Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Terrorists Kill 20 Soldiers, 40 Civilians In Northeast Nigeria Attacks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrorists Kill 20 Soldiers, 40 Civilians In Northeast Nigeria Attacks (899 Views)

Hunger Affecting 4.3m People In Northeast Nigeria – UN / UN Says 4.5 Million On The Verge Of Famine In Northeast Nigeria / Troops Kill 20 Boko Haram/ISWAP Terrorists In Lambom Forest (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terrorists Kill 20 Soldiers, 40 Civilians In Northeast Nigeria Attacks by Rikidony(m): 8:11pm On Jun 14, 2020
Islamic terrorists killed at least 20 soldiers and more than 40 civilians and injured hundreds in twin attacks in northeast Nigeria’s Borno state on Saturday, residents and a civilian task force fighter said.

The attacks, in the Monguno and Nganzai local government areas, came just days after terrorists killed at least 69 people in a raid on a village in a third area, Gubio.

Two humanitarian workers and three residents told Reuters that terrorists armed with heavy weaponry including rocket launchers arrived in Monguno, a hub for international non-governmental organizations, at roughly 11 a.m. local time. They overran government forces, taking some casualties but killing at least 20 soldiers and roaming the area for three hours.

The sources said hundreds of civilians were injured in the crossfire, overwhelming the local hospital and forcing some of the injured to lay outside the facility awaiting help.

The sources said the terrorists also set fire to the local police station and burned down the United Nations’ humanitarian hub in the area, although a UN spokesperson said the facility sustained only light damage. Fighters distributed letters to residents, in the local Hausa language, warning them not to work with the military, white Christian westerners or other “non-believers”.

terrorists also entered Nganzai at about the same time on Saturday, according to two residents and one Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF) fighter. They arrived on motorcycles and in pickup trucks and killed more than 40 residents, the sources said.

A military spokesman did not answer calls for comment on the attacks. U.N. officials could not immediately be reached for comment.

Boko Haram and its offshoot, Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP), have killed thousands and displaced millions in northeastern Nigeria. ISWAP claimed the two Saturday attacks, and the Gubio attack.

https://m.hindustantimes.com/world-news/terrorists-kill-20-soldiers-40-civilians-in-northeast-nigeria-attacks/story-NqJZJUaAZZLQpZHlEitCQJ_amp.html
Re: Terrorists Kill 20 Soldiers, 40 Civilians In Northeast Nigeria Attacks by opportunes: 8:13pm On Jun 14, 2020
cry
Re: Terrorists Kill 20 Soldiers, 40 Civilians In Northeast Nigeria Attacks by Newcreature2020(m): 8:13pm On Jun 14, 2020
SAD
Re: Terrorists Kill 20 Soldiers, 40 Civilians In Northeast Nigeria Attacks by stonemasonn: 8:15pm On Jun 14, 2020
Speechless
Re: Terrorists Kill 20 Soldiers, 40 Civilians In Northeast Nigeria Attacks by WaveLion: 8:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
Monkey Republic. Going going.... Gone
Re: Terrorists Kill 20 Soldiers, 40 Civilians In Northeast Nigeria Attacks by IlovePMB: 8:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
Nigeria is doomed. Nothing is working.
Re: Terrorists Kill 20 Soldiers, 40 Civilians In Northeast Nigeria Attacks by Rikidony(m): 8:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
But according to Buhari, Boko Haram controls no part of Nigeria, which leads to the question, if Boko Haram controls no part of Nigeria, how then does this guys manage to move from village to village attacking innocent civilians and spending hours inflicting pains and destructions in villages without intervention from the security forces.

The successful raids by Boko Haram shows that there's absolutely no coordination or synergy between our armed forces (Army and Airforce).

lalasticala pls help move to FP, I need this questions answered.
Re: Terrorists Kill 20 Soldiers, 40 Civilians In Northeast Nigeria Attacks by Taywon: 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
The same terrorist u gave Amnesty....
Politics of deception

1 Like

Re: Terrorists Kill 20 Soldiers, 40 Civilians In Northeast Nigeria Attacks by SouthNigerian: 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hope this is not fake news? Cos we Nigerians believe with ease, news declaring Nigeria's decline.
Re: Terrorists Kill 20 Soldiers, 40 Civilians In Northeast Nigeria Attacks by Dabronze(m): 8:28pm On Jun 14, 2020
and someone told me that we president in Nigeria
Re: Terrorists Kill 20 Soldiers, 40 Civilians In Northeast Nigeria Attacks by SaintBishop: 8:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
Yenefer! embarassed
Re: Terrorists Kill 20 Soldiers, 40 Civilians In Northeast Nigeria Attacks by hisgrace090: 8:31pm On Jun 14, 2020
I thought buratai have taken over the fight from Chadian soldiers to prove Nigerian military power, rubbish country where everything moves backward.
Re: Terrorists Kill 20 Soldiers, 40 Civilians In Northeast Nigeria Attacks by EddyRex: 8:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
I can't wait for Buhari to experience more shock

1 Like

Re: Terrorists Kill 20 Soldiers, 40 Civilians In Northeast Nigeria Attacks by Ade3131: 9:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
I've gotten to a point where I no longer feel the pulse from hearing news of BH attacks on any part of Northeast. More like I've lost sympathy for our northern folks or developed thick skin. Why? you may ask...

Who are the killers? Their sons

Who are those being killed? Their people

Who are those leading the repelling army? Their very own father

Who's the one that's supposed to charge them to court? Their very own sarki yan'sanda

Who's the Chief Judge that's supposed to pass a judgement on them if they're charged to court? One of their alkali statesmen

Who's the president that grants them amnesty after they've been captured? Sinzu money, ijaya gbogbo wire wire, the onwa netirora of Ask Rock, gburugburu one of Daura.

Lemme stop here first. Why will I now be disturbing myself for those guys when they'll still be the one to queue up at 2am at different polling boot up north to vote in their own. Tribal and religious sentiment is always at the core of their choice making.

RIP to the dead but my sympathy for those folks from that part of the world has waxed off. We're used to the news now....Next headline plz

2 Likes

Re: Terrorists Kill 20 Soldiers, 40 Civilians In Northeast Nigeria Attacks by sonofjah55: 9:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
Dis tin tire man
Re: Terrorists Kill 20 Soldiers, 40 Civilians In Northeast Nigeria Attacks by Tranquillity360: 9:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
Offline country.
Re: Terrorists Kill 20 Soldiers, 40 Civilians In Northeast Nigeria Attacks by Jostoman: 10:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
But they said that our gallant soldiers repelled the attack now. we lost about 70 villagers on Tuesday, a traditional ruler in katsina on Friday, and yesterday we lost A whole 20 gallant soldiers and 40 villagers. Now you know the reason why they are giving you and I the propaganda of shooting in aso rock.
Re: Terrorists Kill 20 Soldiers, 40 Civilians In Northeast Nigeria Attacks by slivertongue: 11:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
Nigerian soldier's don suffer for GMB hand
Re: Terrorists Kill 20 Soldiers, 40 Civilians In Northeast Nigeria Attacks by limeta(f): 11:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
Chad pls chad

1 Like

Re: Terrorists Kill 20 Soldiers, 40 Civilians In Northeast Nigeria Attacks by SWORD419(m): 1:11am On Jun 15, 2020
This is a vicious lie, i have a relative there, he told me the airforce destroyed 5 gun trucks and captured 8!!! They killed more than 60 insurgents

(1) (Reply)

Edo APC Leaders Will Move To Any Party Obaseki Joins - Idahosa / . / Nigerians Are Suffering, Jega, Onaiyekan Tell Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.