Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,618 members, 7,865,489 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:04 PM

The Ideal Ohanaeze Ndigbo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ideal Ohanaeze Ndigbo (1547 Views)

Okorocha Reconciles Ohanaeze Ndigbo Warring Factions (pic) / We Will Resist Any Attempt To Remove Ekweremadu – Ohanaeze Ndigbo / Picture: Ohanaeze Ndigbo Congratulates Muhammadu Buhari - The Sun. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ideal Ohanaeze Ndigbo by Akhenaten: 2:56am On Jan 13, 2011
kcjazz:

Unless the meaning of Pan-African has changed, I don't think you are one. Its like saying you are a pregnant virgin. Let your actions be congruent and consistent.
*The promotion of Ndigbo to head back home*

First off, it is an insult to say people seeking for opportunities to better themselves are money lovers. And who told you Igbo people do not come back to invest.

Well, when Ohanaeze becomes a focused leadership group of elders, only then will we be able to support their work. Actually, support will come naturally.
While we wait for Ohanaeze, we need to hold our SE governors and leaders accountable, they have learnt to cover their deficiencies with the cries of marginalization and anti-Igbonization.

Yes, I am a Pan-Africanist, because I believe in the unity of all African people due to our shared cultures and histories. There are more similarities amongst different groups than differences. I am firm believer in this and I have stated this countless times. And if you look in the cultural section, you will see why.

However, I am a realist. And a realist, I understand that my people (Igbo) are unfairly targeted in some parts of Nigeria not only, because of their ethnicity, but also the religion they practice. Do you think I would support the continuation of my people being killed like lambs or putting themselves in harm way? You must be joking. That goes against the very rules of the laws of nature.

And yes, I think these Igbos who continue to put themselves in a war zone are money lovers. Why would they continue to put themselves in harm's way if it wasn't for the love of money? It is hard to feel sorry for those who do not use their minds.

I think you need to stop putting words in my mouth. Some Igbos choose not to invest in Igboland, while some Igbos do. My father is one such person who invest in Alaigbo, so I know there are Igbos are there who care about their region.

And how can we hold our SE governors accountable? Nigeria does not practice a true democracy, so how can we achieve that. If you are looking to the SE governors, most of them are not worth a grain of salt, so you better look elsewhere.
Re: The Ideal Ohanaeze Ndigbo by Olaedo1: 3:00am On Jan 13, 2011
kcjazz:

Unless the meaning of Pan-African has changed, I don't think you are one. Its like saying you are a pregnant virgin. Let your actions be congruent and consistent.
*The promotion of Ndigbo to head back home*

First off, it is an insult to say people seeking for opportunities to better themselves are money lovers. And who told you Igbo people do not come back to invest.

Well, when Ohanaeze becomes a focused leadership group of elders, only then will we be able to support their work. Actually, support will come naturally.
While we wait for Ohanaeze, we need to hold our SE governors and leaders accountable, they have learnt to cover their deficiencies with the cries of marginalization and anti-Igbonization.

kcjazz, clearly your way of thinking would never work within nigeria.You better take notes and stay put.
Re: The Ideal Ohanaeze Ndigbo by kettykin: 4:48am On Jan 13, 2011
During OBJ regime , when he discovered ibos owned 75% of Abuja , he ordered elrufai to demolish all the buildings built on land bought from natives of abuja , the hausa and yorubas cheered him , ibos lost billions of hard earned resource used to build hotels and mansions in abuja and environs.

If ibos had invested those billions in businesses in the east like large scale fish and poultry farms , estates , or pulled the money to start bank or telecom business, food processing companies ( biscuit , fruit juice ,pharmaceutical, salt, sugar , flour,)detergent , soap . all that would not have been lost.

The businesses would have ended up employing thousands of their people and making an impact in the eastern economy, now the money is wasted and thousands of ibo graduates now leave the east to waste their lives in the north(jos ,maiduguri and bauchi) and west (lagos , ogun , oyo).
Re: The Ideal Ohanaeze Ndigbo by kcjazz(m): 6:22am On Jan 13, 2011
kettykin:

During OBJ regime , when he discovered ibos owned 75% of Abuja , he ordered elrufai to demolish all the buildings built on land bought from natives of abuja , the hausa and yorubas cheered him , ibos lost billions of hard earned resource used to build hotels and mansions in abuja and environs.

If ibos had invested those billions in businesses in the east like large scale fish and poultry farms , estates , or pulled the money to start bank or telecom business, food processing companies ( biscuit , fruit juice ,pharmaceutical, salt, sugar , flour,)detergent , soap . all that would not have been lost.

The businesses would have ended up employing thousands of their people and making an impact in the eastern economy, now the money is wasted and thousands of ibo graduates now leave the east to waste their lives in the north(jos ,maiduguri and bauchi) and west (lagos , ogun , oyo).

You see how you people make up conspiracy theories.
Also even the Igbo mosques were destroyed, this mosques could have being in Onitsha lol
Re: The Ideal Ohanaeze Ndigbo by ChinenyeN(m): 5:10pm On Jan 14, 2011
Hmm. . . I know the author (though not personally). He and I actively discussed this issue two or three months ago. He's rather genuine and sincere about his position on this issue. Someone here made mention of extremism, and to be straight on the issue, that isn't the case. This write-up is not work of an extremist, but the work of a genuinely concerned/passionate Igbo youth. Fundamentally, he and I see eye to eye on this issue. Like him, my only concern is with Ohanaeze not showing face on issues that actually matter, but yet insisting on parading itself as *my* organization; a representative of *my* voice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

UK Prime Minister Cameron: My war on multiculturalism - Focus on Islam / Pdp Will Take Over Lagos And South West- Jonathan Odechukwu / More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.