Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Read The Story Of An Innocent 14 Years Boy Sentenced To Death By Electrocution - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Read The Story Of An Innocent 14 Years Boy Sentenced To Death By Electrocution (1170 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Sentenced To One Year Imprisonment For Raping 4 Boys In Sokoto / Port Harcourt Yahoo Boy Sentenced To 6 Months Imprisonment (Photo) / Married U.S Teacher Had Sex With 13-Year-Old Boy, Sentenced To 20 Years In Jail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read The Story Of An Innocent 14 Years Boy Sentenced To Death By Electrocution by Yahksbiz(m): 9:55pm On May 07, 2020
I wondered and i keep on wonering as in why such wickedness happens. This is one of the saddest story that has ever been recorded in history. It is an account of a young child that was wrongly persecuted due to racism and colourism in America at that time. Young George Stinney Jr. born October 21st, 1929 made it to history as the youngest person to be sentenced to death in the United States of America as he was just 14-years-old when he was executed in an electric chair for allegedly murder of two young girls.

In March 22, 1944, the young black boy was accused of killing 2 white girls, Mary Emma Thames,7 and Betty June Binnicker, 11 who were found dead in a ditch close to where the boy and his parent lived.

George was arrested along with his elder brother who was later released. The sheriff’s report had it that the young boy confessed to killing the girls and even showed them the weapon but this was later known to be a lie and there was no actual witness and he was cunning deceived as a child through food to say what he didn’t do.

As at the time of the alleged crime, all members of the jury were white people and the trial of such big crime lasted just two hours and judgement was passed ten minutes later although he later stayed in prison for eighty-one days before he was finally executed. He was convicted of first degree murder and sentenced to death by electric chair.

It was recorded that George jr went through his trials alone and his parent were not allowed to see him. He was sent to adult prison where inmates confirm that he was always saying, “I did not kill those girls, so why are they trying to kill me.” He always held a bible to claim his innocence but I guess he just had to die for a crime he did not commit.

On the day of his execution June 16, 1944, he was held in solitary 80 miles from his city, he was alone, scared and in tears. A 2,400 V surge of electricity was shot through George Jr. body and he was dead with 4 minutes. Burnt beyond recognition, his family only got to see him at his funeral.

70 years later, George Stinney Jr. case was reopened, he was exonerated and cleared of all crime but it was too late to turn back the hand of time. His innocence was proven by a Judge in South Carolina.

Books were written to share the story of the little boy also a movie, 83 Days, was made.

MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE.

Re: Read The Story Of An Innocent 14 Years Boy Sentenced To Death By Electrocution by Validfacts: 9:56pm On May 07, 2020
Re: Read The Story Of An Innocent 14 Years Boy Sentenced To Death By Electrocution by longetivity(m): 10:19pm On May 07, 2020
white americans are oloshi cum oloriburuku including their silly presido

1 Like

Re: Read The Story Of An Innocent 14 Years Boy Sentenced To Death By Electrocution by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 07, 2020
Medddd
Re: Read The Story Of An Innocent 14 Years Boy Sentenced To Death By Electrocution by willyo(m): 12:44pm On May 08, 2020
What a way to die. Especially when innocent.

1 Like

Re: Read The Story Of An Innocent 14 Years Boy Sentenced To Death By Electrocution by gasparpisciotta: 5:29pm On May 08, 2020
Touching! Racial profiling and criminal injustice towards innocent young black men was rife in the early days in America.
Re: Read The Story Of An Innocent 14 Years Boy Sentenced To Death By Electrocution by icebird25(m): 7:06am On May 09, 2020
Now you see the reason why I keep backing the Yahoo boys..

If you like complain about them tarnishing the image of Nigeria ... even the white man country isn't perfect ..we are using the only weapon we have to fight back.

Anybody that will quote me ehnn

(1) (Reply)

A Young Boy Gruesomely Beaten By Step Father(disturbing Pictures) / FMC Umuahia Chief Medical Officer Reported Dead (Photos) / Yahoo Reduced Cultism In University Campuses — Man Sparks Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.