Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,358 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government (36277 Views)

Lagos Street Poll: Tinubu May Not Win Lagos O / Lagos Totally Shutdown By Obidient March(photos) / Onitsha Bridge Shutdown By ENDSARS Protesters: PICTURES & VIDEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by robosky02(m): 9:37pm On May 08, 2020
The Edo State Government has ordered the immediate shutdown of Lagos Street, an epicenter of trade and in Benin metropolis, to check the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the state.

Special Adviser to the Governor on Media and Communication Strategy, Mr. Crusoe Osagie, in a statement sent to DAILY POST said, the decision to shut down trading/business activities on Lagos Street, close to Oba ovonramwen square followed the refusal of residents to comply with the state government’s directives to participate in the ongoing screening and testing exercise for COVID-19, as part of efforts to contain the pandemic.

According to him, “Lagos Street will remain closed to activities until residents in the area take part in the exercise to protect themselves and other members of the public, The participation of all residents in the exercise is important in curtailing the spread of the virus in the state.

“Being a business hub, a large number of residents in Benin City and other parts of the state visit Lagos Street daily for various activities making the area a hotspot for the spread of COVID-19. This makes it important for residents and other persons in the area to participate in the exercise.

Lagos Street will remain closed to all forms of activities until the residents participate in the screening and testing exercise he added.

https://dailypost.ng/2020/05/08/breaking-edo-govt-shuts-down-lagos-street-state-commercial-hub/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by robosky02(m): 9:52pm On May 08, 2020
That's how Rivers State government started by locking down ikwerre rd mile 1 , then creek road and finally port Harcourt

It the same attitude stay at home or the government will ask you to

Kudos to our proactive government in the south south

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by Help4Tony: 10:02pm On May 08, 2020
I thought its the real lagos

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by COVID19X: 10:02pm On May 08, 2020
Oo
Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by Onebyonedead: 10:03pm On May 08, 2020
Nigeria is a joke

Shutting things down with no alternatives

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by Zchi1052(m): 10:03pm On May 08, 2020
Nothing much to say anyway
Local man is weak
Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by phransix2: 10:03pm On May 08, 2020
It still baffles me when people don't believe the COVID-19 is real.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by Mac2016(m): 10:03pm On May 08, 2020
How in the world would some adopt the moniker Covid-19 like the person above in this thread.. Nigerians ehn

Edo state; the ban: their wahala.. Wetin be my own
Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 08, 2020
G
Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by firfinch(m): 10:03pm On May 08, 2020
Safety first...
Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by Coinvision: 10:03pm On May 08, 2020
Good Decision. There Are Over 1,000 Positive Cases Of Corona Virus In Edo State But They Haven't Been Tested.
The Governor Should Lock Down New Benin, Oba Market, Oliha Market, Ogida Market, Ekiosa Market, Ramat Park, Uselu Market, Egor Market. In fact Shutdown The Full Edo State.

I Don talk my own. Anyways, make I sit down dey observe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click The Link On My Signature Below To Learn How To Earn Passive income Daily

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by ForeThinker: 10:03pm On May 08, 2020
It's well

Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by Albert0011(m): 10:04pm On May 08, 2020
I stay in Benin city and i must say it,Edo state government did the right thing.
Upon the partial lockdown in Edo state and closure of Major shops around ring road axis,people are still defying the orders..i pray it doesn't get out of hand here.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by Afrocentric: 10:04pm On May 08, 2020
That's very good. That place is so unkept
Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by kingkon(m): 10:04pm On May 08, 2020
Hmmm.. Benin People that can fly.. cool grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by Sensie(f): 10:05pm On May 08, 2020
God please heal the world �
Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by NwaNimo1(m): 10:05pm On May 08, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by overseer1(m): 10:05pm On May 08, 2020
Anything that puts Corona at bay is welcome.

If there is good in doing that, the government have my backing. Time is not now to prioritise business over human health.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by Evergreen4(m): 10:05pm On May 08, 2020
My governor you're doing well. If not for the proactive measures you've taken so far, the virus would have spread in Edo state especially Benin metropolis.

Your return ticket is sure 4+4=8

I'm an ardent "Obasekist" . No apology

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by gbebodye(f): 10:05pm On May 08, 2020
Very good jare
Let the wailers wail...at least at the end of the day they will still be alive

cool
Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by FromZeroToHero(m): 10:06pm On May 08, 2020
Nice move.
Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by Slawormir: 10:06pm On May 08, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

kingkon:

Fly go where?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by thundafire: 10:07pm On May 08, 2020
Any state with the name Lagos street, always causes trouble, Calabar same thing,area boys always robbing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by Sultty(m): 10:07pm On May 08, 2020
Bad market
Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by psychologist(m): 10:08pm On May 08, 2020
Tinubu sef

Why always Lagos grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 08, 2020
Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by edoairways: 10:09pm On May 08, 2020
kingkon:
angry angry angry sad sad

1 Like

Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by ainas247: 10:09pm On May 08, 2020
angry
Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by loadedvibes: 10:10pm On May 08, 2020
Lol.. make I know lie you.. you see that test so many people no go partake .. just find another way
Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by simplepee(f): 10:11pm On May 08, 2020
Useless governments.
Re: Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government by tallerSSS: 10:11pm On May 08, 2020
This is the beginning of corocrasy in 9ja

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Alerts Nigerians On New ISIS Strategy / Peter Obi: Mass Resignation Hits Anambra PDP, Ozigbo, Others Leave / Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.