Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,236 members, 7,811,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches (7792 Views)

FG Replies Afenifere, Says Farm Estates Not Ruga, Ranches / Lockdown: FG Gives N20,000 To Poor Households In FCT / There’s No Ban On Food Importation, FG Replies Financial Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by Citizenshelm: 6:09pm On May 07, 2020

The Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 has cleared the air on why markets and shops are allowed to open while churches are still under lock and key, CH Reports

Speaking on Thursday at the daily COVID-19 briefing in Abuja, Dr. Sani Aliyu, the National Coordinator of the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 said that the easing of the lockdown is to allow for minimal economic activity, and not for entertainment.

Dr. Aliyu made the clarification when he was asked by a journalist to respond to calls from Bishop David Oyedepo and Pastor Chris Oyakhilome for churches to be opened since markets have been allowed to function.

Recall Bishop Oyedepo had queried the logic behind allowing a market to open which according to him is not orderly, and closing a church which he said is more orderly.

“It is important for us to know that the easing of the lockdown does not mean that COVID-19 has been defeated. It is purely to allow for economic activity to go on, while at the same time the public is protected,” Dr. Aliyu said.

“We have allowed markets to open three times a week between 8 am to 3 pm, the same applies to the abattoir. We have also allowed the supermarkets to open between 8 am and 3 pm as well as eateries.

“…and the same way we have banned bars, clubs, gardens, entertainment centers, etc. While we have allowed this relaxation, at the time we put in place some enforcement, for example, we are making sure we don’t have more than 20 people congregating.

“It must be noted that these measures are not put in place for the PTF, but for the general good of the public, our health, and our well being.”

More =>> https://www.codedhits.com/opening-of-places-of-worship-fg-answers-bishop-oyedepo-oyakhilome/

Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by BranddesignerH: 6:11pm On May 07, 2020
Please who and who is this Presidency. Just to be sure who is telling us what.

It's only in Nigeria where you hear things like Presidency.

In Whitehouse A statement has got to do with a signature or nothing

5 Likes

Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by NwaNimo1(m): 6:11pm On May 07, 2020
Church na entertainment/a show.....

It can move online......

[img]https://media./images/fb388c8f2119d1add0f58eb2a4ef9325/tenor.gif[/img]

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by Azord(m): 6:13pm On May 07, 2020
Bleep Really?

I swear the man called church entertainment.

These pastor's won't love this respose.

Just watch it, they will react again.

When you react too much you react wrongly, smtimes u just gat be silent and watch.

5 Likes

Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by amanzejude(m): 6:15pm On May 07, 2020
Everyone will be fine. Let's remain optimistic and hopeful. At the end of the day, we will come out strong.

The first 400 people to like my Facebook post will be rewarded with airtime.
Once you have hit the "Like" button, inbox me the network that you use.
⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10214406165502535&id=1670269925&ref=bookmarks
Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by Habiyo: 6:15pm On May 07, 2020
Hmmmm, did I hear him referring to the churches as entertainments. May God have mercy on these bunch of fools.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by dimexy247(m): 6:15pm On May 07, 2020
Religion is a scam, most men of G(g)od are frauds

13 Likes

Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by gaby(m): 6:15pm On May 07, 2020
Mtcheew
Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by chicogentil(m): 6:16pm On May 07, 2020
These pastors don't care about the well-being of their members

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by Shelumiel: 6:18pm On May 07, 2020
These are just pathetic excuses for keeping churches closed. It is a shame to see unintelligent people coming on air to give illogical excuses for not doing the right thing.

11 Likes

Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by F00028: 6:19pm On May 07, 2020
Christian's are always telling me religion is a personal matter. now they are told personally worship at home and they are not happy. SMH undecided

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by Yuceeluv(f): 6:22pm On May 07, 2020
hmmm...A carnal mind can not understand the importance of being in His temple.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by 1x2kills: 6:28pm On May 07, 2020
tongue
Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by Amotolongbo(f): 6:28pm On May 07, 2020
Yuceeluv:
hmmm...A carnal mind can not understand the importance of being in His temple.
And how has your being in the temple made you better than the “carnal mind”, apart from the promise of heaven which you don’t know of its existence?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by Powerintoxicate: 6:30pm On May 07, 2020
Seems people don't still understand how dangerous this virus is. It's Jesus that will save this nation

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 07, 2020
We didn't open for Entertainment!

So the Church is now an Entertainment center!

May GOD Have Mercy on you PTF man ! If not you may just join them to other side with this Statement!

A Nation whose leaders have no place for GOD!

Anyway!We are all Here.... Let's be Looking

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by inedujac: 6:33pm On May 07, 2020
I don't know who to support here.
I pocket my opinion .

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by Mozino007(m): 6:33pm On May 07, 2020
Amotolongbo:
And how has your being in the temple made you better than the “carnal mind”, apart from the promise of heaven which you don’t know of its existence?
small small oga

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by Yuceeluv(f): 6:35pm On May 07, 2020
All these aggressive people today. Is it the lockdown or what? Be on your lane sister whilst am in mine. Did i quote you? Or did i shove my comment down your throat? Live and let live. I have dropped my dispensation. Drop yours and waka pass.

Amotolongbo:

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by HappyPagan: 6:36pm On May 07, 2020
Habiyo:
Hmmmm, did I hear him referring to the churches as entertainments. May God have mercy on these bunch of fools.
But you go there, dance, play music, sing, and the person you claim to do these things for is not even there. No one can see Him.
Of course, church is entertainment - the pastors are vexed they can no longer hold mic and perform.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by 9jatriot(m): 6:38pm On May 07, 2020
The big churches can survive, the small churches go hear am.

Now is the best time for church head quarters to be sending palliative to their small pastors in their smaller branches, after all those ones have been sending returns all these years.

9 Likes

Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 07, 2020
chicogentil:
These pastors don't care about the well-being of their members
Tithe tinz
Enu awon daddy G.O gbe

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 07, 2020
Pastor account is turning red. Time is hard

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by NairalandSon: 6:43pm On May 07, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
Pastor account is turning red. Time is hard

Hahahahaha

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by CodeTemplar: 6:43pm On May 07, 2020
reactionary govt
Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by collinsbaba(m): 6:47pm On May 07, 2020
But Baba Oyedepo shouldn't be comparing Church with Market nah, we need physical foods now, everyone can get spiritual foods if moved closer to God.

But I think it's still a market to some pastors......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by Inception(m): 6:54pm On May 07, 2020
Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by Higgies(m): 6:54pm On May 07, 2020
CoronaVirus is simply a scamdemic. Enough of the world distortions.
Will things ever return to normal again. I doubt it.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by Ubongdemaga: 6:58pm On May 07, 2020
Wait o, are mosques open?why dis our Christians d make noise anyhow. Them d do like say them the see God face. Instead of them praying 2 God 2 clear this pandemic so that they can go back 2 their normal business ,they r urging government to open the church.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: FG Replies Bishop Oyedepo & Oyakhilome On Opening Of Churches by LearnITsmash(m): 7:05pm On May 07, 2020
The best response I have heard from the Nigerian government, abeg shutdown these useless shrines called churches forever because they add no single value to our society grin

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reports From SURULERE About Abducting Protesters / With This Picture, Anyone Still Supporting Tinubu Is Heartless / LASU VC's Office Locked With Charms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.