Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,556 members, 7,823,442 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business (7831 Views)

N500b Capital Base: Capital Needed By Commercial Banks With International Spread / The Live Update Of Mba Forex And Capital Investment / Is POS Business Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by preshlacute(m): 1:45pm On May 10, 2020
Please, fellow Nairalanders, it's urgent. I need you to enlighten me on how POS business works.
I'm planning to start the business, but I don't even know the way to go about it.
Can you guys put me through and guide me on the capital needed to start the business and is it profitable? Thanks in anticipation for your responses.

1 Like

Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by mascotblaze(m): 3:38pm On May 10, 2020
Will try to write something here later tonight. I am into this presently.

2 Likes

Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by preshlacute(m): 8:08pm On May 10, 2020
mascotblaze:
Will try to write something here later tonight. I am into this presently.
Thanks man... Please I'll be expecting your write-up.
Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by ublight: 9:10pm On May 10, 2020
i think d business don cast

1 Like

Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by preshlacute(m): 10:07pm On May 10, 2020
ublight:
i think d business don cast
Why you talk so? We don't have any point at the area I stay for now and banks/ATM is far...
Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by mascotblaze(m): 10:01am On May 11, 2020
preshlacute:

Why you talk so? We don't have any point at the area I stay for now and banks/ATM is far...
That's the first hurdle you've crossed

2 Likes

Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by preshlacute(m): 1:03pm On May 11, 2020
mascotblaze:

That's the first hurdle you've crossed
Yeah man, but how do I go about getting the POS machine and like how much will it cost me?

1 Like

Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by mascotblaze(m): 5:17pm On May 11, 2020
preshlacute:

Yeah man, but how do I go about getting the POS machine and like how much will it cost me?

POS business is a very lucrative business and as such you can't run at a loss unless you misappropriate your capital. It's a business that can guarantee you 3k to 10k daily. I know this and I am presently into the business.

From experience I'd advice you get a 3rd party POS machine (paycentre #14k, opay #30k - 40k, Kudi #75k). Any of those 3 will do but paycentre most times have network related issues, opay is good but Kudi has the strongest network of them all.

Requirements for getting POS

You'll get in touch with an existing agent or the customer care, tell them you'd need to get their POS machine, you'd need to get ready the following:
Passport
I.D card
Utility bill
#14,000
A preferred account number of your choice
A very good smartphone

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by Amaso99(m): 7:03pm On May 11, 2020
preshlacute:
Please, fellow Nairalanders, it's urgent. I need you to enlighten me on how POS business works.
I'm planning to start the business, but I don't even know the way to go about it.
Can you guys put me through and guide me on the capital needed to start the business and is it profitable? Thanks in anticipation for your responses.
op drop ur number let's linkup

1 Like 1 Share

Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by ublight: 7:43pm On May 11, 2020
Amaso99:
hmmm
Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by ublight: 7:48pm On May 11, 2020
i go like try this one too o
Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by olamidarsenal(m): 8:00pm On May 11, 2020
Try and go for opay because of their good network, since I have been using it, I haven't experience any withdrawal issue, it will cost u 20k to get their POS.

2 Likes

Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by mascotblaze(m): 8:05pm On May 11, 2020
olamidarsenal:
Try and go for opay because of their good network, since I have been using it, I haven't experience any withdrawal issue, it will cost u 20k to get their POS.

Good one..... Is that the price for the Android POS?
Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by preshlacute(m): 10:00pm On May 11, 2020
mascotblaze:

POS business is a very lucrative business and as such you can't run at a loss unless you misappropriate your capital. It's a business that can guarantee you 3k to 10k daily. I know this and I am presently into the business.

From experience I'd advice you get a 3rd party POS machine (paycentre #14k, opay #30k - 40k, Kudi #75k). Any of those 3 will do but paycentre most times have network related issues, opay is good but Kudi has the strongest network of them all.

Requirements for getting POS

You'll get in touch with an existing agent or the customer care, tell them you'd need to get their POS machine, you'd need to get ready the following:
Passport
I.D card
Utility bill
#14,000
A preferred account number of your choice
A very good smartphone

Thanks so much for the info... I'll try to get in contact with an Opay agent I know...
Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by preshlacute(m): 10:03pm On May 11, 2020
Amaso99:
you can call me, that's my number 09038134459
Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by mascotblaze(m): 10:08pm On May 11, 2020
preshlacute:

Thanks so much for the info... I'll try to get in contact with an Opay agent I know...

That will be better....

1 Like

Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by Anjela001: 10:09pm On May 11, 2020
Please do the first right thing:

"Register a business name for it"
Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by preshlacute(m): 10:14pm On May 11, 2020
olamidarsenal:

Just 20k...?
Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by Amaso99(m): 10:18pm On May 11, 2020
preshlacute:

you can call me, that's my number 09038134459
ok
Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by preshlacute(m): 11:34pm On May 11, 2020
Anjela001:
Please do the first right thing:
"Register a business name for it"
Yeah, someone also told me about that, what's the major reason for that...?
Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by Carmal90(m): 5:36am On May 12, 2020
olamidarsenal:

Hi,
Is it instant deployment of POS if I pay the 20k??
I am on the verge of paying, but need to be sure..
Regards
Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by Donshegxy10(m): 9:32am On May 12, 2020
please if I pay 20k, what is the commission like and at what point will the POS become mine.
Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by olamidarsenal(m): 12:08pm On May 12, 2020
Carmal90:

Hi,
Is it instant deployment of POS if I pay the 20k??
I am on the verge of paying, but need to be sure..
Regards

I was given d POS the day I paid d 20k at their office in Ikeja, Lagos. I was using their application for like a month and half, then they called me to come to their office with 20k to collect d POS

1 Like

Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by mascotblaze(m): 12:41pm On May 12, 2020
cool
Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by mascotblaze(m): 12:43pm On May 12, 2020
olamidarsenal:

I was given d POS the day I paid d 20k at their office in Ikeja, Lagos. I was using their application for like a month and half, then they called me to come to their office with 20k to collect d POS

I was expecting you to say this.... You are not buying OPAY POS for 20k.... The 20k is for damages or whatever they call it. You can download their app on playstore and start running transfers.... There is a criteria for selecting who qualifies for their POS based on number of transactions and total sum you did in a month. Once you meet up that target, opay representative will call you and you'll go pick up the POS with your 20k. Meanwhile, once you register on opay and you start transacting, you'd be called within the first week of usage to guide you and lay out their requirements for you to understand

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by Carmal90(m): 1:35pm On May 12, 2020
olamidarsenal:

Thanks for this information.
What are you using the application for if I must ask?
Because here people are more inclined to withdrawal than depositing.
Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by olamidarsenal(m): 4:39pm On May 12, 2020
Carmal90:

Thanks for this information.
What are you using the application for if I must ask?
Because here people are more inclined to withdrawal than depositing.
For transfer, airtime, tv subscription like gotv, dstb, startime. The more u use d app, the better your chances of getting d POS.

Alternatively, u can go for PAYCENTER with just 14k

2 Likes

Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by Carmal90(m): 4:43pm On May 12, 2020
olamidarsenal:

For transfer, airtime, tv subscription like gotv, dstb, startime. The more u use d app, the better your chances of getting d POS.

Alternatively, u can go for PAYCENTER with just 14k

Heard pay center network is not too good.
Thanks for the info sir.
Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by Legitz: 9:00am On May 30, 2020
I heard agent can't transfer on Kudi POS , what's the way out for a new agent going into POS business with Kudi machine as his/her first machine
Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by walkwithgod(m): 11:36am On May 30, 2020
I was doing a bit of research on this POS business and I came across baxi.com

They are into bills payment aswell, they have thier office in lagos.

You can check them out.

I've been trying to contact paga, the idiots don't reply mails or pick calls. Opay requirements are cut throat (you must have performed transaction of over 1M in the past 3 months...inflow and outflow...where my papa wan see that Kain money ? I be armed robber ? )

5 Likes

Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by ublight: 2:28pm On May 30, 2020
i think pay center is the easiest point of entry
Re: URGENT: Guidelines And Capital Needed To Start A POS Business by olawunmi400: 2:44pm On May 31, 2020
olamidarsenal:

Pls does it have any specific amount that has to b run on their app before d Pos can be gotten cos I was called for d pos before this lock down started but due to no movement issue, I couldn't go for it.Now that there is relaxation, they have given someone I knew recently but haven't get back to me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Will Resist Any Attempt To Sell Shell Assets - PENGASSAN / Info From Experinced Aliexpress Buyers. / Oyo Issues Seven-day Quit Notice To Roadside Traders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.