Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

How Would You Rate The NCDC And Nigeria's Response To The COVID19 Pandemic? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Would You Rate The NCDC And Nigeria's Response To The COVID19 Pandemic? (249 Views)

Reno’s Open Letter To Baroness Cox And Her Co-signers In Response To Garba Shehu / Mouka Adds Comfort To Lives Of Its Consumers During The Covid19 Pandemic / Truth About Covid-19 Pandemic And The NCDC Support System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Would You Rate The NCDC And Nigeria's Response To The COVID19 Pandemic? by bimades(f): 4:06pm On May 09, 2020
The NCDC as well as essential workers especially in the health sector have been on frontline duty combatting the virus across the country with the support of the Nigerian federal government as well as notable individuals across the country.
However the cases which were initially increasing in Tens of numbers daily have now been noticeably increasing in Hundreds of numbers daily with Lagos alone recording over a Hundred cases on most days. This is not the worst we have seen of the virus on a global scale, but Nigerians are definitely not satisfied with the geometric increase in the number of COVID19 cases confirmed daily. Most people who can afford to, had to continue their self-quarantine and kept staying indoor out of fear of being contaminated with virus as well as the fear of a possible or pretty much certain increase in infected people owing to the lifting of the 5 (five) week long lockdown . As much as people would have loved for the lockdown to go on till the Corona Virus is totally subdued. A large number of Nigerians depend fully on daily hustle and daily income hence were financially destabilised throughout the lockdown period, also a lot of businesses were crippled and most people could not actually work from home and some even lost their jobs. Amidst all of these there was no form of palliative or aids from the government, I would have loved to say there was little palliative by the government but then a cup of Rice or a tiny Loaf of Bread for an entire Apartment to feed on for 5 weeks doesn’t quite cut it for me.
Now the issue is, some people are of the opinion that the number of confirmed COVID19 cases as well as deaths published by the NCDC daily are quite overstated and their reasons are that; there is no transparency as to how the cases are being handled, people want to know who the infected persons are, how they were diagnosed and picked up, if they are being treated for free as well as data on the recovered persons and deaths. Also people are aware that donations running into Billions of Dollars as well as equipment have been made towards the COVID19 cause and they are curious as to how these funds are being disbursed, a lot of people also have great distrust in the government and are insinuating that COVID19 is being used as a smokescreen by the government to perpetuate financial crimes and embezzlement of public funds.
Another set of people however are of the opinion that the number of COVID19 cases more especially the deaths are being understated as there hasn’t been any exact cure yet and they are quite curious as to how the NCDC is handling treatments. Also there have been reports of people who claimed to have contacted the NCDC for suspected COVID19 cases and they did not get a response till the suspected cases resulted in deaths and these deaths were not diagnosed or recorded by the NCDC. Also there have been reports of people who were in denial till the cases became worse, some of them had their samples taken by the NCDC for testing and their test results never came back till they passed on. In all of this, people are beginning to insinuate that the NCDC is being preferential in their attention to cases.
Finally, we have another set of people who simply believe that there is no Corona Virus in Nigeria and it is all an agenda to raise funds and loot by the government. Well, Nigeria is a densely populated country so we all definitely cannot agree to the same thing on most occasions, but one thing we can agree on is that we do not have trustworthy or selfless leaders.
The NCDC however, also stated on some occasions that it is hard to keep up with the number of complaints they get daily and that a lot of the calls they get are quite provocative and sometimes prank calls. Let’s stop with the prank calling guys!
I would like to know what your thoughts are on the COVID19 situation in the country, as well as if you think Nigeria is doing enough to combat the virus.

However do not forget to observe the laid down safety precautions;
Wash your hands and sanitize regularly.
Avoid crowds and large gatherings.
Stay indoors if you can and if you must go out please use a facemask and gloves.
Drink lots of water.
And in case of symptoms or suspected cases, get in touch with the NCDC via their toll-free lines immediately.
#StaySafe

Read more on [url][/url]https://www.adebimpe.com.ng/2020/04/03/covid19-nigerias-response-ncdc/

Re: How Would You Rate The NCDC And Nigeria's Response To The COVID19 Pandemic? by EzzyCarter: 4:20pm On May 09, 2020
Honestly, NCDC has been doing a really excellent job. Ama give em 100% in fact, once Covid-19 is over , all NCDC officials should be inducted into Member of the Order of Naija ( MON) grin grin .. and I'm not being sarcastic tongue

1 Like

Re: How Would You Rate The NCDC And Nigeria's Response To The COVID19 Pandemic? by bimades(f): 4:37pm On May 12, 2020
LOL, yea. I think they are doing their best as well. Their performance is really commendable and I am sure Given more resources, they would be able to deliver better results as well
EzzyCarter:
Honestly, NCDC has been doing a really excellent job. Ama give em 100% in fact, once Covid-19 is over , all NCDC officials should be inducted into Member of the Order of Naija ( MON) grin grin .. and I'm not being sarcastic tongue
Re: How Would You Rate The NCDC And Nigeria's Response To The COVID19 Pandemic? by EzzyCarter: 4:56pm On May 12, 2020
bimades:
LOL, yea. I think they are doing their best as well. Their performance is really commendable and I am sure Given more resources, they would be able to deliver better results as well

Hell yeah ! grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bro Felix Obuah Handover PDP Chairmanship Office To Amb Demsond Led Exco / I'm In A Relationship But Still Feel Single / Unusual Soap, And Unusual Bath Before Going To Bed What Is The Meaning?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.