Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Is God In Form Of Man Or Woman - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God In Form Of Man Or Woman (1612 Views)

3-year-old Praise, Israel Ezekiel's Daughter Kneels As She Worships God In Kenya / The Church Of GOD In Nigeria Is Not The Government Of Nigeria - Nneka Okumazie / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is God In Form Of Man Or Woman by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 10, 2020
Manoah"s wife, the mother of Samson comes to mind here
MuttleyLaff:
Dont mind the clowns talking out of turns ojaare. Angel Gabriel visited Mary to directly announce the coming birth of Yahushua Ha Mashsiach, but when it was Joseph turn to be informed about it, it was only done in a dream to him. Now, tell who is regarded more, hmm, lmao?

1 Like

Re: Is God In Form Of Man Or Woman by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 10, 2020
Queenttoast01:

I hear you sad Childbearing alone is a critical problem.
Remember Prophetss Deborah too, women are braver than men when challenge comes.
braveness is not gender base, women are equipped to bear children but men are not.
Is this about gender supremacy?

1 Like

Re: Is God In Form Of Man Or Woman by MuttleyLaff: 8:23pm On May 10, 2020
solite3:
undecidedMaybe you should write your own bible of a genderless god.
You are in serious delusion
God is genderless, just the same way mother earth is genderless, same way fatherland is genderless. They have masculine and feminine characters/traits/behaviours/qualities/attributes but sexually speaking they are neither male or female

God chose the third person male pronouns to have us address Him. Had it been that it is third person female pronouns that the scripture uses, then that would have ben what we would and/or will use for Him.

The serious delusion with all due respect, is at your door step and its all down to you being close and/or narrow minded
Re: Is God In Form Of Man Or Woman by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 10, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
God is genderless, just the same way mother earth is genderless, same way fatherland is genderless. They have masculine and feminine characters/traits/behaviours/qualities/attributes but sexually speaking they are neither male or female

God chose the third person male pronouns to have us address Him. Had it been that it is third person female pronouns that the scripture uses, then that would have ben what we would and/or will use for Him.

The serious delusion with all due respect, is at your door step and its all down to you being close and/or narrow minded
What are you barking at?
Did I say God is human? Is it only humans that have gender?
God reveal what he is, and he is a 'He' simple, why does it bite you so hard? See, that God is masculine does not mean he is human but he is not a genderless God like you imagined.
You cant compare God to earth, or non living things. The feminine or masculine tag was attached to non living things by humans but God is not so, he revealed himself as a masculine being and He is because he is true.
Learn to comprehend before quoting.
Re: Is God In Form Of Man Or Woman by MuttleyLaff: 10:30pm On May 10, 2020
solite3:
What are you barking at?
[img]https://media./images/e3544b8117d3ecbb0cb8751f1ce0ff71/tenor.gif[/img]
Barking die right there

solite3:
Did I say God is human? Is it only humans that have gender?.
Let me ask the following questions
1/ Does God have feminine characters/traits/behaviours/qualities/attributes or not?
2/ Genesis 1:27- So God created man (i.e. mankind) in His own image, in the image of God, He created him, male and female He created them
What qualities do females possess?

solite3:
God reveal what he is, and he is a 'He' simple, why does it bite you so hard? See, that God is masculine does not mean he is human but he is not a genderless God like you imagined..
God has male and feminine characters/traits/behaviours/qualities/attributes, it does not mean He has gender or He is gendered. God is genderless

There are characters/traits/behaviours/qualities/attributes about God that men more directly project and there equally are characters/traits/behaviours/qualities/attributes about God that women uniquely and more directly project

solite3:
You cant compare God to earth, or non living things. The feminine or masculine tag was attached to non living things by humans but God is not so, he revealed himself as a masculine being and He is because he is true.
Learn to comprehend before quoting.
I used the earth to explain and make you see how third person pronouns are used for every other object. It was not with any negative comparison in mind. I used the earth to try explain to you that though third person pronouns are used for the earth it doesnt mean the earth is gendered, the same manner is not gendered. What is that difficult to understand in that, erhn?

Listen, mister man, the only reason why third person pronouns are used by God is because we live in a patriarchal world, a world since the fall of man from grace controlled and ruled by men. Besides that solite3, fyi, when we call God, Father, it is not because God is male or He is like hunanly earth fathers, but rather it is because that God wants to relate to us like a responsible, protective, caring, providing, leading etcetera human earth father does but on a superior, higher, divine and heavenly terms
Re: Is God In Form Of Man Or Woman by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 11, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://media./images/e3544b8117d3ecbb0cb8751f1ce0ff71/tenor.gif[/img]
Barking die right there

1/ Does God have feminine characters/traits/behaviours/qualities/attributes or not?
2/ Genesis 1:27- So God created man (i.e. mankind) in His own image, in the image of God, He created him, male and female He created them
What qualities do females possess?

God has male and feminine characters/traits/behaviours/qualities/attributes, it does not mean He has gender or He is gendered. God is genderless

There are characters/traits/behaviours/qualities/attributes about God that men more directly project and there equally are characters/traits/behaviours/qualities/attributes about God that women uniquely and more directly project

I used the earth to explain and make you see how third person pronouns are used for every other object. It was not with any negative comparison in mind. I used the earth to try explain to you that though third person pronouns are used for the earth it doesnt mean the earth is gendered, the same manner is not gendered. What is that difficult to understand in that, erhn?

Listen, mister man, the only reason why third person pronouns are used by God is because we live in a patriarchal world, a world since the fall of man from grace controlled and ruled by men. Besides that solite3, fyi, when we call God, Father, it is not because God is male or He is like hunanly earth fathers, but rather it is because that God wants to relate to us like a responsible, protective, caring, providing, leading etcetera human earth father does but on a superior, higher, divine and heavenly terms
I dont have time for a heretic like you.
I know you are a so called liberal Christian, look it is either you believe the bible is God's inerrant word or not.
You are saying God's revelation about himself is a product of man's dictate? God have mercy on you.
You are lost!
Re: Is God In Form Of Man Or Woman by MuttleyLaff: 10:21pm On May 11, 2020
solite3:
I dont have time for a heretic like you.
I know you are a so called liberal Christian, look it is either you believe the bible is God's inerrant word or not.
You are saying God's revelation about himself is a product of man's dictate? God have mercy on you.
You are lost!
[img]https://s5/images/MuttleyLaffSLJackonStare.gif[/img]
You dont define who I am? Sogbo?

Now, this has to be one of the biggest pile of stinking garbage I've ever in a long time read on the Religion forum. I am not surprised, it is coming from you. You afterall are a grounded turkey while I am a soaring in the air eagle. Besides, you've always been known to be an accuser of the brethren. Fyi, I am saying you're narrow minded and that you have a dim view of who and what God is. May God be merciful with you.

Something tells me you dont want to face the truth & fact(s) that God possesses feminine characters/traits/behaviours/qualities/attributes and so is why you dodged answering the questions I earlier asked you but have now repeated them below:
2/ If Genesis 1:27 says: So God created man (i.e. mankind) in His own image, in the image of God, He created him, male and female He created them. Please tell what qualities do females possess?
Re: Is God In Form Of Man Or Woman by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 11, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s5/images/MuttleyLaffSLJackonStare.gif[/img]
You dont define who I am? Sogbo?

Now, this has to be one of the biggest pile of stealing garbage I've ever in a long time thread on this forum, I am not surprised it is coming from you. You afterall are a grounded turkey while I am a soaring in the air eagle. You've always been known to be an accuser of the brethren.

I am saying you're narrow minded and that you have a dim view of who and what God is

Something tells me you dont want to face the truth & fact(s) that God possesses feminine characters/traits/behaviours/qualities/attributes. This is why you've dodged answered the earlier questions repeated below:
2/ If Genesis 1:27 says: So God created man (i.e. mankind) in His own image, in the image of God, He created him, male and female He created them. Please tell what qualities do females possess?
I just pray that you come to the knowledge of the truth in Christ.
Re: Is God In Form Of Man Or Woman by MuttleyLaff: 10:32pm On May 11, 2020
solite3:
I just pray that you come to the knowledge of the truth in Christ.
"Kòlé yé wọ̀n. Yí ò yé wọ̀n toba tọ́la" loosely translated means "He's hasnt a clue, I hope he'll clue up soon or tomorrow"
Re: Is God In Form Of Man Or Woman by Nobody: 7:59am On May 13, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"Kòlé yé wọ̀n. Yí ò yé wọ̀n toba tọ́la" loosely translated means "He's hasnt a clue, I hope he'll clue up soon or tomorrow"
look not that I mean God in essence has gender but rather He revealed himself as masculine rather than feminine and it has nothing to do human do with human society.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why ISIS, Boko Haram Are The Only True Muslims / Why Does Yah Care If We Worship Him Or Not..is It His Ego / New Names Of Jehovah(please Be Free To Add Yours)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.