuel, Suicide Bomber At Winners Chapel: How He Was Arrested (Photos) / Suicide Bomber Trying To Bomb Living Faith Church In Kaduna, Arrested (Photos) / Kabiru Mohammed Who Created Buhari Fake Wedding Video Arrested (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by mamatwiny(f): 5:34pm On May 07, 2020
totoboy19:
Las Las the seized vehicles won't b auctioned, fine will be paid and vehicles released later on

Don't joke with Wike, he said it and will do it. He also said landlord shld make sure no shop in their building is open, when caught, govt will confiscate such property and be forfeited to govt. Just read that communique.
Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by Ijawwomaninoyo: 5:36pm On May 07, 2020
Lockdown violators vs Kidnappers/murderers in the same state.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by joepepsy(m): 5:46pm On May 07, 2020
When is he giving birth, is long overdue.
ChiefAfonja:
In a bid to stop the spread of Covid-19 in Rivers, the executive Governor Of Rivers State has taken it to upon himself to match round Portharcourt to enforce the lockdown.

Today some defaulters of the directive of Rivers State government, locking down Obio/Akpor and PHALGA have been arrest by a team of security personnel who accompanied the Governor on the Exercise as he personally moves out to monitor compliance across Portharcourt & Obio/Akpor Local Government Areas.

See Photos below.

>> https://web./549923005138214/permalink/1877951062335395/
Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by onyxo76(m): 5:47pm On May 07, 2020
coins501:
grin Only God can save us from Major Gen Nyesome Wike.
i just pray he doesn't get infected with the virus sef,call these unnecessary waka up and down all over the place, make he try cool down small, all this gragra is not needed.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by amanzejude(m): 5:49pm On May 07, 2020
I reside in Port Harcourt. Everyone will be fine. Let's remain optimistic and hopeful. At the end of the day, we will come out strong.

The first 400 people to like my Facebook post will be reward with airtime.
Once you have hit the "Like" button, inbox me the network that you use.
⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10214406165502535&id=1670269925&ref=bookmarks
Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by asobo: 5:55pm On May 07, 2020
zionmde:

So people should be left to die inside their houses abi
Doesn't Lagos have far more cases? even Wen there was total lockdown people were still moving around, how many were arrested?

He always love showing himself.He thinks he is in constant competition with FG
Do you know how many week states like Plateau State has been under lockdown? The index case came in from Kano despite the lockdown. So tell me why Wike shouldn't visit his state boarders?
Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by OKTolu: 6:03pm On May 07, 2020
All these because of fg bailout fund for rivers state covid 19 right ?
Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 07, 2020
Has any politician or well to do sons and daughters of rivers ever shared something to their people?
Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 07, 2020
Wikus Wikus, about 50 cars were impounded, waiting for the auction advice.
Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 07, 2020
asobo:
Do you know how many week states like Plateau State has been under lockdown? The index case came in from Kano despite the lockdown. So tell me why Wike shouldn't visit his state boarders?

You can't compare rivers lockdown with the audio lockdown of the north.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by princechina(m): 6:08pm On May 07, 2020
Lamasta:
We were on lockdown in lagos for more than one month heaven did not fall so Rivers people should calm down afterall its to prevent the spread of covid-19....
If Maj. Gen. Buhari have locked the airports and borders earlier we won't be in this mess today

Rivers have been on partial lockdown for 6 weeks naw.
Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by rOsy247(f): 6:12pm On May 07, 2020
grin wiked wike

This is really funny.
Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by princechina(m): 6:14pm On May 07, 2020
mamatwiny:
I used to like Wike. I voted for him and also mobilised few votes for him, but I am surprised how he is wielding power. There is no reason for this total lockdown. He feels angry that ppl are not dropping money like Lagos, else , why did he revoke all authority given to essential duty workers? Everything is on lockdown in Rivers including essential duty. Let us see how this will continue. I have food to eat for atleast 2 months. it his brothers and sisters- Rivers ppl that will suffer it. Rivers that most young ppl belong to one cult or the other and wield weapons , you want to shut them out from where they get their daily bread? Let us see how this will unfold.

Let APC take over this state in the next election. Infact, let them be taking it in turn so that if one party misbehaves, the other party is sure to take it.

Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by princechina(m): 6:16pm On May 07, 2020
mamatwiny:

Don't joke with Wike, he said it and will do it. He also said landlord shld make sure no shop in their building is open, when caught, govt will confiscate such property and be forfeited to govt. Just read that communique.

That man is full of mouth. He wouldn't do anything. He only bark to instill fear. That's what he knows how to do

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by NJOBOBO: 6:19pm On May 07, 2020
Why Did crisis like this not wait till I've lived finished and Died? Why when I'm alive��
Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by overlord77: 6:25pm On May 07, 2020
kingbee90:
Power, if not well handled, really intoxicates & when it turns you into a tyrant, you will definitely not end well.

Oh shut up!
What intoxicating power do you speak of? Why can't Nigerians especially the people of PH obey simple instruction. It's someone like Wike that fits them. I've never seen a people so stubborn with zero regards for rule of law.

Why did they step out, is it today they will make the millions they haven't made in 20+ years? Wike is also fighting for his life, let's not judge him else PHs case will be like that of some states.
Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by NairalandSon: 6:25pm On May 07, 2020
You mean I cannot even peep outside through my window?
Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by Lamasta(m): 6:27pm On May 07, 2020
princechina:

Rivers have been on partial lockdown for 6 weeks naw.
Desperate times require desperate measures it is well my brother we shall all overcome this covid-19
Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by amakadlite(f): 6:34pm On May 07, 2020
the lockdown is for our good please. if not for the fact that most people do not have means of sustainance and the govt is not helping out, there couldn't be other way of curtailing the spread especially given this new influx of almajiri down south. lockdown is the only way to check possible outbreak and contend it.
and for the records, what are these security persons doing at the borders? people traveling up and down in supposedly locked borders. wike should rise up against this porous borders.
Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by everbliss: 6:42pm On May 07, 2020
But people get mind sha. We know say hunger dey area. But I no gatz risk the little one wey I get based on say I dey go find more when person like wike mount. Aboy wike go drill those manchee them
Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by FrankFrenzy(m): 6:43pm On May 07, 2020
platido:
This is so barbaric and wickedness....all this because the FG refuses to give him the 10 Billion he requested to used and fight COVID-19 pandemic..he thinks doing this to Human that he will get it?...he has taminated his future political career in nearest future

Please enough of this #10B gibberish.
I mean what's the correlation between total lockdown and getting FG intervention.
Is the easiest way to get FG's attention not by having exponential increase in number of cases in a given state?
Can you please explain to me how the total lockdown will worsen Rivers covid 19 case record hitherto causing the FG to dish out cash.
Wike is one man who loves life and living, a governor whose family members (parents and siblings) are core Port Harcourt people. Even if he's too wicked to love Rivers state and Port Harcourt which I doubt, he will do everything to ensure PH remains safe for the sake of his family whose ancestral and family house dwells in the heart of Port Harcourt city.
Let's cut this man some slack please
Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by fearless247: 6:51pm On May 07, 2020
obataokenwa:
Abeg stay in your village and leave Wike and PH alone...u don't know that Rivers State is like the center to all South East and South South...if it escalates here, Onitsha and owerri plus Bayelsa are not all safe let alone abia state
And who told you that the virus is controlled by lockdowns? Worse still is that he locks people without testing anything so what's the purpose of the lockdown? If you want to copy a method from foreign countries, don't be stupid, learn how they do it before you copy it
Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by santuspearl: 7:02pm On May 07, 2020
kingbee90:
Power, if not well handled, really intoxicates & when it turns you into a tyrant, you will definitely not end well.

Sometimes I wonder how some Nigerian youths think. A state made a pronouncement banning entry into the state and you illegally try to enter the state and you are arrested. what has tyranny got to do with that? please stop showing your stupidity and lack of sense on social media please, it irritates me. We need a leader that can implement laws.
Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by otokx(m): 7:04pm On May 07, 2020
sassysure:
Has any politician or well to do sons and daughters of rivers ever shared something to their people?

LuLu Briggs did in Abonnema.
Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by ekaF(f): 7:04pm On May 07, 2020
The officers on patrol are actually collecting money from people. Someone I know was arrested with some others. Before she was released, they collected money from them. Don't believe everything you see on the news it's mostly propaganda and sham
Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by otokx(m): 7:07pm On May 07, 2020
santuspearl:

Sometimes I wonder how some Nigerian youths think. A state made a pronouncement banning entry into the state and you illegally try to enter the state and you are arrested. what has tyranny got to do with that? please stop showing your stupidity and lack of sense on social media please, it irritates me. We need a leader that can implement laws.

WIKE is saying some police officer gave permit to people to move about and that only him the point 1 should be giving such permit.
Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by mauchiz: 7:12pm On May 07, 2020
I don't understand Nigerians,
If Wike did not work, you people will complain, he is working now, there is still complaints, it is well with Nigerians.

If Wike had left it open, everyone should start coming in, Do you people know what will happen?
They are complaining of mask they said they should put on, while in other countries that's is how everyone dresses.

Nigerians complain too much.
Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 07, 2020
otokx:

LuLu Briggs did in Abonnema.
Finally.
At least somebody did something.
Thanks.
Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by Daintydan: 8:01pm On May 07, 2020
CeoMYN:

I'm living freely young man.
Mental slavery is what I mean.
Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by s4short: 8:23pm On May 07, 2020
Expresswriter:
Why are you people calling him a bad person?

Do you think it's easy handling leadership?

Think about the number of people that have been affected recently by COVID-19 in Port Harcourt then you'll realize how painful it is.

The initial lockdown that they did for markets in Port Harcourt didn't get full compliance. Yet the Governor didn't complain. People were coasting and enjoying. He kept calling for compliance but never complained.

Now that the same people who refused to comply are beginning to see the consequences with the increase of the number of infected persons they're complaining that Wike is too harsh!

Do you expect the Governor to fold his hands and be like Buhari who nobody sees?

Wetin be una problem sef!

Wike is doing his best, yet you're complaining.

Ask yourself, where is Buhari?

Do you ever get to see him on news except on Nationwide broadcast and that is after Nigerians have complained and complained and complained -- before you'd see him on TV.

Nothing ever pleases SOME of you Nairalanders!

Bunch of complainers.

Tufiakwa!

You made mention of number of cases which apparently is 14!!!, I put it to you that by far higher number of people have not just been infected but have died from other illnesses due to this and previous lockdowns that tout of a governor has been ordering. The problem with most rivers people is they are as myopic as their governor no wonder the saying that government is a product of the people.
The question you need to ask yourself is what exactly does he aim to achieve with this lockdown and what are the implications of the lockdown, secondly do the cons by far outweigh the pros? Because when you logically process what he is doing the only thing he would achieve is power show with regard to covid 19 in a Nigerian setting his methods can never work, I pity the people of Rivers State sha
Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by obataokenwa(m): 8:46pm On May 07, 2020
fearless247:

And who told you that the virus is controlled by lockdowns? Worse still is that he locks people without testing anything so what's the purpose of the lockdown? If you want to copy a method from foreign countries, don't be stupid, learn how they do it before you copy it
I'm done with you cos your words are full of hatred
Re: Governor Wike Monitors Port-Harcourt Lockdown. Defaulters Arrested (Photos) by subcbouy: 8:49pm On May 07, 2020
I have never agreed with him on his policies but for this time, Wike you try for diz one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows After Sighting Vigilante In Anambra. Photos. / Situation In Nigerian Prison-you Don't Want To See This Pix / Picture Of President Elect With His VP In Office This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.