Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,950 members, 7,824,981 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

How Come Nairaland Don't Have A Privacy Policy? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Come Nairaland Don't Have A Privacy Policy? (935 Views)

If Svelte Is That Great How Come React Is Dominating / Nairaland Don't Assist Other Website / Are You New To Programming? Want To Learn But Do Not Know How? Come In! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Come Nairaland Don't Have A Privacy Policy? by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 10, 2020
Was just wondering... Is not important or the owners of Nairaland forgot to include it.

Still at that the Disclaimer seems to be the shortest Disclaimer of any popular websites I've visited throughout the years?

Is privacy policy useless for a forum?
Or don't The forum (Nairaland) care to tell us how our data is being used?

Seun?
Re: How Come Nairaland Don't Have A Privacy Policy? by ignis: 8:42pm On May 10, 2020
Bonatheripper:
Was just wondering... Is not important or the owners of Nairaland forgot to include it.

Still at that the Disclaimer seems to be the shortest Disclaimer of any popular websites I've visited throughout the years?

Seun?

Nigerians like us don't like reading long write-ups, the shorter the better please.

1 Like

Re: How Come Nairaland Don't Have A Privacy Policy? by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 10, 2020
ignis:

Nigerians like us don't like reading long write-ups, the shorter the better please.
Ok
Re: How Come Nairaland Don't Have A Privacy Policy? by scoundrel(f): 8:56pm On May 10, 2020
OP is not here to gain knowledge. He’s only here to throw or trade insults. Let me exit this thread now.

1 Like

Re: How Come Nairaland Don't Have A Privacy Policy? by ignis: 9:02pm On May 10, 2020
Bonatheripper:

Are u a fish?
Because I can spot fishbrains allover you

I was thinking you are reasonable enough.

I was wrong though.

Bye.
Re: How Come Nairaland Don't Have A Privacy Policy? by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 10, 2020
ignis:

I was thinking you are reasonable enough.

I was wrong though.

Bye.
Edited.
Sorry.
But your reply was too forward.

Don't generalize next time
Re: How Come Nairaland Don't Have A Privacy Policy? by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 10, 2020
scoundrel:
OP is not here to gain knowledge. He’s only here to throw or trade insults. Let me exit this thread now.
But I mention you, you will reply
Re: How Come Nairaland Don't Have A Privacy Policy? by emmy512: 9:14pm On May 10, 2020
Bonatheripper:

Seun?
I thought about this last week but i i said to myself what can go wrong in nairaland.
The only personal details they have is our email scared of the email going to the wrong hands? Our email address is everywhere on the net already, what more can we fear?
Our messages and threads can be publicly accessed so what is their to be private about.
Re: How Come Nairaland Don't Have A Privacy Policy? by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 10, 2020
emmy512:

I thought about this last week but i i said to myself what can go wrong in nairaland.
The only personal details they have is our email scared of the email going to the wrong hands? Our email address is everywhere on the net already, what more can we fear?
Our messages and threads can be publicly accessed so what is their to be private about.
Nevertheless I feel it's a necessity they should out in place to tell us even how the smallest data is being used?
Won't that make them more official or aren't they big enough to provide such details in place?
Unless they still regard the forum as a child's ace because a normal bloke won't think or enquire about such issues
Re: How Come Nairaland Don't Have A Privacy Policy? by DriggityDre: 11:12pm On May 10, 2020
scoundrel:
OP is not here to gain knowledge. He’s only here to throw or trade insults.
Analysis 100
Re: How Come Nairaland Don't Have A Privacy Policy? by CODEIN: 8:04pm On Jul 14, 2020
Because nairaland from the onset was created to reflect the Zoo you all consider to be country.

Does an animal zoo have privacy policy ?

People go there to Watch animals have sex, do their thing while in cages.

So Nairaland is a depiction of the cage (nigeria) where everyone (animals) lives in, so no privacy policy.

Understand ?
Re: How Come Nairaland Don't Have A Privacy Policy? by Ajibade123(m): 8:28pm On Jul 14, 2020
CODEIN:
Because nairaland from the onset was created to reflect the Zoo you all consider to be country.

Does an animal zoo have privacy policy ?

People go there to Watch animals have sex, do their thing while in cages.

So Nairaland is a depiction of the cage (nigeria) where everyone (animals) lives in, so no privacy policy.

Understand ?
go back, sit down and read your Comment again and see if this your comment is making any sense

2 Likes

Re: How Come Nairaland Don't Have A Privacy Policy? by CODEIN: 12:00am On Jul 15, 2020
Ajibade123:

go back, sit down and read your Comment again and see if this your comment is making any sense
It doesnt need to make any sense to you, but Im sure you get the point I’m trying to drive at there
Re: How Come Nairaland Don't Have A Privacy Policy? by EvilSec: 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2020
Bonatheripper:

Seun?
It just means Seun won't think twice about selling your data for less than 2k.
Re: How Come Nairaland Don't Have A Privacy Policy? by EvilSec: 5:13pm On Jul 15, 2020
emmy512:

They have your email address, browser type, IP address, and probably your OS type. It's a fucking big deal at the wrong hands
Re: How Come Nairaland Don't Have A Privacy Policy? by codeigniter(m): 12:45pm On Jul 19, 2020
Nairaland uses Google analytics, so whatever is done here is been tracked by the almighty google. who really care about privacy, all those shit about privacy are for legal stuff, if we really care about privacy then there will be no social media.

(1) (Reply)

Healthcare Mobile App Development, Healthcare App Developer / My Journey Into The World Of Data Science / Reviews Needed On This Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.