Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,623 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Listening To Music In Ramadan - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Listening To Music In Ramadan (8042 Views)

Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? / Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan / Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by busar(m): 12:02pm On May 08, 2020
The jews and the christians will never be pleased with you until you follow their way...... Allah indeed said the truth...

3 Likes

Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by GrandMufti: 12:07pm On May 08, 2020
Functionoftime:

Are you a Muslim?

Chrislim or mustian
Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by Abu4real64: 12:29pm On May 08, 2020
Jazakumul laahu khiran.
Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by Jeetkool(m): 1:06pm On May 08, 2020
Lukgaf:
Praise be to Allaah.

Listening to music is haraam, whether in Ramadaan or at other times, but it is more forbidden in Ramadaan, and is a greater sin, because fasting does not only mean refraining from eating and drinking, rather it means attaining piety or fear of Allaah, and it means that all the physical faculties should refrain from disobeying Allaah.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Observing As-Sawm (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqoon (the pious)”

[al-Baqarah 2:183]

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Fasting does not just mean (abstaining) from eating and drinking, rather fasting means (abstaining) from idle and obscene talk…”

Narrated by al-Haakim who said: This hadeeth is saheeh according to the conditions of Muslim.

The saheeh Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) clearly indicates that listening to musical instruments is haraam.

Al-Bukhaari narrated in a mu’allaq report that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There will be among my ummah people who regard adultery, silk, pork and musical instruments as permissible…” Al-Tabaraani and al-Bayhaqi said that this was a mawsool report.

This hadeeth indicates that musical instruments are haraam in two ways:

1 – The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “[they] will regard… as permissible.” This clearly indicates that the things mentioned are haraam, but those people will regard them as permissible.

2 – Musical instruments are mentioned in conjunction with things that are definitely haraam, namely adultery (zina) and alcohol. If it were not haraam it would not have been mentioned alongside them.

See al-Silsilah al-Saheehah by al-Albaani , hadeeth no. 91.

The believer should make the most of this blessed month and turn to his Lord. He should repent to Allaah and give up haraam things that he was in the habit of doing before Ramadaan, so that Allaah might accept his fast and set his affairs straight.

And Allaah knows best.

Source: https://islamqa.info/en/answers/12647/listening-to-music-in-ramadaan

Toor
This is a wide topic
U did not mention in the Quran were Allah forbid music And were the prophet as forbidden music in general.
Quran is Book that tell us what is harram and the prophet explains it.
Please more evidence on that
Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by airmark(m): 1:17pm On May 08, 2020
Dmail:

Same reason why adultery is prohibited in the Bible yet some Christians are fully indulged in it. One time I heard a prostitute in a motel shouting Jesus Jesus yet she is in the worst place doing the most absurd job someone should indulge in.

How did you know she was a prostitute and not with her husband?
Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by TheCrusader: 1:28pm On May 08, 2020
Gidah:
We should be mindful things are different from the days of prophet, you can hardly abide by this now cos you tune on your TV almost everywhere there's music what can someone do, I feel this can hardly work in our current world just saying
You are wiser than Allah?
Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by TheCrusader: 1:30pm On May 08, 2020
Dmail:

Same reason why adultery is prohibited in the Bible yet some Christians are fully indulged in it. One time I heard a prostitute in a motel shouting Jesus Jesus yet she is in the worst place doing the most absurd job someone should indulge in.
At least they hide to commit the adultery because they know it is a sin in the Bible.

But why do Muslims listen to music and sing openly without regard for the Koran. Some are even musicians! Don't they know it is a serious sin
Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by TheCrusader: 1:35pm On May 08, 2020
ijebuloaded:
But.. Into Entertainment Biz.. Being a music promoter, show promoter, Artist PR...

Does this means i should not work for the whole 30Days and Beyond..

Does this means i should stop my way of income because "Music is Haram" ?

Am so confused right now.. Even during this Ramadan.. some artiste still send me song to promote.. and as a PR.. i still need to sample the songs.. listen to it about 3-4 times to be able to get some review outta it...

Is Music A Sin?
Should i stop my JOB

As a Muslim, there are some jobs you cannot be involved in. You cannot serve the world and Allah at the same time, you choose.

Do what is right, Quit your Job.
Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by Lukgaf(m): 2:47pm On May 08, 2020
Aremynart:

Assalamualaikum..... I have questions

I read one hadeeth in mukhtarul hadeeth where prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) said: 'A'alinuu hāza nnikah, waj a luhu fil masājid, waddribuu bi ddufuf' I can't really say the number of the Hadith because it's been long I read it and I didn't have one with me here.
Now my question is with that *ddufuf* can one beat it without music? Or is the Hadith not sohih?
And what about those arabic music?

Wa Alaekum Salam Waramotulah wabarakatuh.

there are some ahaadeeth which indicate that it is permissible to beat the daff in some circumstances, which are:

Eid, weddings, and when one who has been away returns.

The evidence is given below.

1 – It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah that Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) entered upon her and there were two girls with her during the days of Mina beating the daff, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was covering himself with his garment. Abu Bakr rebuked them, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) uncovered his face and said, “Leave them alone, O Abu Bakr, for these are the days of Eid.” That was during the days of Mina.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 944; Muslim, 892

2 – It was narrated that al-Rubayyi’ bint Mu’awwidh ibn ‘Afra’ said: “After the consummation of my marriage, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came and sat on my bed as far from me as you are sitting now, and our little girls started beating the daff and reciting verses mourning my father, who had been killed in the battle of Badr. One of them said, ‘Among us is a Prophet who knows what will happen tomorrow.’ On that the Prophet said, ‘Omit this (saying) and keep on saying the verses which you had been saying before.’”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4852).

3 – It was narrated that Buraydah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went out on one of his military campaigns, and when he came back, a black slave woman came and said, “O Messenger of Allaah, I vowed that if Allaah brought you back safe and sound, I would beat the daff before you and sing. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “If you vowed that, then do it, otherwise do not do it.’” So she started to beat the daff, and Abu Bakr came in whilst she was doing so. Then ‘Ali came in whilst she was beating the daff, then ‘Uthmaan came in whilst she was beating the daff, then ‘Umar came in and she threw the daff beneath her and sat on it. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “The Shaytaan is afraid of you, O ‘Umar. I was sitting and she was beating the daff, then Abu Bakr came in when she was beating the daff; then ‘Ali came in when she was beating the daff; then ‘Uthmaan came in when she was beating the daff, but when you came in, O ‘Umar, she put the daff down.”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 3690; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 2913.

These ahaadeeth indicate that it is permissible to beat the daff in these three situations. Apart from that, the principle remains that it is haraam. Some scholars made the matter broader and said that it is permissible to beat the daff when a child is born and when he is circumcised; others take the matter further and say that it is permissible on all occasions that are a cause for expressing joy, such as the recovery of a sick person and the like.

See al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah, 38/169

But it is better to limit ourselves to what was narrated in the text. And Allaah knows best.

Secondly:

The correct view is that it is not permissible to beat the daff except for women. If a man does that, he is imitating women, which is a major sin.

Shaykh al-Islam (Ibn Taymiyah – may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

In general, it is a well known principle of the Islamic religion that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not prescribe that the righteous men, devoted worshippers and ascetics of this ummah should gather to listen to verses of poetry chanted to the accompaniment of handclapping, rhythm sticks or daffs. It is not permissible for anyone to go beyond the limits of Islam and follow something other than that which was narrated in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, whether that has to do with inward matters or outward, whether for the common man or the elite. But the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) granted a concession for some kinds of entertainment on the occasion of weddings and the like, and he also granted a concession to women allowing them to beat the daff at weddings and on other joyous occasions. But with regard to the men of his time, none of them used to beat the daff or clap his hands, rather it was proven in al-Saheeh that he said, ‘Clapping is for women, and Tasbeeh is for men,’ and he cursed women who imitate men and men who imitate women.

Because singing, beating the daff and clapping the hands are actions of women, the salaf used to call a man who did that mukhannath (effeminate), and they used to call male singers makhaaneeth (pl. of mukhannath). This is well known.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 11/565, 566

Ibn Hajar said:

The strong (qawiy) ahaadeeth indicate that this is permissible for women, but that does not include men, because of the general meaning of the prohibition on men imitating women.

Fath al-Baari, 9/226

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Rather the concession allowing women to use the daff is for them only. With regard to men, it is not permissible for them to do any of that, whether on weddings or on other occasions. Rather Allaah has prescribed for men to train in the instruments of war and skills needed for battle, such as shooting and horse riding, and competing in that.

Majallat al-Jaami’ah al-Islamiyyah (Magazine of the Islamic University in al-Madeenah al-Munawwarah), 3rd edition, 2nd year, Muharram, 1390 AH, p. 185, 186

And he also said:

With regard to weddings, it is prescribed to beat the daff and sing regular songs which do not call for or praise anything that is haraam. This is to be done at night, by women only, to announce the wedding and to emphasize the difference between this legitimate marriage and zina (adultery) which is done in secret, as was narrated in the saheeh Sunnah from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Al-Tabarruj wa Khataruhu (Wanton display and its dangers)

And Allaah knows best.
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/20406/when-is-it-permissible-to-beat-the-daff

1 Like

Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by Gidah: 3:39pm On May 08, 2020
TheCrusader:

You are wiser than Allah?
is this a question or just showing the world your ignorance, mind you I'm a Muslim but I won't listen to one alfa telling me if I hear music my fasting is not complete, becos he ain't my GOD MY ALLAH IS MERCIFUL.
Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by mjabdulk: 4:43pm On May 08, 2020
is this a question or just showing the world your ignorance, mind you I'm a Muslim but I won't listen to one alfa telling me if I hear music my fasting is not complete, becos he ain't my GOD MY ALLAH IS MERCIFUL. [/quote]

So also Allaah is severe in retribution / penalty.

1 Like

Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by akure1stson: 5:05pm On May 08, 2020
totowunmido:
Na wa for islam o

the day I give up on this people, is the day a Muslim guy was on a live tv show, and he said Cartoon is a sin, that Allah says cartoon is an harram, the presenter that happen to b a muslim now asked him y is it a sin, The man now replied that cartoon are like pictures that peolpe can b worshipping it. I was like what rubbish is this, u mean some people can b worshipping Tom and Jerry? even the presenter reacted someone but he has no option to accept, cos in islam u dont argue just do as u are asked, once dey say Mohameed said so..
Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by Functionoftime(m): 8:28pm On May 08, 2020
GrandMufti:

Chrislim or mustian
Oh.. That note 4 is misbehaving again.
Get a better phone soon
Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by GrandMufti: 8:34pm On May 08, 2020
Functionoftime:

Oh.. That note 4 is misbehaving again.
Get a better phone soon

alright
Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by totowunmido: 8:45pm On May 08, 2020
akure1stson:

the day I give up on this people, is the day a Muslim guy was on a live tv show, and he said Cartoon is a sin, that Allah says cartoon is an harram, the presenter that happen to b a muslim now asked him y is it a sin, The man now replied that cartoon are like pictures that peolpe can b worshipping it. I was like what rubbish is this, u mean some people can b worshipping Tom and Jerry? even the presenter reacted someone but he has no option to accept, cos in islam u dont argue just do as u are asked, once dey say Mohameed said so..
they are the major reason the world is upside down

1 Like

Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by Functionoftime(m): 9:01pm On May 08, 2020
GrandMufti:

alright
Baba, na joke I dey oo
Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 08, 2020
akure1stson:

The problem nowadays is some Muslims trying to act holier than thou. I had an Islamic teacher once. One time he fell seriously ill and refused to take medicine. According to him, it was destiny. So if Allah wanted him to live, he would recover without medicine. That was the day I realized being an adult doesn't mean you have sense. I was 13 then.
Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by Aremynart: 9:52pm On May 08, 2020
Lukgaf:

Wa Alaekum Salam Waramotulah wabarakatuh.

there are some ahaadeeth which indicate that it is permissible to beat the daff in some circumstances, which are:

Eid, weddings, and when one who has been away returns.

The evidence is given below.

1 – It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah that Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) entered upon her and there were two girls with her during the days of Mina beating the daff, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was covering himself with his garment. Abu Bakr rebuked them, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) uncovered his face and said, “Leave them alone, O Abu Bakr, for these are the days of Eid.” That was during the days of Mina.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 944; Muslim, 892

2 – It was narrated that al-Rubayyi’ bint Mu’awwidh ibn ‘Afra’ said: “After the consummation of my marriage, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came and sat on my bed as far from me as you are sitting now, and our little girls started beating the daff and reciting verses mourning my father, who had been killed in the battle of Badr. One of them said, ‘Among us is a Prophet who knows what will happen tomorrow.’ On that the Prophet said, ‘Omit this (saying) and keep on saying the verses which you had been saying before.’”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4852).

3 – It was narrated that Buraydah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went out on one of his military campaigns, and when he came back, a black slave woman came and said, “O Messenger of Allaah, I vowed that if Allaah brought you back safe and sound, I would beat the daff before you and sing. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “If you vowed that, then do it, otherwise do not do it.’” So she started to beat the daff, and Abu Bakr came in whilst she was doing so. Then ‘Ali came in whilst she was beating the daff, then ‘Uthmaan came in whilst she was beating the daff, then ‘Umar came in and she threw the daff beneath her and sat on it. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “The Shaytaan is afraid of you, O ‘Umar. I was sitting and she was beating the daff, then Abu Bakr came in when she was beating the daff; then ‘Ali came in when she was beating the daff; then ‘Uthmaan came in when she was beating the daff, but when you came in, O ‘Umar, she put the daff down.”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 3690; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 2913.

These ahaadeeth indicate that it is permissible to beat the daff in these three situations. Apart from that, the principle remains that it is haraam. Some scholars made the matter broader and said that it is permissible to beat the daff when a child is born and when he is circumcised; others take the matter further and say that it is permissible on all occasions that are a cause for expressing joy, such as the recovery of a sick person and the like.

See al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah, 38/169

But it is better to limit ourselves to what was narrated in the text. And Allaah knows best.

Secondly:

The correct view is that it is not permissible to beat the daff except for women. If a man does that, he is imitating women, which is a major sin.

Shaykh al-Islam (Ibn Taymiyah – may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

In general, it is a well known principle of the Islamic religion that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not prescribe that the righteous men, devoted worshippers and ascetics of this ummah should gather to listen to verses of poetry chanted to the accompaniment of handclapping, rhythm sticks or daffs. It is not permissible for anyone to go beyond the limits of Islam and follow something other than that which was narrated in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, whether that has to do with inward matters or outward, whether for the common man or the elite. But the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) granted a concession for some kinds of entertainment on the occasion of weddings and the like, and he also granted a concession to women allowing them to beat the daff at weddings and on other joyous occasions. But with regard to the men of his time, none of them used to beat the daff or clap his hands, rather it was proven in al-Saheeh that he said, ‘Clapping is for women, and Tasbeeh is for men,’ and he cursed women who imitate men and men who imitate women.

Because singing, beating the daff and clapping the hands are actions of women, the salaf used to call a man who did that mukhannath (effeminate), and they used to call male singers makhaaneeth (pl. of mukhannath). This is well known.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 11/565, 566

Ibn Hajar said:

The strong (qawiy) ahaadeeth indicate that this is permissible for women, but that does not include men, because of the general meaning of the prohibition on men imitating women.

Fath al-Baari, 9/226

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Rather the concession allowing women to use the daff is for them only. With regard to men, it is not permissible for them to do any of that, whether on weddings or on other occasions. Rather Allaah has prescribed for men to train in the instruments of war and skills needed for battle, such as shooting and horse riding, and competing in that.

Majallat al-Jaami’ah al-Islamiyyah (Magazine of the Islamic University in al-Madeenah al-Munawwarah), 3rd edition, 2nd year, Muharram, 1390 AH, p. 185, 186

And he also said:

With regard to weddings, it is prescribed to beat the daff and sing regular songs which do not call for or praise anything that is haraam. This is to be done at night, by women only, to announce the wedding and to emphasize the difference between this legitimate marriage and zina (adultery) which is done in secret, as was narrated in the saheeh Sunnah from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Al-Tabarruj wa Khataruhu (Wanton display and its dangers)

And Allaah knows best.
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/20406/when-is-it-permissible-to-beat-the-daff

Shukran katheeran.... Jazākallāhu khairan

1 Like

Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by TheCrusader: 10:12pm On May 08, 2020
Gidah:
is this a question or just showing the world your ignorance, mind you I'm a Muslim but I won't listen to one alfa telling me if I hear music my fasting is not complete, becos he ain't my GOD MY ALLAH IS MERCIFUL.
Yes. A simple question. Answer it. Are you?

You are the ignorant one here. Did an 'Alfa' write the 'scripture'??
If you say you are a Muslim, then follow Allah completely. Why be selective with your islamic practice? Why practice only what suites you?

Times have changed, so what? As it was in the beginning, so it shall be.
You say Allah is merciful so you should deliberately disobey?
Be deceiving yourself there

1 Like

Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by Dmail(m): 9:59am On May 09, 2020
IlovePMB:

Religious fanatics are the most confused set of people. They can ban alcohol in the north but can play and dance to music which is still a haram according to Koran.
May Allah guide you brother...
Know that it is not fanatical to try to abstain from sins no matter how small it is.
2) Banning if Alcohol is by the government and not an individual in those part of the country
Islam has come to protect humanity in three ways
i)Blood
ii)Dignity
iii)Properties
Alcohol has a greater impact on the society than music for when a person is intoxicated, this person can cause harm to the society which could be in term of hurting himself or some other persons. I believe you know how things play out in that scenario.
And as for music it has a greater effect on the person personally, for the great Imaam ibn Taymiyyah said Music is the intoxicant of the soul as alcohol intoxicates the body.
We are not the law maker here and we do not question the authority of the law giver who is our Creator Allah.
So when we fall into a sin, we do not defend it because we have fallen short but rather strive and pray that Allah make it easy for us to leave such sin we have fallen short of. We are only humans and it is for humans to err. But some are just good followers than others and we do not see them as extremists.
Allohu’l musta’an.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by Dmail(m): 10:06am On May 09, 2020
Gidah:
We should be mindful things are different from the days of prophet, you can hardly abide by this now cos you tune on your TV almost everywhere there's music what can someone do, I feel this can hardly work in our current world just saying
Yes brother May Allah guide you and us right.
Do we say because things are different from the way of the Prophet and we say now we should stop praying and observing Fasts? No? So because things are different shouldn’t mean we should consider haram halal. That is what the Prophet is saying in the post of the OP that a time will come when some people will consider some things as halal. This also indicated that Muhammad was a true messenger cos the time has come and we can see that happening. Prostitution is being legalized and Alcohol is the order of the day. May Allah protect us.
Know that as a Muslim, we are to adjust our living to fit the way of Islam and not adjust Islam to fit the way we live.
The Sun still sets where it used to during the time of MUHAMMAD May blessings and salutations be upon Him. So also the moon comes out from it used to. So what has changed It is we humans who have changed but the Rulings of Allah has not so we are the one to adjust. May Allah protect us.
Allohu’l musta’an

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by Dmail(m): 10:10am On May 09, 2020
totowunmido:
the other day I heard my neighbour's wife in the middle of the night shouting "wayo Allah, Alhaji e do mi dada, walahi o dun mo mi"
Very well...Every Tom dick and Harry knows the Hausa has no other way to refer to God than say Allah, even the Christians among them. So this woman could be A Hausa Christian plus you got my message wrong in the first place.
I was only trying to make a point that cos a large number of Muslims are into what Islam regard as prohibition does not make such Prohibition go away,it’s still and will always be a prohibition. May Allah have mercy on you and Us.
Allohu’l musta’an

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by Dmail(m): 10:12am On May 09, 2020
ijebuloaded:
But.. Into Entertainment Biz.. Being a music promoter, show promoter, Artist PR...

Does this means i should not work for the whole 30Days and Beyond..

Does this means i should stop my way of income because "Music is Haram" ?

Am so confused right now.. Even during this Ramadan.. some artiste still send me song to promote.. and as a PR.. i still need to sample the songs.. listen to it about 3-4 times to be able to get some review outta it...

Is Music A Sin?
Should i stop my JOB
May Allah have mercy on you brother, May He provide for a halal means of earning. By the one who has my soul in his hands, if you leave something sinful for the sake of Allah, He will in His infinite mercy replace for you that which is better and halal. May Allah ease your affairs
Allohu’l musta’an
Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by Dmail(m): 10:16am On May 09, 2020
Kiddler:

Just like almost everything in Islam, intention is key.
Al-Qurtubi has mentioned in his commentary on the
Qur’an al-Jami al-Ahkam al-Quran the singing of
some Qusharites in the presence of the Prophet the
day he entered Madina. Abu Bakr was disturbed by
this and the Prophet said, “leave them Abu Bakr so
that the Jews can see that our way is expansive.”
They were playing drums and saying, “we are the
girls of al-Najjar and we love that Muhammad is a
neighbor”. Al-Qurtubi then said, “it is said that the
tambourine and other instruments used in weddings
are permissible as long as what is said is sound
and not from foulness.”

As you can see, the point here is the aim of the music, the intention. Would you call a man singing the 99 names of Allah as committing Haram?
Imam al-Ghazali has also written that “if musical
instruments have become the sign of drunkards or
lewdness, if the instruments are like the harmonica,
wind instruments, string instruments, or drums used
by drinkers then it is impermissible."

As such, music that is particularly vulgar or
inappropriate is seen as a distraction from Islam and the fulfillment of duties. This view is also supported by the fact that the modern musical industry of today deviates significantly from Islamic teachings. Today you can hardly listen to a track without hearing profanities or talks about going down with someone else.

I found that most scholars agree that singing is permissible during certain occasions such as Eid
and weddings, and that some scholars even
assert that singing as an activity that brings
enjoyment is permissible as long as the activity
does not encourage non-islamic actions such as
drinking or unnecessary mingling amongst members of the opposite sex.

We should also remember the verse which goes:
"Surely, the hearing
and the sight and the heart, all of these shall be
questioned about that?" (Surah Bani Isra'il 17:36)

Music during Ramadan is an issue on its own. Deviating from the constraints of the fast is the same as doing no fast.
And Allah knows best.
Yes intention is the Key brother and that’s true. But don’t get it twisted sir.
Good intentions for Good deeds, so that one can get the reward from his Lord and not Good intention for a Bad deed or that which is sinful, the act will always nullify such intention.
A square peg in a square hole and not a round peg in a square hole sir.
Allohu’l musta’an
Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by Dmail(m): 10:21am On May 09, 2020
isram:
Fools everything that the rich enjoy is haram to the poor,

Mugus
No you are wrong sir. But this world is a paradise for the unbelievers and a Prison for the believers.
Before you get it wrong, while we were is schools especially boarding school, we were not given the choice to do anything cos of the code and conduct of the school, so we feel imprisoned as compare to a day school student Because of the rules and regulations laid down for us.
So is the case of a Muslim, who follows the rules his Lord has laid down for him. He can not do everything the unbelievers who has no law to follow do.
Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by Dmail(m): 10:27am On May 09, 2020
Jeetkool:

Toor
This is a wide topic
U did not mention in the Quran were Allah forbid music And were the prophet as forbidden music in general.
Quran is Book that tell us what is harram and the prophet explains it.
Please more evidence on that
May Allah guide you and us brother. It is not a must that we find a Quranic verse to support a Hadith of the Prophet as long as the Hadith is authentic because the Hadith itself is a relegation just like the Qur’an.
As you can see, you will not find anywhere in the whole Qur’an where Allah has decreed for us the numbers of Raka’ats to perform in our daily Solawaats but this can only be found in authentic Ahaadith. So should we because we cannot find this in the Qur’an leave off solat? No we did not.
And as for Music, Suratu Luqman, Allah says in its interpretation “And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e music, singing etc) to mislead (men) from the path of Allah without knowledge, and takes it (the path of Allah, or the verses of the Qur’an) by way of mockery. For such there will be a humiliating torment(in the Hell-fire)” May Allah protect us.
Ibn ‘Abbas (A sohabbah) the great Quranic interpreter said I swear by Allah the idle talk Allah refers to in this Verse is Nothing but Music”
Apart from this there is consensus among the scholars of Islam that Music accompanied with musical instruments is Haram(prohibited)
So whenever we find an authentic narration from the Prophet ‘alehi ssalaam we say Semi’na (we have heard) wa a’atoina( and we will obey)
May Allah Guide us.....Allohu’l musta’an
Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by totowunmido: 7:32pm On May 10, 2020
akure1stson:

the other day I heard my neighbour's wife in the middle of the night shouting "wayo Allah, Alhaji e do mi dada, walahi o dun mo mi"
Re: Listening To Music In Ramadan by Jeetkool(m): 3:51pm On Jun 23, 2020
Dmail:

May Allah guide you and us brother. It is not a must that we find a Quranic verse to support a Hadith of the Prophet as long as the Hadith is authentic because the Hadith itself is a relegation just like the Qur’an.
As you can see, you will not find anywhere in the whole Qur’an where Allah has decreed for us the numbers of Raka’ats to perform in our daily Solawaats but this can only be found in authentic Ahaadith. So should we because we cannot find this in the Qur’an leave off solat? No we did not.
And as for Music, Suratu Luqman, Allah says in its interpretation “And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e music, singing etc) to mislead (men) from the path of Allah without knowledge, and takes it (the path of Allah, or the verses of the Qur’an) by way of mockery. For such there will be a humiliating torment(in the Hell-fire)” May Allah protect us.
Ibn ‘Abbas (A sohabbah) the great Quranic interpreter said I swear by Allah the idle talk Allah refers to in this Verse is Nothing but Music”
Apart from this there is consensus among the scholars of Islam that Music accompanied with musical instruments is Haram(prohibited)
So whenever we find an authentic narration from the Prophet ‘alehi ssalaam we say Semi’na (we have heard) wa a’atoina( and we will obey)
May Allah Guide us.....Allohu’l musta’an

I don’t say there are no authentic Hadith all am saying is Allah (Quran) tell us what is ‏الليل and what is ‏الرام while prophet Muhammad explains it in more detail to us.
Sorry to ask is it Hadith that tell u d raka we used to pray or u see people doing the Sunna of d prophet? They called it ‏سنة حملي.

And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e music, singing etc) to mislead (men) from the path of Allah without knowledge, and takes it (the path of Allah, or the verses of the Qur’an)
Idle can be in music, talks in what ever we do. So the vers is not talking only about music alone. Even idle talks can be in our conversation. So i cant say all music is not good. some scholars forbid it while some did not forbids all music.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Supplications To Attain Provision And Wealth, And Pay Off Debts / Ruling On Honour Killings / Having Good Thought About People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.