Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,302 members, 7,815,545 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion (4698 Views)

Snake In AC Vent: Car Owners, What’s Your Next Move? / Can You Spot The Unusual Error On The Rear Badge Of This Porsche Cayenne SUV? / My Lexus GX 470 AC Emits Hot Air But Cools Only On The Passenger's AC Vent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by Mynewdawn15: 5:00pm On May 07, 2020
Good Evening All.

I want to install a new a rear AC vent in my Camry 07 LE

I need help with getting the necessary material from scrap yard in Ladipo or Ngbuka (Onitsha).

Anyone on this forum with the right contact.

Part needed:
Rear center Ac vent and the Y duct connector inside the center console assembly as shown in the picture and video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8yag-Urvvc

Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by Mynewdawn15: 5:09pm On May 07, 2020
Gazzuzz
Opusdei1
Kingreign
Mayor2013
Nurey
Legalwealth
Heavenlybang and everyone.

Doing it myself

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:13pm On May 07, 2020
Is...is it worth it?
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by Mynewdawn15: 5:15pm On May 07, 2020
HeavenlyBang:
Is...is it worth it?

If it won't cost much, I can give it a trial.

Sourcing the parts locally.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by Badb0y4lyf(m): 8:42am On May 08, 2020
The air con will eventually circulate I don’t see a need for this

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by justiniyke29: 9:23am On May 08, 2020
The Vent At The Rear Is A Continuation Of Airflow From The Front, And As Such Its Usually Weak And Makes Little Difference. An Example Is My W220 With Vent On The Door Pillars, The Center Air Vent From The Rear And Foot Space For The Rear, The Air Coming From Those Vents Is Not Enough, Because Majority Comes Out From Those Vents In The Dashboard.
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by FEGNO: 9:26am On May 08, 2020
Bro, not worth the trouble. It's aesthetic at best. For functionality the dash vents will cool the car well enough
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by Mynewdawn15: 3:18pm On May 08, 2020
I stay in the North, it's really hot here. Thinking if I should add the rear vent, the circulation will be a bit good.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:52pm On May 08, 2020
Mynewdawn15:
I stay in the North, it's really hot here. Thinking if I should add the rear vent, the circulation will be a bit good.

Maybe your AC unit is going bad?
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by thebigkendo(m): 4:19pm On May 08, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Maybe your AC unit is going bad?

His AC has been kazeemed..

https://www.nairaland.com/5672519/excessive-fuel-consumption-toyota-camry
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:30pm On May 08, 2020
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by Mynewdawn15: 7:26pm On May 08, 2020
thebigkendo:

His AC has been kazeemed..

https://www.nairaland.com/5672519/excessive-fuel-consumption-toyota-camry

Can we just focus on the Topic?

I only want a vent to the back, forget if my AC has been converted to Manual compressor or not. It is cooling fine.

Anyway thanks atleast you contributed

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by asamwababy: 9:35pm On May 08, 2020
Mynewdawn15:

Can we just focus on the Topic?

I only want a vent to the back, forget if my AC has been converted to Manual compressor or not. It is cooling fine.

Anyway thanks atleast you contributed

Only makes sense if you have kids.

Beneficial for the front passengers or hoping to circulate cooling NO.
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by Mynewdawn15: 10:26pm On May 08, 2020
asamwababy:

Only makes sense if you have kids.

Beneficial for the front passengers or hoping to circulate cooling NO.

This is why I want a vent at the back.

Most times I drive, my family (wife and kid) sits at the back.

I only need someone who can help source the parts in Lagos or Onitsha

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by double3(m): 9:28pm On May 09, 2020
Is this project worth the stress,why not just get an xle on ur next purchase,looking at past history of ur cooling system I won't attempt such modifications.
If rear passengers aren't feeling the cooling effect,I'll advice u tint ur side windows to reduce effect of external radiation. That's a cheaper and safer option.

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by kingreign(m): 9:41pm On May 11, 2020
Mynewdawn15:
Gazzuzz
Opusdei1
Kingreign
Mayor2013
Nurey
Legalwealth
Heavenlybang and everyone.

Doing it myself

Thanks

It's a very easy conversion as long as you have the ASSY, tools and know the technicalities involved.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by kingreign(m): 9:43pm On May 11, 2020
Mynewdawn15:
Good Evening All.

I want to install a new a rear AC vent in my Camry 07 LE

I need help with getting the necessary material from scrap yard in Ladipo or Ngbuka (Onitsha).

Anyone on this forum with the right contact.

Part needed:
Rear center Ac vent and the Y duct connector inside the center console assembly as shown in the picture and video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8yag-Urvvc

Bro do it. I'm solidly behind you and willing to offer remote assistance to you when you call.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by diportivo: 7:26am On May 12, 2020
Mynewdawn15:

I only need someone who can help source the parts in Lagos or Onitsha

gazzuzzlogistics
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by aninweze(m): 9:10am On May 12, 2020
double3:
Is this project worth the stress,why not just get an xle on ur next purchase,looking at past history of ur cooling system I won't attempt such modifications.
If rear passengers aren't feeling the cooling effect,I'll advice u tint ur side windows to reduce effect of external radiation. That's a cheaper and safer option.

The bolded is the best advice. Tint your Car windows and get a tinted permit.
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by Mynewdawn15: 11:55am On May 12, 2020
kingreign:

It's a very easy conversion as long as you have the ASSY, tools and know the technicalities involved.
Someone gave me the ASSY (the air vent for 15k and the Y duct for 10k), still trying to get other quote.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by Mynewdawn15: 11:56am On May 12, 2020
aninweze:

The bolded is the best advice. Tint your Car windows and get a tinted permit.

I don't think I am ready for police wàhálà even with the permit.
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by kingreign(m): 12:03pm On May 12, 2020
Mynewdawn15:

Someone gave me the ASSY (the air vent for 15k and the Y duct for 10k), still trying to get other quote.

New or Toks?
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by Mynewdawn15: 12:10pm On May 12, 2020
kingreign:

New or Toks?

Toks
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by kingreign(m): 12:15pm On May 12, 2020
Mynewdawn15:

Toks

That Louvre is too expensive for that amount (in my own opinion). Where are you sourcing your parts from?
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by Zane2point4(m): 3:06pm On May 12, 2020
Using xle model of that Camry..
The chilled air coming from dash is ok that i close the rear vents, i wonder why u need the vents.
Goodluck in your quest grin
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by double3(m): 3:44pm On May 12, 2020
Zane2point4:
Using xle model of that Camry..
The chilled air coming from dash is ok that i close the rear vents, i wonder why u need the vents.
Goodluck in your quest grin
Its obvious he's cooling system is not efficient and he's hoping adding and extra vent would boost chilling which I doubt. I use an LE 09 though and can't remember when I drove at lowest temp settings yet the vehicle chills perfectly under hot weather.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by Mynewdawn15: 6:39pm On May 12, 2020
kingreign:

That Louvre is too expensive for that amount (in my own opinion). Where are you sourcing your parts from?
I know it's expensive.

Ẹ̀gbọ́n I will call you.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by Mynewdawn15: 6:52pm On May 12, 2020
double3:

Its obvious he's cooling system is not efficient and he's hoping adding and extra vent would boost chilling which I doubt. I use an LE 09 though and can't remember when I drove at lowest temp settings yet the vehicle chills perfectly under hot weather.

My Cooling system is efficient, just need an extra vent to the back. I want to have same cooling I get from the dashboard at the rear since the cooling is same.

This picture from the repair manual shows that I can get xame cooling from dashboard vent at the rear vent. No harm in trying

Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by double3(m): 7:42am On Jun 05, 2020
Any update on this project??
Re: Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion by melviniyke2002(m): 6:18am On Nov 26, 2020
double3:
Any update on this project??
angry

(1) (Reply)

What Colour Would You Prefer Your Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon To Come In? [PHOTOS] / Mikkyphp's Free Paint Job / This Car Wants To Send Me To The Village.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.