Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? (1256 Views)

John 14:12 "And Greater Works Than These Shall He Do": But No One Has! / Whoever does not love Me does not keep My words. (From John 14:24) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by safepaulooo(m): 1:48am On May 09, 2020
In John 14:1-3, Jesus promised his followers heavenly life saying in my father’s house there are many abodes. But the question is was he promising ALL his followers heavenly life? Revelation 14:1-3 shows that 144,000 persons will be taken from earth to heaven. Read Rev 14:1, the lamb (Jesus) stands on mount zion and with him 144,000 persons. Where were they? Verses 2 and 3 says a sound was coming out from HEAVEN and it was the 144,000 singing a special song with their harps. That confirms that the 144,000 persons were in heaven with Jesus. The ending part of verse 3 says the 144,000 were BOUGHT from the EARTH. So Rev 14:1-3 makes it clear that 144,000 persons were BOUGHT from the earth with christ blood and taken to heaven where they are seen with the lamb, Jesus Christ. This is a fulfillment of John 14:1-3 where christ promised his followers heavenly life. In other words he was not making that promise to ALL his followers but to 144,000 of his followers. That number started to be gathered right from his early apostles.

What will be their function in heaven? Revelation 5: 9,10 explains that these ones BOUGHT with the blood of Christ are from every tribe, tongues, people’s and nations and will serve to RULE over the earth. So if only 144,000 followers of Christ will be in heaven with him to serve as CO-RULERS with him, what of the rest multitude of Christ followers? Keep in mind, that in a system where there are rulers there must be SUBJECTS to benefit from the rulership. That Rev. 5: 10 says they RULE over the earth, will they be ruling over animals and vegetation? Surely not! READ Matt 5: 3 and 5. Whereas verse 3 mentions the prospect of Kingdom of heaven, verse 5 mentions the prospect of inheriting the earth. In other words there are TWO prospects which God has in store for faithful ones. The rulers will be in heaven alongside christ whereas the subjects will inherit the earth to enjoy that heavenly rulership. Psalm 37:29 states that the RIGHTEOUS WILL LIVE FOREVER ON EARTH . They will be the subjects to enjoy a RESTORED PARADISE which that heavenly rulership of Christ and the 144,000 will bring about. Think about this, even in countries today everybody cannot be in rulership positions, there must be subjects and they are always the MAJORITY while the rulers are the MINORITY. So 144,000 will be in heaven with christ as rulers to fulfill christ words at John 14:1-3 while a vast majority of other faithful followers of Christ will live forever on earth in paradise. These ones on earth will see the fulfillment of God’s original purpose stated to Adam, which is for the earth to be inhabited by obedient humans in paradise condition forever. That purpose cannot fail otherwise God has become a liar who cannot fulfill his words and that can NEVER happen. God’s words and purpose will surely be fulfilled as explained in Isaiah 55:10, 11.

So in summary, Jesus words in John 14:1-3 were directed to 144,000 of his faithful followers whereas other faithful followers will enjoy paradise earth forever as obedient human subjects. A prospect which Adam lost. No wonder christ taught us to pray the LORD’S PRAYER (Matt 6:9, 10), our father in heaven....let your KINGDOM come, let your will TAKE PLACE as in HEAVEN also on EARTH. God’s WILL for the earth is for it to serve as a PARADISE HOME for mankind FOREVER. (Psalm 37:29 and Ecclesiastic 1:4). The Kingdom also called government (Isaiah 9:6) will rest on the shoulders of Christ and together with his 144,000 co-rulers bought from the earth with his blood, they will RESTORE God’s WILL for the earth – a paradise home for obedient humans FOREVER.

PLEASE READ ALL CITED SCRIPTURES AND CAREFULLY MEDITATE ON THEM.

1 Like

Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by MistadeRegal(m): 4:17am On May 09, 2020
Why is the following quote missing from your writeup?

Revelation 7:9-17 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by safepaulooo(m): 8:58am On May 09, 2020
The great multitude mentioned at Revelation 7:9 standing before the throne and before the lamb, are they also in heaven? To be spoken of as standing before the throne and before the lamb does not necessarily mean they are in heaven. A person can be on earth physically and be spoken of as standing before God and Jesus figuratively in the sense of receiving their approval or favor. Matthew 25:31, 32 says that “all the nations” – which will include the wicked will be gathered before Jesus on his glorious throne. But Jesus will be in heaven and these ones will be on earth because for sure the WICKED will not be in heaven. So all the nations being gathered before Jesus does not mean they will have to be in heaven. One does not have to be in heaven in order to be gathered before Jesus. The wicked who are part of ALL NATIONS will not need to be in heaven. They will be on earth physically but be gathered before Jesus (who will be in heaven) figuratively.

Secondly, Revelation 6: 15-17 shows that people on earth which will include kings, high officials, military commanders, the rich, the strong, the slave will seek to hide from the face of the one seated on the throne and from the wrath of the lamb, Jesus but will not be able to STAND. These ones of course will be on earth while God and Jesus are in heaven. They do not have to be in heaven physically to fulfill those words in Revelation 6:15-17. Their being unable to STAND figuratively before God means they fail to receive God’s approval. So even though they are on earth physically they fail to STAND before God and Jesus (who are in heaven) figuratively in the sense of failing to receive their APPROVAL.

So really Matthew 25:31, 32 and Revelation 6:15-17 helps us understand that one does not have to be in heaven literally in order to be spoken of as being gathered or standing before God and Jesus. However, take note of the difference between being GATHERED before the throne and STANDING before the throne. As used in those scriptures, those being GATHERED differ from those STANDING because the latter receive God’s approval. That is the situation with the great multitude of Revelation 7:9, they are spoken of as STANDING before God and Jesus meaning they are APPROVED. This though is what the persons spoken of in Revelation 6:15-17 fail to achieve.

So in summary, Revelation 7:9- 17 refers to a great multitude of faithful followers of Jesus who though are physically or literally on earth, STAND before God and Jesus figuratively in the sense that they receive his APPROVAL. They are the ones spoken of in Psalm 37:29 and Matthew 5:5, righteous ones who will live forever on a restored earthly paradise made possible by God’s Kingdom government comprised of Jesus and his 144,000 co-rulers.

MistadeRegal:

Revelation 7:9-17 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by MistadeRegal(m): 12:20pm On May 09, 2020
safepaulooo:
The great multitude mentioned at Revelation 7:9 standing before the throne and before the lamb, are they also in heaven? To be spoken of as standing before the throne and before the lamb does not necessarily mean they are in heaven. A person can be on earth physically and be spoken of as standing before God and Jesus figuratively in the sense of receiving their approval or favor. Matthew 25:31, 32 says that “all the nations” – which will include the wicked will be gathered before Jesus on his glorious throne. But Jesus will be in heaven and these ones will be on earth because for sure the WICKED will not be in heaven. So all the nations being gathered before Jesus does not mean they will have to be in heaven. One does not have to be in heaven in order to be gathered before Jesus. The wicked who are part of ALL NATIONS will not need to be in heaven. They will be on earth physically but be gathered before Jesus (who will be in heaven) figuratively.

Secondly, Revelation 6: 15-17 shows that people on earth which will include kings, high officials, military commanders, the rich, the strong, the slave will seek to hide from the face of the one seated on the throne and from the wrath of the lamb, Jesus but will not be able to STAND. These ones of course will be on earth while God and Jesus are in heaven. They do not have to be in heaven physically to fulfill those words in Revelation 6:15-17. Their being unable to STAND figuratively before God means they fail to receive God’s approval. So even though they are on earth physically they fail to STAND before God and Jesus (who are in heaven) figuratively in the sense of failing to receive their APPROVAL.

So really Matthew 25:31, 32 and Revelation 6:15-17 helps us understand that one does not have to be in heaven literally in order to be spoken of as being gathered or standing before God and Jesus. However, take note of the difference between being GATHERED before the throne and STANDING before the throne. As used in those scriptures, those being GATHERED differ from those STANDING because the latter receive God’s approval. That is the situation with the great multitude of Revelation 7:9, they are spoken of as STANDING before God and Jesus meaning they are APPROVED. This though is what the persons spoken of in Revelation 6:15-17 fail to achieve.

So in summary, Revelation 7:9- 17 refers to a great multitude of faithful followers of Jesus who though are physically or literally on earth, STAND before God and Jesus figuratively in the sense that they receive his APPROVAL. They are the ones spoken of in Psalm 37:29 and Matthew 5:5, righteous ones who will live forever on a restored earthly paradise made possible by God’s Kingdom government comprised of Jesus and his 144,000 co-rulers.

Why twisting the Bible?
Did you even read the complete quote or not before replying?
Who are those that came out of the great tribulation?
Did the Bible says those who came out of the great tribulation will remain standing in earth with palms in their hands and clothed with white robes?
Do you not read about those who shall come victorious out of the great tribulation and what their portions with CHRIST JESUS shall be?

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

I see you're a JW though...
They're known for such heresies and twistings.
Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by safepaulooo(m): 7:51am On May 10, 2020
Luke 12:32 Have no fear LITTLE FLOCK for your father has approved of giving you the KINGDOM. Really those to rule with christ in heaven are LITTLE not a MULTITUDE. Precisely numbered in Revelation 14: 1-3. There will be a great tribulation on earth very soon, those who survive because of gaining God's approval will be a great multitude. They will STAND figuratively before God and Jesus in the sense of gaining their approval, though physically on earth. They will fulfill Jesus words in Matthew 5:5.
Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by safepaulooo(m): 7:19pm On May 14, 2020
John 3:13 No man has ascended into heaven but he that descended, Jesus. This means no man entered heaven before christ came to earth. Jesus himself was the very first to ascend into heaven from the earth, hence referred to as the first fruit. Only those who receive the anointing of the holy spirit receive the hope of heavenly life to rule with christ as joint heirs (Romans 8 vs 15 - 17). This started soon after christ ascended with the pouring of holy spirit on 120 disciples gathered at the upper room in Jerusalem. They were the first to be anointed as persons with the heavenly hope. This had never occurred before. In other words christ opened the way for persons to be changed from fleshy bodies to spirit bodies and eventually receive heavenly life. This was signified by the tearing of the curtain separating the holy from the most holy in the temple from top to bottom the moment christ died. HE OPENED THE WAY.

Hence he could say of John the Baptist at Matthew 11 vs 11, that the least person in the kingdom of the heavens is greater than he is. That implies that John the Baptist does not belong to the group of persons to receive heavenly life in the kingdom of the heavens. He died before the first spirit anointing experience of the group of 120 disciples who received spirit anointing to qualify them for heavenly life. Clearly John the Baptist did not receive spirit anointing and does not belong to the heavenly class of rulers but the earthly class of subjects. Of course this applies not only to John the Baptist but to all God’s servants who died before Christ died and before Pentecost 33 CE when the first spirit anointing experience occurred. These ones do not belong to the heavenly class of anointed rulers but to the earthly class of subjects.
Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by safepaulooo(m): 3:17pm On May 16, 2020
With the understanding that ALL THOSE WHO DIED BEFORE THE FIRST SPIRIT ANOINTING OF PENTECOST 33 CE do not belong to the heavenly ruling class it becomes easy to understand another statement of Jesus apart from the one explained above about John the Baptist. Jesus told the dying robber hung alongside him "Truly I tell you today, you will be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:42, 43). Of course that promise will be fulfilled when the earthly paradise is restored because the paradise Jesus was referring to is not a heavenly but earthly paradise. How so? Jesus was not promising the robber life in heaven but life in paradise on earth because he knew that the robber will not be alive to receive the anointing with holy spirit which first occurred in Pentecost 33 CE. So Jesus saw into the future when he will be a powerful king in heaven and that robber will be resurrected to live forever on a restored earthly paradise.
Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by madegreatbygrace(m): 3:01am On May 17, 2020
So many times in the Bible, Jesus taught and spoke figuratively and so His teachings must not be taken literally. Thus, if the reader is not careful, they’ll completely misunderstand His message.

“Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:1-4

To start with, mansion doesn’t mean your earthly building with expensive furniture, modern devices, lighting and every bling bling you can ever imagine. Here, Jesus used the Greek word “mone“ which means dwelling. Likewise, house is not the regular house you live in. The Greek word is ”oikia“ which means family or household . If you ever think Jesus is referring to an inhabited mansion here then you are under a great delusion.

So what is He talking about? He’s going to prepare a place. This place is not actually a “place“. This place is a person. This place is His body- the body of Christ, where all believers are right now. That is why He said in verse 3 :

“ ..........I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. “
And when did He prepare this place? It was after the resurrection!
So, where are you now? You are in Him, He is in you . Have you not read it somewhere in the scripture?

“And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:”
‭‭~Ephesians‬ ‭2:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

You are where He is. We are now together with Him.Therefore we can rewrite verse 2:

“ In my father’s family, there are many dwellings/room/accommodation : If it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a body for you that will accommodate all believers. All that are justified by faith.This body/ place is the body of Christ.

Because of the resurrection, He lives in us. Because He lives in us, all the deadness is gone. Anger makes way for forgiveness, insecurity metamorphoses into confidence. Self-centerdness disappears for compassion and generosity. Glory!
Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by safepaulooo(m): 6:52pm On May 21, 2020
Christ words in John 10:16 makes it clear that he has one FLOCK of sheep-like faithful followers comprised of two different FOLDS of faithful followers. Addressing his disciples who obviously would later receive spirit anointing and gain the prospect of life in heaven, Jesus said I have other sheep which are NOT OF THIS FOLD. Those words make clear that the other sheep or other faithful followers of his were not part of the FOLD he was addressing because they would have a different prospect, that of eternal life on earth. Thus by those words at John 10:16, Jesus himself was categorizing his followers into TWO FOLDS based on their prospects - heavenly and earthly. So he has ONE FLOCK OF FAITHFUL FOLLOWERS comprised of TWO FOLDS having TWO DIFFERENT prospects. This aligns with his words at Matthew 5 vs 3 and 5. Some 144,000 to inherit heavenly life in the Kingdom as co-rulers and vast majority to inherit earthly life on a RESTORED earthly paradise as subjects. This is God's Kingdom arrangement.
Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by petra1(m): 3:30am On May 22, 2020
The 144,000 are jewish evangelists that will be sent to witness to israel during their tribulations. They will later be transferred to heaven
Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by safepaulooo(m): 11:08am On May 23, 2020
If you read my first post carefully especially the SCRIPTURES cited, you will understand that the 144,000 persons are bought from every tribe, people and nation of the earth. First in Revelation 14: 3, It identified this 144,000 persons as BOUGHT FROM THE EARTH, then Revelation 5:9,10 specifies that they were bought with the blood of Christ FROM EVERY TRIBE, TONGUES, PEOPLES AND NATIONS and will serve to RULE OVER THE EARTH. So they are certainly not Jewish evangelists.

The only thing that authenticates our understanding as TRUTH is BIBLICAL SUPPORT. Regardless of what we may have known or previously been taught, we can only gain God's approval if we stick to his word of truth - THE BIBLE (PLEASE READ MATTHEW 15:9). That is the objective of this write-up on this issue. To present the BIBLE'S TEACHING on this matter without BIAS to any denomination or religious organization. If you CAREFULLY read and MEDITATE on the cited scriptures with HEARTFELT SINCERITY, you will discern truth.

petra1:
The 144,000 are jewish evangelists that will be sent to witness to israel during their tribulations. They will later be transferred to heaven
Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by petra1(m): 1:21pm On May 23, 2020
safepaulooo:
If you read my first post carefully especially the SCRIPTURES cited, you will understand that the 144,000 persons are bought from every tribe, people and nation of the earth. First in Revelation 14: 3, It identified this 144,000 persons as BOUGHT FROM THE EARTH, then Revelation 5:9,10 specifies that they were bought with the blood of Christ FROM EVERY TRIBE, TONGUES, PEOPLES AND NATIONS and will serve to RULE OVER THE EARTH. So they are certainly not Jewish evangelists.

They are from the tribes of israel. if the bible says otherwise you may quote scripture out
Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by safepaulooo(m): 6:47pm On Jun 08, 2020
Keep on making sure of what is acceptable to the lord. Eph 5 vs 10

Bible truths should not be perceived as subjects for debates. What really matters is holding fast to what God teaches us in the bible so as to please him.
Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 08, 2020
MistadeRegal:

Chapter 14 cleared it all Sir!

Chapter 14:1 ~ Those going to heaven.
Chapter 14:6 ~ Those who will live on earth.
Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 08, 2020
petra1:

They are from the tribes of israel. if the bible says otherwise you may quote scripture out

NO, They are not Israelites! smiley

Please check the list of the real names of Jacob's children (Israelites) {Exodus 1:2-5} and carefully examine if it's the same names listed at Revelation 7:5-8

God bless you! smiley
Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by MistadeRegal(m): 11:47pm On Jun 09, 2020
Maximus69:

Chapter 14 cleared it all Sir!
Chapter 14:1 ~ Those going to heaven. Chapter 14:6 ~ Those who will live on earth.
You're very wrong about this. Study your Bible more properly.
Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by Nobody: 2:59am On Jun 10, 2020
MistadeRegal:

You're very wrong about this.
Study your Bible more properly.

You talk like someone who have info that's not based on God's word Sir!

In the beginning God only had earth in mind for humans {Psalms 115:16} there was nothing like going to heaven. It was the case of who rules that brought about heaven or no heaven.

We're not following Churchgoers ideology, we STUDY GOD'S WORD! 2Timothy 3:16-17 smiley
Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by MistadeRegal(m): 12:37pm On Jun 12, 2020
Maximus69:

You talk like someone who have info that's not based on God's word Sir!

In the beginning God only had earth in mind for humans {Psalms 115:16} there was nothing like going to heaven. It was the case of who rules that brought about heaven or no heaven.

We're not following Churchgoers ideology, we STUDY GOD'S WORD! 2Timothy 3:16-17 smiley

Well, but you talk like someone who didn't understand the Bible. If you think GOD is not going to terminate this earth, then you still have a lot to study and learn. This present earth is not going to remain for ever. The new earth is not same as this current one. Unless you're a proselyte indoctrinated with wrong teachings.
Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 12, 2020
MistadeRegal:

Well, but you talk like someone who didn't understand the Bible. If you think GOD is not going to terminate this earth, then you still have a lot to study and learn. This present earth is not going to remain for ever. The new earth is not same as this current one. Unless you're a proselyte indoctrinated with wrong teachings.

New heaven and new earth has a deeper meaning than what your Churchgoer Pastors taught you Sir!

God's word says that the earth will never be destroyed it is made to last forever! Genesis 8:22, Psalms 78:69, 104:5, 119:90; Ecclesiastes 1:4

So instead of dwelling on the misinterpretation of you Churchgoer Pastors, prepare to find out what is the meaning of new heaven and new earth! cheesy
Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by safepaulooo(m): 2:39pm On Jun 12, 2020
Friend, Planet earth will remain forever. Please read and meditate on Ecclesiastic 1:4 and Psalm 104:5. The message from these two scriptures is clear about the eternal future of the earth as the eternal home for obedient mankind.

Please note that the word "earth" is used in the bible both literally and figuratively. When used literally, as in the two scriptures cited above, it refers to the planet earth but when used figuratively it refers to people who inhabit the planet earth. Read of the figurative usage in Gen 11: 1 (earth/people speaking language), and Psalm 96:1 (earth/people singing song). It's important to understand which usage (literal or figurative) the bible is referring to when we read any portion of scripture.

Wicked people will eventually be anihilated such that humanity will no longer be comprised of both righteous and wicked people living together as we have it today. Rather we will eventually have only righteous humans living on a paradise planet earth. In that sense, it could be said that we have a "new" earth or new society of human inhabitants. This "old" earth (old human society) where the wicked and righteous coexist will be no more.

In a nutshell, God will never destroy planet earth, it will remain forever and be transformed into a paradise. We are wise to discern and properly understand whether the bible is using the word "earth" literally or figuratively in any bible portion we read. When used literally, it refers to the physical planet earth but when used figuratively it refers to human inhabitants. Hence, the "new earth" will be a new society of human inhabitants comprised mainly of righteous obedient humans, no more will the wicked coexist with the righteous (old earth).

What a glorious future lies just ahead of us, to be actualized by God's appointed rulers - Jesus Christ and his 144,000 co-rulers bought from among mankind.

MistadeRegal:

Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by safepaulooo(m): 12:56am On Jun 13, 2020
A wise man cannot destroy his expensive and well built house because of bad tenants who are damaging it. Wisdom demands that the bad tenants are evicted while the damaged house is renovated and handed over to responsible tenants to maintain it and enjoy it.

In like manner God who is supremely wise will not destroy planet earth which he perfectly and exquisitely established, just because of human activity and their badness. He would eliminate wicked humans, renovate and transform the earth for obedient righteous humans to enjoy and maintain forever. Infact, right after the deluge of Noah's day God himself vowed and promised in Genesis 8 vs 21 never to curse or harm the earth ever again on man's account.

It is certainly UNTHINKABLE that God will destroy planet earth - never. His purpose for creating earth, which is to serve as mankind's eternal paradise home will surely be realized. If this fails to be realized, then God has become a liar who fails to fulfill his purpose and that can NEVER be.
Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:14am On Jun 13, 2020
Why do you people like to change things, eh? I dey suspect you undecided

Na like this changing of Truth, first dey start: small small, you go think say na small error wey no mean anything.

Then the next thing, dem don change EVERYTHING, and you no go still know, and those wey know go dey wonder wen dem take change am!

CHRIST NEVER SAID HEAVENLY LIFE!

He Clearly Said ETERNAL LIFE! Not the same thing. angry

There is no profit or gain in fighting over this Issues nor of Continuously chiming about it. Every one knows and has heard of Eternal Life.

But talking about it all day would never make it yours until you have passed all your Examinations Here.

It is only Qualified Applicants in a Job Interview or a School Exam that shall be placed in an Office or in a Class (Eternal Life).

Admiring the Offices and Classrooms WILL NEVER PLACE YOU IN THEM!
Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by safepaulooo(m): 8:39am On Jun 13, 2020
IT'S OBVIOUS YOU HAVE NOT READ THE WRITE-UP / POSTS ON THIS THREAD. READ AND MEDITATE THOROUGHLY ON ALL OF IT ESPECIALLY THE CITED SCRIPTURES WITH HONESTY, SINCERITY AND AN OPEN MIND, WITHOUT BIAS TO WHAT YOU HAVE KNOWN BEFORE, A BELL WILL RING IN YOU.

Dtruthspeaker:
Why do you people like to change things, eh? I dey suspect you undecided

Na like this changing of Truth, first dey start: small small, you go think say na small error wey no mean anything.

Then the next thing, dem don change EVERYTHING, and you no go still know, and those wey know go dey wonder wen dem take change am!

CHRIST NEVER SAID HEAVENLY LIFE!

He Clearly Said ETERNAL LIFE! Not the same thing. angry

There is no profit or gain in fighting over this Issues nor of Continuously chiming about it. Every one knows and has heard of Eternal Life.

But talking about it all day would never make it yours until you have passed all your Examinations Here.

It is only Qualified Applicants in a Job Interview or a School Exam that shall be placed in an Office or in a Class (Eternal Life).

Admiring the Offices and Classrooms WILL NEVER PLACE YOU IN THEM!

Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:29pm On Jun 13, 2020
safepaulooo:
IT'S OBVIOUS YOU HAVE NOT READ THE WRITE-UP / POSTS ON THIS THREAD. READ AND MEDITATE THOROUGHLY ON ALL OF IT ESPECIALLY THE CITED SCRIPTURES WITH HONESTY, SINCERITY AND AN OPEN MIND, WITHOUT BIAS TO WHAT YOU HAVE KNOWN BEFORE, A BELL WILL RING IN YOU.

Why would I read your write up when your Header is already Wrong and very Misleading?

Your write up must follow your Header. And if your header is bad, then your write up must be... sad
Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by safepaulooo(m): 3:01am On Jun 14, 2020
It's wrong to judge a book by its cover (or theme). Proverbs 18 vs 13 says "When anyone replies to a matter before he hears the facts, it is foolish and humiliating". Heed the wise admonition of this scripture by hearing the facts of the matter first before replying. This implies that you take the time to read through the entire write-up I have posted here ESPECIALLY THE SCRIPTURES CITED before you can make any rational reply otherwise your response would only be sentimental and lacking good judgement. You may unintentionally be depriving yourself of beneficial scriptural fact.

I must state however, that your noticing the title of this thread and being moved to make a reply shows you are a spiritual person and certainly have a passion for the scriptures. Spiritual persons dont just scratch the surface of such sensitive matter, they explore it entirely. Then if after exhaustively examining my write-up, you still have reservations I would be glad to hear / read them.

Dtruthspeaker:

Why would I read your write up when your Header is already Wrong and very Misleading?

Your write up must follow your Header. And if your header is bad, then your write up must be... sad

Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:43am On Jun 14, 2020
safepaulooo:
It's wrong to judge a book by its cover (or theme). Proverbs 18 vs 13 says "When anyone replies to a matter before he hears the facts, it is foolish and humiliating". Heed the wise admonition of this scripture by hearing the facts of the matter first before replying. This implies that you take the time to read through the entire write-up I have posted here ESPECIALLY THE SCRIPTURES CITED before you can make any rational reply otherwise your response would only be sentimental and lacking good judgement. You may unintentionally be depriving yourself of beneficial scriptural fact.

I must state however, that your noticing the title of this thread and being moved to make a reply shows you are a spiritual person and certainly have a passion for the scriptures. Spiritual persons dont just scratch the surface of such sensitive matter, they explore it entirely. Then if after exhaustively examining my write-up, you still have reservations I would be glad to hear / read them.

How else are things judged?

First, the covering tells us if it is good or bad or is supposed to tell us.

It's your duty to declare the Truth from the beginning like a C.V. but People Always Lie.

And also the Rule in the Proverbs you quoted there applies to Human Disputes not to the General Assessment of Things, like this post.

it would be good for you to take note that in Written Presentations, the Title or Heading is Quite Very Important. For, by human conduct the purchase of a book or movie or anything is also based on the Title.

And you know most especially in this nairaland religion page, wicked souls openly and blatantly wickedly insult the Most High and His Holy Son and based on their Titles, we can immediately decide whether we would enter that thread or not or how we would approach it.

So I am going to look in now and give my fair comment after.
Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:50am On Jun 14, 2020
safepaulooo:
In John 14:1-3, Jesus promised his followers heavenly life saying in my father’s house there are many abodes. But the question is was he promising ALL his followers heavenly life?

First of all, (and there are many first of all I wish to say but let me go this way), first, this statement was meant for His 12 Disciples for in Mathew 19:28, He clearly said that they (the disciples) shall sit with Him to Judge the Tribes of Israel.

And Another first is the fact that by His Express Words, He has Declared the Disciples Fit for the Kingdom of God, but He has Not Yet Done So Over Us.

So I humbly think, that like a Job Interview and like An Entrance Exam, we ought to concentrate on passing the Exams rather than Contemplating or Speculating what Office we shall be Put in or what Class we shall be.

For Offices and Classrooms are Appointed or Designated Only to Those Who have Overcome the Interview or Examination.

It is of no profit or gain to Admire the Offices or Classrooms if you have not yet Overcome.

It even rather brings Great Pain and Shame to have admired all these and yet you can not enter into Them.

I think, it is better and wiser to Work at Overcoming Excellently, than to Look into Offices and Classrooms.

For when you have Overcome, You Shall Surely Behold All the Offices/Classes and you can Admire or Speculate to your heart's fill.

safepaulooo:

Revelation 14:1-3 shows that 144,000 persons will be taken from earth to heaven. Read Rev 14:1, the lamb (Jesus) stands on mount zion and with him 144,000 persons. Where were they? Verses 2 and 3 says a sound was coming out from HEAVEN and it was the 144,000 singing a special song with their harps. That confirms that the 144,000 persons were in heaven with Jesus. The ending part of verse 3 says the 144,000 were BOUGHT from the EARTH. So Rev 14:1-3 makes it clear that 144,000 persons were BOUGHT from the earth with christ blood and taken to heaven where they are seen with the lamb, Jesus Christ. This is a fulfillment of John 14:1-3 where christ promised his followers heavenly life. In other words he was not making that promise to ALL his followers but to 144,000 of his followers. That number started to be gathered right from his early apostles.

What will be their function in heaven? Revelation 5: 9,10 explains that these ones BOUGHT with the blood of Christ are from every tribe, tongues, people’s and nations and will serve to RULE over the earth. So if only 144,000 followers of Christ will be in heaven with him to serve as CO-RULERS with him, what of the rest multitude of Christ followers? Keep in mind, that in a system where there are rulers there must be SUBJECTS to benefit from the rulership. That Rev. 5: 10 says they RULE over the earth, will they be ruling over animals and vegetation? Surely not! READ Matt 5: 3 and 5. Whereas verse 3 mentions the prospect of Kingdom of heaven, verse 5 mentions the prospect of inheriting the earth. In other words there are TWO prospects which God has in store for faithful ones. The rulers will be in heaven alongside christ whereas the subjects will inherit the earth to enjoy that heavenly rulership. Psalm 37:29 states that the RIGHTEOUS WILL LIVE FOREVER ON EARTH . They will be the subjects to enjoy a RESTORED PARADISE which that heavenly rulership of Christ and the 144,000 will bring about. Think about this, even in countries today everybody cannot be in rulership positions, there must be subjects and they are always the MAJORITY while the rulers are the MINORITY. So 144,000 will be in heaven with christ as rulers to fulfill christ words at John 14:1-3 while a vast majority of other faithful followers of Christ will live forever on earth in paradise. These ones on earth will see the fulfillment of God’s original purpose stated to Adam, which is for the earth to be inhabited by obedient humans in paradise condition forever. That purpose cannot fail otherwise God has become a liar who cannot fulfill his words and that can NEVER happen. God’s words and purpose will surely be fulfilled as explained in Isaiah 55:10, 11.

So in summary, Jesus words in John 14:1-3 were directed to 144,000 of his faithful followers whereas other faithful followers will enjoy paradise earth forever as obedient human subjects. A prospect which Adam lost. No wonder christ taught us to pray the LORD’S PRAYER (Matt 6:9, 10), our father in heaven....let your KINGDOM come, let your will TAKE PLACE as in HEAVEN also on EARTH. God’s WILL for the earth is for it to serve as a PARADISE HOME for mankind FOREVER. (Psalm 37:29 and Ecclesiastic 1:4). The Kingdom also called government (Isaiah 9:6) will rest on the shoulders of Christ and together with his 144,000 co-rulers bought from the earth with his blood, they will RESTORE God’s WILL for the earth – a paradise home for obedient humans FOREVER.

PLEASE READ ALL CITED SCRIPTURES AND CAREFULLY MEDITATE ON THEM.

Now I see 144,000.

When I see 144,000, I see those who call themselves Jehovah's Witness (no insult intended or given, just a simple description for identification purposes) and I have seen that they are fixed in their ways.

And they do not let Good Reason to prevail over them as is their natural right and power given by God.

I entertain and engage them whenever they come by my house which is great fun for me and much easier than to engage them online.

It's a great pain and frustration to engage in online debates, for it is very easy to Lie, Deny Common Truths, Distorting and Twisting Issues or Otherwise, Skip from one issue to the other, ignore valid points raised, one can not easily see the effects of valid points and so many reasons not to engage in online debates.

I have had encounters with maximus69 and he is enough for me. I would not like to debate with another maximus69, Online, if I can avoid them.

And my Answer Above also stands over this 144,000 business, which is it is not important nor relevant.

When we overcome, we would surely see what shall happen on that Day.
Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:45am On Jun 14, 2020
And as I said and felt at the first, your heading and your post are the one and the same, and my Judgement of it was intact.
Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by orisa37: 8:14am On Jun 14, 2020
YES.

ALL WHO RECEIVED THE HOLY SPIRITS AT PENTECOST AND ALL WHO BELIEVE IN HIM THROUGH THE APOSTLES AND RECEIVED THE HOLY SPIRITS BAPTISM.

From Orunto27
Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by safepaulooo(m): 12:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
No wahala. We are all entitled to personal opinions.

Thanks for taking the time to read ESPECIALLY THE CITED SCRIPTURES.

Dtruthspeaker:
And as I said and felt at the first, your heading and your post are the one and the same, and my Judgement of it was intact.
Re: WAS JESUS PROMISING ALL HIS FAITHFULL FOLLOWERS HEAVENLY LIFE AT JOHN 14: 1-3? by safepaulooo(m): 4:50pm On Jun 15, 2020
I Cor 4 vs 8 says "Are you already satisfied? Are you already rich? Have you begun ruling as kings without us? I really wish that you had begun ruling as kings, so that we also might rule with you as kings.

Here Paul asks a vital enlightening question that shows that he was referring to the prospect of ruling as kings in heaven, which was a prospect he shared with the Christians he was writing to. They looked forward to realizing it.

The question therefore is if they will rule as kings, who will they rule over. The answer is seen in Revelation 5 vs 9, 10. Please read

(1) (2) (Reply)

2020/2021 Prophecies By Child-of-god John-sogbete Princewill / What Does The Holybook Say About Eating Too Much (gluttony) / Conversation In The Astral On Death And The Aftermath

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.