Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody (23825 Views)

Speaker Frank Okiye: Hope Uzodinma Wants To Forcefully Take Over Edo Assembly / Edo Speaker, Frank Okiye Dumps APC For PDP / Frank Okiye Tests Positive To Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by EsomahJD: 4:27am On May 08, 2020
EDO State House of Assembly Speaker Frank Okiye on Thursday spoke about his recovery from Coronavirus (COVID-19) after 21 days in isolation without infecting anyone with the deadly virus.

Okiye, who addressed reporters in Benin, the state capital, said all he did to prevent infesting his aides, family members and friends with the virus was strict adherence to government guidelines, especially those on social distancing, compulsory use of face masks, among others.

The Speaker, who is the index COVID-19 case in Edo State, is among the 10 patients who have fully recovered and discharged after testing negative twice for the virus and treated with support from the state government.

Narrating his ordeal, he said: “I came into the country from London through the international airport, via the local airport, and down to Benin Airport with my aides and moved to my house. I was in self-isolation for about three weeks and none of my aides, family members or friends was infested.

“That was made possible because we insisted on adherence to all precautionary measures, including social distancing, regular hygiene, and sanitising of the environment. I ensured that if you had anything to do with me, you must wear a face mask.

“I was an index case and didn’t infest anybody. I am certain that if we had 10 people like that, the thing wouldn’t have spread as we have it today.”

“I want to appeal to you my brothers and sisters to be part of this screening and testing in various centres across the state as it will help to curtail the spread of this deadly virus.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/how-i-recovered-without-infecting-anybody-by-edo-speaker/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by willyo(m): 4:30am On May 08, 2020
.Don't be too quick to assume until total and delicate repeated tests has been conducted.

1 Like

Re: Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by metch1(m): 4:32am On May 08, 2020
Thank God for you but let me ask, Is it true that people were dancing and having sex in isolation abi quarantine centre? Just want to know sir

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by money121(m): 5:19am On May 08, 2020
Thank God for life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by Peak11(m): 5:21am On May 08, 2020
Toluabigr8:

BEWARE of this SCAMMER!!

Point of correction: it's not a scam rather it is 100% legit. Do have a nice day

1 Like

Re: Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by jidamsel43(m): 5:25am On May 08, 2020
Thank God that Chloroquine , Vitamin C, and black seed worked for you.

8 Likes

Re: Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by PrincessB1(f): 5:46am On May 08, 2020
Congrats

1 Like

Re: Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by enemyofprogress: 5:58am On May 08, 2020
Rubbish! You just wan thread
Re: Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by Sweetcollins: 5:58am On May 08, 2020
Kudos
Even your wife no get am
Abi u get autodetector ni
Re: Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by wilemer: 5:59am On May 08, 2020
EsmahJD:
DO State House of Assembly Speaker Frank Okiye on Thursday spoke about his recovery from Coronavirus (COVID-19) after 21 days in isolation without infecting anyone with the deadly virus.

Okiye, who addressed reporters in Benin, the state capital, said all he did to prevent infesting his aides, family members and friends with the virus

Good one
Re: Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by KINGwax007(m): 5:59am On May 08, 2020
metch1:
Thank God for you but let me ask, Is it true that people were dancing and having sex in isolation abi quarantine centre? Just want to know sir
we will have to send you there for primary information

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by Peterobi90: 5:59am On May 08, 2020
“That was made possible because we insisted on adherence to all precautionary measures, including social distancing, regular hygiene, and sanitising of the environment. I ensured that if you had anything to do with me, you must wear a face mask.

The difference:
- Paid salaries no matter the duration of isolation
- Free unlimited facemask for precaution
- Well built home for social distancing
- Sanitized environment for better hygiene

The poor average Nigerian man:
- Massive retrenchment and business closure
- 90m living under $1 (facemask is luxury)
- No palliative to social distance (stay home)
- The Govt could not even manage dis-infection.

Since you have been a victim, have you worked towards pushing Bill's that would assist the populace in surviving the ailment aswell.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by hemucology(m): 6:00am On May 08, 2020
Next please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by zeusdgrt(m): 6:03am On May 08, 2020
U do well
Re: Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by dominique(f): 6:03am On May 08, 2020
How did he know he didn't infect anybody? We're all his contacts tested?

1 Like 6 Shares

Re: Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by zeusdgrt(m): 6:04am On May 08, 2020
Peak11:

Point of correction: it's not a scam rather it is 100% legit. Do have a nice day
U go gree before say na scam grin

7 Likes

Re: Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by WalkerMichael(m): 6:05am On May 08, 2020
Peak11:

Mofo

2 Likes

Re: Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by cassidy1996(m): 6:07am On May 08, 2020
“I came into the country from London through the international airport, weytin you find go london, na there you dey work. what business does london have with edo state

7 Likes

Re: Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by Isoduwa(m): 6:09am On May 08, 2020
Go do weytin for London?

1 Like

Re: Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by cassidy1996(m): 6:13am On May 08, 2020
Isoduwa:
Go do weytin for London?
nothing than to waste our money

1 Like

Re: Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by Nobody: 6:16am On May 08, 2020
U nor tell us the agbo wey u drink

1 Like

Re: Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:16am On May 08, 2020
metch1:
you are allowed to go and confirm

1 Like

Re: Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by baillers123: 6:17am On May 08, 2020
Twalle sir. I dont believe politician thought.. Even their good morning sef na lie. But if na true u talk ooo, then God will reward u abundantly.

1 Share

Re: Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by Rayfield: 6:23am On May 08, 2020
Politics aside, it seems we still have few leaders who "THINK" before "ACTING". Few who DO by example. I might be wrong though.
Re: Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by GreatestHeight(m): 6:26am On May 08, 2020
WalkerMichael:

Mofo
Be civil. No spoil another man hussle.
Re: Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by Adonispco: 6:31am On May 08, 2020
Thank God you defeated the malaria.

2 Likes

Re: Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by Jabioro: 6:32am On May 08, 2020
He had not said anything,he just keep on talking without saying something.We all had the precautions,What medication did you take? Let here you

1 Like

Re: Frank Okiye: How I Recovered From COVID-19 Without Infecting Anybody by Roon9(m): 6:35am On May 08, 2020
Nice!

Call for a decent solar plan for your home and businesses comprising a 1kva luminous inverter, 200AH battery and 4*150W solar module for up to 18hrs uninterrupted power supply daily. All for just #315,000

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mohammed Wushishi Is Dead (Former Chief Of Army Staff Dies At 81)! / Ayo Fayose 55th Birthday Thanksgiving Service In Ekiti (Photos) / Osinbajo Presides Over FEC Meeting After His Visit To President Buhari (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.