Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,918 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

Eke Day Prayer With Kolanut(oji Igbo) For Progress - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Eke Day Prayer With Kolanut(oji Igbo) For Progress (10282 Views)

This Is Why We Do Say Prayers With Oji (kolanut) And Oseoji(alligator Pepper) / Kolanut Reading _ Spiritual Consultation With Kolanut _ Iji Ọjị Gbaa Afa / Ooni Performs Ifa Festival Where Kolanut Is Mysteriously Swallowed By Ground(piç (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eke Day Prayer With Kolanut(oji Igbo) For Progress by Obeleagu121: 7:35am On May 11, 2020
Today is eke market day,
Taa bu ubosi nketa iheoma,aku na uba
We igbos know that when gifts are shared spiritually we need to get ours first as giant of Africa who are after Gods heart,so what we will do now is to go to the market before morning sunrise and get a 4cotyledon kolanut ,
In our class on WhatsApp we had teaching on kolanuts and there cotyledon meanings,but eight now we will reteach it for some of us to understand the natural fruit we are blessed with with the help of creation ,
Kolanut is a sacred fruit ,its called ofo,when you are not innocent and online with creation ,nature and innocency you don't touch kola,every thing we see in the world have its reason for creation ,

As a symbol, kolanut has been widely used by all ethnic groups in Nigeria, particularly amongst the Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa tribes. There is an age old saying in Nigeria, "kolanut is produced in the West by Yorubas, consumed in the North by Hausas and worshiped in the East by Igbos,

Kolanut is used to grace social rituals of hospitality as welcome offerings to guests; as sacred offering in religious rites and prayers; in ancestor veneration. It's use is extremely common in gatherings for important life events such as weddings, naming ceremonies, funerals and memorials.

The Hausas call it gworo, the yorubas call it Obi while the Igbos oji or more commonly oji igbo

Kolanut is sacred thats why we say “kola is life”, kola symbolizes peace. This is why an Igbo man would welcome you with kola nuts when you visit his home, saying “onye wetere oji, wetere udo”, which translates to “he who brings kola, brings peace.”
In kolanuts we have different parts which we call cotyledons ranging from 1 to 6 or above ,

Kola with one cotyledon is a dumb kola or Ọjị ogbu. It is called ọjị mmụọ, that is, kola of the spirits. It is not eaten.
-Kola with two cotyledons is equally a dumb kola and it is not eaten. This is the main reason why the Igbo do not use the gworo or cola nitida for rituals or in serious traditional celebrations.
-Kola with three cotyledons is called ọjị ike, ọjị ikenga, that is, kola of the valiant. Only warriors or brave men and consecrated or ordained persons are permitted to eat this kola, as a matter of principle.
-Kola with four cotyledons is called “ọjị udo na ngọzi”, that is, “kola of peace and blessing”. It is the normal kola.
The number four is very sacred among the lgbo. Kola with five cotyledons is “ọjị ụbara mmadụ, ọmụmụ na ụkwụọma that symbolizes increase in procreation, protection and good luck.
Kola with six cotyledons indicates communion with the ancestors, that is, “ọjị ndi mmụo na ndi mmadụ jiri gbaa ndụ”. The smallest part or cotyledon is not eaten but is thrown away for the ancestors to eat. In like manner, kola with one cotyledon is not eaten by man, that means that it is not broken during ceremonies because it belongs to the ancestors, an attitude reminiscent of the direct link between the living and the dead in Igboland.
Kola with seven cotyledons is a sign of good omen, it symbolizes prosperity. However it is rarely seen or broken.
but right now ,as children of peace and progress we will use the kolanut with 4cotyledons to pray to divine spirits for peace and progress in our business and doings,
Before the sunrise cleanse yourself
You can join our WhatsApp class to know how to cleanse yourself @+2348026210397,after cleansing yourself from bad or negative energies ,get your 4cotyledon kolanut ,
Wash it and wait for the sunrise
Get alligator pepper seeds
Go to your prayer point or spiritual exercise point I hope you know that ,I mean a place where you stay to do prayers outdoors not indoors ,then raise the kolanut close to your self near your mouth and your prayers today being eke day commends ,
I great you the most high ,the creator is the whole universe ,I thank you for life and protection ,
I great you angelic angels ,I thank you also for life
I great you my guidance angel for guiding me through right paths for positivity,
I greet you my ancestors ,
I greet you the spirit living in this morning sunshine
Note :make sure you are looking to the sun and is on barefoot .
I greet you spirits living on this visinity
Continue like that ,
After greetings
You tell them that you have come to take your own share being today eke,ubosi taa bu eke ga eketere gi iheoma ,ma nala mmuo na mmadu,(today being eke day will get you good things from human and spirits )after that you will start saying all you need ,dont pray with greed ,Pray reasonable,if you need favor on business boom tell them that you have coke to speak life into your business ,tell them to bring more customers to your business so you will get profit and be useful in life let them know you are not using another mans destiny to boost your business ,let them know you never killed any man to use to sacrifice to boost your business for so doing let them come with there infinite powers and help you to excel in your business, make sure you are innocent ,say the name of business you do and all that after that say ,
Ta bu ubosi eke ga ekeputaram iheoma,
Ta bu ubosi eke ga ekeputaram akunauba,
Ta bu ubosi eke ga ekeputaram Ngozi nkem,
Anu nam usi ihe ommam,
Ihe oma m agbola biko nu fofutara m ya maka na anunam USi iheomam,
(Today Is eke day let me receive a portion of goodthings
Today is eke DA let me receive a portion of wealth,
Today is eke day let me receive a portion of blessing ,
I have perceived the smell of my blessings please bring It down for me ,it has boiled and I have perceived the sweet aroma ,please give it to me ,)
Round the kola on your head 4times and break and gently throw on the ground .and go off for your daily activities and see boom on what you do ,
Precious foods are not giving to dogs ,if this message is reaching you this day ,kindly know is precious and it can't be forgotten that you recover it ,pray yourself out ,prayers is fee ,don't relent ,while the farmer sleeps the intruders came and planted weeds which where not planted by the farmer ,so when you sleep enemies try to invade your privacy ,don't relent fight and get what's yours ,
Peace be unto you
https:///KrJQtDRb1uaEMHXP46koCa

Click on the link and join our otmost forum of spirituality

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eke Day Prayer With Kolanut(oji Igbo) For Progress by SLAP44: 7:40am On May 11, 2020
Iseeeee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eke Day Prayer With Kolanut(oji Igbo) For Progress by Manna4Gurls: 7:39am On Oct 06, 2022
Iseeee!!
Ka oree ka anyi si kpee.... Iseeee!!

(1) (Reply)

Not Being To Lagos, a 'bush person'? / Malian Empire / 10 most Beautiful Benin Artifacts(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.