Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,448 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) (1881 Views)

The Missing Soulmate (A Faith-based Story) / Stop Starring at lustful images and videos (wicked Spirit Of lust) / Nigerian Captives In Libya Beg Oyedepo And Adeboye To Come And Rescue Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by ToyinOlorunsola(m): 6:55pm On Aug 10, 2020
It was not an easy thing for Funmi to restrict her diet. The more she tried, the more she realized that all those food she wanted to do away with were irresistible.

Her children loved burgers and fried chickens. So far, she could not watch them taking any of these without having the urge to do so too.

She had been trying to do some exercises too, but she was sure she wasn't making a headway. Maybe she would have to register in a gym or get a trainer. That should be more effective than doing it by herself.

She also told herself that she would need to be more serious before she could follow a strict diet. She had bought some magazines and books on dieting and sliming down, but she hardly had the time to read. Funmi, you need to be very serious, she told herself again.

Nancy went to the room she used as an office to work. Since she started blogging, she had converted one of the three bedrooms to an office.

She didn't need much to work with, neither did she need an assistant, for now. With her two laptops, two i-pads, a digital camera, a printer & photocopier and a standby generator, she was equipped for work. Of course, internet connection was a must.

She went to her blog site for updating. She posted some pictures she took during the birthday celebration of a celebrity. She had taken the pictures the previous day. Normally, she would post such pictures same day, but she couldn't do so because she returned home very late and was tired.

She was still working on the laptop thirty minutes later when her phone rang. Biyi was on the line.

'Hello, dear.' As usual, his voice boomed over the line. 'How d'you do?'

'I'm fine. What about you?'

'I feel great. Listen, in about three hours' time, I'll be travelling to Ibadan. I won't be back in Lagos until tomorrow. Can you accompany me?'

'Give me a minute to check my schedule' She smiled to herself. 'I'll call you back.'

She disconnected the line and checked her diary of events. She knew all this was only a formality as she would not say no to his overture.

The next major event she would be attending would be in four days' time.

She called his number. 'It will be a pleasure to take a trip with you, darling.' She almost chuckled to herself.

'Good.' He was glad, although he too knew she would not say no. 'The driver will be in your place in an hour's time. Get ready.'

Nancy smiled to herself as she put the phone down. Of course she would follow him on the trip. He would make it a worthwhile venture, as he
had previously made it to be, she believed. She finished what she was doing and shut down the system.

He had said he would send the driver in an hour's time. That was about fifteen minutes ago. She must get herself ready. She packed a couple of clothes and some other things she would be needing in a valise. She must also go with one of her i-pads and the internet dongle, the modern.

Get full download: https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/captives_of_lust/25567
Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 10, 2020
Nice update. BTW, why is Nancy wasting her time with a married man?
Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by MuttleyLaff: 11:19pm On Aug 10, 2020
Bodydialect57:
It is because she is a captive of lust?

1 Like

Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by ThrillPlus: 5:49am On Aug 11, 2020
Nice one
Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 11, 2020
So sorry for her because lust is one of the deadliest taskmasters, slave drivers, time wasters and life wasters.
MuttleyLaff:
It is because she is a captive of lust?

1 Like

Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by MuttleyLaff: 10:51am On Aug 11, 2020
Bodydialect57:
So sorry for her because lust is one of the deadliest taskmasters, slave drivers, time wasters and life wasters.
We are meant to rightfully lust after right things though

1 Like

Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 11, 2020
Rather love than lust. What's rightful lust?
MuttleyLaff:
We are meant to rightfully lust after right things though
Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by MuttleyLaff: 12:01pm On Aug 11, 2020
Bodydialect57:
Rather love than lust. What's rightful lust?
It is lust for the fruit of the Holy Spirit. You never can get enough of it. It manifests in different flavours or shows in different ways

1 Like

Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by BigBasher: 7:17am On Aug 12, 2020
More
Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by ToyinOlorunsola(m): 7:21am On Aug 14, 2020
The bell buzzed. She dried her hands and went to the sitting-room door.

'Good afternoon, aunty.' It was Leke. There was an oily smile on his face. It was a few minutes to noon but he already presumed noon had come.

'Good morning,' She regarded him briefly. His uniform was rather too big. He had tried to keep it neat but the shirt had a greasy stain close to the breast pocket.

'Give me a minute. I'll come to join you in the car.' Her tone was flat. For inexplicable reason, she did not like the driver. She did not trust
him.

Leke closed the door behind him. She went to the kitchen to see if everything was in place and came back to the sitting room to ascertain that all was fine. Then she picked up her valise, locked the door of her apartment and went down to the waiting car.

The morning had been a busy one. One after the other, customers had been coming to pick one clothing item or the other. By few minutes after twelve noon, there was a lull.

Nana sat and decided to have a rest. She also used the opportunity to eat the food she had brought from home. It was rice and beans with stew. She also had beef and fried plantain to go with it.

She was still taking the meal when Madam Funmi came in. A customer came in too, but the sales girl would attend to that.

'Good afternoon, madam.' Nana stood up to greet Funmi.

'Good afternoon, how're you?'

'Fine, ma'am, you meet me well, ma'am.' Nana pointed at the food flask.

'Thank you.' Funmi pulled a plastic chair and sat down. She observed the shop closely and realized that there was need to replenish the stock.

Nana suspended her eating to attend to madam. She had only eaten half way, but the rest could wait. She gave accounts of her stewardship.
At the end of the exercise, her boss was impressed. Funmi went to the small store-room to see the goods they had there. There was no doubt they had to re-stock.

'Well-done,' she told her able shop manager.

'Thank you, ma'am.' Nana felt accomplished.

After closing for work, Doris decided to go to her supervisor's office. She had decided to take a ride to Ojota in his car when he would be going home.

She met him chatting excitedly on the phone. She sat on one of the visitors' seats, facing him and waited.

'... yes, of course I'm working towards that,' he was saying, 'Don't worry, I'll soon join your league. Shebi, we're in March now, before the end of this year, I'm sure I'll be happily married too.'

He listened to the person on the other line for some moments.

'You don't worry. Why will I not invite you? You remember I attended your own wedding. You'll be informed, now.'

He listened briefly again. 'Alright. My regards to your wife. Bye.'

Ade disconnected the line and turned to grin at Doris.

'If you don't mind, I'll like to have a ride in your car to Ojota.' She was expectant.

'Of course. It will be a pleasure.' He waved it off and grinned.

A moment later, he tidied up his table, picked up his bag and stood up. They left the office and took the elevator to the ground floor. The
office, located at Yaba, was free, at that moment, from the gridlock of traffic experienced by those coming from Lagos Island and Victoria Island. However, it was good that he should leave the office on time.

They settled comfortably in the car and he drove out of the premises.

'I've got a reply to the proposition you made the other time,' she started.

Ade was instantly interested. 'What's your response?' He found his heart beat pounding.

She allowed a meaningful pause. 'Well, the answer is yes.'

GET THE FULL STORY FROM: https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/captives_of_lust/25567
Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by ToyinOlorunsola(m): 10:53am On Aug 16, 2020
Ade was instantly interested. 'What's your response?' He found his heart beat pounding.

'Why didn't you tell me since morning?' He wasn't making an accusation. Rather, he was expressing great delight at her consent. 'You deserve a big hug, you know. Oh, that's good. That's really, really good.' He rubbed her left shoulder briefly with his right hand.

Doris smiled and nodded without saying a word.

'So, I can go ahead with my other plan now,' he said. 'Thank God. There's no more time to waste.'

Madam Funmi gave Nana a generous tip that afternoon before she left. Though she could be harsh, Funmi was often given to generosity. Consequently, her good mood infected Nana. The latter was happy that things were working the way she had always wanted them to be.

After closing, Nana decided to stop at Ketu market to buy some foodstuffs. She also decided to prepare assorted egusi soup, a local delicacy Ade liked so much. She knew how to make it very delicious and she would do just that.

Eba would go down well with the egusi. As usual, she would preserve the food until he was back.

When he came that night, Ade appeared to be in a very good mood too. He commended her for the food and ate ravenously.

'How did everything go in the office today?' She had a small smile on.

He grinned. 'Oh, things were fantastic. How about yours?'

'It was very fine too. Madam came around. She seemed impressed by the sales, the turnover and other things that were going on.'

He nodded. There was silence as they concentrated on eating. Some minutes later, the meal was over. She cleared the plates. The only time he gave her hints of the grievous thing coming was when he said they needed to talk. His tone conveyed seriousness.

'Hope no problem.' She wished he had agreed to see the pastor of their church.

He shook his head. 'No problem, but what I want us to discuss is something that will avert a problem.'

They were in the sitting-room. To reduce distractions, he lowered the volume of the television to the minimal.

He cleared his throat. 'Let me start by thanking you for your companionship. Since you came into my life, you've been a good friend. You
have done well at the home front - taking care of the house, preparing meals, and so on.

'However.' He cleared his throat again. 'I think and believe that at this junction, I should stop wasting your time, and you should stop wasting
mine.'

READ FULL STORY AT: https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/captives_of_lust/25567
Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by ochibuogwu5: 12:04pm On Aug 16, 2020
GRACE FROM JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED:
"I again saw under the sun that the race is not to the swift and the battle is not to the strong, and neither is bread to the wise nor riches to those of intelligence and understanding nor favor to men of ability; but time and chance overtake them all."
(Ecclesiastes 9:11)

It is only the *grace* from Jesus Christ Crucified that will position you to be at the right place and at the right time.
For every assignment, any human being must execute on this earth; there is a *consignment of grace* for you to perform such responsibility/service without trying to struggle through your human capabilities which are always insufficient resources.

Pray for grace from Jesus Christ Crucified to execute whatever assignment you have to perform on this earth *apart from your human abilities* or you will live throughout this earthly journey *struggling*
If you are offered wealth(mammon) for execution of any earthly assignment; it will kill you physically and spiritually yet you will not achieve that work.

If you seek mercy to receive grace from Jesus Christ Crucified without any material resources for a particular assignment; grace will bring all the resources and you will accomplish that assignment effortlessly.

Grace does not reduce the holiness standard of God from 100% to 99.9999% for anybody whether a Christian or non-christian; anointed/ordained Christian leaders or those who think or have been made to believe that they are less anointed Christian but grace is the help from God to enable any human being who believes in Jesus death on the Cross and resurrection to have *the capacity and life of Christ* to be able to live up to and operate in obedience to the 100% holiness standard of God effortlessly on this earth consistently and progressively till biological death or rapture of the Saints just like Jesus Christ while He lived in the human body on earth which means it is Jesus (grace and truth; John 1:14) that is living through the mortal-bodies of any genuine believer on this earth (Titus 2:11-12) yet you are still a human being with a free-will and still has emotions that recognises the enticements of sin, lust, corruption and evil but does not sin in thoughts, words or deeds.

Grace is superior to gold(money/intelligence/mammon).
Grace is the currency of Heaven
Money(mammon) is the currency of this world

"Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, *let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear*: for our God is a consuming fire" (Hebrews 12:28-29 KJV)

"For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy." (Romans 9:15-16 KJV)

"Let us therefore *come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need*."
(Hebrews 4:16 KJV)

"And the Word (Christ) became flesh, and lived among us; and we [actually] saw His glory, glory as belongs to the [One and] only begotten Son of the Father, [the Son who is truly unique, the only One of His kind, who is] *full of grace and truth (absolutely free of deception)*. 15 John testified [repeatedly] about Him and has cried out [testifying officially for the record, with validity and relevance], “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has a higher rank than I and has priority over me, for He existed before me.’” 16 For out of *His fullness [the superabundance of His grace and truth] we have all received grace upon grace [spiritual blessing upon spiritual blessing, favor upon favor, and gift heaped upon gift*]. 17 For the Law was given through Moses, but *grace [the unearned, undeserved favor of God] and truth came through Jesus Christ*." (John 1:14-17 amp)

Grace,
Your Grace alone is all I plead for,
Grace to serve thee aright Lord Jesus Christ Crucified,
Oh Grace to love you more. Amen.
Declaring and Singing.........(praying for mercy and grace from Jesus Christ Crucified, Resurrected and Glorified should be every second prayer of a genuine believer)

Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by Zamar: 6:14am On Aug 18, 2020
ToyinOlorunsola:

'Why didn't you tell me since morning?' He wasn't making an accusation. Rather, he was expressing great delight at her consent. 'You deserve a big hug, you know. Oh, that's good. That's really, really good.' He rubbed her left shoulder briefly with his right hand.

Doris smiled and nodded without saying a word.

'So, I can go ahead with my other plan now,' he said. 'Thank God. There's no more time to waste.'

Madam Funmi gave Nana a generous tip that afternoon before she left. Though she could be harsh, Funmi was often given to generosity. Consequently, her good mood infected Nana. The latter was happy that things were working the way she had always wanted them to be.

After closing, Nana decided to stop at Ketu market to buy some foodstuffs. She also decided to prepare assorted egusi soup, a local delicacy Ade liked so much. She knew how to make it very delicious and she would do just that.

Eba would go down well with the egusi. As usual, she would preserve the food until he was back.

When he came that night, Ade appeared to be in a very good mood too. He commended her for the food and ate ravenously.

'How did everything go in the office today?' She had a small smile on.

He grinned. 'Oh, things were fantastic. How about yours?'

'It was very fine too. Madam came around. She seemed impressed by the sales, the turnover and other things that were going on.'

He nodded. There was silence as they concentrated on eating. Some minutes later, the meal was over. She cleared the plates. The only time he gave her hints of the grievous thing coming was when he said they needed to talk. His tone conveyed seriousness.

'Hope no problem.' She wished he had agreed to see the pastor of their church.

He shook his head. 'No problem, but what I want us to discuss is something that will avert a problem.'

They were in the sitting-room. To reduce distractions, he lowered the volume of the television to the minimal.

He cleared his throat. 'Let me start by thanking you for your companionship. Since you came into my life, you've been a good friend. You
have done well at the home front - taking care of the house, preparing meals, and so on.

'However.' He cleared his throat again. 'I think and believe that at this junction, I should stop wasting your time, and you should stop wasting
mine.'

READ FULL STORY AT: https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/captives_of_lust/25567

Nice episode.
Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by ChristLikeLife: 8:34pm On Aug 18, 2020
Nice work
Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by GodPraise: 5:26am On Aug 20, 2020
ochibuogwu5:
GRACE FROM JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED:
"I again saw under the sun that the race is not to the swift and the battle is not to the strong, and neither is bread to the wise nor riches to those of intelligence and understanding nor favor to men of ability; but time and chance overtake them all."
(Ecclesiastes 9:11)

It is only the *grace* from Jesus Christ Crucified that will position you to be at the right place and at the right time.
For every assignment, any human being must execute on this earth; there is a *consignment of grace* for you to perform such responsibility/service without trying to struggle through your human capabilities which are always insufficient resources.

Pray for grace from Jesus Christ Crucified to execute whatever assignment you have to perform on this earth *apart from your human abilities* or you will live throughout this earthly journey *struggling*
If you are offered wealth(mammon) for execution of any earthly assignment; it will kill you physically and spiritually yet you will not achieve that work.

If you seek mercy to receive grace from Jesus Christ Crucified without any material resources for a particular assignment; grace will bring all the resources and you will accomplish that assignment effortlessly.

Grace does not reduce the holiness standard of God from 100% to 99.9999% for anybody whether a Christian or non-christian; anointed/ordained Christian leaders or those who think or have been made to believe that they are less anointed Christian but grace is the help from God to enable any human being who believes in Jesus death on the Cross and resurrection to have *the capacity and life of Christ* to be able to live up to and operate in obedience to the 100% holiness standard of God effortlessly on this earth consistently and progressively till biological death or rapture of the Saints just like Jesus Christ while He lived in the human body on earth which means it is Jesus (grace and truth; John 1:14) that is living through the mortal-bodies of any genuine believer on this earth (Titus 2:11-12) yet you are still a human being with a free-will and still has emotions that recognises the enticements of sin, lust, corruption and evil but does not sin in thoughts, words or deeds.

Grace is superior to gold(money/intelligence/mammon).
Grace is the currency of Heaven
Money(mammon) is the currency of this world

"Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, *let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear*: for our God is a consuming fire" (Hebrews 12:28-29 KJV)

"For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy." (Romans 9:15-16 KJV)

"Let us therefore *come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need*."
(Hebrews 4:16 KJV)

"And the Word (Christ) became flesh, and lived among us; and we [actually] saw His glory, glory as belongs to the [One and] only begotten Son of the Father, [the Son who is truly unique, the only One of His kind, who is] *full of grace and truth (absolutely free of deception)*. 15 John testified [repeatedly] about Him and has cried out [testifying officially for the record, with validity and relevance], “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has a higher rank than I and has priority over me, for He existed before me.’” 16 For out of *His fullness [the superabundance of His grace and truth] we have all received grace upon grace [spiritual blessing upon spiritual blessing, favor upon favor, and gift heaped upon gift*]. 17 For the Law was given through Moses, but *grace [the unearned, undeserved favor of God] and truth came through Jesus Christ*." (John 1:14-17 amp)

Grace,
Your Grace alone is all I plead for,
Grace to serve thee aright Lord Jesus Christ Crucified,
Oh Grace to love you more. Amen.
Declaring and Singing.........(praying for mercy and grace from Jesus Christ Crucified, Resurrected and Glorified should be every second prayer of a genuine believer)

Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by LoveToRead: 8:04pm On Aug 21, 2020
Nice work
Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by ToyinOlorunsola(m): 8:09pm On Aug 26, 2020
LoveToRead:
Nice work

cheesy
Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by ToyinOlorunsola(m): 5:53pm On Sep 01, 2020
He cleared his throat. 'Let me start by thanking you for your companionship. Since you came into my life, you've been a good friend. You have done well at the home front - taking care of the house, preparing meals, and so on.

'However.' He cleared his throat again. 'I think and believe that at this junction, I should stop wasting your time, and you should stop wasting mine.'

She stared at him, her mind racing in chaos. 'How do you mean, waste time? In what way are you or am I wasting time?'

'I will explain.' He avoided looking at her. His gaze was on the television. 'I believe it will amount to a waste of time if the two of us continue to stay together. Thank God doctors say nothing is wrong with either of us. Let's not waste time on trying to have a baby again.

'You're still young and beautiful. You can still easily get a man that you desire. Let's go our separate ways. Look for another man, while I'll look for another lady. That's what I have to tell you.'

Nana was crestfallen. She could not believe her ears. 'Ade, are you joking?' She had to struggle to utter the words.

'Joking?' He chuckled. 'Why should I be joking? Have I made such a joke before? Of course I'm not joking. I'm very, very serious.'

She broke down and wept. 'But you can't do this to me. You can't just send me away like that.'

'I'm not saying you should leave tomorrow.' They were the best of words he could think of to console her. ' You can still spend the next couple of weeks or so in this house, pending the time you will get a place to stay. But bear it in mind that from this very moment on, the kind of
relationship we've been having is over.' He was intent and nothing would stop him.

'I wish you the best of luck.' He tried a smile. 'Maybe we were not meant to be together. Maybe that was why things did not work out the
way we wanted them to be.'

Nana shook her head sadly. So, this was it. This was the end of the road as far as the relationship between them was concerned. After about three years of staying together, this was what had come of it. He seemed to have made up his mind. His mien and stance, putatively, foreclosed any change of decision.

She was still sobbing when he left her for the bedroom. She felt hollow. She felt worthless. She was like a person somebody was indirectly
telling had no value. Oh God, why couldn't Ade have the belief that all would be well? Why couldn't he be a little bit more patient? Above all, why couldn't he have faith?

She didn't know when she slept off on the couch. Even when she woke up in the middle of the night, she only used the visitor's toilet attached to the sitting-room and continued to sleep where she had slept. She refused to join him in the bedroom. Of what use was doing that now? Of what use was trying to be intimate with the one who had given one the declaration that one was not needed again?

READ FULL STORY FROM: https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/captives_of_lust/25567
Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by Awesome05: 6:34am On Sep 02, 2020
Awesome
Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by FairCritic(m): 9:46pm On Sep 02, 2020
Nice one
Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by Zamar: 6:50am On Sep 06, 2020
Ride on.
Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by ToyinOlorunsola(m): 7:26pm On Sep 06, 2020
She didn't know when she slept off on the couch. Even when she woke up in the middle of the night, she only used the visitor's toilet attached to the sitting-room and continued to sleep where she had slept. She refused to join him in the bedroom. Of what use was doing that now? Of what use was trying to be intimate with the one who had given one the declaration that one was not needed again?

The following morning, she was up as early as five o 'clock. She didn't feel refreshed by the sleep in, any way. As a matter of fact, she felt stressed and tired when she woke up. She spent some minutes trying to think up what next she should do. She had to move out of the house as soon as possible, but where would she go? Her parents were living in Osogbo. When she first came to Lagos, she was staying with an aunty who was married and had three children. Surely she could not go back there.

What about friends? Her close friends were all married. There was no way she would go to any of them. Maria her closest friend was married almost two years ago. She could not go and stay with her as that could cause inconvenience, disaffection or destabilize their matrimonial home

She suddenly felt pangs of shame and guilt. When she first moved in with Ade, her parents had expressed serious reservations. They wondered why she would move in with a man she was not married to.

'Why don't you let him do the introduction and engagement before you do that?' her mother had asked.

Nana had answered that there was no need to worry as all other things would fall in place. Now, nothing had fallen in place. Rather, they had fallen out of place. Her parents were right, after all.

She had some money she had kept in the bank, but the money would not be enough to rent a two-bedroom apartment in Ketu, bearing in
mind that she would still pay what they called agency fee and agreement fee. But the money could get a self-contained room and parlor, otherwise called mini-flat.

Renting a room was out of the equation. She shook her head as she thought of the prospects. Sharing toilet and kitchen with strangers was not an idea she fancied.

Yet, the option of 'squatting' with someone in the meantime, pending when she would save enough money to get herself a mini flat was a bleak one. Maybe she should start looking for the mini-flat. She sighed. She still had the time to decide.

Pastor Sam blared the horn of his Hyundai car. The security guard at the gate of the sprawling house came out to attend to him. On seeing him, the guard broke into a smile.

'Good day, sir. Oga pastor, how you dey?' The guard raised his right hand in what looked like a salute.

Sam nodded at the gesture. 'I'm fine. How's work?'

'Work dey, sir.'

The guard quickly went to open the gate for Sam to drive in. As the junior brother to Madam Funmi and as a regular visitor to the house, he
needed no introduction.

He drove in and parked. He went on to press the bell to the entrance. Soon, the house maid came to attend to him.

Sadiya smiled at him. 'Good evening, sir. Please come in.'

He was ushered into the expansive sitting-room.

'I'll tell madam that you're around, sir. She curtsied and moved to the staircase.

'Thank you.' He could hear the receding sounds of her foot steps. After some seconds, she was back downstairs.

'Madam said she will soon be with you. What can offer you, sir?'

'Oh, thank you. Nothing for now.'

Sam was left alone. Some minutes later, his sister came to meet him.

'My sister.' He stood up to greet. 'Good evening, ma'am.'

'Sam. O to 'jo meta. How are you?'

'Fine, my sister. The Lord be praised for His goodness.'

She looked at the empty stool by his side. 'What happened? Why didn't Sadiya give you some drinks? Sadiya!' The bellow of her voice could be heard tens of metres away.

Sam had to quickly come in. 'Oh no. I actually told her not to bring any drinks for now.'

Funmi's face was questioning. 'Kilode? Are you fasting again?'

Sam shook his head. 'Not at all. I just don't feel like taking anything right now.'

She sat comfortably on the sofa.

'How're the children?' He looked towards the staircase as if his question would make them to emerge.

'They're fine. They're doing their assignment upstairs.'

Sam nodded.

'What about your wife? How's she?' Funmi smiled up.

'She's fine, sister. She sent her regards.' He paused a bit and asked: 'What about daddy? I've not seen him for some time.'

By daddy, he meant Biyi.

She made a face briefly. 'He's okay. It's just that he's always going on one trip or another.'

He nodded. 'The good Lord will always grant him journey mercies.'

'Amen o.'

Just then, her phone rang. Leke was on the line.

'Hello.' She was quick to pick the call. She glued the phone to her right ear and listened for some seconds.

'So, that bitch is still following him around, ehn?' She frowned deeply. 'Despite my warnings, that slut will not relent, abi?' Her words were
full of scorn, acrimony and hate.

READ FULL STORY FROM: https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/captives_of_lust/25567
Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by WuraSerano(f): 7:30am On Sep 09, 2020
A nice read.
Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by Awesome05: 8:20pm On Sep 09, 2020
Nice
Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by UltimateSpice: 7:00pm On Sep 28, 2020
Carry on.
Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by ToyinOlorunsola(m): 5:39pm On Oct 23, 2020
READ THE STORY FOR FREE

Follow this link https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/captives_of_lust/25567
Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by Janet96(f): 11:42am On Oct 25, 2020
Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by ToyinOlorunsola(m): 9:44am On Dec 12, 2020
Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by Zamar: 6:26am On Dec 15, 2020
Good one.
Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by FairCritic(m): 12:25pm On Oct 31, 2021
shocked
Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by ToyinOlorunsola(m): 9:44am On Nov 21, 2021
Just then, her phone rang. Leke was on the line.

'Hello.' She was quick to pick the call. She glued the phone to her right ear and listened for some seconds.

'So, that bitch is still following him around, ehn?' She frowned deeply. 'Despite my warnings, that slut will not relent, abi?' Her words were full of scorn, acrimony and hate.

She listened for some moments again. 'Alright, thank you, Leke. Thank you for the information.'

She disconnected the line, looking seriously agitated.

'Sister, I hope there's no problem. You sounded very indignant.' Sam had been staring at his sister. Her choice of words could be saucy, and he always found such revulsive.

'Don't mind Biyi. I don't know what he sees in them. There's this lady he's presently having an affair with. I've confronted the lady and I've warned her to stay off, but obviously they are still seeing each other.'

He nodded to show understanding and empathy. 'Sister, I think you should calm down. I think you should take things easy.'

'How could I? My marriage is under a big threat and you're asking me to calm down?' She moved her hands restlessly. Her agitated state was unmistakable.

'I understand. I ...'

'No, you don't. You're not the one whose marriage is threatened.'

'You're quite right. All the same, sister, I think you should take things easy.'

She shook her head. That could mean she dissented or she was still seriously agitated.

'Let me say this,' he pressed on. 'I see you and your husband becoming the best of couple. I see the two of you having a joyous life.'

Funmi laughed in derision. 'Joyous life with all these flirting he's indulging in?' She scoffed. 'With all these rubbish he's doing up and down?'

He patiently held on to his optimism. 'You'll be the best of couple, no doubt. I can tell you that the revelation I had about your union is that of
a wonderful, loving and undying one.'

'So, why are things upside down the way they are?'

'It's just for a short while, my sister. It's just for a little while more.' He smiled warmly at her.

Then, he looked at her intently. 'But there's something you have to do on your part. Move close to God. Have absolute faith in Him and let
him take charge of everything.'

He was solemn and serious. 'Confronting the lady and making threats will not solve anything. Rather, that will only aggravate the matter. You
need to trust God on this and leave things to him.'

She sighed. 'So, I should just leave him and let him continue all his unfaithfulness? That's what you want me to do? You want me to leave
him so that those ashewo can completely take him away from me?'

Sam smiled and shook his head. 'Leave him to God. It's not your battle. It's the Lord's battle. Have unshaken faith and let God fight on your behalf. Leave everything to Him and you'll be amazed by what will happen thereafter.'

'So, I should leave him alone?'

'You should leave him to God. You'll be amazed by what God will do.'

The night after Ade told Nana she would not be needed in his life again, Nana got back home, feeling less worried. She had thought of many things, and had come to the conclusion that God himself wanted the relationship to end.

However, she felt she had committed a lot of transgressions and she needed forgiveness. But first and foremost, she felt she would have to forgive herself. Yes, she needed to forgive her for being a fool in love.

How could she have acted the way she did? How could she have allowed herself to be used the way he had used her? Why did she allow
wisdom to take a back seat, while folly took over the the steering wheel?

Then, she must ask God for forgiveness. What the pastor of her church said was very true, she realized. When she had gone to tell the man
about the challenges she had in her relationship, he had told her that she and the man ought not to be living together in the first place, since
there was no marriage or any formalization of the union.

Nana realized all these were true. That meant she had been living in sin. Yes, the two of them had been committing the sin of fornication all
these while. Oh God, please forgive me, she prayed.

She had decided to move closer to God. Yes, she must become devoted to serving God henceforth, not just playing lip service to doing so.

She would not even rush things as far as starting a new relationship was concerned. She had decided that rather than leaning on her own understanding, she would allow God to lead her and direct her steps.

When she got home, she went to the bedroom, stripped naked and went on her knees. Her prayers were deep and very emotional. She wept
in-between as she confessed her sins and asked God for forgiveness. She prayed that the Holy Spirit should completely take over her life and
direct every step she made, henceforth.

After the prayers, she wore her night dress and went to the kitchen to prepare dinner. She decided she would still be cooking for him, but she
would not need to wait for him before taking her meal again.

She also decided that she would see an estate agent the following day to get her own place. There was no need lingering in his apartment any
more. Meanwhile, she would not sleep on his bed again. For the remaining few days she would be spending in that house, she would be sleeping
in the sitting-room.

She suddenly felt completely free of all worries and troubles. Her mind was at rest and she believed that things would start becoming better
from that moment on. Thank you, Lord, she muttered under her breath.

She finished cooking the jollof rice and dished a generous portion for herself. She took a chicken lap and beef. No one and nothing would
stop her joy henceforth.

Download full story from: https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/captives_of_lust/25567
Re: Captives Of Lust (A Faith-based Story) by BigBasher: 4:01pm On Jun 25, 2022
Next...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Heaps Of Charms Dug Out Of Church Altar In Ilesa / Something To Think About / God is Awesome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.