Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

How Do I Write My Resume? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do I Write My Resume? (295 Views)

3 Years On The Job; I Need A Change - Consider This My Resume / Please Find Attached My Resume: The Right Way To Say It / I Need Someone To Re-write My Resume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Write My Resume? by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 08, 2020
I studied Agricultural Engineering in one of the Nigeria's universities with a very good results. The issue is my passion has always been to become a full time programmer and I took the bold step starting with programming while in 200level, as I never even have plan for the course I studied after my graduation. To me, it is boring and not challenging. As I write this, I have learnt all that is required to create website; HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, PHP with MySQL, JavaScript with JQuery, React.js and of course AJAX. I have many personal projects I have carried out. Outside web development, my primary and most loved language is Python, and I have learnt it so well that I can use it for cool stuffs like automating things, scrapping web, can use it for data science/analysis, cryptography, etc. And as a background, little of C/C++, C# and Node.js.

But all being said, I never had any certificate to show for all these skills I have acquired, I learnt everything through self studies. Now, I think it's not a bad idea if I hit some Tech company looking for novel programmer to be part of their community, I've submitted my resume through LinkedIn to many of these companies. But real issues is that my resume mainly shows my experience in the course I studied in school, few part revealing the skilled I've gained.

I received a mail from one of these IT organisation just before I started writing this, the message stated it clearly that they only need someone who has skills close to what they are looking for. This will be the second mail I would receive declining my application base on the fact that they don't think I'm capable.

Please, I need advise on how to write my resume to suit what these companies ever wanted. Thanks in advance
NB:

Re: How Do I Write My Resume? by Sammarshall(f): 9:35pm On May 08, 2020
If am going be honest with you, I will just tell you to lie. Lie about your qualification but make sure you know the job, create a mouth watering portfolio that will show the major skills needed for the job you want to apply.

Learn data structure and algorithms because that’s the only difference between computer science graduates and others.

Why I advise you to lie first is because, it will be nice if the company can get to know you before judging.

I know I mentioned lie, but I believe that God is the only answer.

Don’t forget the God factor, is more authentic.
Re: How Do I Write My Resume? by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 09, 2020
Sammarshall:
If am going be honest with you, I will just tell you to lie. Lie about your qualification but make sure you know the job, create a mouth watering portfolio that will show the major skills needed for the job you want to apply.

Learn data structure and algorithms because that’s the only difference between computer science graduates and others.

Why I advise you to lie first is because, it will be nice if the company can get to know you before judging.

I know I mentioned lie, but I believe that God is the only answer.

Don’t forget the God factor, is more authentic.

Thanks so much, I understand everything. Half word should be enough for the wise...
Re: How Do I Write My Resume? by stkevin(m): 12:49am On May 10, 2020
Donproject send me ur cv so I can help u with the resume u desire relating to ur IT experience..
Please I would like u to teach me programming (python) via whatsapp
How about that?
stmevin@gmail.com is my email.
Thanks.
Re: How Do I Write My Resume? by rhodman: 3:06am On May 10, 2020
If you've done one or two project, get a portfolio by creating a Github account and put your projects on it.
And then add your github link to your resume.
Re: How Do I Write My Resume? by Nobody: 4:34am On May 10, 2020
stkevin:
Donproject send me ur cv so I can help u with the resume u desire relating to ur IT experience..
Please I would like u to teach me programming (python) via whatsapp
How about that?

stmevin@gmail.com is my email.
Thanks.

No problem, I will send the CV asap
Re: How Do I Write My Resume? by Nobody: 4:36am On May 10, 2020
rhodman:
If you've done one or two project, get a portfolio by creating a Github account and put your projects on it.
And then add your github link to your resume.

I have Githut account that I have not really been using. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancy-accountants / Atlas Corps Fellowship Application 2020 (fully Funded To Usa) / Job Opportunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.