Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown (86356 Views)

NERC Mulls Another Electricity Tariffs Review / Akeredolu Mulls Defection To AA As APC Considers His Suspension / Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by sammirano: 10:30pm On May 09, 2020
This govt is the definition of insanity. What has the previous lockdown achieved? What will the new one do? This governor just proved any idiot could be in position. He is so clueless and lacks initiative, and he exhibits some aggressive traits.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by riczy(m): 10:30pm On May 09, 2020
Doz dt refused d abiding by d preventive measures wants to die, y nt allow dem to die! Am angry. As if govt ever truly cared for her citizens. Nonsense!
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Bimpe29: 10:30pm On May 09, 2020
Lockdown is better!
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Jakemedg(m): 10:30pm On May 09, 2020
Seun:

Are they ready to comply with another lockdown? If the government can enforce another lockdown, then they can surely enforce social distancing rules. After Funke Akindele was charged to court we've not heard about any other celebrity throwing a party during this crisis. Government 101.
You can't compare celebrities (most of whom believe corona virus is real) to some Nigerians who still don't believe corona virus is real
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by fortran12: 10:30pm On May 09, 2020
Jakemedg:
The question is are Nigerians ready to comply with the social distancing rule? you and i know that most Nigerians have this i don't care attitude
You put in infrastructure that will enable that. If you see when people were crossing the express they put wire mesh and it discouraged people. Innovation is needed in these cases

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 09, 2020
luluman:
I beg, na lockdown or lockup?

Whether locked sideways or locked left so far lock dey inside it's all good
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by mastermaestro(m): 10:34pm On May 09, 2020
airsaylongcom:

These ones are the reason for the need to lockdown. Boarded a bus in the Ajah axis. They have zero compliance for the two a seat. I've got a car and can drive around but I wanted to see the level of compliance. For an extra 50naira these ones are ready to compromise the entire health of the state. They are the reason I support the lockdown until they get sense

When they turn your house to their new workplace, I am sure your stance won't remain the same.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Chorister1990(f): 10:35pm On May 09, 2020
Nice Step
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Jakemedg(m): 10:36pm On May 09, 2020
fortran12:

You put in infrastructure that will enable that. If you see when people were crossing the express they put wire mesh and it discouraged people. Innovation is needed in these cases
You are right

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 09, 2020
mastermaestro:

When they turn your house to their new workplace, I am sure your stance won't remain the same.

They are welcome. Both of us will look for what they kept there

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by redsun(m): 10:41pm On May 09, 2020
Lifting the lockdown puts the people lives in their own hands. It is now left for them to do the things that keep them alive. All man to himself.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by ideaz: 10:45pm On May 09, 2020
Bimpe29:
Lockdown is better!

How do you know this? From many lies of the so called experts I suppose.

Data is coming out now and I think the so called conspiracy theorists experts are winning by a long margin. The earlier we begin to listen to them the better we recover.

See scientific data and help liberate our country.
https://www.yooglo.com/index.php/topic,2907.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Jakemedg(m): 10:46pm On May 09, 2020
Kingscee:
Lagosian not Nigerian, Akpa amụ
Are Lagosians not Nigerians ?
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Affamefuna(m): 10:51pm On May 09, 2020
wristbangle:
Lawlessness, ignorance, stubborness is having a field day in Lagos. People don't observe the simple rule of wearing nose cover and observe social distancing. The security agents are not helping matters either hence milk the masses through bribe at various check points. Also, Motorists ( Danfo & Keke riders) have thrown caution to the wind with full capacity of passengers in their respective vehicles and ignore the preventive measures of the pandemic spread.

I already sense that there will be another lockdown. The lockdown should immediately take full effect.
Are u sure about this? Cos immediately it was announced the danfo and kenke drivers here immediately complied cos after all they r the ones benefiting from it with their exhorbitant charges

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by 3rdeyeNigeria: 10:53pm On May 09, 2020
SouthNigerian:
grin I dare LASG to roll out another 14days total lockdown, of course there'll be no provision of palliatives.

I want to experience the beasts that lives in Lagosians. The outcome won't be funny at all.

LASG nah express you they go so o.
It's not only beast, it is Mark of the beast.
Lagos and Nigerians are just too scared, according to Fela, nobody wan die
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by magnetic20: 11:01pm On May 09, 2020
boyjo:

It WON'T curtail anything.
It didn't curtail it during the one month lockdown, it won't now.

Lockdown IS NOT the solution.
Lockdown is tyrannical.
Governor Sanwo-olu listen to the pulse of your people.
This cannot change the position of government.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by vikithor(m): 11:04pm On May 09, 2020
People should stay at home,you don't want to provide for them what to eat, drink and relax with at home as other responsible government round the globe are doing? You people will hastily quote the U.S.A style of governance as it favors you but won't handle same responsibilities as each state and districts and federal of the U.S is offering her citizens.

Learn how to drive,call us with numbers below.
Learn how the drive manual and automatic.Also learn about basic vehicle checks.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by DonMekino(m): 11:04pm On May 09, 2020
as far as am concerned, I don't blame Nigerians at all, many feed from hands to mouth plus kids and the longer u keep them in, the more difficult it becomes especially without any palliative...the major issue is that our low level health care services has come to haunt us, the poverty level is alarming, the city is filled with all sorts of menial job workers....and the worst, Covid-19 is not just a sickness u go to any hospital and get yourself treated....govt should resort to all these ppl that have claims of cure instead of waiting on WHO or Europe or USA....we are down already, we fear no fall anymore

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by RaptorX: 11:05pm On May 09, 2020
Memberclub:
By next week Lagos will likely be having around 800 cases per day. And the way things are happening in the north is another huge problem.

Good thing I already have my international passport
And you will walk or swim to your destination?

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by OhBiafra: 11:06pm On May 09, 2020
airsaylongcom:
Lock the state up joor

Let's work from home
Till they sack you from work before your eyes go clear. Continue asking for lockdown...

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:06pm On May 09, 2020
It is expected because nothing works in this country. We live in a crazy world
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by 3rdeyeNigeria: 11:08pm On May 09, 2020
fedora04:
Truth is... a new lockdown is imminent.We just dont adhere to basic and simple instruction.
Only those alive can hustle for the next day
Mr Governor if thats what you have to do..please do it.Let people stay at home and please lets see result of staying at home.More test and tracing.
This thing is possible.As you dey give them palliative with one hand .. you dey test them with the other hand
Let the qualification for palliative be the testing for Covid...

..shikena

The Truth: Like you said, another lockdown is imminent, BUT the government have no plan to continue testing and the govt will never give palliative (even if crude oil $200/barrel)

But like usual, all of us keep decieving ourself, giving suggestions and conditions that we know is not doable by those we are suggesting to.
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 09, 2020
kkkp:
Nigerians no dey hear word na
True was at the market to today around my area and people ain’t wearing this nose mask Nd it sadness my heart...
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by 3rdeyeNigeria: 11:14pm On May 09, 2020
SouthNigerian:

Before recording your claim, I pray the LASG impose fresh total lockdown across the state, if nothing happen during & after the lockdown, I'll put down your claim in record.

Add my name too, I second what he said... They would be fresh lockdown and everybusiness would be closed and people would sheeply and cowardly obey... Saying it is for their own good.

Like the last one, no public transport, no market, no business but people were free to move.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by wink2015(m): 11:16pm On May 09, 2020
KingKingKing:
Nigerians are very stubborn people!

There was a lockdown they whined and said the Govt was insensitive! They said okay we would ease the lockdown,all you gotta do would be to wear facemasks and gloves, we said okay!

Lockdown was eased and people flouted these rules , refused to wear face Masks, gloves and observe social distancing! Most Nigerians are foolish, stupid and ignorant!

Sanwo olu please lock us Down for 5 months except there's an improvement before then, then throw the keys into the Atlantic ocean!

WE GO LEARN BY FORCE

Politicians are using convid 19 to loot the treasury.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by NASTYNASOSO: 11:16pm On May 09, 2020
Exc2000:
grin

Wike and El Rufai no dey talk big big grammar... they are manning their state entry point themselves not trusting the citizens or the police

I hate to admit that Wike's lawless approach might be what Nigeria needs, afterall that was what China did to Wuhan, forgetting any useless noise from human right groups

Americans with all their useless Human Right Groups, Stupid Protest and Conspiracy Theorist calling it an Hoax and thinking its a joke has lost 70,000 souls , in simple contrast 2977 died in world trade center bombing 70,000 died due to corona, 4,244 Americans died in both Iraqi and Afghanistan war , still corona killed 70,000 in less than 4 months

even if world would end tomorrow some silly people would still be calling it conspiracy theory and hoax, till the dooms day begins,

Lagos should better not go the line Kano, Jigawa, and Bauchi are going because life sweet gidigan ni for Lasgidi and death is not an option

HMMMMMMM

OGA

KANO,JIGAWA,AND BAUCHI S TOTAL STATISTICS IS STILL A FRACTION OF LAGOS PANDEMIC WAHALA

I SUGGEST YOU DIRECT YOUR ENERGY IN LOOKING FOR SOLUTIONS FOR LAGOS INSTEAD OF POINTING FINGERS
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 09, 2020
commodore007:
Reactive leadership occurs when you don't plan ahead to handle problems or opportunities. By reacting to situations only as they arise, you may fail to avoid a crisis or exploit a chance to succeed,we only react to situations in this country, the covid issue should not have escalated up to this level,but here we are. My question is that ,what is this government doing to Find a cure to this virus?, which research are we embarking upon to put an End to this scourge? it appears the solution government has is to keep people lock down...without a visible solution, we are still waiting for the West to find a cure
exactly my thoughts too since the outbreak started in Nigeria. We just dey do "sidon look" if the west tells us today there's nothing they can do about the situation or Africa will receive the vaccine last there's nothing we can do. We are at their mercy.
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by mvem(m): 11:31pm On May 09, 2020
Exc2000:
grin

Wike and El Rufai no dey talk big big grammar... they are manning their state entry point themselves not trusting the citizens or the police

I hate to admit that Wike's lawless approach might be what Nigeria needs, afterall that was what China did to Wuhan, forgetting any useless noise from human right groups

Americans with all their useless Human Right Groups, Stupid Protest and Conspiracy Theorist calling it an Hoax and thinking its a joke has lost 70,000 souls , in simple contrast 2977 died in world trade center bombing 70,000 died due to corona, 4,244 Americans died in both Iraqi and Afghanistan war , still corona killed 70,000 in less than 4 months

even if world would end tomorrow some silly people would still be calling it conspiracy theory and hoax, till the dooms day begins,

Lagos should better not go the line Kano, Jigawa, and Bauchi are going because life sweet gidigan ni for Lasgidi and death is not an option

the flu kills about 60,000-80,000 of Americans every year... Malaria kills 400,000+(Africa),...cancer kills 1.5 million+....Ordinary TB kills 1.2million + every year...go and check stats of US on many ailments that kill them yearly...una dey over exaggerate this covid thing...so covid killed 70, 000 you think other things haven't taken more than that within that time frame. Media compares it with 9/11, Vietnam, Iraq war etc but that's an odd comparison and doesn't make sense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by AmazingELixir: 11:34pm On May 09, 2020
lipsrsealed

And yet some inbreds will come here and be castigating Wike for taking extreme measures.

The sorry fact is that most Nigerians don't know what's coming to them until this pandemic plunge men back to the dark ages when men hunt their fellow men like savages out of utter despair.
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by West2019(m): 11:38pm On May 09, 2020
Corona politic
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by infogeneral: 11:38pm On May 09, 2020
All these social distancing, public health guidelines are too-big-grammar for majority of Nigerians to understand.
By our nature, force is needed to ensure compliance.
I beg lockdown! And this time, like the biblical entry of Noah into the ark, never to come out until it is safe to.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by evansjeff(m): 11:42pm On May 09, 2020
Exc2000:
grin

Please shut up and quit your double standard and hypocritical lifestyle. If it was Buhari that is ceasing and selling off people’s cars and goods, would you have said the same thing? That is even a whole President, not a mere governor who thinks he is an emperor.

Ceasing people’s cars, food and other goods even when they clearly showed their ID cards as essential workers, he verbally ordered their arrests. Food is considered essential commodity yet he confiscated all of them. Be supporting nuisance.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Loads Of Foodstuffs Going To South Intercepted At Aminu Kano Airport (Photos) / Bukola Saraki And His Sons Watch Arsenal Vs Tottenham Match At Emirates Stadium / Buhari And Osinbajo On “The Candidates” (Live Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.