Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Those Who Celebrated The Release Of Orji Uzo Kalu Were 100% Right To Do So - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Who Celebrated The Release Of Orji Uzo Kalu Were 100% Right To Do So (882 Views)

2023: Aregbesola, Orji Uzo Kalu And Nnamni Removed From APC Campaign Council / The Moment Tinubu Bowed For Orji Uzo Kalu's Mother (Video) / Photo Of Orji Uzor Kalu , Buhari During Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Who Celebrated The Release Of Orji Uzo Kalu Were 100% Right To Do So by gidgiddy: 2:01am On May 09, 2020
It's no longer news that the supreme court overturned the conviction of former Governor of Abia state and serving Senator, Orji Uzo Kalu. It was reported that some people took to the streets to celebrate this news, and that has attracted some negative backlash.

I dont like Orji Uzo Kalu for political reasons, and if he indeed did loot Abia state funds, I hope he is eventually punished for it with a lengthy jail sentence

What I don't like is for people to judge things based on sentiments and not the position of the law. Yes, Orji Uzo Kalu was found guilty and sentenced to 12 years in jail, which I didn't lose any sleep over. But if the highest court of the land has decreed that his conviction was unlawful, all sentiments must take a back seat while the rule of law prevails.

There are many court judgments I do not agree with but everyone is duty bound to accept that of the supreme court. So anyone saying that Orji Uzo Kalu is a convicted person, that is no longer the case.

I would have preferred if nobody celebrated Kalu's release, as the Supreme court did not exonerate him, but ordered a retrial. But the truth is that as things stand now, Orji Uzo Kalu is not convicted of any crime and he must be assumed to be innocent until he is affirmed to be guilty by a competent court. Anyone who celebrated Kalu's release, for whatever reason, was 100% right to do so because it was the judgement of the court.

We must all learn to base justice on the rule of law, and not sentiments

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Celebrated The Release Of Orji Uzo Kalu Were 100% Right To Do So by chiefolododo(m): 2:23am On May 09, 2020
He is a great Igbo man
Re: Those Who Celebrated The Release Of Orji Uzo Kalu Were 100% Right To Do So by NJPot(m): 2:46am On May 09, 2020
They are all thieves but if Uzor Kanu should be jailed, then Tinubu and co should be jailed too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Celebrated The Release Of Orji Uzo Kalu Were 100% Right To Do So by slimfit1(m): 2:58am On May 09, 2020
I'm from Ogun so it's ok not my common wealth
Re: Those Who Celebrated The Release Of Orji Uzo Kalu Were 100% Right To Do So by Ubongdemaga: 3:00am On May 09, 2020
chiefolododo:
He is a great Igbo man
he is a great thief igbo man. Correct urself
Re: Those Who Celebrated The Release Of Orji Uzo Kalu Were 100% Right To Do So by MetaPhysical: 3:11am On May 09, 2020
Hold on....does Kalu know Ikpezu has been feeding us eba and egusi in this corona lockdown?

We need a change of diet abeg.

1 Like

Re: Those Who Celebrated The Release Of Orji Uzo Kalu Were 100% Right To Do So by helinues: 3:46am On May 09, 2020
Why do you people always celebrate corrupt people?

Is Kalu the first corrupt person for you people to celebrate. And this is one of their presidential hopeful in 2023

Imagine, if this was from another region, this same people would have been mocking the region.

Shame
Re: Those Who Celebrated The Release Of Orji Uzo Kalu Were 100% Right To Do So by orisa37: 7:47am On May 09, 2020
IT'S BIAFRA SOLIDARITY.
Re: Those Who Celebrated The Release Of Orji Uzo Kalu Were 100% Right To Do So by Marine54(m): 7:59am On May 09, 2020
helinues:

Is Kalu the first corrupt person for you people to celebrate. And this is one of their presidential hopeful in 2023

Imagine, if this was from another region, this same people would have been mocking the region.

Shame
Shut up ! Are you not corrupt ......
Re: Those Who Celebrated The Release Of Orji Uzo Kalu Were 100% Right To Do So by helinues: 8:03am On May 09, 2020
Marine54:
Shut up ! Are you not corrupt ......

Am I a politician?
Re: Those Who Celebrated The Release Of Orji Uzo Kalu Were 100% Right To Do So by Marine54(m): 8:06am On May 09, 2020
helinues:

Shame
Shut up ! Are you not corrupt yourself.. Can't you tell me you've never taken anything doesn't belong to you or collect bribe or even support corrupt politicians before.
Re: Those Who Celebrated The Release Of Orji Uzo Kalu Were 100% Right To Do So by helinues: 8:09am On May 09, 2020
Marine54:
Shut up ! Are you not corrupt yourself.. Can't you tell me you've never taken anything doesn't belong to you or collect bribe or even support corrupt politicians before.

While you never did

Hypocrite
Re: Those Who Celebrated The Release Of Orji Uzo Kalu Were 100% Right To Do So by tatatar: 8:30am On May 09, 2020
This people sad
...but Tinubu is guilty even when he has been proven innocent.
While kalu that has already been pronounced guilty and sentenced,but to be retried based on a technicality is the one that is innocent.
Re: Those Who Celebrated The Release Of Orji Uzo Kalu Were 100% Right To Do So by realstars: 8:39am On May 09, 2020
There Was No Sosial Distance There.

Re: Those Who Celebrated The Release Of Orji Uzo Kalu Were 100% Right To Do So by Nobody: 8:41am On May 09, 2020
gidgiddy:
It's no longer news that the supreme court overturned the conviction of former Governor of Abia state and serving Senator, Orji Uzo Kalu. It was reported that some people took to the streets to celebrate this news, and that has attracted some negative backlash.

I dont like Orji Uzo Kalu for political reasons, and if he indeed did loot Abia state funds, I hope he is eventually punished for it with a lengthy jail sentence

What I don't like is for people to judge things based on sentiments and not the position of the law. Yes, Orji Uzo Kalu was found guilty and sentenced to 12 years in jail, which I didn't lose any sleep over. But if the highest court of the land has decreed that his conviction was unlawful, all sentiments must take a back seat while the rule of law prevails.

There are many court judgments I do not agree with but everyone is duty bound to accept that of the supreme court. So anyone saying that Orji Uzo Kalu is a convicted person, that is no longer the case.

I would have preferred if nobody celebrated Kalu's release, as the Supreme court did not exonerate him, but ordered a retrial. But the truth is that as things stand now, Orji Uzo Kalu is not convicted of any crime and he must be assumed to be innocent until he is affirmed to be guilty by a competent court. Anyone who celebrated Kalu's release, for whatever reason, was 100% right to do so because it was the judgement of the court.

We must all learn to base justice on the rule of law, and not sentiments

IPOB miscreants and their reasoning.

(1) (Reply)

Obasasaki Meets President Buhari In Aso Villa / All Anambrans Should Let's Us Meet Here.. Anambra Must Upgrade / The Man That Will Transform Anambra State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.