Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,229 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections (10123 Views)

Giadom Releases Modalities For APC NEC Meeting / Edo Assembly Crisis: I’ll Not Issue Fresh Proclamation - Obaseki / I Won't Issue Fresh Proclamation For Edo Assembly, Obaseki Tells APC, Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by dre11(m): 6:22am On May 08, 2020
• To liaise with health authorities, security agencies

• Keeps mum on Balyelsa, Imo senatorial by-elections

From Okodili Ndidi, Abuja

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has said it is set to release fresh modalities for the conduct of the Edo and Ondo governorship elections despite the Coronavirus pandemic.

It, however, said that it would liaise with health authorities and security agencies on resumption of activities in the two states ahead of the polls scheduled for September19 and October 10, 2020.

Rising from a stakeholders’ meeting yesterday, the commission, said that it would work out modalities for the ramping up of activities in the two states as soon as possible.

It, however, kept mum on the senatorial by-elections in Bayelsa and Imo states, as well as other state House of Assembly by-elections.

According to a statement issued at the end of the meeting by Festus Okoye, the national commissioner and chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee, INEC will resume engagement with political parties, civil society groups and organisations, the media and other stakeholders in relation to the Edo and Ondo governorship elections.

He said that the “modalities for these engagements will be worked out and considered at its next meeting on May 14.”

At the end of the meeting, according to the statement, “the commission resolved to carry out comprehensive decontamination of its national headquarters, annex at Blantyre Street, the Electoral Institute and its Area 10 office housing its staff clinic.

“To follow the Federal Government guidelines on resumption of protocols and procedure by providing infrared thermometers, soap and water at entrances and installing hand sanitiser dispensers at strategic points in the commission.

“To train its workers, particularly the cleaners and office assistants on cleaning protocols and strict compliance with the Federal Government guidelines as well as its own specific protocols for resumption.

“To issue comprehensive guidelines for the first phase of its resumption in compliance with the directives of the Federal Government and health authorities. These guidelines will be posted on its notice boards and uploaded on the website of the commission on May 11.

“That directors and other designated workers of the departments will resume at the national headquarters on May 13 after the decontamination of the premises and provision of necessary amenities as outlined earlier in this statement”.

https://thenationonlineng.net/inec-to-issue-fresh-modalities-for-edo-ondo-governorship-polls/

Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by SeverusSnape(m): 6:25am On May 08, 2020
Election again
Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by Shezkid01(m): 6:28am On May 08, 2020
Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by Ifesinachi22(m): 6:36am On May 08, 2020
grin
Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by JasonJidenna(m): 6:45am On May 08, 2020
.....And at the end of the day, they'll still come up with silly excuses for their incompetence.

South Korea did theirs without any noise. That's how you identify a progressive country.

https://www.nairaland.com/5794919/south-korea-conducts-election-amid#88465985

2 Likes

Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by Maxymilliano(m): 7:23am On May 08, 2020
Releasing or issuing guidelines and modalities for elections in Nigeria won't put an end to perennial issues of thuggery, ballot snatching, multiple thumb printing and other forms of electoral manipulations that has become part of us.

Stay safe ...

Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by bcomputer101: 7:44am On May 08, 2020
Elections don't really count in Nigeria.

Please kindly finger my comment

4 Likes

Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by Tissaia(f): 8:07am On May 08, 2020
I hope they will vote for APC candidate for the sake of themselves and their families..., When the time comes
Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by Jakemedg(m): 8:07am On May 08, 2020
Okay
Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by ekundaxton: 8:07am On May 08, 2020
POSITION FOR CLIENTS RELATIONS EXECUTIVES IN A REAL ESTATE FIRM IN LAGOS ( 4 SLOTS)

We are positioning to be one of the renowned real estate marketing and management firm in Nigeria. We are a Limited Liability company registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission with core competence in Real Estate marketing and management as well as ICT Solutions and will be expanding into Project Management, Facility Management, Property Management, Commercial Retail Hubs and Real Estate Leasing activities in near future. Our Website will be launching soon!

JOB BRIEF

We are looking for competitive and trustworthy Clients Relations Executives that would work with us to build up our business activities. You will provide prospective clients with details of properties that fit their requirements in terms of price, size and location for sale, lease or rent and arrange visits to view the properties. Your goal will be - to meet and surpass the company’s expectations to drive rapid and sustainable growth and is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow their career in real estate.

JOB KEY FACTOR

You dont need to be a graduate to apply! HAVING PASSION FOR OR WITH GOOD KNOWLEDGE AND REAL TIME EXPERIENCE IN REAL ESTATE IS THE MAJOR CRITERIA TO BE SHORTLISTED!

NOTE THIS, We have massive numbers of clients already (and with more clients incoming and inbound on a daily basis) which therefore makes your the work operations already easy for you! And so you dont HAVE NEED to do any hard sales or cold calling to source for clients. You mission while working other Operation Executives would be with a major goal - SATISFY OUR CLIENTELE BASE!

WORK BENEFITS

Attractive monthly remuneration along with with daily/weekly commission

AREAS IN LAGOS TO COVER

To apply, you MUST reside in following areas of Lagos state which means you would better understand your locality better than non-residents. Please dont bother applying if you are not a resident of these mentioned areas. However, we will cover other areas of Lagos and cities soon

Area 1) - OGBA or FAGBA
Area 2) - Alapere, Ogudu, Ketu, Gbagada, Ifako
Area 3) - Egbeda, Akowonjo, Iyana Ipaja, Shagari/Gowon Estates
Area 4) - Yaba, Sabo, Alagomeji, Ebute Metta, Jibowu, Onipanu

HOW TO APPLY

Send your detailed briefed to thefinixnig@gmail.com. Include your whatsapp number. You will be contacted immediately. 09068786533

ONLY THOSE WITH REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT AND MARKETING WOULD BE SHORTLIST AND SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WOULD COMMENCE WORK IMMEDIATELY!

REMUNERATION
Attractive pay benefits along with daily/weekly commissions

Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and successful candidates commence work immediately!
Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by betterman22(m): 8:07am On May 08, 2020
tongue
Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by helinues: 8:07am On May 08, 2020
It's business as usual to the politicians and political party
Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by lpowel: 8:08am On May 08, 2020
dre111:
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has said it is set to release fresh modalities for the conduct of the Edo and Ondo governorship elections despite the Coronavirus pandemic.
It, however, said that it would liaise with health authorities and security agencies on resumption of activities in the two states ahead of the polls scheduled for September19 and October 10, 2020.....

put on hold
Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by HQDesign: 8:08am On May 08, 2020
cool
Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by enemyofprogress: 8:08am On May 08, 2020
Ojoro wan start. Them wan rig Obaseki out of office by all means necessary
Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by apesinola001: 8:08am On May 08, 2020
Na INEC Sabi
Na them know
Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by AroleOduduwa2: 8:08am On May 08, 2020
Something doesn't add up here, how can you conduct an election during a period like this. The best way to go about it, is to appoint an interim government until a proper election can take place.
Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by Jaspaman: 8:09am On May 08, 2020
They talking about elections at period of time??

Anyways why keep searching for jobs when you can make lots of money doing what i do??.Check my signature and mail me if you're interested and i will share with you everything.
Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by Houseofglam7(f): 8:09am On May 08, 2020
undecided
Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by overseer1(m): 8:09am On May 08, 2020
Gbagaam!

The dye is casted, and the stage is ready for politicians to roll out their drums of attack and counterattack. But the casualties are always the people: the willing tools in their hands
Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by Nobody: 8:09am On May 08, 2020
Good news, at least let us resume from our pause mode.

Biko I need a loan or a giveaway. I don't endorse e-begging but my branch app just turned me down and ask I reapply after 30 days .

I have a job to do next week and would pay back by then. It is very urgent.
Please don't drag me here, I am in a very tight position right now.
Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by sathel(m): 8:09am On May 08, 2020
What’s up with their recruitment naaa
Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by vasco01(m): 8:09am On May 08, 2020
New rigging strategy modelling

Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by mosho2good: 8:10am On May 08, 2020
Just becus of hand ✋ sanitizer some security men in the bank now behave lyk medical doctors �
Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by Calabar1stSon: 8:10am On May 08, 2020
Na now electronic or e-Voting for make sense but as usual Naija still dey for stone age. I no just know why my parents been no escape through Sahara desert to another country give birth to me
[img]http:///media/12-24-2016/E1c7QP.gif[/img]

3 Likes

Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by Kingpele(m): 8:11am On May 08, 2020
shocked now we have new empire "covid19 ' try to rig u catch corona, try to snatch ballot boxes u catch corona, try thuggery u catch corona, I guess from now going forward we will be having less unfair elections. Hahaha hahaha, bayalse and IMO election should be suspended for now, we are looking at how to manage life with this pandemic
Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by Nobody: 8:11am On May 08, 2020
No physical campaign! This one go favour Obaseki well well.

I can't wait to see the loud mouth Oshiomothief humbled in Edo.
Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by Truthbites: 8:12am On May 08, 2020
I feel for Obaseki..I hope he can scale through. But Obaseki if u are reading this, my advice is that u fight very dirty o. How can they come and remove a whole sitting Governor? Try o,fight wella. But I nor happy say u talk say, u don already spend #1billion for covid...a whole 1 billion naira
Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by amanzejude(m): 8:17am On May 08, 2020
Even some private primary and secondary schools are better organized than the incompetent INEC.
Why not leverage on the use of technology to conduct e-voting. What INEC need to do is to concatenate the electorate's BVN/NIN/PHONE_NUMBER to authenticate the identity of each voter...finito...chikina..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As per the pandemic, everyone will be fine. Let's remain optimistic and hopeful. At the end of the day, we will come out strong.

The first 400 people to like my Facebook post will be rewarded with airtime.
Once you have hit the "Like" button, inbox me the network that you use.
⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10214406165502535&id=1670269925&ref=bookmarks
Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:18am On May 08, 2020
Ok. Fingers crossed.
Re: INEC To Issue Fresh Modalities For Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections by PureGoldh(m): 8:18am On May 08, 2020
Ok...Edo People should vote wisely

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG To Borrow $1.2 Billion For Agricultural Mechanisation, Others / President Buhari's Eid-El-Kabir Message To Nigerians / Labour, CSOs, Activists Ask Nigerians To Revolt Against Planned Fuel Price Hike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.