Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

The Ijesa State. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Ijesa State. (2443 Views)

History Of Erin-Ijesa / Iwori Ijesa / Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ijesa State. by Caleb15(m): 11:22am On Apr 29, 2023
Nigeria is in a polygamy marriage were you see a state speak a language and the capital speaking a different language
Re: The Ijesa State. by nisai: 1:17pm On Apr 29, 2023
scholes0:
Oga Akure was never Ijesha what are you saying sef.

Ijesha should get their lands taken by the Ibadans in Iresi, Igbajo, Ada ad the rest back and leave the Ekiti kingdom of Akure alone.
grin grin l thought as much.
Re: The Ijesa State. by Olu317(m): 4:28pm On Apr 29, 2023
ToInfinity7777:
Pls Stop this argument. I'll contribute my little as an Akure prince. For the records, Owa of Ijesha doesn't give Akure any crown, Akure crown was brought from Ile-Ife, it was just the name, 'Deji' that was adopted as the title.
Although right now, Akure is Akure, but the fact is we're more of Ekiti than any Yoruba subgroup. Akure royal house is related maternally to Ijesha rulling house, and nothing more.
A little digression. Are you familiar with the Head queen of the past Oba Adesida and her children ?
Re: The Ijesa State. by lawani: 5:11pm On Apr 29, 2023
ToInfinity7777:

Yes! Anything is possible, we can merge in the future. The only problem I'm having here is the word 'greater Ijesha', that will naturally accumulate Akure into Ijesha which they're not. We can only form alliance in the future, but not part of greater Ijesha.

What do you then think is best to call the potential union seeing that the traditional title is already Ijesa in origin?.
Re: The Ijesa State. by lawani: 5:15pm On Apr 29, 2023
ToInfinity7777:
Pls Stop this argument. I'll contribute my little as an Akure prince. For the records, Owa of Ijesha doesn't give Akure any crown, Akure crown was brought from Ile-Ife, it was just the name, 'Deji' that was adopted as the title.
Although right now, Akure is Akure, but the fact is we're more of Ekiti than any Yoruba subgroup. Akure royal house is related maternally to Ijesha rulling house, and nothing more.

Ekiti are not one people. How is Akure more Ekiti than Ijesa?. Akure speak more or less the same dialect as Ijesa and the Monarch's title is Ijesa in origin. Why then do you think they will choose Ado Ekiti over Ijesa?. I don't think they will do that but let us wait and see.
Re: The Ijesa State. by Nobody: 9:22am On May 01, 2023
illicit:

When Atakunmosa gave the Deji a diadem, he was still a toddler, a prince, he hasn't become a king then

That was why he was named Owafadeji, that was his personal name.
When he became king, he became Deji of Akure and it became a title ever since

Other than that, Akure has nothing in common with Ilesha

The previous Kings has crowns, what owa gave deji wasn't a crown per se, it was a diadem, like a toy given to a child to pacify him

The Ogoga in Ikere Ekiti is a brother to one Deji, there is a room in Dejis palace called Ogogas room.
Asodeboyede founded Akure and he has no ties with Ilesha, he came from Ife on a hunting expedition

The one and only king in Akure that had maternal ties with Ilesha is the Owafadeji

Akure never paid tribute to Ilesha at any time

Akure is more Ekiti than Benin

Most original Ekiti people are aboriginals

They existed before Ife

I support your notion that Akure is Ekiti and Ekitis are aboriginal. Close to Akure at Isarun, we have the cave of ashes where the oldest human remains in West Africa were discovered, dating back to 9,000 BC.

1 Like

Re: The Ijesa State. by illicit(m): 10:02am On May 01, 2023
atmy1:

I support your notion that Akure is Ekiti and Ekitis are aboriginal. Close to Akure at Isarun, we have the cave of ashes where the oldest human remains in West Africa were discovered, dating back to 9,000 BC.

Thank u

I know that cave, it was discovered by Obele
I was born and raised in Akure, I am Ekiti
Re: The Ijesa State. by illicit(m): 10:08am On May 01, 2023
lawani:

Ekiti are not one people. How is Akure more Ekiti than Ijesa?. Akure speak more or less the same dialect as Ijesa and the Monarch's title is Ijesa in origin. Why then do you think they will choose Ado Ekiti over Ijesa?. I don't think they will do that but let us wait and see.

Lol Akure dialect is Ekitish

How is Akure dialect Ilesha? Lol

Have u even been to Akure,

Dont u know that Iju and itaogbolu are part and parcel of Akure and they border Ikere Ekiti

It was the govt that separated them, they are just metres apart
Re: The Ijesa State. by lawani: 11:36am On May 01, 2023
illicit:

Lol Akure dialect is Ekitish

How is Akure dialect Ilesha? Lol

Have u even been to Akure,

Dont u know that Iju and itaogbolu are part and parcel of Akure and they border Ikere Ekiti

It was the govt that separated them, they are just metres apart

Even Ijesa dialect is Ekitish. If only for the Ijesa origin of the Deji title, Akure can be considered as more Ijesa than Ekiti. I don't see Akure agreeing to join Ekiti. They are likely to prefer independence or join Ijesa if only because of the origin of the Deji title.
Re: The Ijesa State. by lx3as(m): 4:10pm On May 22, 2023
lawani:

Before being annexed by Benin, Akure was under Ijesa and the first Deji was the grandson of the legendary Owa Atakunmosa. The full meaning of Deji is Owafadeji meaning The Owa gifted him a crown. The Benin invasion was repelled at Ikeji ile Ijesa but they remained in control of Akure before Akure was able to turn the table against the Benin. Akure ended up making Benin its tributary later. You can say Akure has come to their own but their monarchy and crown was originally Ijesa. No debate about that. I think it is better they revert to what they were before the Benin invasion which is Ijesa. Efon Alaaye for instance speak exactly the same language as Ijesa but the Alaaye crown is not an Ijesa crown unless they choose to join because of proximity. Secondly, if you say Akure is more of Ekiti, you can as well say the whole of Ijesa should identify as Ekiti. Ekiti is not one and if there is a Yoruba nation, Ekiti is likely to split and that should be encouraged. They are not under any one umbrella and even fifty thousand people can make a sovereign nation not to talk of a federating unit
I now understand you understand nothing to little about Akure and Ekiti. You can as well say Igbara Oke which is in Ondo and Igbara Odo which is in Ekiti are Ìjèsàs.
Re: The Ijesa State. by lawani: 6:13pm On May 22, 2023
lx3as:
I now understand you understand nothing to little about Akure and Ekiti. You can as well say Igbara Oke which is in Ondo and Igbara Odo which is in Ekiti are Ìjèsàs.

But they have nothing in common historically that make them associated with Ijesa history as is the case with Akure. The Deji of Akure title is Ijesa in origin and the dialects are also more or less the same. For instance, Efon Alaaye speak the same exact dialect with Ijesa but are not historically associated with the Ijesa apart from being neighbors. However the Efon are not more associated with the rest of Ekiti state than they are to the Ijesa. Ekiti is not one unit.
Re: The Ijesa State. by Olu317(m): 9:20pm On May 22, 2023
lawani:

But they have nothing in common historically that make them associated with Ijesa history as is the case with Akure. The Deji of Akure title is Ijesa in origin and the dialects are also more or less the same. For instance, Efon Alaaye speak the same exact dialect with Ijesa but are not historically associated with the Ijesa apart from being neighbors. However the Efon are not more associated with the rest of Ekiti state than they are to the Ijesa. Ekiti is not one unit.
You are muddling Yoruba history up!

Efon Alaaye was created by Obalufon Alayemore when he abdicated the throne for Oranmiyan,when the latter came back from sojourning to reign as Ooni . Although Obalufon Alaayemore returned back to reign for second time after Oranmiyan.

Obalufon Alaayemore relocated to Efon Alaaye with supporters and founded the town. So, do not align Ijesha with Efon Alaaye's historical setup history.

Finally,I agree with you that Ekiti for sure are of different ancestry but are related whole heartedly. Most alarming is the Ora ife and Obatala descendants more in Ekiti than what people not know.
Re: The Ijesa State. by ToInfinity7777: 10:39pm On May 22, 2023
lawani:

Even Ijesa dialect is Ekitish. If only for the Ijesa origin of the Deji title, Akure can be considered as more Ijesa than Ekiti. I don't see Akure agreeing to join Ekiti. They are likely to prefer independence or join Ijesa if only because of the origin of the Deji title.
Which kind wahala be this one like this? How will Akure join Ijesha, Akure is far more developed than the so called Ijeshas cities/town. But if Akure is to choose today sha, it'll be Ekiti. Akure and Ekiti is similar in everything than Ijesha, be it language, culture, food, entertainment, etc.
I'm an Akure man 100%, and you can't know Akure than me. We see Ekiti as our brothers and sisters, in fact, I can say we are one!!!
Re: The Ijesa State. by ToInfinity7777: 10:49pm On May 22, 2023
lawani:

That the title 'Deji' is of Ijesha origin doesn't conote anything, it's just the name. The kingship is not of Ijesha origin. Abi if I married an Ijesha lady today as an Akure man, and she gave birth to a boy, and my in-laws gave him a name, and I love the name too by naming my child the name, does that mean my child is automatically an Ijesha by origin?

AKURE AND IJESHA NO BE THE SAME OO

2 Likes

Re: The Ijesa State. by ADEGUNWA01: 10:21pm On Jul 22, 2023
scholes0:
Oga Akure was never Ijesha what are you saying sef.

Ijesha should get their lands taken by the Ibadans in Iresi, Igbajo, Ada ad the rest back and leave the Ekiti kingdom of Akure aulone.

Mr Man akure is not ekiti Kingdom pls, just like that ijesa man is trying to force akure to be part of his ijesa which is not possible
Owa obokun will not even say akure is ijesa, the whole of akure as of today is bigger than the whole of ijesa land so if we want to have a so called state with ijesa due to land akure should embrace ijesa.

Akure was never part of ur Ekiti go and read the first historical book about akure written in yoruba by Pa Atandare a man born around 1890s said akure kin se ekiti ra ati ra. The British only merged akure with ekiti because of administrative convenience not more nothing less and in 1946 wen akure separate from the British they realized it was an error to merged akure with ekiti, I know this because I'm a prince and I grow up in the Deji's palace so I have those documents in the palace archive. Akure is Akure not Ekiti abeg. The present akure is the second biggest or largest after Ibadan.
Re: The Ijesa State. by ADEGUNWA01: 10:23pm On Jul 22, 2023
illicit:

Thank u

I know that cave, it was discovered by Obele
I was born and raised in Akure, I am Ekiti

You are ekiti that is why u said akure is ekiti who told u that nonsense. Read my post akure don't have anything to do with u ppl of ekiti only the British merged us together b4 then we aren't and we aren't Ekiti after pls. Ekiti u ppl should know urslf and stop adding akure as part of u pls
Re: The Ijesa State. by ADEGUNWA01: 10:26pm On Jul 22, 2023
ToInfinity7777:

Which kind wahala be this one like this? How will Akure join Ijesha, Akure is far more developed than the so called Ijeshas cities/town. But if Akure is to choose today sha, it'll be Ekiti. Akure and Ekiti is similar in everything than Ijesha, be it language, culture, food, entertainment, etc.
I'm an Akure man 100%, and you can't know Akure than me. We see Ekiti as our brothers and sisters, in fact, I can say we are one!!!
Re: The Ijesa State. by ADEGUNWA01: 10:26pm On Jul 22, 2023
ToInfinity7777:

Mr Man akure is not ekiti Kingdom pls, just like that ijesa man is trying to force akure to be part of his ijesa which is not possible
Owa obokun will not even say akure is ijesa, the whole of akure as of today is bigger than the whole of ijesa land so if we want to have a so called state with ijesa due to land akure should embrace ijesa.

Akure was never part of ur Ekiti go and read the first historical book about akure written in yoruba by Pa Atandare a man born around 1890s said akure kin se ekiti ra ati ra. The British only merged akure with ekiti because of administrative convenience not more nothing less and in 1946 wen akure separate from the British they realized it was an error to merged akure with ekiti, I know this because I'm a prince and I grow up in the Deji's palace so I have those documents in the palace archive. Akure is Akure not Ekiti abeg. The present akure is the second biggest or largest after Ibadan.
Re: The Ijesa State. by lawani: 11:06pm On Jul 22, 2023
Akure is not Ijesa but it was apparently Ijesa before Benin overran the place in the 16th century. They were driven back at Ikeji ile ijesa. Akure became big on its own overtime and even reduced Benin to tributary status at a point. Akure is Akure because they matured on their own and have independent history but they are closest to Ijesa as the royal title is of Ijesa origin. If not for the Benin incursion, they would have been an Ijesa town like Owena or Ipetu Ijesa. Then Akure land mass is small and their citizens excluding strangers on the land can not be more than one tenth of Ijesa population if up to that. Their indigenes can't be more than Ipetu Ijesa indigene in population if up to. It is just that Ipetu is not fortunate to be big. Akure is far from having more indigenes than Ijesa. Even Lagos does not, if not for the influx of people into Lagos. However Akure itself is now a big city but full of non indigenes similar to Osogbo. Osogbo became Oyo speaking when Ibadan drove back Ilorin jihadists from there but the royalty is Ijesa and they still have a lot of Ijesa identity in the town and all the surrounding towns are Ijesa in identity. In a Yoruba country, Ijesa state should border Ede with Osogbo as part of it as I don't see how else it can go. All of Otan Ayegbaju and other adjoining towns identify as Ijesa and are greeted as such but they are not among Ijesa 6 LGs. Osogbo monarchy is still more easily alignable with Ijesa than Akure because Akure has had a separate identity under Benin for centuries while Osogbo became Oyo speaking only recently in the 1840s. However Akure dialect is still more or less Ijesa. A big Ijesa state to capture all would be nice but while the Ataoja Osogbo will not dispute being omo Owa not different from Ogboni Ibokun, Ipole etc, the Deji of Akure may not totally agree but the first Deji was also a grandson of Owa Atakunmosa who reigned at Ilesa. The first Ataoja was born by an Owa that reigned at Ipole before the capital was moved to Ilesa. The Ijebu will most probably add their lands together in Ogun and Lagos and there is no reason Ijesa should not do the same. Osogbo and Akure are however not indigenous cities like Ilesa, Oyo, Ogbomosho etc. They are more like Lagos. A state comprising of Ilesa Osogbo and Akure would be a force to reckon with. Owa Obokun will be chairman traditional council while other kings receive money lesser than him according to how prosperous their domain is.

Ogbomosho is second largest after Ibadan and Abeokuta should be next after Ogbomosho who is next after that is what I am not sure of, it may be Ilorin but Ijesa as a whole is more than Ilorin
Re: The Ijesa State. by scholes0(m): 1:50pm On Jul 25, 2023
The way people write whatever they so please on this app , eeeh! grin
Re: The Ijesa State. by ToInfinity7777: 9:49am On Sep 11, 2023
lawani:
Akure is not Ijesa but it was apparently Ijesa before Benin overran the place in the 16th century. They were driven back at Ikeji ile ijesa. Akure became big on its own overtime and even reduced Benin to tributary status at a point. Akure is Akure because they matured on their own and have independent history but they are closest to Ijesa as the royal title is of Ijesa origin. If not for the Benin incursion, they would have been an Ijesa town like Owena or Ipetu Ijesa. Then Akure land mass is small and their citizens excluding strangers on the land can not be more than one tenth of Ijesa population if up to that. Their indigenes can't be more than Ipetu Ijesa indigene in population if up to. It is just that Ipetu is not fortunate to be big. Akure is far from having more indigenes than Ijesa. Even Lagos does not, if not for the influx of people into Lagos. However Akure itself is now a big city but full of non indigenes similar to Osogbo. Osogbo became Oyo speaking when Ibadan drove back Ilorin jihadists from there but the royalty is Ijesa and they still have a lot of Ijesa identity in the town and all the surrounding towns are Ijesa in identity. In a Yoruba country, Ijesa state should border Ede with Osogbo as part of it as I don't see how else it can go. All of Otan Ayegbaju and other adjoining towns identify as Ijesa and are greeted as such but they are not among Ijesa 6 LGs. Osogbo monarchy is still more easily alignable with Ijesa than Akure because Akure has had a separate identity under Benin for centuries while Osogbo became Oyo speaking only recently in the 1840s. However Akure dialect is still more or less Ijesa. A big Ijesa state to capture all would be nice but while the Ataoja Osogbo will not dispute being omo Owa not different from Ogboni Ibokun, Ipole etc, the Deji of Akure may not totally agree but the first Deji was also a grandson of Owa Atakunmosa who reigned at Ilesa. The first Ataoja was born by an Owa that reigned at Ipole before the capital was moved to Ilesa. The Ijebu will most probably add their lands together in Ogun and Lagos and there is no reason Ijesa should not do the same. Osogbo and Akure are however not indigenous cities like Ilesa, Oyo, Ogbomosho etc. They are more like Lagos. A state comprising of Ilesa Osogbo and Akure would be a force to reckon with. Owa Obokun will be chairman traditional council while other kings receive money lesser than him according to how prosperous their domain is.

Ogbomosho is second largest after Ibadan and Abeokuta should be next after Ogbomosho who is next after that is what I am not sure of, it may be Ilorin but Ijesa as a whole is more than Ilorin
See! Akure is not Ijesha, Akure was founded by Oduduwa grandson, and it's very ancient. Ijesha only came in later when the then Akure king married the Ijesha king's daughter, and the king love the name Ijesha king gave his son, which is Deji.
Akure and Ijesha were just in-laws then, nothing more. Akure has always survived on her own, the town was once invaded by Benin, but still survived it and fought for her independence. Akure will always be Akure on its own, forever.
Akure will always be a subgroup of the Yoruba race, just like Oyo, Ekiti, ijebu, Ijesha, Ilaje, etc
Re: The Ijesa State. by lawani: 10:03am On Sep 11, 2023
ToInfinity7777:

See! Akure is not Ijesha, Akure was founded by Oduduwa grandson, and it's very ancient. Ijesha only came in later when the then Akure king married the Ijesha king's daughter, and the king love the name Ijesha king gave his son, which is Deji.
Akure and Ijesha were just in-laws then, nothing more. Akure has always survived on her own, the town was once invaded by Benin, but still survived it and fought for her independence. Akure will always be Akure on its own, forever.
Akure will always be a subgroup of the Yoruba race, just like Oyo, Ekiti, ijebu, Ijesha, Ilaje, etc

Yes Akure is not Ijesha but the origin of the Deji title is Ijesha and Akure obviously would have been Ijesa if not because of the Benin incursion into that territory which was pushed back at Ikeji ile Ijesa. If Ikeji ile was occupied in the sixteenth century as well, then it would not be Ijesa today just like Akure is not. If not because of states created by the military there would be an Ijesa state and many towns in Ekiti state and Ondo will align their lands under that state and accept Ijesa destiny.
Re: The Ijesa State. by ToInfinity7777: 12:04pm On Sep 11, 2023
lawani:

Yes Akure is not Ijesha but the origin of the Deji title is Ijesha and Akure obviously would have been Ijesa if not because of the Benin incursion into that territory which was pushed back at Ikeji ile Ijesa. If Ikeji ile was occupied in the sixteenth century as well, then it would not be Ijesa today just like Akure is not. If not because of states created by the military there would be an Ijesa state and many towns in Ekiti state and Ondo will align their lands under that state and accept Ijesa destiny.
The point is even before Benin incursion
, Akure was never part of Ijesha, Ijesha is just Akure neighbour, just like the Owo, Ondo, and Ekiti are all our neighbors. And that's why during the Ekiti parapo war, which also involved Ijesha solders, Akure was just chilling, although Akure rendered little assistant then, because there was a war camp in Iju/Itaogbolu. But the war doesn't involve Akure in any way.
All been said, Akure is more closer to Ekiti than anyone, be it in culture, food, music, art, etc, but still they can never say Akure should be part of them.
Re: The Ijesa State. by ToInfinity7777: 12:14pm On Sep 11, 2023
lawani:

Re: The Ijesa State. by lawani: 12:39pm On Sep 11, 2023
ToInfinity7777:

The point is even before Benin incursion
, Akure was never part of Ijesha, Ijesha is just Akure neighbour, just like the Owo, Ondo, and Ekiti are all our neighbors. And that's why during the Ekiti parapo war, which also involved Ijesha solders, Akure was just chilling, although Akure rendered little assistant then, because there was a war camp in Iju/Itaogbolu. But the war doesn't involve Akure in any way.
All been said, Akure is more closer to Ekiti than anyone, be it in culture, food, music, art, etc, but still they can never say Akure should be part of them.

All Ekiti is not one. Is Akure closer to Ado Ekiti more than Ijesa in any way?. Is Okemesi Ekiti more Ekiti than Ijesa in any way? The location of the Fejeboju war was there and Fabunmi Okemesi that ignited the Kiriji war was from there and he will definitely align with Ijesa than with any other identity. They see themselves as more of Ijesa. Efon Alaaye speaks exactly the same dialect as Ijesa. A large part of Ekiti and Ondo see themselves more as Ijesa than any other identity in those two states. When they are free to choose you will realize this fact.
Re: The Ijesa State. by ToInfinity7777: 3:10pm On Sep 11, 2023
lawani:

All Ekiti is not one. Is Akure closer to Ado Ekiti more than Ijesa in any way?. Is Okemesi Ekiti more Ekiti than Ijesa in any way? The location of the Fejeboju war was there and Fabunmi Okemesi that ignited the Kiriji war was from there and he will definitely align with Ijesa than with any other identity. They see themselves as more of Ijesa. Efon Alaaye speaks exactly the same dialect as Ijesa. A large part of Ekiti and Ondo see themselves more as Ijesa than any other identity in those two states. When they are free to choose you will realize this fact.
In Ondo state, we have these Yoruba subgroup, Ilaje, Akure, Ondo, Akoko, Ikale, Owo, Apoi. Which one of these sees themselves as larger Ijesha? I'm Akure myself both parternal and Marternal. I know the whole story how we came from Ile-Ife down to Akure. Ijesha and Akure is related through Oduduwa our projenitor, that means on a larger part both Ijesha and Akure is part of larger Ile-Ife, because that's our source, but that Akure is Ijesha, No no no!
Re: The Ijesa State. by lawani: 3:28pm On Sep 11, 2023
ToInfinity7777:

In Ondo state, we have these Yoruba subgroup, Ilaje, Akure, Ondo, Akoko, Ikale, Owo, Apoi. Which one of these sees themselves as larger Ijesha? I'm Akure myself both parternal and Marternal. I know the whole story how we came from Ile-Ife down to Akure. Ijesha and Akure is related through Oduduwa our projenitor, that means on a larger part both Ijesha and Akure is part of larger Ile-Ife, because that's our source, but that Akure is Ijesha, No no no!
The ones nearer to Ijesa of course. Would you say Akure is more similar to Owo, Ilaje or Akoko than to Ijesa?. However they can stay on their own since they have been independent but if they have to choose all those areas near Ijesa in Ekiti and Ondo will choose Ijesa over Owo or Ado Ekiti of course. The majority of people in Okemesi would be Ijesa and the Ekiti appellation is referring to terrain not any national union. What Akure share with Ijesa is origin of title of the monarch which shows more or less that the Owa Obokun was much respected in Akure before the Benin invasion or are you disputing that. However Akure that has fought wars of independence severally is equipped to be an independent entity and the king has his style descended from Ijesa while other attributes may be descended from other places. In the case of Osogbo, the first Ataoja was someone qualified to be Owa obokun though the first Deji was also qualified since his mother was qualified and ten percent of Ijesa monarchs were women.
No matter how small a state, they can be independent or ally as they wish
Re: The Ijesa State. by ToInfinity7777: 5:28pm On Sep 11, 2023
lawani:

The ones nearer to Ijesa of course. Would you say Akure is more similar to Owo, Ilaje or Akoko than to Ijesa?. However they can stay on their own since they have been independent but if they have to choose all those areas near Ijesa in Ekiti and Ondo will choose Ijesa over Owo or Ado Ekiti of course. The majority of people in Okemesi would be Ijesa and the Ekiti appellation is referring to terrain not any national union. What Akure share with Ijesa is origin of title of the monarch which shows more or less that the Owa Obokun was much respected in Akure before the Benin invasion or are you disputing that. However Akure that has fought wars of independence severally is equipped to be an independent entity and the king has his style descended from Ijesa while other attributes may be descended from other places. In the case of Osogbo, the first Ataoja was someone qualified to be Owa obokun though the first Deji was also qualified since his mother was qualified and ten percent of Ijesa monarchs were women.
No matter how small a state, they can be independent or ally as they wish
This argument can never stop jare, but the real thing is that we're all Yoruba, no matter where we're from in Yoruba land, we should work for the progress of our land
Re: The Ijesa State. by lawani: 6:01pm On Sep 11, 2023
ToInfinity7777:

This argument can never stop jare, but the real thing is that we're all Yoruba, no matter where we're from in Yoruba land, we should work for the progress of our land

Yes of course but there are also traditional states with different birth odus and different national identities just like siblings of the same parents are different from each other. Any land that goes under Ibadan or Ijesa will be ruled on the overall by their birth ODU but the one that birthed their particular town will still be relevant. For example Ose meji birthed Ibadan, Iwori Irosun birthed Ijesa Ogunda Irete birthed Lagos Island or Eko ile. Odi Irete birthed Osogbo, Okanran Iwori birthed Ilorin. Obara Otura birthed Iwo Osa Irete birthed Ede and these signs are like horoscope signs and if you believe horoscope signs are relevant then these ones are also relevant. They define the basic character of the nation but success ultimately depends on the leadership. For example, two wise people can have varied interests and that will determine the areas they will succeed in. If one good and one evil person are born under Irete meji both of them will always have their way but one will end in ruins and another in resounding success. So the birth odus are important as a guide and immediately you align under a sub nation then you are under their ODU as you identify as them and are greeted as them
Re: The Ijesa State. by GentleOmoge(f): 5:25pm On Sep 14, 2023
Whois:
The palace of owa obokun in ibokun is opposite my family house but still yet I don't know much about my town shocked.

Really
What's your family name in ibokun

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tribal marks and female circumcision at "gun point" / 5 Reasons An American Loves Nigeria. / First Nudist Beach Approved In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.