Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted (14941 Views)

Lagos Discharges Four More COVID-19 Patients / Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home / Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted by oshozondii: 1:17pm On May 10, 2020
Security agencies are tracking two persons who, after isolating in their homes pending receipt of their test results, fled their homes and have been incommunicado since being informed that they had tested positive and would be moved to the KDSG isolation centre for treatment
https://twitter.com/GovKaduna/status/1259456308677414915?s=19

KDSG tells persons who are Covid-19 positive to submit
themselves for treatment in isolation centres

The Kaduna State Ministry of Health has reiterated that anybody who tests positive
for Covid-19 must submit themselves for treatment at the isolation centre. The
Ministry warned that it is illegal and dangerous for Covid-19 positive to switch off
their phones and make themselves inaccessible to health authorities after being
notified of their test results.

Commissioner of Health Dr. Amina Mohammed-Baloni issued this warning today. She
disclosed that two persons who were on isolation pending receipts of their test
results were duly informed on Friday that they had tested positive. Health officials
subsequently notified them that a team will be coming to convey them to the
isolation centre for treatment. These persons subsequently switched off their phones
and have remained incommunicado.

These reckless action of theirs is endangering themselves, their families and the
larger community. Similar irresponsible conduct by some Covid-19 positive cases has
been reported in another state. It isa pattern of behaviour that must be stopped
because it is patently dangerous to public safety.

Details of the two persons involved have been communicated to the security
agencies for tracking and surveillance. Members of the public who may have relevant
information on the whereabouts of these persons are urged to promptly contact the
authorities.

Covid-19 is not a death sentence. Persons who receive treatment promptly have a
higher chance of defeating the disease. Twelve persons have so far been discharged
in Kaduna State after receiving treatment and our health professionals are working
hard for the recovery of other patients. However, positive but asymptomatic persons
and untreated Covid-19 cases have a high chance of infecting others and
endangering their well-being. Knowingly infecting others and displaying an absence
of consideration for the welfare of others is not a responsible response to this highly
infectious disease.

Dr. Amina Mohammed-Baloni
Commissioner of Health
10th May 2020

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted by Ghostrye: 1:19pm On May 10, 2020
all these runners, shey they no dey feed them wella for there abi is there another agenda going on at those isolation centres
modified: so I was FTC and I didn't even know chai this is a great and marvelous thing smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted by ignis: 1:20pm On May 10, 2020
I won't blame the runners

7 Likes

Re: Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:23pm On May 10, 2020
Getting this virus is not a death sentence I stil wondering why they are running away

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted by Perfecttouchade: 1:24pm On May 10, 2020
Dem no see chicken chop na
Re: Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted by SavedbyGod: 1:52pm On May 10, 2020
God help us

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted by NotNairalandi(m): 1:52pm On May 10, 2020
Who knows how many people they have come in contact with by now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted by GreatResearcher1: 1:52pm On May 10, 2020
Shoot at sight
Re: Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted by paulolee(m): 1:52pm On May 10, 2020
good....running away from isolation centers is not a good tin no matter how bad d centers are...heard its jus lyk a prison sentence n d worst part is dt the victims just have malaria symthoms n they choose to lock u up without food and even average welfare...dnt kno when we would get things right in this country...if baba fela with all the history and education and also weed inspiration he had did not kno...who am i to kno e go betta sha..dm say na poor man prayer bt watin man go pray for again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted by smalline8(m): 1:52pm On May 10, 2020
Sometimes, I wonder why some of these people run away from isolation centers and treatments.

I can only imagine what is happening inside those isolation centers that would make people that wants to get better prefer to die outside. It's better not to have corona ooh..... Something isn't right about this whole shitty Nigerian corona scandal....
Stay safe people

5 Likes

Re: Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted by stonemind(f): 1:53pm On May 10, 2020
I beg you people should leave them alone they only have melaria..
Re: Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted by airminem(f): 1:53pm On May 10, 2020
Running humans

undecided when you have LOCKED the state against the majority wishes

People must die, even though then Government lockdown for 52 weeks.... Sad thrust lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 10, 2020
Arrewa and Tissaia.
They should be well on their way to the south now.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted by Hndrrxxx(m): 1:54pm On May 10, 2020
The northerners been drawing NIGERIA backwards since 1882��
Re: Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted by airminem(f): 1:54pm On May 10, 2020
lipsrsealed

H for Hausa undecided
stonemind:
h

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted by visijo(m): 1:54pm On May 10, 2020
Inside life gan...

Gay rescued a girl who was about to be rape by a guy then raped the guy.�

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted by BecomeALandLord(m): 1:56pm On May 10, 2020
Sad that they are running away.....I guess all this boils down to trust.
They don't trust this government on their welfare.
They rather run away than go to an isolation centre.

When those in isolation are crying everyday of neglect and hunger that's why this new people that tested positive are running away.

Meanwhile, we are into real estate, check us out for genuine and affordable real estate deals
Re: Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted by Farki: 1:56pm On May 10, 2020
Abeg let's behave so they don't have to lock Nigeria away for the next 5 years.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted by anytexy: 1:56pm On May 10, 2020
Fade up with Coro news already.
Re: Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted by sylve11: 1:56pm On May 10, 2020
Where Asafa Powell and Usain Bolt know wey dem dey run go now? sad cool
Re: Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted by Ussycool: 1:57pm On May 10, 2020
ISOLATION CENTERS IS JUST LIKE OUR PRISONS.
Re: Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted by stonemind(f): 1:57pm On May 10, 2020
airminem:
lipsrsealed

H for Hausa undecided

this girl pls stop stalking me naaw, I'll report you to my girlfriend now!
airminem:
lipsrsealed

H for Hausa undecided

this girl pls stop stalking me naaw, I'll report you to my girlfriend now!

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted by sonnie10: 1:58pm On May 10, 2020
Why do they run away self?
Re: Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted by CasNova: 1:58pm On May 10, 2020
Lord have mercy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

26 Tips For Managing Stress / 2022 List Of States With The Highest HIV Rate In Nigeria / Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.