Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,498 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Becoming A Data Scientist - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Becoming A Data Scientist (1003 Views)

Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Becoming A Data Scientist by thinkdip(m): 11:10pm On May 07, 2020
Hi great people.

Planning on career switch to become a Data scientist. I want to ask what's the best programing language to be familiar with as a data scientist.

Which one in particular is needed and important, I don't just want to dabble into R or Phython, need someone who has tried and know which is preferable.

Thamks
Re: Becoming A Data Scientist by GideonG(m): 11:41pm On May 07, 2020
thinkdip:
Hi great people.

Planning on career switch to become a Data scientist. I want to ask what's the best programing language to be familiar with as a data scientist.

Which one in particular is needed and important, I don't just want to dabble into R or Phython, need someone who has tried and know which is preferable.

Thamks

LEARN PYTHON STRAIGHT UP!
Re: Becoming A Data Scientist by thinkdip(m): 10:42am On May 08, 2020
GideonG:

LEARN PYTHON STRAIGHT UP!

Thanks bro.

Where do you think I do some tutorials for python. Need a site that deals with easy learning
Re: Becoming A Data Scientist by kensmoney(m): 10:32pm On May 08, 2020
Look for book titled " automating the boring stuff with python" and search for the video on UDEMY it free, download it and get started
Re: Becoming A Data Scientist by Eniolakiite(f): 1:00am On May 09, 2020
Python and learn python for data science and analysis cause python can be used for many things.

After that learn R and SQL well

thinkdip:
Hi great people.

Thamks
Re: Becoming A Data Scientist by GideonG(m): 8:00pm On May 09, 2020
thinkdip:

Thanks bro.

Where do you think I do some tutorials for python. Need a site that deals with easy learning

Send me a PM today to add you to my remote coaching and Mentoring program to learn
Data Analysis
Data Science
Python Programming
Machine Learning
Artificial Intelligence and
Web App Development

JOIN OUR MENTORSHIP TODAY BY ACQUIRING VALUABLE SKILLS LIKE THE LIST ABOVE...
Re: Becoming A Data Scientist by blockgeek69(m): 12:14pm On May 10, 2020
Eniolakiite:
Python and learn python for data science and analysis cause python can be used for many things.

Once he is good in Python, I see no reason learning R.

Let him keep it in this progression:
1. Learn Excel
2. Tableau or power BI
3. Learn Python
4. Learn SQL

You will be set

1 Like

Re: Becoming A Data Scientist by Sososo(f): 4:58pm On May 10, 2020
Can someone learn with android?
Re: Becoming A Data Scientist by Daejoyoung: 5:57pm On May 10, 2020
Sososo:
can this be learnt with andriod phone?
Yes but you can't practice properly with just a phone.
Re: Becoming A Data Scientist by Sososo(f): 5:59pm On May 10, 2020
Daejoyoung:

Yes but you can't practice properly with just a phone.
ok thanks
Re: Becoming A Data Scientist by Daejoyoung: 6:01pm On May 10, 2020
thinkdip:
Hi great people.

Thamks
Data science is more than just learning a language my man, you have to be interested in data and how to tell stories from data or search for such stories. What you need first is basic knowledge of statistics, how to interpret plots, and then how to program in SQL.
Finally you go for Python/R and then tableau.

1 Like

Re: Becoming A Data Scientist by Raalsalghul: 6:23pm On May 10, 2020
Eniolakiite:

Why do I feel this data science stuff is a bubble that'll soon burst.

Seems everyone is going into it these days but the available roles are very few.

Anyways, me too I'm somewhat interested in it.

(1) (Reply)

Oracle And Programming / I Need Help From ASP.NET Gurus Urgently / Call To Make A Game With Unity3d And C#

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.