Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? (32978 Views)

Who Deserves To Be The Best FIFA Men's Player Of The Year / Klopp Wins Premier League Manager Of The Season / Thomas Tuchel Wins Premier League Manager Of The Month For March (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Rexymania(m): 7:07am On May 10, 2020
Fergie
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:10am On May 10, 2020
Oghenerobo2002:
Guardiola is the saying that 'better soup, na money kill am'.
No, better soup na better cook cook am. Someone can prepare a pot of soup with 20k and you will prefer to drink garri and sleep whereas another person will prepare that same soup with 5k you will nearly bite your fingers.

2 Likes

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Happyfela(m): 7:10am On May 10, 2020
Sir Alex Ferguson
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by ericmor: 7:15am On May 10, 2020
The one that swept all titles in just a season without the FA support. Something no manager has ever done in the history of EPL is the greatest among them all. I give it to him

5 Likes

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Nobody: 7:16am On May 10, 2020
OgaRico:
25years in EPL and how many leagues did Fergie won?
Give Pep 25 years in England and let's see what that wizard will do considering the fact that he humbled Fergie led team on a big stage twice.
Am not even looking at his incredible titles but the number of players he has mentored from scratch turned bosses and legends all over.

Cristiano Ronaldo that is considered one of the greatest of all time accepts he is his football father.

This man won things with academy youths and mediocre players like Anderson, O'Shea, Jones , guardiola can't do without money

It should be called Sir Alex Ferguson league his legacy is foreever

7 Likes

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Nobody: 7:17am On May 10, 2020
Guardiola is not supposed to be mentioned there among the group. I preferred having Ancelotti than Guardiola. Nevertheless they all are great leaders of the premier league, but I think Ferguson supersedes them all

2 Likes

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Gabkosh: 7:20am On May 10, 2020
post=89379271:

1. Sir Alex Ferguson.
2. Jose Mourinho.
3. Arsene Wenger.

We respect your opinion tho....
Thank you! kiss

At the bolded, Haba! shocked
Going 49 games unbeaten is not an easy feat o!
That alone landed him in the 3rd position!!
No manager has been able to achieve that, even though if that doesn't make him the best,
He tried.......

But the man below is the...........
How did Ferguson won 895 games. Did he even played 895 games. Make una dey lie small small.

1 Like

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by OgaRico(m): 7:21am On May 10, 2020
Olutola88:
Give me the kinda of Money and Team Pep has access to and I will also deliver all he has delivered. Look at the teams this guy has managed. Barcelona, Bayern Munich ( He took over a team that just won treble), Manchester City.

I am not saying he's not good but dude has not proven himself enough. Pep can never in his life take that kinda Tottenham Job Mou took.

Don't forget what Mou did with the FC Porto team, With Inter Milan team. He won the Champions League for Inter after 45years of winning. Where is Inter today?

The Special One
The Only One
I'm a Chelsea fan and I'll forever be a Mou loyalist

Sir Alex is currently the GOAT

Sir, I think the issue here is more like the class the two coaches(Pep and Mou) think they belong to.Take for instance, Mou maybe is a coach of any club(Porto,Tottenham and who knows maybe Our own very Enyimba of Aba in the near future) but Pep has a standard which he cannot come below.
Let us look at it this way, Pep won 14 trophies within three years in Barça and produce a world Best with his tiki taka style of play and so you don't expect a club like Tottenham to openly ask him to coach them.

1 Like

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by kayusely70(m): 7:23am On May 10, 2020
Give it to "Le Professor" For His Invincible Feat!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by OgaRico(m): 7:24am On May 10, 2020
ericmor:
The one that swept all titles in just a season without the FA support. Something no manager has ever done in the history of EPL is the greatest among them all. I give it to him

I nearly click like option twice for this you post.
I know you are referring to KING PEP!

4 Likes

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Olutola88(m): 7:25am On May 10, 2020
OgaRico:

Sir, I think the issue here is more like the class the two coaches(Pep and Mou) think they belong to.Take for instance, Mou maybe is a coach of any club(Porto,Tottenham and who knows maybe Our own very Enyimba of Aba in the near future) but Pep has a standard which he cannot come below.
Let us look at it this way, Pep won 14 trophies within three years in Barça and produce a world Best with his tiki taka style of play and so you don't expect a club like Tottenham to openly ask him to coach them.
I don't appreciate people like Pep because I don't respect them. We have people like him in corporate organisations. They only want to work in units where everything is smooth and set. They can't take risks.

1 Like

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by henryobinna(m): 7:25am On May 10, 2020
senatordave1:

Mourinhi is better than failure Wenger by far.

Sir Ferguson
Guardiola
Mourinho
Wenger
some of you are high, you don't even understand the question being asked.

The question is who is a better manager in premier league, nobody cares about Mourinho's exploits elsewhere. The only person above Wenger is Ferguson.

4 Likes

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by OgaRico(m): 7:27am On May 10, 2020
Mikehot:
Am not even looking at his incredible titles but the number of players he has mentored from scratch turned bosses and legends all over.

Cristiano Ronaldo that is considered one of the greatest of all time accepts he is his football father.

This man won things with academy youths and mediocre players like Anderson, O'Shea, Jones , guardiola can't do without money

It should be called Sir Alex Ferguson league his legacy is foreever

Let give Pep 25 years and then come back to this argument.
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Gabkosh: 7:29am On May 10, 2020
DaySpringer:
Arsene Wenger is not supposed to be there.

Having one Invincibles season and just three premier league titles in 20+ years in a particular league with the last one coming close to a decade before his retirement is a reason not to have him there.

Now with that being said,
My top Premier League Managers are in the following order.

1. Sir Alex Ferguson
2. Pep Guardiola
3. Jose Mourinho
Go and sit down. You don't know football.
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by OgaRico(m): 7:29am On May 10, 2020
Gregorian2020:
Guardiola is not supposed to be mentioned there among the group. I preferred having Ancelotti than Guardiola. Nevertheless they all are great leaders of the premier league, but I think Ferguson supersedes them all

Which Ancelotti you dey talk about abeg? abi na that one wey Abrahimovic no even wait make day break before him sack am or you no hear say na in the night Ancelotti receive sack letter?
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Mavrick2012: 7:30am On May 10, 2020
Olutola88:
Give me the kinda of Money and Team Pep has access to and I will also deliver all he has delivered. Look at the teams this guy has managed. Barcelona, Bayern Munich ( He took over a team that just won treble), Manchester City.

I am not saying he's not good but dude has not proven himself enough. Pep can never in his life take that kinda Tottenham Job Mou took.

Don't forget what Mou did with the FC Porto team, With Inter Milan team. He won the Champions League for Inter after 45years of winning. Where is Inter today?

The Special One
The Only One
I'm a Chelsea fan and I'll forever be a Mou loyalist

Sir Alex is currently the GOAT
And, how has he improved Tottenham?
Don't decieve yourself, you know why Mourinho went to tot.
He practically had no club coming for him.
You know pep can't enter that condition.
Keep pep and ur mou, EVERY,I repeat EVERY club will pick pep ahead of ur mou.
Pep is 11 yrs younger than mou in coaching,but are you aware pep has 27 trophies while mou just 23?
Pep only goes for rich clubs?
How is it a crime?
Tell me how you will accept offers from the likes of teaching in LEA ahead of NNPC just because you want to "prove a point".
Hahaha
Please tell me how Madrid, Chelsea, Man u,inter are small club.
So if you are giving peps kind of money you will produce result?
Hahaha
Ask club owners why they change Manager whenever they aquire a club and want to sink in serious money.
Oga, it's not about having the money,
Its about knowing what to do with the money.
Guy, Wake up.

3 Likes

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Nobody: 7:30am On May 10, 2020
OgaRico:

Let give Pep 25 years and then come back to this argument.
pep that ole trashed like a kid.

Can pep even stay 10years consistently at any club (it takes alot to do that).

Sir Alex built United from nothing in those years, he didn't inherit an already made oil club

6 Likes

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by kaludestiny10(m): 7:31am On May 10, 2020
There are topics that are not debatable especially when it comes to the greatest manager ever to have managed an EPL team. Sir Alex Ferguson stands out. My personal opinion though.

2 Likes

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Mavrick2012: 7:35am On May 10, 2020
frankmoney:
they said greatest premier league manager of all time . How will you put someone that has only two premier league titles and one fa cup ?
and arsene has how many epl?
After 21 yrs o.
Hahaha
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Jokerman(m): 7:35am On May 10, 2020
Mavrick2012:

Pep is 11 yrs younger than mou in coaching,but are you aware pep has 27 trophies while mou just 23?
How is it a crime?
Tell me how you will accept offers from the likes of teaching in LEA ahead of NNPC just because you want to "prove a point".
Hahaha
Hahaha
Ask club owners why they change Manager whenever they aquire a club and want to sink in serious money.
Guy, Wake up.

So Mou doesn't know what to do with money or what??

Tell us any coach that has won best coach 4 times, we are waiting....
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Jokerman(m): 7:37am On May 10, 2020
Mavrick2012:

How is it a crime?
Hahaha
Hahaha
Guy, Wake up.

Ole is a better coach than Pep seeing that he trashed Pep 4 times in a row... Give Ole 15 years like Pep and see what he would accomplish

4 Likes

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Nobody: 7:37am On May 10, 2020
OgaRico:

Which Ancelotti you dey talk about abeg? abi na that one wey Abrahimovic no even wait make day break before him sack am or you no hear say na in the night Ancelotti receive sack letter?

He get coach wey them nor dey sack?
Him nor win trophy for Chelsea.
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Jokerman(m): 7:37am On May 10, 2020
Mavrick2012:
and arsene has how many epl?
After 21 yrs o.
Hahaha

You Barca fans are really annoying.
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by jayworld15(m): 7:38am On May 10, 2020
Gabkosh:
How did Ferguson won 895 games. Did he even played 895 games. Make una dey lie small small.

It’s no lie man... that figure 895 was just from Man Utd win alone. Check below

1 Like

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by Olutola88(m): 7:38am On May 10, 2020
Mavrick2012:

How is it a crime?
Hahaha
Hahaha
Guy, Wake up.
My Point is not about signing for rich clubs. You can sign for a rich club that is not well positioned. You can sign for a rich club that is battling serious issues. Pep will not only sign for a rich club but also sign for a rich club where everything is alright.

My point is that Pep is a coward.

Hello bro, you need to be an excellent analyst to understand the logic. Only a good analyst will understand that a student that reads for 10hours a day and graduates with a 4.5 CGPA is not more intelligent than a student who reads for 2hours a day and graduates with a 4.2CGPA

1 Like

Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by senatordave1(m): 7:39am On May 10, 2020
AAA593:

Remove sentiment bro
Am an arsenal fan bro.Wenger is a failure who cannot survive where there is competition
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by OgaRico(m): 7:40am On May 10, 2020
Olutola88:
I don't appreciate people like Pep because I don't respect them. We have people like him in corporate organisations. They only want to work in units where everything is smooth and set. They can't take risks.

Life itself is a risk and for Pep accepting to come to City is a risk which could have make or marred his coaching career.
I suggest you go and read what the British media wrote about Pep after his first season without any trophy and then let assume the man haven't won any since he came to England.
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by senatordave1(m): 7:40am On May 10, 2020
bakynes:

Did you not read what i wrote up there.
I don't read meaningless things
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by senatordave1(m): 7:41am On May 10, 2020
henryobinna:
some of you are high, you don't even understand the question being asked.

The question is who is a better manager in premier league, nobody cares about Mourinho's exploits elsewhere. The only person above Wenger is Ferguson.

If you were not high,you will not forger that the title of the thread is "who is the greatest EPL manager". Wenger is below mourinho.mind you he always loses to jose
Re: Who Deserves Title Of Greatest Premier League Manager? by majamajic(m): 7:42am On May 10, 2020
Sir Alex

Not because am Utd Fan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"My Hip Was Killing Me" - Andy Murray Reveals Cruel Moment He Knew It Was Over! / Ali Daei Hopes Ronaldo Can Break His Goals Record / Official: Watford Sign Samuel Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.