Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,885 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Do You Agree With Atheist On This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Agree With Atheist On This? (2960 Views)

Christains Dont Argue With Atheist , Instead Preach To Them To Repent / Atheist On Nairaland Pls Welcome Me / An Atheist On Judgment Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by Aonkuuse(m): 4:48pm On May 07, 2020
So complicated

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by kingxsamz(m): 8:00pm On May 07, 2020
grin grin
That's why he's a good loving God.
Punishes you for eternity for his own mistakes.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by hakeem4(m): 8:31pm On May 07, 2020
grin yeah i actually agree
Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by EMILO2STAY(m): 8:51pm On May 07, 2020
hakeem4:
grin yeah i actually agree
the atheist is wrong. Hell is place of punishment for the devil not a place for him to punish others. And humans do not necessarily follow the devil, humans make their own decisions which is why they will be judged By their works.

1 Like

Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by hakeem4(m): 9:06pm On May 07, 2020
EMILO2STAY:
the atheist is wrong. Hell is place of punishment for the devil not a place for him to punish others. And humans do not necessarily follow the devil, humans make their own decisions which is why they will be judged By their works.
So that means the concept of free will is irrelevant ?

1 Like

Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by chemystery: 9:19pm On May 07, 2020
God refuses to give us eternal life on Earth because we are sinners.
But God wants to give sinners eternal life in hell so that he can torture them.

Don't forget that God loves you, and this is just one of His best ways of showing it.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:43pm On May 07, 2020
hakeem4:
So that means the concept of free will is irrelevant ?
what do you mean?
Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by hakeem4(m): 9:49pm On May 07, 2020
EMILO2STAY:
what do you mean?
you said human make their own decision
Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:42pm On May 07, 2020
hakeem4:
yes
Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:46pm On May 07, 2020
chemystery:

Don't forget that God loves you, and this is just one of His best ways of showing it.

for the wages of sin is death but the gift of God os earthernal life.
Don't be confused there is no life in hell.
Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by Nobody: 8:17am On May 08, 2020
hakeem4:

You are confusing yourself with that question. Is it not when you have free will that you make your decision? Just as the op said.
Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by hakeem4(m): 8:50am On May 08, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

You are confusing yourself with that question. Is it not when you have free will that you make your decision? Just as the op said.
yes. But what i was insinuating was that there would not be need for any divine plan if we made all our decisions

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:09am On May 08, 2020
hakeem4:
yes. But what i was insinuating was that there would not be need for any divine plan if we made all our decisions

COUNTER!

7 Likes

Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by EMILO2STAY(m): 3:41pm On May 08, 2020
hakeem4:
man now knows the difference between good and bad just like the angels. Man is now left to make their own decisions to choose what is good or bad.

God has set his standard for man to follow, a part which all men know it is the good path. But those who reject the commands of God will not be part of his new kingdom.

Pls I will like you to explain more on the devine plan you mean.
Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by hakeem4(m): 6:29pm On May 08, 2020
EMILO2STAY:
man now knows the difference between good and bad just like the angels. Man is now left to make their own decisions to choose what is good or bad.

God has set his standard for man to follow, a part which all men know it is the good path. But those who reject the commands of God will not be part of his new kingdom.

Pls I will like you to explain more on the devine plan you mean.

@Bolded does not look like free will to me. Free will is the ability to choose between different possible courses of action unimpeded.

I have repeatedly seen the argument that Free Will is a doomed concept because human “will” is not “free” because all human activity, including human cognition, is either (i) inexorably caused by forces outside of any person’s control, or (ii) random and chaotic — but, in either event, not the result of a free and deliberate choice.

Neither am i deterministic. I just want to understand this your your divine free will

4 Likes

Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by festwiz(m): 6:54pm On May 08, 2020
hakeem4:
Exactly!

They say god knows "the beginning and the end", something along those lines. If true, then it means every single person living, have lived or would live is only a part of such plan and no matter what path you choose, it's all "God's plan".

I really wonder how they claim to have free will. If god could make a plan for his only begotten son (himself) how can a lesser creation than the sovereign have freewill?

Also, before Jesus' crucifixion when Peter cut off the guard's ear, Jesus told him not to interfere. So, it really puzzles where Christians get their freewill from.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by EMILO2STAY(m): 7:27pm On May 08, 2020
hakeem4:

@Bolded does not look like free will to me. Free will is the ability to choose between different possible courses of action unimpeded.

I have repeatedly seen the argument that Free Will is a doomed concept because human “will” is not “free” because all human activity, including human cognition, is either (i) inexorably caused by forces outside of any person’s control, or (ii) random and chaotic — but, in either event, not the result of a free and deliberate choice.

Neither am i deterministic. I just want to understand this your your divine free will
you first have to understand that there is good and evil in this world. The free will am talking about is the ability of man to choose between these( good and evil) . the laws of God are well known to man even without being commanded to us by God,.. Thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not kill etc. Man now in his fallen state, knowing fully well the meaning of their actions are can do as he pleases but every action will be brought to book.
Christ said, " I set before thee life and death choose, but I advise you choose life.

The fact that it is called free will does not mean you will go Scot free without bearing the consequences of your action.

You have to remember there is good and evil in this world. If you are not on the side of good then automatically you are on the side of evil.
So therefore you have the free will to choose between these two with out any one forcing to do it.
Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by hakeem4(m): 9:20pm On May 08, 2020
EMILO2STAY:
you first have to understand that there is good and evil in this world. The free will am talking about is the ability of man to choose between these( good and evil) . the laws of God are well known to man even without being commanded to us by God,.. Thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not kill etc. Man now in his fallen state, knowing fully well the meaning of their actions are can do as he pleases but every action will be brought to book.
Christ said, " I set before thee life and death choose, but I advise you choose life.

The fact that it is called free will does not mean you will go Scot free without bearing the consequences of your action.

You have to remember there is good and evil in this world. If you are not on the side of good then automatically you are on the side of evil.
So therefore you have the free will to choose between these two with out any one forcing to do it.
Then god cannot be omniscient and give us free will at the same time. It is logically incoherent. Since the Abrahamic god claims that he is omniscient and offers us free will, this type of god would be difficult to conceive

Does God know or does He not know that a certain individual will be good or bad? If thou sayest 'He knows', then it necessarily follows that the man is compelled to act as God knew beforehand how he would act, otherwise, God's knowledge would be imperfect.…"

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by Funaki: 9:26pm On May 08, 2020
hakeem4:

Then god cannot be omniscient and give us free will at the same time. It is logically incoherent. Since the Abrahamic god claims that he is omniscient and offers us free will, this type of god would be difficult to conceive

Does God know or does He not know that a certain individual will be good or bad? If thou sayest 'He knows', then it necessarily follows that the man is compelled to act as God knew beforehand how he would act, otherwise, God's knowledge would be imperfect.…"

I'm liking this

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:51pm On May 08, 2020
hakeem4:

the fact that God is omniscient does not change the fact that humans choose their own path by themselves. His omniscient does not compel anyone to do what they do.

Christ knew that Judas iscariot would betray him, he did not manipulate Judas to do his will but Judas chooses to do so by himself of his own freewill knowing fully well what he was doing.

The fact that God is omniscient and all knowing does not mean that man can do what ever he likes with out judgment because his own conscience convicts him of his sins.
Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by feedthenation(m): 11:01pm On May 08, 2020
God has given us the free will option to decide whom we will give our lives to.
Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by Kobojunkie: 11:33pm On May 08, 2020
In the Bible, Satan is in fact one of the Sons of God, meaning He is a servant of God. The old testament Hasatan is in fact to be revered, even by the Angels.
Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by hupernikao: 12:40am On May 09, 2020
Aonkuuse:
So complicated

The post actually is full of ignorance. Sometimes it's good to know things when before dabbling into it or avoid it totally and face your business.

Many atheist, display absolute ignorance in their display of knowledge especially as related to the subject matter.
Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by hupernikao: 12:41am On May 09, 2020
chemystery:

Where did you see this sir. Who taught you about eternal life?
Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by hupernikao: 12:46am On May 09, 2020
hakeem4:

Is a knowing same thing as a cause?
Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by hakeem4(m): 1:04am On May 09, 2020
EMILO2STAY:
the fact that God is omniscient does not change the fact that humans choose their own path by themselves. His omniscient does not compel anyone to do what they do.

Christ knew that Judas iscariot would betray him, he did not manipulate Judas to do his will but Judas chooses to do so by himself of his own freewill knowing fully well what he was doing.

The fact that God is omniscient and all knowing does not mean that man can do what ever he likes with out judgment because his own conscience convicts him of his sins.
No! god had already plan that judas would betray him according to the bible. So indirectly judas was working under the command of god
Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by mumumugu(m): 3:33am On May 09, 2020
Old testament is different god from new testament
Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by Nobody: 5:51am On May 09, 2020
Aonkuuse:
So complicated

That's the erroneous man-made doctrines and philosophies of the churches of Christendom!

According to the book, both Satan and his deceived followers will go into extinction {Genesis 3:14-19} while faithful individuals live as youths forever! Proverbs 2:20-22

So Satan will surely be destroyed at last, immortality will only be bestowed on the righteous NOT the wicked! Psalms 37:9-11

Thanks! smiley

1 Like

Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by EMILO2STAY(m): 6:50am On May 09, 2020
hakeem4:
No! god had already plan that judas would betray him according to the bible. So indirectly judas was working under the command of god
that is true, though you will not say he was manipulated to act that way.

He actually did out of his own choice.
Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by festwiz(m): 7:13am On May 09, 2020
EMILO2STAY:
that is true, though you will not say he was manipulated to act that way.

He actually did out of his own choice.
Do you know what the word "plan" means?
Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by EMILO2STAY(m): 8:03am On May 09, 2020
festwiz:
Do you know what the word "plan" means?
what's your point?
Re: Do You Agree With Atheist On This? by Nobody: 8:49am On May 09, 2020
hakeem4:

Well that's a mistake there Sir!

God doesn't determine who will become good or evil, it's the tendency of our heart's condition that determines what we will become! Genesis 4:6-7

Satan is smart, he wanted Jesus to be humiliated for volunteering himself to save mankind, Satan's plan was to make the same humans that Jesus has come to save do things that ordinary spirit beings can't take from lesser intelligent beings like humans!

Satan gathered the proud ones among the Jews and made them a team against Jesus who actually came to lay the foundation for salvation through the Jews! John 4:22

Judas Iscariot was materialistic {John 12:4-6; Matthew 26:14-16}} so Satan capitalized on his wickedness for riches and used him! Luke 22:3-6

So it's our weaknesses that Satan takes as advantage to make use of us, it's not PREDESTINED by God! James 1:13-15

Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Says Virginity Lost Can Never Be Regained? / 150 Mfm Prayer Points For Stagnation / Somebody Touch My Soul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.