Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

My Lexus GX 470 AC Emits Hot Air But Cools Only On The Passenger's AC Vent - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Lexus GX 470 AC Emits Hot Air But Cools Only On The Passenger's AC Vent (2049 Views)

Snake In AC Vent: Car Owners, What’s Your Next Move? / BREAKING: China Invents Bus That Runs Without Fuel And Emits Drinkable Water / Man Fined For Strapping Car To A Hot Air Balloon & Flying It 98ft Over The City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Lexus GX 470 AC Emits Hot Air But Cools Only On The Passenger's AC Vent by kbright911(m): 12:35pm On Sep 13, 2017
[color=#770077][/color] I bought my Lexus GX 470 2007 model late October last year and everything was good, but of recent I've noticed that the AC has stopped cooling and blows hot/warm air inclusive the rear AC vents. But the passenger's AC vents still cools.. Please what could be wrong with my SUV's AC system. Professional advise needed please.
Re: My Lexus GX 470 AC Emits Hot Air But Cools Only On The Passenger's AC Vent by princetom1(m): 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2017
kbright911:
[color=#770077][/color] I bought my Lexus GX 470 2007 model late October last year and everything was good, but of recent I've noticed that the AC has stopped cooling and blows hot/warm air inclusive the rear AC vents. But the passenger's AC vents still cools.. Please what could be wrong with my SUV's AC system. Professional advise needed please.

GAZZUZZ, diportivo, nurey, timifakay, Honmusa, mayor2013
Re: My Lexus GX 470 AC Emits Hot Air But Cools Only On The Passenger's AC Vent by thebigkendo(m): 1:14pm On Sep 13, 2017
kbright911:

Check your dual climate button, if it is ON.. Put it Off and adjust the driver side temperature... If that doesn't work.. Wait for advice from the professionals

1 Like

Re: My Lexus GX 470 AC Emits Hot Air But Cools Only On The Passenger's AC Vent by nurey(m): 1:20pm On Sep 13, 2017
cc mosbus, op let them have your location so they can help with a professional fix
Re: My Lexus GX 470 AC Emits Hot Air But Cools Only On The Passenger's AC Vent by MightyThor(m): 2:48pm On Sep 13, 2017
Does the dual climate control still works?
try switching to warmer air on both sides if this works switch back to cooler air. If the drivers side still blows warm air, then it probably is the actuator that operates the vane (btw cool and warm air) is stuck on the warm air on the drivers side.

There maybe other causes but I had a similar experience and that was the culprit, the technician serviced the plastic gear system and greased it before it worked.
Re: My Lexus GX 470 AC Emits Hot Air But Cools Only On The Passenger's AC Vent by earthrealm(m): 4:06pm On Sep 13, 2017
kbright911:
3 major culprits.

1. low refrigrant
2. faulty blend boors in the air actuator
3. faulty dual climate control.

being a toyota, my money is on option1, hook a pair of manifold guages to the ac hi n lo side ac ports, they should be 30~45 lowside , and 180~240 hiside

2 Likes

Re: My Lexus GX 470 AC Emits Hot Air But Cools Only On The Passenger's AC Vent by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 13, 2017
kbright911:

Pls just go and refill your gas and let them clean your filter.
It happened to my lexus Rx 350, 07.

1 Like

Re: My Lexus GX 470 AC Emits Hot Air But Cools Only On The Passenger's AC Vent by kbright911(m): 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2017
segzy14:

Pls just go and refill your gas and let them clean your filter.
It happened to my lexus Rx 350, 07.
Thanks a lot..
Re: My Lexus GX 470 AC Emits Hot Air But Cools Only On The Passenger's AC Vent by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 13, 2017
Low refrigerant. Go full ur gas
Re: My Lexus GX 470 AC Emits Hot Air But Cools Only On The Passenger's AC Vent by timifakay(m): 10:17pm On Sep 13, 2017
kbright911:

If dual regulator is fine then that means refrigerant gas is low, have it vacuumed and refilled, also add Uv dye to the system so that point of leakage can be traced.

1 Like

Re: My Lexus GX 470 AC Emits Hot Air But Cools Only On The Passenger's AC Vent by kbright911(m): 1:00pm On Sep 14, 2017
timifakay:

If dual regulator is fine then that means refrigerant gas is low, have it vacuumed and refilled, also add Uv dye to the system so that point of leakage can be traced.

Thank you very much Sir.. Will do as you have said.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Lexus Boys Like To Flash Their Keys In Public? / Which Luxury Car Brand Has The Most Prestigious Reputation? / Audi A4 Vs 406 All Estate And 1999 Model.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.