Stats: 3,158,039 members, 7,835,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses (26727 Views)

How Rich Men In Orifite In Anambra Are Making Their Town Economic Viable (Photo) / Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) / Nigeria’s Major Airports Not Designed For International Operations - Hadi Sirika (2) (3) (4)

Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by Awoleesu(m): 9:35am On May 11, 2020
Privatize them. That should turn their fortunes around...

That's what smart governments do!
Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by PortHarcourt1st: 9:37am On May 11, 2020
PORT HARCOURT is the most polluted city in the world

Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by Cheechy(f): 9:42am On May 11, 2020
Temptee101:

Not only airports.

The whole zoo is not viable, it should be shutdown, broken into different fragments and auctioned on eBay for buyers.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by Umorosky17(m): 9:43am On May 11, 2020
Kinematics:

Before you start celebrating in self deceit
Thanks for the statistics,some ppl talk and think with their anus.
Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by Olunmercy56(f): 10:06am On May 11, 2020
chibuike53:

U don't have sense

All your family do have sense, oponu
Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by Niccoloimhotep: 10:06am On May 11, 2020
Kinematics:

Before you start celebrating in self deceit
before you continually deceive yourself, acknowledge that the report i quoted was april 2020 from FAAN's report while the stupid picture you pasted up there was from way back in 2013, 7 years ago! Now ask yourself who is self deceiving who. Moreover, the enugu that's the bone of contention was not even featured in your picture, we all know enugu airport has been undergoing rehabilitation and reconstruction for ages past, but despite that, the report still kudos it and reported its only second to Lagos and Abuja airports only. Fact and figures are there in the report but you must argue blindly to feed yourself your daily douse of ignorance innit?

Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by StreetFight: 10:10am On May 11, 2020
SeverusSnape:

Every sector under this administration is going down the drain.

Including looting sectot

Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by Jokerman(m): 10:12am On May 11, 2020
When you keep stealing and looting, how do you want any progress??
Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by Goke7: 10:13am On May 11, 2020
with good road and rail network, Nigeria does not need more than 5 airports

Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by Reference(m): 10:17am On May 11, 2020
Coldie:

With the return of the trains a lot of airports will become very useless

Trains are meant to crush the cost of doing business. A typical freight train will carry what hundreds of trucks will carry with tje added advantage of safety and security.

Trains are the backbone of infrastructural development. With trains even sand can be sent from the deserts of Sokoto to the coast at a viable rate. Agri comodities, solid minerals all become viable.

With trains you can effectively decongest city centres driving down the cost of accomodation.

Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by TheBlessedHero: 10:17am On May 11, 2020
Temptee101:

Not only airports.

The whole zoo is not viable, it should be shutdown, broken into different fragments and auctioned on eBay for buyers.

They should please sell southwest to USA, the rest can be bought by Rwanda. cheesy cheesy
Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by Kinematics: 10:20am On May 11, 2020
tonididdy:

I haven't spoken otherwise. For the article to say PH is in profit, that's what baffled me the most. How did they come up with the figures?

As busy as PH airport claims to be, how many domestic flights land there? Only Lagos and abuja, maybe Kano as for international flights I'd say zero patronage because on several occasions I have had pals take flights out of PH to Lagos and abuja to catch an international flight.

Ps I live in PH several years so I know my onions on the state.

Do you see the international patronage? That 1m person on domestic flights you see there are leaving to catch international flights in either Lagos or Abuja.

It's obvious that you are blind. No wonder you cant see that both international and domestic flights are shown on this picture.

Now go pick your glasses and look again, this time not with an ipoo eye and skull

Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by PortHarcourt1st: 10:24am On May 11, 2020
Kinematics:

It's obvious that you are blind. No wonder you cant see that both local and domestic flight arr shown on this picture.

Wene badu, does it change the fact that PORT HARCOURT is a shithole and most polluted city in the world cheesy

Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by Vulcan24(m): 10:24am On May 11, 2020
u caddy money from aviation go do big boy dey pay mgt big salary

u think aviation is oil n gas

mismanagement has been killing this sector not because it is not profitable or viable .... it is the greedy impatient nature of Nigerians

they are not familiar with how the biz works
Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by tonididdy(m): 10:25am On May 11, 2020
Kinematics:

It's obvious that you are blind. No wonder you cant see that both local and domestic flight arr shown on this picture.

Now go pick your glasses and look again, this time not with an ipoo eye and skull
You are a fool to think I am Yoruba.
Since you have stooped so low to insult your ancestors.
Let me help you finish them for you.
I posted the photo, didn't you think I had seen everything in it.
Anofia
Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by Newboss(m): 10:26am On May 11, 2020
Ghengiskhan:
All this is due to the massive corruption in FAAN and the fact that FAAN employ too many staffs doing nothing, FG should privatize FAAN, only Aviation security and fire should be under FG. Aviation security staff should be reduced too many people doing nothing

I'm still trying to wrap my head around 12,000 staff in ordinary 22 airports. Average of over 545 staff per airport.

Are they doing leguke or construction work there?

Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by PortHarcourt1st: 10:27am On May 11, 2020
tonididdy:

Anofia

That is all kinematics does. He goes about insulting everyone because PORT HARCOURT has been exposed as the shithole it is. cheesy

Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by Kinematics: 10:27am On May 11, 2020
tonididdy:

Anofia

Point where I said or think you are yoruba?
Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by PortHarcourt1st: 10:31am On May 11, 2020
Kinematics:

Point where I said or think you are yoruba?

Shut up your dirty mouth this illiterate cultist from PORT HARCOURT shithole. See your PORT HARCOURT is filled with shanties cheesy

Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by Thatsammie(m): 10:31am On May 11, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Nice
Still on yesterday's birthday

Airtel: 0847122840513061
Keep doing a good job Damnnnnnn niggarr.

Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by koning: 10:34am On May 11, 2020
Hoephase:
Enugu airport has entered voicemail be that oooh.

God "airpus ooh"

Enugu has always been the 3rd most viable airport in Nigeria. After Lagos and abuja. Enugu is third. It is currently undergoing massive renovation to upgrade it's international status.

If not for corruption eh. igbos for no dey land in Lagos at all.
Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by ikdaddy01(m): 10:36am On May 11, 2020
Sombori is clearing up his side of the table
Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by stonemasonn: 10:37am On May 11, 2020
livebyday:

That's because you used the policies and media to demarket other states how can you market only Lagos and Abuja as commercial and secure states when in reality you can be safer in benue state than Lagos ?

Off course embassies won't open offices in the same Calabar that you use your ethnic media to market as full of savages and poor people or would Russia open an embassy in Taraba when you market there as a haven for Fulani terrorists ?

You use tribalism and biases to kill states and make them unfavorable to foreigners hence their airports and sea ports die

I laugh when I hear some colleagues beat their chest saying everyone wants to come to Lagos and end with eko Oni babe

In my mind I think , give an idoma man or tiv man or ishan man the same opportunities you monopolize in Lagos and see if the population in Lagos won't drop by over 60%

How can you make it more expensive for me to clear goods in calabar port that is next door to me than for me to clear in Lagos ports ?

Does that make sense anywhere in the world ?

Let's stop this ethnical biases and watch all airports and seaports function well

stop talking rubbish...you can form your own media and market your place.
Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by livebyday(m): 10:37am On May 11, 2020
stonemasonn:
stop talking rubbish...you can form your own media and market your place.

Useless comment
Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by stonemasonn: 10:40am On May 11, 2020
livebyday:
[s][/s]

Useless comment
Always giving Yorubas a bad name so you can hang them.. .you can't look inwards to find the source of your problems.
Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by Faitido(m): 10:48am On May 11, 2020
What is really viable in this country?

Check out how my Writing Gig can help you

https://www.fiverr.com/amberclooney?up_rollout=true
Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by CreekCommando: 10:54am On May 11, 2020
Nigeria is a wicked enclave and the wicked don't prosper. You mean Enugu airport before its acclaimed closure for renovation was 3rd behind Lagos and Abuja but they ran the place with I-better pass-my-neighbour-generator? There was a day I landed via Ethiopia Airline and we had so many foreigners - Whites and yellow Asians; it took over 4 hours to complete screening us for exit. When I asked the immigration guy incharge, he said Abuja does not approve any of their requests but will quickly approve that of Gombe or Katsina airport with ghost passengers. Nigeria will continue to die until justice is prioritized.
Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by livebyday(m): 10:56am On May 11, 2020
stonemasonn:
Always giving Yorubas a bad name so you can hang them.. .you can't look inwards to find the source of your problems.

Are you calling me a tribalist? That would be in error

Why not respect yourself?
Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by stonemasonn: 10:57am On May 11, 2020
livebyday:

Are you coming me a tribalist? That would be in error

Why not respect yourself?
Yes you are a tribalist.
Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by Alabaarowolo: 11:02am On May 11, 2020
COVID-19: Despite rising cases, Nigerians say no going back to lockdown
Barely one week after the lockdown was eased in FCT, Lagos and Ogun states, the number of COVID-19 cases has risen from to 4, 151, with 745 discharged and 128 deaths.
The breakdown showed  Lagos state has so far reported 1,764 cases, with Kano trailing with  576, FCT – 343, Bauchi – 161, Borno – 159, Katsina – 156, Ogun – 115, Gombe – 110, Kaduna – 98, Sokoto – 96, Jigawa – 83, Edo – 67, Zamfara – 65.Oyo – 64, Osun – 38, Kwara – 30, Nasarawa – 25, Rivers – 21, Kebbi – 18, Delta – 17, Plateau – 17, Adamawa – 17, Akwa Ibom – 17, Taraba – 15, Ondo – 15, Yobe – 13, Ekiti – 13, Enugu – 10,Ebonyi – 7, Niger – 6, Bayelsa – 5, Benue – 2, Imo – 3, Abia – 2, and Anambra – 1.
The development has become a source of worry for both the federal and Lagos state governments, who both expressed concerns over non-adherence to guidelines released by the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 on the eased lockdown.
FG/LASG threat
At the daily update on its activities Thursday, the PTF warned of a possible fresh lockdown of the country over the violation of the guidelines on the eased lockdown.
National Coordinator of the task force, Dr Sani Aliyu, said if Nigerians continued to fail to respect and follow all the guidelines, the PTF might review and possibly change them. https://www.blueprint.ng/covid-19-despite-rising-cases-nigerians-say-no-going-back-to-lockdown/

Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by jasawa: 11:02am On May 11, 2020
coins501:
Buhari's government is one of the biggest scams of the 21st century. How this dull man managed to fool very enlightened Nigerians to vote him in 2015 is still a mystery.
Continue mixing codeine and cocaine , very soon you will become more popular than Ffk
Re: 17 FG Airports Not Viable, May Shut Down Over Losses by saraki2019(m): 11:04am On May 11, 2020
Temptee101:

Not only airports.

then your portion will be bought by chinese, and used for testing of bio-weapons like corona virus, SARS and other chemical weapons, mumu, you dont know what God has done for you by making a nigerian.

This Is A Desert… But Once A Year It Turns Into Something Else / Pictures Of Most Haunted Places In The World / 20 Dead As Dams Burst In Bahia, Brazil As Region Hit By Floods(photos, Video)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53