Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. (6522 Views)

Man Stabbed To Death During Argument With Loan Shark Operators In Ogun / My Experience With Loan Shark App (lcash) / Beware: This Is How Thieves Use Car Jack To Break Into People's Houses (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by Crystasluvee(m): 12:11am On May 08, 2020
This is a lesson a friend learnt the had way yesterday.

He apparently took a loan during this lockdown as emergency fund with dah hope of settling his obligation come ending when he picks up his month end salary.

He took loan from one 9ja Cash ( Soko Loan Company). Guess how much he took? #5000 for 2weeks and was expected to pay back #8000. I was alarmed when he showed my the interest rate. #3000 on top #5000

Now here is the twist. He stays and works in lag. The loan was due and he was stranded in Ogun Prior till lock down. Remember Ogun lockdown was extended by a week more. They called my guy for repayment and he request for a week extention so he could pay when work resumes following Monday. The loan ppl said not possible that he needs to find money and pay. They won't bulged come what may.

After 4days of late repayment they posts this to all his contacts.

An existing loan defaulter by name ............with 0803................ is on the run with the company money, the public is therefore advise to be aware of him as he is dubious. He will be apprehended and dealt with soon. 9JA CASH

I was stunned when I got a text as a contact on his phone. Called him immediately. I even thought he did some fraudulent transaction running into millions. Alas! I was mortified when he mentioned what he owed was a mere #8000 and the loan shark felt the best recovery practice was to tarnish his name.

I was even more angry with him why he didn't explore me as a friend if he needed financial bail out. He expressed he saw the app on Playstore and needed to connect his mum's cable subscription that expired two weeks before.

Sent him the credit immediately for him to repay his obligation and gave him a piece of my mind.

As I was blaming my friend today for his actions. I sure hope the CBN is also paying attention to all this unregulated financial outlets especially on the google playstore. Trapping ppl with loan of lower principal and higher interest rate.

My advise to everyone, explore your inner cliques when the need for cash is imminent. LOAN SHARKS like SOKO LOAN and others won't think it twice to ruin your personality for peanuts.

Think twice before taking loan from unregulated sources. You just might be like my friend, who pay back more thank just money.

Thank you.

9 Likes

Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by emilomona(m): 12:22am On May 08, 2020
They must be mad! Greedy pple everywhere loan of 2wks with over 50% interest, what re they turning this country into all in the name of economic depression.

8 Likes

Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by emilomona(m): 12:23am On May 08, 2020
They must be sick!
Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by wandetooblack: 12:35am On May 08, 2020
Got a loan from MIGO a week before the lock down thinking I would definitely got money to pay back before the expire date (14 days) then the lock down happened..

Bros I paid 1150# interest on top 2500# loan plus additional 650# for late payment = 4300#

There would be 650# added interest weekly if I failed to pay when due... I was lucky to pay back the debt with one nairalnad giveaway. My balls almost explode each time they sent me reminder text...

2 Likes

Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by betonnaira: 6:18am On May 08, 2020
quick question wat happens if d loan is not paid back

6 Likes

Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by Skmoda360(m): 6:28am On May 08, 2020
betonnaira:
They will mess up your reputation now.....
Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by Crystasluvee(m): 7:39am On May 08, 2020
emilomona:
They must be mad! Greedy pple everywhere loan of 2wks with over 50% interest, what re they turning this country into all in the name of economic depression.

One just need to be real careful of this online credit platforms. Most offers peanut irrespective of your imcome but with cut neck interest rates
Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by Crystasluvee(m): 7:43am On May 08, 2020
betonnaira:

You will have everyone on your contact receiving a message like this.

An existing loan defaulter by name ............... with 0802.......................... is on the run with the company money, the public is therefore advise to be aware of him as he is dubious. He will be apprehended and dealt with soon. 9JA CASH[i][/i]

That will ruin you for life. Most them a branchless and faceless.
Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by Crystasluvee(m): 7:43am On May 08, 2020
[quote author=Skmoda360 post=89309126]
They will mess up your reputation now.....[/quote

Exactly]
Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by oteneaaron(m): 8:31am On May 08, 2020
OP is on point.

If you have HBP, these loan sharks can kill you with their text messages.

I've had a bad experience too.

Stay away from these loan apps on the Playstore.

4 Likes

Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by betonnaira: 9:18am On May 08, 2020
Skmoda360:

They will mess up your reputation now.....
just dat so no physical confrontation
Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by betonnaira: 9:18am On May 08, 2020
Crystasluvee:

You will have everyone on your contact receiving a message like this.

An existing loan defaulter by name ............... with 0802.......................... is on the run with the company money, the public is therefore advise to be aware of him as he is dubious. He will be apprehended and dealt with soon. 9JA CASH[i][/i]

That will ruin you for life. Most them a branchless and faceless.
just dat so no physical confrontation
Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by Ibechris2: 9:46am On May 08, 2020
Nigerians are funny...these people didn't force u to take their loans and i am so sure that we all know that default has its implications.

Why take loans when u know paying would be an issue? It is high time we tell ourselves the truth.

I don't see any wrong in the way they acted,after all,u agreed to be binded by the agreement.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by Crystasluvee(m): 3:32pm On May 09, 2020
Nice thought lines. In as much as I lean towards your school of thought, I still won't but reason if truly slandering someonez name due to unavaoidable repayment is the best way to go by said company. Covid19 has taken its effects on many business. Most financial institution are introducing moratorium which could extend to more than 6 weeks as means to help clients cushion the adverse effects of this pandemic. That for me Is way to go. Its just that most of us in this part of the world do not have indepth info of our right. Privacy of client data is not to be shared with third parties irrespective of the stance the loan exhibits.

2 Likes

Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by ecolime(m): 4:32pm On May 09, 2020
What happens if all their customers take loans and default because of Covid-19? Won't the companies fold up and sack their employees?

You should also know that these loans given to you are also deposits/investments of other people.

Do you want them to tell their depositors stories when it's time to repay them? Will you accept such stories if you happen to be one? This is business dude.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by Afolabimills(m): 6:17pm On May 09, 2020
Crystasluvee:

He apparently took a loan during this lockdown as emergency fund with dah hope of settling his obligation come ending when he picks up his month end salary.

He took loan from one 9ja Cash ( Soko Loan Company). Guess how much he took? #5000 for 2weeks and was expected to pay back #8000. I was alarmed when he showed my the interest rate. #3000 on top #5000

Now here is the twist. He stays and works in lag. The loan was due and he was stranded in Ogun Prior till lock down. Remember Ogun lockdown was extended by a week more. They called my guy for repayment and he request for a week extention so he could pay when work resumes following Monday. The loan ppl said not possible that he needs to find money and pay. They won't bulged come what may.

An existing loan defaulter by name ............with 0803................ is on the run with the company money, the public is therefore advise to be aware of him as he is dubious. He will be apprehended and dealt with soon. 9JA CASH

I was stunned when I got a text as a contact on his phone. Called him immediately. I even thought he did some fraudulent transaction running into millions. Alas! I was mortified when he mentioned what he owed was a mere #8000 and the loan shark felt the best recovery practice was to tarnish his name.

I was even more angry with him why he didn't explore me as a friend if he needed financial bail out. He expressed he saw the app on Playstore and needed to connect his mum's cable subscription that expired two weeks before.

Sent him the credit immediately for him to repay his obligation and gave him a piece of my mind.

As I was blaming my friend today for his actions. I sure hope the CBN is also paying attention to all this unregulated financial outlets especially on the google playstore. Trapping ppl with loan of lower principal and higher interest rate.

My advise to everyone, explore your inner cliques when the need for cash is imminent. LOAN SHARKS like SOKO LOAN and others won't think it twice to ruin your personality for peanuts.

Think twice before taking loan from unregulated sources. You just might be like my friend, who pay back more thank just money.

Thank you.

thanks for this topic op God bless u am actually in the same predicament as I speak with u they deduct my own from d bank account
Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by Afolabimills(m): 6:19pm On May 09, 2020
Ibechris2:
Nigerians are funny...these people didn't force u to take their loans and i am so sure that we all know that default has its implications.

Why take loans when u know paying would be an issue? It is high time we tell ourselves the truth.

I don't see any wrong in the way they acted,after all,u agreed to be binded by the agreement.
wetin dis one dey talk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 09, 2020
Crystasluvee:

Thank you.

HIRE A LAWYER IMMEDIATELY
Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by koolaid87: 12:11am On May 10, 2020
cool

1 Like

Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by Crystasluvee(m): 10:25am On May 10, 2020
ecolime:
What happens if all their customers take loans and default because of Covid-19? Won't the companies fold up and sack their employees?

You should also know that these loans given to you are also deposits/investments of other people.

Do you want them to tell their depositors stories when it's time to repay them? Will you accept such stories if you happen to be one? This is business dude.

Yes! Essence of every business venture is to make appreciable return on investment but done within the confines and decorum of the law. We are nothing but animals and savagery beast without law n order. Transparency and privacy of client data is key to client's protection which all financial institutions has promised to uphold.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by Crystasluvee(m): 10:28am On May 10, 2020
Afolabimills:
thanks for this topic op God bless u am actually in the same predicament as I speak with u they deduct my own from d bank account

This are issues bothering live of active poor and average income earners. This unregulated financial institutions are using as the two edged sword to ruin lives in this country.

1 Like

Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by Crystasluvee(m): 10:32am On May 10, 2020
Afolabimills:
wetin dis one dey talk

Am surprised too. But won't blame him for his naivety. Youths like him are the reason we have laggerheads as leaders saddled with mantle of making espected changes in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by Ibechris2: 11:59am On May 10, 2020
Afolabimills:
wetin dis one dey talk

I am saying that agreement should be respected.

The rich get richer because they respect agreement and that is why banks go after them to give them more money for business,while the poor gets poorer because they disregard agreement and do not honour it,hence the reason why loans becomes a burden to them.

Next time,don't take loan if u will not pay as at when due.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by logic102(m): 2:55pm On May 10, 2020
I borrowed one like that for school this year,. It is fair money...I borrowed 8k because the hunger was real, it was for two weeks after the week elapsed...
Come see trouble, they called my parent and almost all my contacts....
Las Las I paid 18k Sha.....
Life is tough

4 Likes

Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by Justarandomguy: 1:47pm On May 11, 2020
Crystasluvee:

Thank you.

bro sokoloan are mudafukas. If u check on playstore u will see the reviews. They're are disrespectful scammers and need to be taken Down. In fact fuxk their CEO and everyone there.
Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by Crystasluvee(m): 6:21pm On May 11, 2020
Justarandomguy:
bro sokoloan are mudafukas. If u check on playstore u will see the reviews. They're are disrespectful scammers and need to be taken Down. In fact fuxk their CEO and everyone there.

This trash needs to be blacklisted.. whats is wrong is wrong
Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by Crystasluvee(m): 6:22pm On May 11, 2020
Justarandomguy:

They are real.trash
Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by Crystasluvee(m): 6:02pm On May 15, 2020
logic102:
I borrowed one like that for school this year,. It is fair money...I borrowed 8k because the hunger was real, it was for two weeks after the week elapsed...
Come see trouble, they called my parent and almost all my contacts....
Las Las I paid 18k Sha.....
Life is tough

Jeez! This peeps are on the roll.
Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by WaffenSS(m): 6:06pm On May 15, 2020
wandetooblack:
Got a loan from MIGO a week before the lock down thinking I would definitely got money to pay back before the expire date (14 days) then the lock down happened..

Bros I paid 1150# interest on top 2500# loan plus additional 650# for late payment = 4300#

There would be 650# added interest weekly if I failed to pay when due... I was lucky to pay back the debt with one nairalnad giveaway. My balls almost explode each time they sent me reminder text...

I heard those guys are the worst in terms of interest and nagging for repayment.
Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by Xisnin(m): 6:19pm On May 15, 2020
Crystasluvee:

He took a loan for a vain liability.
SMH

2 Likes

Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by Shellsploit: 6:24pm On May 15, 2020
Useless apps
That was how one was texting me everyday that i will be reported to EFCC and that all my family members will be notified that i am a fraud...

Las las local man just ignored till date!

4 Likes

Re: Beware! This Is Loan Shark Season. by 6876hiibd: 10:03pm On Aug 28, 2020
Afolabimills:
How did they do it

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Young Girls Kidnapped In Church (Owerri) / This Fine Igede Girl Was Murdered And Her Private Parts Were Removed In Ogun / Countering Boko Haram: How Borno Gov. Shettima Solely Funds 20,000 CJTF Fighters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.