Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Covid 19 Versus Cbn : Stamp Duty Wahala! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Covid 19 Versus Cbn : Stamp Duty Wahala! (746 Views)

Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account / POS Stamp Duty: FG Reviews 50 Naira To Transactions Above 10 Thousand Naira / 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid 19 Versus Cbn : Stamp Duty Wahala! by MummyIMadeIt: 11:17am On May 10, 2020
It's Highly unfair to say the least by CBN as an organization to continue with the proposed stamp duty as it is evidence, the harsh realities created by the Covid 19 pandemic is alarming.

In the news the other day, I read where CBN stated it was giving out soft loans as palliatives to SME's this period to cushion the effect on their establishment and revenue generation, but the painstakingly forgot to anul the inhumane Stamp duty imposed on them on financial institutions.

Imagine getting such news from my banking institution at such time....

On February 1st 2020, the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) released a policy directing all banks to apply a stamp duty charge of ₦50 to all inflows of ₦10,000 and above.

You may have noticed this charge on a few of your transactions from April 1st 2020. The charges for February and March 2020 will be deducted from your account on May 9th.

What this means

A charge of ₦100 will be deducted from your account for inflows above ₦10,000 received in February and March 2020. As directed by FGN, funds will be transferred to CBN immediately.

I write from a place of pain and as a Nigerian on behave of the masses, that CBN should look into the issue of Stamp duty and call it off.

Thanks.

Cc. dominique, FOD
Re: Covid 19 Versus Cbn : Stamp Duty Wahala! by Princeadonis(m): 11:25am On May 10, 2020
If this is not UBA lemme break ���
Re: Covid 19 Versus Cbn : Stamp Duty Wahala! by chigoziri2403(m): 11:28am On May 10, 2020
The stamp duty is being collected by CBN on behalf of the federal government and NIPOST, it's not a CBN initiative
The proceeds are accessed by NIPOST
https://www.globasure.net/stamp-duty-in-nigeria-all-you-need-to-know-about-pos-n50-stamp-duties-charges/
Re: Covid 19 Versus Cbn : Stamp Duty Wahala! by MummyIMadeIt: 11:37am On May 10, 2020
Princeadonis:
If this is not UBA lemme break ���

It's them ooo! Imagine what they sent out to customers on top corona palava.
Re: Covid 19 Versus Cbn : Stamp Duty Wahala! by MummyIMadeIt: 11:39am On May 10, 2020
chigoziri2403:
The stamp duty is being collected by CBN on behalf of the federal government and NIPOST, it's not a CBN initiative
The proceeds are accessed by NIPOST
https://www.globasure.net/stamp-duty-in-nigeria-all-you-need-to-know-about-pos-n50-stamp-duties-charges/

OK sir. Let the Federal government cancel it na.

Palliatives I didn't see, instead they are collecting money from me in this hard times.

Hmmmn. This one pass 19!
Re: Covid 19 Versus Cbn : Stamp Duty Wahala! by chigoziri2403(m): 11:47am On May 10, 2020
MummyIMadeIt:

OK sir. Let the Federal government cancel it na.

Palliatives I didn't see, instead they are collecting money from me in this hard times.

Hmmmn. This one pass 19!
if you want to survive in this country, just understand that you don't have a government that cares about you,

1 Like

Re: Covid 19 Versus Cbn : Stamp Duty Wahala! by bustykasa(f): 11:47am On May 10, 2020
UBA have been deducting #50 from my account in the name of stamp duty
Re: Covid 19 Versus Cbn : Stamp Duty Wahala! by MummyIMadeIt: 11:51am On May 10, 2020
chigoziri2403:
if you want to survive in this country, just understand that you don't have a government that cares about you,

Ofcos but how long should a frog stay in water. We need to speak out via any way lossible or else the will sell us and our two generations without our consent.

Since they didn't give me palliative they should cancel this wicked stamp duty na.
Re: Covid 19 Versus Cbn : Stamp Duty Wahala! by MummyIMadeIt: 11:53am On May 10, 2020
bustykasa:
UBA have been deducting #50 from my account in the name of stamp duty

Now it's #100. UBA is one of the most annoying banks in Nigeria.

They were subcharging me unnecessarily and even after complains nothing was done, I had to port.

See UBA their own 19 is more than other banks
Re: Covid 19 Versus Cbn : Stamp Duty Wahala! by bustykasa(f): 12:00pm On May 10, 2020
MummyIMadeIt:

Now it's #100. UBA is one of the most annoying banks in Nigeria.

They were subcharging me unnecessarily and even after complains nothing was done, I had to port.

See UBA their own 19 is more than other banks
why are they the only ones deducting the stamp duty
Re: Covid 19 Versus Cbn : Stamp Duty Wahala! by MummyIMadeIt: 12:18pm On May 10, 2020
bustykasa:

why are they the only ones deducting the stamp duty

Other banks do, I have recieved mails from other banks stating they will kick of next week.
Re: Covid 19 Versus Cbn : Stamp Duty Wahala! by Princeadonis(m): 1:35pm On May 10, 2020
Na 450 dey wan comot from my own embarassed
MummyIMadeIt:

It's them ooo! Imagine what they sent out to customers on top corona palava.
Re: Covid 19 Versus Cbn : Stamp Duty Wahala! by MummyIMadeIt: 2:59pm On May 10, 2020
Princeadonis:
Na 450 dey wan comot from my own embarassed

Ur bank account large be that na cheesy

(1) (Reply)

I Need Your Help Nairalanders / Brand new bikes and used bikes available at affordable prices / Please I Need Business Ideas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.