Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 (1748 Views)

My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. / General Gowon Sitting And Eating On The Floor In Benin In 1967 (Throwback Photo) / Ned Nwoko Reacts To His Court Victory, Dedicates Victory To God & Anioma People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by Admissionclass: 4:53pm On May 07, 2020
There is a popular saying that if you fail to learn from history it is bound to repeat itself.most delta Igbos and ikwerres do not consider themselves Igbos I laugh and laugh I think they tend to forget what what in 1967 when Nigerian troops massacred them in asaba you are claiming you are not Igbos but the Hausa/fulanis know it's not true you guy near Igbo name's like AMAKA,Ngozi,Chidi,ugochukwu and the rest .don't be fooled other Nigerian tribes know those are Igbos name's that's why they massacred you guys in 1967 even though you guys denied your Igbo identity all my saying if Igbos manage to secede from this zoo called Nigerian you guys will suffer if you fail to join biafra struggle because you will be considered enemies of the state because you share Similarities with the Igbo race a word is enough for the wise bye.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by IduNaOba: 5:01pm On May 07, 2020
Igbo Amaka
Everyday Igbo threads keeps coming up.
Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo

4 Likes

Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by mrvitalis(m): 5:02pm On May 07, 2020
Admissionclass:
There is a popular saying that if you fail to learn from history it is bound to repeat itself.most delta Igbos and ikwerres do not consider themselves Igbos I laugh and laugh I think they tend to forget what what in 1967 when Nigerian troops massacred them in asaba you are claiming you are not Igbos but the Hausa/fulanis know it's not true you guy near Igbo name's like AMAKA,Ngozi,Chidi,ugochukwu and the rest .don't be fooled other Nigerian tribes know those are Igbos name's that's why they massacred you guys in 1967 even though you guys denied your Igbo identity all my saying if Igbos manage to secede from this zoo called Nigerian you guys will suffer because you will be considered enemies of the state because you share Similarities with the Igbo race a word is enough for the wise bye.
Shut up ....igbos are Igbos ... anyone who says they are not igbos should be allowed . ..there are still many igbos in Rivers State outside ikwerre ... enough of this rubbish post

Igbo is the supreme tribe in Nigeria we beg no one to join us

5 Likes

Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by gwafaeziokwu: 5:04pm On May 07, 2020
This one just graduated from Romance class to join in the self-service feast.

If you want to write an opinion at least make it comprehensible

Or are you just an alternate moniker resurrected to provoke Igbo hate on Nairaland

Watching. ..........

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by Admissionclass: 5:14pm On May 07, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:
This one just graduated from Romance class to join in the self-service feast.

If you want to write an opinion at least make it comprehensible

Or are you just an alternate moniker resurrected to provoke Igbo hate on Nairaland

Watching. ..........

Not really I just want all Igbo speaking tongues to unite I went to portharcourt in 2014 to my surprise ikwerres deny they are not Igbos but best Igbo name's.
Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by Admissionclass: 5:15pm On May 07, 2020
mrvitalis:

Shut up ....igbos are Igbos ... anyone who says they are not igbos should be allowed . ..there are still many igbos in Rivers State outside ikwerre ... enough of this rubbish post

Igbo is the supreme tribe in Nigeria we beg no one to join us

I doubt if Igbos in rivers state accept they are igbos
Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 07, 2020
Admissionclass:

And how is that your business.

When we are even agitate for Oranaeze the ndi Omambala and Omambala ethnic nationality.

Please remain in Imo state with your complex and martyr syndrome.
Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by gwafaeziokwu: 5:31pm On May 07, 2020
Admissionclass:

Not really I just want all Igbo speaking tongues to unite I went to portharcourt in 2014 to my surprise ikwerres deny they are not Igbos but best Igbo name's.

Why are you bothered about someone's identity crisis. Pick a book on the civil war and keep yourself busy. After then you might understand the politics of identity in Nigeria.

Not everyone is as mentally strong as the south east Igbos in the face of mockery,marginalisation and all sorts of evil things thrown at a people to break them. Some igboid groups got broken at a point. We can't really blame them. A lot of them, especially as the older generation that witnessed things first hand are taking their exit, is having a rethink.

Igbos are a proud race although with deep affection for "Nwanne", my brother. We will relate with the ones that answer "Nwanne " and leave those who want to chart their own path. It's called freedom.
Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 07, 2020
IduNaOba:
Igbo Amaka
Everyday Igbo threads keeps coming up.
Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo
Bamite and other APC minions will not like this

Cc lzaa itooworwor

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by Admissionclass: 5:35pm On May 07, 2020
Yes brother what if biafra secedes tomm orow and aniomas and ikwerre are left behind and they get persecuted or massacred for their Igbo identity how will you feel just talking out of brotherly love though
Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by ificatchmodeh: 5:35pm On May 07, 2020
When Yoruba drop this kind thread .. they say their beating igbos and have been beating igbos online..

“ the kind beAting Igbos don collect this week” grin

Na Yoruba ignorance Dey radiate? grin.
If this is not foolishness what else is it? grin

.... and funny how them go Dey talk to themselves... based on questions and answers... grin

I really the pity for all this online Yoruba warriors.. you Dey make mouth say you Dey open Igbo thread and you Dey beAt igbo.. but igbos Dey with you and you see them everyday..
To open mouth talk trash.. even with Yoruba kobo kobo juju.. Yoruba no fit..

Na to com online Dey show power ... grin. Is that not living in fantasy? grin

Insecurity is bad...
Bayerebe’s are actively insecure.... that’s the worst that can happen to a living thing.

So mr op..

How do your findings help you, your Yoruba tribe, Nigeria, and igbos?

Now reason if you’re stupid , foolish, daft, imp, or a typical Yoruba boy of southwest

Wish you well... and quick recovery... is very obvious

Bayerebe grin

While do igbos always reply this humans?

Allow the world see their brains and what’s in them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by ItooWorWor(m): 5:37pm On May 07, 2020
imhotep:

Cc lzaa itooworwor
grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by Admissionclass: 5:38pm On May 07, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

Why are you bothered about someone's identity crisis. Pick a book on the civil war and keep yourself busy. After then you might understand the politics of identity in Nigeria.

Not everyone is as mentally strong as the south east Igbos in the face of mockery,marginalisation and all sorts of evil things thrown at a people to break them. Some igboid groups got broken at a point. We can't really blame them. A lot of them, especially as the older generation that witnessed things first hand are taking their exit, is having a rethink.

Igbos are a proud race although with deep affection for "Nwanne", my brother. We will relate with the ones that answer "Nwanne " and leave those who want to chart their own path. It's called freedom.

Yes brother what if biafra secedes tomm orow and aniomas and ikwerre are left behind and they get persecuted or massacred for their Igbo identity how will you feel just talking out of brotherly love though
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by LZAA: 5:46pm On May 07, 2020
imhotep:

Cc lzaa itooworwor
grin grin
Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by waledeji(m): 5:48pm On May 07, 2020
ificatchmodeh:
When Yoruba drop this kind thread .. they say their beating igbos and have been beating igbos online..

“ the kind beAting Igbos don collect this week” grin

Na Yoruba ignorance Dey radiate? grin.
If this is not foolishness what else is it? grin

.... and funny how them go Dey talk to themselves... based on questions and answers... grin

I really the pity for all this online Yoruba warriors.. you Dey make mouth say you Dey open Igbo thread and you Dey beAt igbo.. but igbos Dey with you and you see them everyday..
To open mouth talk trash.. even with Yoruba kobo kobo juju.. Yoruba no fit..

Na to com online Dey show power ... grin. Is that not living in fantasy? grin

Insecurity is bad...
Bayerebe’s are actively insecure.... that’s the worst that can happen to a living thing.

So mr op..

How do your findings help you, your Yoruba tribe, Nigeria, and igbos?

Now reason if you’re stupid , foolish, daft, imp, or a typical Yoruba boy of southwest

Wish you well... and quick recovery... is very obvious

Bayerebe grin

While do igbos always reply this humans?

Allow the world see their brains and what’s in them
You say wetin

Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by waledeji(m): 5:51pm On May 07, 2020
[quote author=Ajagala post=89295322][/quote]I don deal with you well wel cheesy cheesy

Instead of you to get me banned, I'm getting you banned every hour cheesy grin grin.ibo boy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by Printerscanner: 6:16pm On May 07, 2020
Joblessness and laziness can cause anything from stupidity to chronic madness.
Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by jericco1(m): 6:26pm On May 07, 2020
I am ika and I am not Igbo go kill yourself undecided

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by mrvitalis(m): 6:27pm On May 07, 2020
Admissionclass:

Who cares ...their loss ...igbos are complete we have everything we need ...access to sea , natural resources ...most importantly human resources ,fertile land , underground clean water....bro we need no one ...they need us

By the time ijaws marginalize them in niger Delta republic like old rivers state ...they would run begging
Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by stabilizer: 6:32pm On May 07, 2020
I love igbo people ooooo but majority of them think with their anus, Their reasoning strength is too low. Most times, I feel disappointed!
Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by Admissionclass: 6:32pm On May 07, 2020
mrvitalis:

Who cares ...their loss ...igbos are complete we have everything we need ...access to sea , natural resources ...most importantly human resources ,fertile land , underground clean water....bro we need no one ...they need us

By the time ijaws marginalize them in niger Delta republic like old rivers state ...they would run begging

Where do we have access to the sea? It's not clear.

Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by Admissionclass: 6:36pm On May 07, 2020
jericco1:
I am ika and I am not Igbo go kill yourself undecided

Who needs you grin grin ika a landlocked tiny fraction of delta state with no access to the sea mtchewww
Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by jericco1(m): 6:43pm On May 07, 2020
Admissionclass:

Who needs you grin grin ika a landlocked tiny fraction of delta state with no access to the sea mtchewww

Well Delta is not Igbo undecided
Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by Admissionclass: 6:46pm On May 07, 2020
jericco1:

Well Delta is not Igbo undecided

You are not in the position to decide you are a nobody let the elites decide.
Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by jericco1(m): 6:47pm On May 07, 2020
Admissionclass:

You are not in the position to decide you are a nobody let the elites decide.

Look at this dunce. Keep dreamingundecided
Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by EmmaNuella77(f): 6:51pm On May 07, 2020
I am from ikwerre and I'm not Igbo. I refuse to be Igbo. Abi na by force.? Ehnnnn OP.?!. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 07, 2020
stabilizer:
I love igbo people ooooo but majority of them think with their anus, Their reasoning strength is too low. Most times, I feel disappointed!

They are not rational people, they act based off of emotions alone

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by Admissionclass: 6:59pm On May 07, 2020
EmmaNuella77:
I am from ikwerre and I'm not Igbo. I refuse to be Igbo. Abi na by force.? Ehnnnn OP.?!. Smh

Nobody needs ikwrre it is landlocked and after corona virus ends oil will be useless sm h.
Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 07, 2020
Newsweek, in one of its reports titled “The Resurrection of Biafra,” stated that “some of the worst massacres of the war, in fact, occurred when federal troops captured minority regions -where upon the minority tribesmen turned on the Ibos in bloody fury.”

This quote presents the Igbo as the victims in the hands of the minority groups, without reference to any experience the minorities might have had in the Igbo-dominated region before the arrival of the federal troops

The Forgotten Victims: Ethnic Minorities in the
Nigeria-Biafra War, 1967-1970
Arua Oko Omaka
McMaster University, omakaao@mcmaster.ca

STOP TWISTING HISTORY. BIAFRAN SOLDIERS KILLED THEM.

Re: Ikwerre And Anioma People Should Not Forget The Massacre In 1967 by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 07, 2020
To understand the divergent attitudes of the minorities to the Biafran secession, an examination of oral histories from people who occupied positions of authority during the war as well as from ordinary people is necessary. The Ikun in the present day Cross River State presents a good example of the crimes committed against the minorities.

The Ikun clan is in the Biase Local Government Area of Cross River State. The people share a common boundary with the Ohafia, an Igbo clan, in the present day Abia State. When the war broke out, Biafra stationed some of its troops in the Cross River region, including Ikun. According to a female survivor-victim of the Biafran occupation, the Ikun initially supported Biafra and had friendly relations with the soldiers, who were also accommodating. As time went on,. tensions emerged.

Some Ikun men were suspected of collaborating with Nigerian soldiers. This led to arrests, looting, rapes, and other atrocities in Ikun
land. William Norris of the London Times who visited Biafra, also reported an eye￾witness account in which some men of Ibibio ethnic origin were beaten to death at Umuahia on April 2, 1968.

These Ibibios who included old men and young men were apparently suspected of collaborating with advancing Nigerian troops. They were reportedly frog-marched across an open space while the local people attacked them with sticks and clubs. Oral testimony by the survivor-victim corroborates. [/quote]

The Forgotten Victims: Ethnic Minorities in the
Nigeria-Biafra War, 1967-1970
Arua Oko Omaka
McMaster University, omakaao@mcmaster.ca

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kidnapped Kaduna Minor Killed After Parents Paid N5m Ransom / I'm Join A Peaceful Rally Of Tomorrow / Lord Lugard Was A Devil Incarnate – Pastor Paul Adefarasin (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.