Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Diff. B/W Sins That Cry To Heaven For Vengeance And Sins Against The Holy Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Diff. B/W Sins That Cry To Heaven For Vengeance And Sins Against The Holy Spirit (389 Views)

Sins That Cry To Heaven For Vengeance / Zimbabwean Pastor, Tito, Arrested For Selling Tickets To Heaven For $500 Each / Is God Punishing Me In My Marriage For My Sins Against His Servant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Diff. B/W Sins That Cry To Heaven For Vengeance And Sins Against The Holy Spirit by weezyk(m): 12:11pm On May 10, 2020
Sins That Cry To Heaven For Vengeance
Sins that cry to Heaven for vengeance (also called screaming sins) are four particularly serious mortal sins, specific instances of which are listed by the Bible.

They are serious transgressions of God’s law, done freely and deliberately with a clear understanding of what they are. Their result is to deny a soul entrance to heaven.
There are particular mortal sins that are so evil that they are said to be sins that cry to heaven for vengeance:

1. Murder: homicide, Abortion, Infanticide, Fratricide, Patricide, and Matricide (Genesis 4:10):

And He said, “What have you done? The voice of your brother’s blood cries out to Me from the ground.
This first murder begins to reveal God's principles of both justice and mercy. Blood spilled in unjust death cries out to be avenged, for the wrong to be made right. God will take responsibility for executing that justice, as well as for making a way for some amount of mercy to be shown to the sinner.

2. Sexual Immorality: Homosexuality, Adultery, Bisexuality, Incest, Rape etc (Genesis 18:20-21):

20 And the LORD said, “The outcry of Sodom and Gomorrah is indeed great, and their sin is exceedingly grave.
21“I will go down now, and see if they have done entirely according to its outcry, which has come to Me; and if not, I will know.”

What the Lord says is ominous. The outcry against the peoples of the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and their sin is grave. The language used is similar to what God said to Cain in Genesis 4:10, "Your brother's blood cries out to me from the ground." In the same poetic sense, the cries of the victims of the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah had reached the ears of God Himself. He was about to execute justice

Jude 1:7 New King James Version
7 As Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

In this verse Jude presents another example of God's punishment of those who despise His laws and follow their sinful lusts. He mentions Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns.

3. Oppression of The Poor, The Cry of the Foreigner, the Widow, and The orphan: Slavery, Neglect, Bigotry, or Marginalization. (Exodus 2:23):

23 And it came to pass in process of time, that the king of Egypt died: and the children of Israel sighed by reason of the bondage, and they cried, and their cry came up unto God by reason of the bondage.
24 And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob.
25 And God looked upon the children of Israel, and God had respect unto them.

This "crying out" is both an ongoing call and also took place on specific occasions (Exodus 14:10). This pattern would repeat in the book of Judges, where the people would "cry out" when in trouble and receive the help of the Lord (Judges 3:9, 15; 4:3; 6:6–7).

The plight of the nation of Israel, and God's response, are important when interpreting the Bible's stance on slavery.

4. Defrauding Workers of Their Just Wages
The "injustice to the wage earner": taking advantage of and defrauding workers (KJV James 5:4).
4 Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.

Here, James charges these abusive rich men not just with neglect and selfishness, but with outright fraud. These wealthy businessmen cheated their own employees out of the wages they had earned working in the fields. In the Old Testament Law, employers were commanded to pay their laborers at the end of the work day, because the workers needed the money and they might cry out to the Lord if cheated by their employer (Deuteronomy 24:15). James describes the unpaid money itself as crying out against the oppressive landowners, along with the voices of the workers.

Sins Against The Holy Spirit
According to the Gospel of Matthew 12:30-32 : "Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. And so I tell you, any sin and blasphemy can be forgiven. But blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

Sins against the Holy Spirit efers to the sin of rejecting God’s grace; it is a rejection of God’s offer of salvation—complete rejection of the actions, incessant invitations, and warnings of the Holy Spirit.

Luke 12:8-10 : "I tell you, whoever acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man will also acknowledge him before the angels of God. But he who disowns me before men will be disowned before the angels of God. And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven."

Sins against the Holy Spirit are mortal sins that harden a soul by its rejection of the Holy Spirit. Six sins are in this category. They are despair, presumption, envy, obstinacy in sin, final impenitence, and deliberate resistance to the known truth.

Mark 3:28-30 : 28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: 29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation. 30 - Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Below are six sins against the Holy Spirit that can't be forgiven. � Some of them can only be committed by nonbelievers, while others could be committed by believers:

1. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit – This is the most serious offense against the Holy Spirit, for there is no forgiveness for the person who commits it. The work of the Spirit is to convict us of sin and bring us to Jesus Christ. To blaspheme Him is similar to insulting, in that we resist His work altogether. This should not be the concern of any Christian, for this is not a sin he can or will commit. (KJV Matthew 12:31)

2. Lying to or tempting the Holy Spirit – As brought to us in detail in the story of the greed of Ananias and Sapphira in secretly withholding a part of the price of the land which was sold to provide money to be held in common interest by all. (KJV Acts 5: 4-9)

3. Despising the Holy Spirit – Exceeding rejection of Christ by verbally and actively discounting Christ to others and ridiculing to all that His blood sacrifice counts for nothing. Actively working to discourage or terminate another’s belief in Christ. (KJV Hebrews 10:29)

4. Resisting or striving with the Holy Spirit – Choosing to resist the promptings (the convicting of the Holy Spirit to convince you of your sinfulness) of the Holy spirit as he judges. Man was given 120 years after the warning of the coming judgement of the great flood before it actually occurred. During that time that the Lord’s Spirit (the Holy Spirit) judged and convicted them of their sinfulness, yet only Noah (means “rest”) and his family responded and moved with that conviction. In similar manner, if we resist or continue to resist the promptings of the Holy Spirit, we do so at great peril. (KJV Genesis 6:3)

5. Vexing or grieving the Holy Spirit – Making the Holy Spirit weary with you. That sounds impossible, or too simple, but remember how Israel would win battles when they did not grieve the Lord with their all too common disobedience, and of how they would lose battles and eventually lose their nation when they did grieve God. Also, immediately preceding the Immanuel Prophecy (Isaiah 7:14) there is a good example of the word “weary” (grieve) is given in Isaiah 7:13, where Isaiah answers king Ahaz: “Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but you weary my God also?(KJV Isaiah 7:13, 63:10 and Ephesians 4:30)

6. Quenching the Holy Spirit – Very similar to resisting the Holy Spirit, but in the sense of hindering His promptings so as to suppress them.(KJV 1 Thessalonians: 5:19)
When comparing these examples to one another, a clear and central theme emerges: they are all varying degrees of “disbelief”. (“But without faith, it is impossible to please God;” Hebrews 11:6)

Thanks for reading �.

Source: https://whenhow24..com/2020/05/differences-between-sins-that-cry-to.html

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Ways God Use In Calling His Servants This Days? / MFM (PMCH) Power Must Change Hands Prayer Points For July 2020 (PDF) / The Benefits Of Hearing From Both Sides-aluu Vs OPM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.