Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Our Wrong Assumption Of Covid-19? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Our Wrong Assumption Of Covid-19? (310 Views)

Wellman Conception 4 Men With Fertility Issues! Shop Now At Assumption Pharmacy / Rise Up To The Occasion As A Man With Assumption Pharmacy Revive Capsules / NCDC Reacts To News That There Are 472 Confirmed Cases Of COVID-19 In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Wrong Assumption Of Covid-19? by Kyrx(m): 5:12am On May 10, 2020
So I woke up to another stat by NCDC this morning, and I begin to reflect on this Corona virus disease pandemic.

It was(and still is) a general belief by most Nigerians(of all status) that the Corovirus disease won't survive here, because of the intense temperature we do have most of the time, some even believed that the virus would never killed a black Africa man.

But as events keep unfolding, it seems those of us that still believed in any of those "myths" are just deceiving ourselves. Take Nigeria case as an example, despite the fact that the Northern Nigeria is more hotter than its Southern counterpart, yet the virus spreads more, and even killing more in the North.

As scientists all over the world are still struggling to understand it(Covid-19) properly, and the bastard is already mutating(scary huh?). I'd advise all of us to stay safe and protect ourselves, and our loved ones from this pandemic, forget story say e no dey kill black man, or say hot weather no go allow am strives, it has already killed both old and young here. If Nigeria government can give us those figures, believe me that the "shit has already hit the fan". I strongly believed that many more cases are still unrecorded due to our lack of adequate testings.

Stay safe guys!

Re: Our Wrong Assumption Of Covid-19? by Kobojunkie: 5:20am On May 10, 2020
Kyrx:
So I woke up to another stat by NCDC this morning, and I begin to reflect on this Corona virus disease pandemic.

It was(and still is) a general belief by most Nigerians(of all status) that the Corovirus disease won't survive here, because of the intense temperature we do have most of the time, some even believed that the virus would never killed a black Africa man.
The same belief is shared by people in places like Pheonix, Arizona where the temperatures are almost 100 degree fahrenheit during the summer days. Unfortunately, that belief does not seem to hold much water as the number of infected continues to go up, along with the fatalities.
Re: Our Wrong Assumption Of Covid-19? by skyhadi16(m): 5:27am On May 10, 2020
That's just the plain truth, Stay safe, protect yourself, treat every individual outside your immediate home as potential carrier and observe all health guidelines. I pray God have mercy on us all and take coronavirus away from our world.
Re: Our Wrong Assumption Of Covid-19? by Pentasoft1978: 6:18am On May 10, 2020
Does Buhari has a cell phone. Does he visit nairaland?. I wish he can read this your message.
Re: Our Wrong Assumption Of Covid-19? by Kyrx(m): 7:36am On May 10, 2020
grin grin

Well, he's a got a many reps here, a prominent one among them is @Presidency, most probably run by Femi Adesina.

Honestly we needed more testing centres with adequate kits, I'm currently in my home state @Ekiti, there isn't a single testing centre here. Test samples are still being forwarded to Lagos. It's very bad.

(1) (Reply)

Slovenia Declares End Of Coronavirus Epidemic / 9 Foods To Boost Immune System Again Corona Virus (COVID-19) / Native Way To Treat Chicken Pox Within Four(4) Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.