Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,814 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years (38663 Views)

Odion Ighalo Usurps Zlatan Ibrahimovic To Equal 95-year Man Utd Record / Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur / Carlos Vela Beats Ibrahimovic To 2019 MLS MVP Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by pat077: 5:05pm On May 10, 2020
They didn't vote for the best striker, they voted for the most loved player.

1 Like

Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by AsawanaDgreat: 5:06pm On May 10, 2020
Who cares
Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by Doyou2019: 5:08pm On May 10, 2020
emmabest2000:
Dem just want to console africanas

Drogba in eague 1
played 80 games
scored 39 goals

Ibrahimovic in league 1
played 133 games
Scored 112 goals

The difference is clear

Meanwhile can anyone explain what the short man in Argentina shirt was thinking grin

To all shorty fans if u quote me and talk nonsense 疫情 will catch you grin

The irony is that few days ago, his former teammatea couldn't even help him win his country's football federation chairmanship positiom. He got zero votes.grin

1 Like

Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by 2goodbobo(m): 5:13pm On May 10, 2020
Drogba doesn't deserve the Award to be fair. We have notable Strikers like Pauleta and Cavani that have won many titles and scored so many goals.
Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by sulasa07(m): 5:13pm On May 10, 2020
EdiskyHarry:
Wait ooo, Zlatan scored 113 goals in 122 appearances? This guy is indeed a great player.
Zlatan currently has 500+ goals and David Beckham has only 97 goals for all club goals,still David Beckham looks beta than Zlatan Ibra.
Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by andrewbaba44: 5:18pm On May 10, 2020
wunmi590:
cool

One of the striker I pray Real Madrid signed then before he retired, very sharp in front of goal, has a very dubious way of deceiving everybody on the field

When you see him holding waist frowning his face as if he's tired, please mark him well, that's when he will score you, even if he's sick, Mourinho still prefer to use him.

On Ibrahimovic, believe me I dream of this guy too for Madrid to get him on free transfer when he was leaving Manchecter United for MLS, the guy nah strong guy, he can intimidate defenders, he can also score from anywhere and anyhow.

He was just not lucky enough to enjoy individual awards like world best player, his right or left hand can throwaway 10 defenders because of his power and strength.

In all, both are good strikers that evey team and coaches woukf love to have at their disposal

Drogba is a beast but i still wonder why he could not average 1 goal in every 2 games
Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by micodon(m): 5:21pm On May 10, 2020
MhizJoyce:
How come? Drogba scored 30 out of 83 league appearances. Ibrahimovic scored 112 out of 121 league appearances! That's not fair.

Relativity. Drogba didn't play for the most dominant Ligue 1 side in Ligue history. Ibra did

1 Like

Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by Ryocaj(m): 5:22pm On May 10, 2020
Buffalo2:
Zlatan is too heady and stubborn
He is too good.. He does Wat no one can do with the ball.. He juggled d ball from a counter a d way to d other post to score wen he was at Ajax.. he scores unbelievable goals.. goals no one else can score.. e. g d overhead kick against England.. d karate goal for Milan against Chievo or so..
If not for C. Ronaldo.. I would av said Zlatan is d best of this era...

1 Like

Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by EdiskyHarry: 5:23pm On May 10, 2020
sulasa07:

Zlatan currently has 500+ goals and David Beckham has only 85 goals for all club goals,still David Beckham looks beta than Zlatan Ibra.
Please why is it so?
Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by Ryocaj(m): 5:24pm On May 10, 2020
micodon:

Relativity. Drogba didn't play for the most dominant Ligue 1 side in Ligue history. Ibra did
It's not our business.. Aubameyang is not playing for d best team in England n he is outscoring d guys in big clubs.. same as Jamie Vardy..
Cavani scored 200 in 300

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by ezik2255(m): 5:25pm On May 10, 2020
i be japanish mechanic , i repairs all type of japanish cars from toyota to nissan and honda both with mitshibishi and madza, my workshop is at uyo akwa ibom state contact me on 09079554956, let me fixed your car for you pls pls pls
Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by Ryocaj(m): 5:25pm On May 10, 2020
sulasa07:

Zlatan currently has 500+ goals and David Beckham has only 85 goals for all club goals,still David Beckham looks beta than Zlatan Ibra.
U r high on Coronavirus
Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by proffnico(m): 5:25pm On May 10, 2020
A French speaking guy in a French league. What do you guys expect.. All clubs vs psg... Zlatan had no chance because of bias voting..
Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by Worksunlimited: 5:32pm On May 10, 2020
Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by princeade86(m): 5:33pm On May 10, 2020
micodon:

what of giroud that play for montepila.

2 Likes

Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by princeade86(m): 5:34pm On May 10, 2020
Ryocaj:

U r high on Coronavirus
plus SARS
Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by Thryphosa(m): 5:43pm On May 10, 2020
Jarus:

Even at older age 36/37, he still scored 52 goals in 56 appearances in MLS.

I respect Zlatan. Very prolific striker.
Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by Jakemedg(m): 5:43pm On May 10, 2020
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
Ibrahimovic grin arrogant modafuka! Beaten by Messi in Spain, Beaten by Didier in France.
forget sentiment ibrahimovic was cheated in the ligue 1
Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by Jostie(m): 6:05pm On May 10, 2020
emmabest2000:

Drogba in eague 1
played 80 games
scored 39 goals

Ibrahimovic in league 1
played 133 games
Scored 112 goals

The difference is clear

Meanwhile can anyone explain what the short man in Argentina shirt was thinking grin

Ode, the jersey shirt says Riquelme and not Messi.

1 Like

Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by Jostie(m): 6:09pm On May 10, 2020
It's obvious that the fans voted based on sentiments and not based on facts nor stats.

1 Like

Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by HundredWays(m): 6:22pm On May 10, 2020
Guapismo:
If it was the other way round, you'll see Africans shouting Racism
dem in Europe are shouting same thing....

Dem hate us black too sad
Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 10, 2020
May he because Marseille won the UEFA cup!!

But in terms of output, Ibrahimovic was better than Drogba!!
Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 10, 2020
emmabest2000:

Drogba in eague 1
played 80 games
scored 39 goals

Ibrahimovic in league 1
played 133 games
Scored 112 goals

The difference is clear

6 Ballon d'ors vs Nobody!
Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by joshuaidibia(m): 6:26pm On May 10, 2020

1 Like

Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 10, 2020
joshuaidibia:

With all him mouth and hate on Ronaldo, Na old retired Drogba even beat am
And you think that is a fair poll??
Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by Cocolatti(m): 6:34pm On May 10, 2020
emmabest2000:

Drogba in eague 1
played 80 games
scored 39 goals

Ibrahimovic in league 1
played 133 games
Scored 112 goals

The difference is clear

Stop Smoking weed una no dey hear.
So Riquelme don turn to that shortman
Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by Playermayweda(m): 6:36pm On May 10, 2020
To say the truth,Zlatan deserves it,He just wasn't given cos everyone hates his big arrogant mouth
Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by joshuaidibia(m): 6:37pm On May 10, 2020
eni4real:
And you think that is a fair poll??

Fair or not. With all his mouth he still can't pull strings? What are you saying. He's just a local champion and will forever be under the shadow of Ronaldo, and forever be hunted by the Euro qualification elimination by Portugal
Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by roomus(m): 6:47pm On May 10, 2020
U know something jare...drogba to IBRA?? Are they whining me?? After messi cr7 na IBRA nah...and he brought attention to a ligue one before the mbappe neymar era...in fact there was no diff in level between french ligue one,Portuguese league,Belgian league and Holland eredivisie before IBRA showed up

andrewbaba44:
Lol this is very funny

How did drogba won this ?

He is no where near cavani in terms of Ligue 1 performance let alone ibra

Anyway what do I know

1 Like

Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by andrewbaba44: 6:58pm On May 10, 2020
roomus:
U know something jare...drogba to IBRA?? Are they whining me?? After messi cr7 na IBRA nah...and he brought attention to a ligue one before the mbappe neymar era...in fact there was no diff in level between french ligue one,Portuguese league,Belgian league and Holland eredivisie before IBRA showed up

Agreed bro

You said the facts
Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by FirstbornWds: 7:06pm On May 10, 2020
emmabest2000:

Drogba in eague 1
played 80 games
scored 39 goals

Ibrahimovic in league 1
played 133 games
Scored 112 goals

The difference is clear

They are only trying to be dubious. Comparing Drogba to Ibrahimovic is just too ridiculous in every ramifications. I mean, Drogba dude didn't even outscore Anelka as a foreign player playing in the EPL, let alone Ibra. PSG and France wouldn't forget him in a jiffy.

1 Like

Re: Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years by Onebyonedead: 7:07pm On May 10, 2020
Guapismo:
If it was the other way round, you'll see Africans shouting Racism

Racism exist

Only if you live outside Africa you will understand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wenger's Resignation: Mourinho, Henry, Fabregas And Others React / Alex Bergantinos Needs 70 Stitches After Being Kicked In The Face(Photos) / Manchester United's Independence Message To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.