Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors (14928 Views)

Notify Customers Before Debt Recovery Moves, CBN Tells Banks / CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu / Report Banks Hoarding FOREX, CBN Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by agwom(m): 7:44am On May 11, 2020
The Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele, has told investors not to panic, saying the CBN has enough foreign exchange to meet repatriation. He also assured them of the security of their investments in the country despite dwindling revenue from the sale of crude oil globally.

A statement on Sunday from the CBN quoted Emefiele as saying that “investors interested in repatriating their funds from the country were guaranteed to get their money, notwithstanding the drop in the revenue from crude oil.” He said the CBN had put in place policies to ensure an orderly exit for those that might be interested in doing so.

He, however, urged investors to be patient as such repatriations were processed owing to the CBN’s policy of orderly exit of investments. Recalling a similar situation that occurred in 2015 over declining revenue, Emefiele said the CBN was able to settle all commitments in an orderly manner.

He said the foreign exchange available would be devoted to strategic importation or service obligations that were priorities. On the plans of the apex bank to tackle the economic impact of the COVID-19, he said the CBN, in collaboration with the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment, was committed to galvanizing the manufacturing sector in a bid to reset the economy.

While disclosing that the CBN had met with the banks, manufacturers in the health sector and the larger manufacturing group, he said the challenge posed by the pandemic necessitated that the fiscal and monetary authorities must work together to moderate the health and economic impact of the COVID-19.

He said the COVID-19 presented Nigeria with an opportunity to reset the economy and as such, there was need for the country to prepare itself to get the manufacturing sector to work, while the banking sector supports the economy.

With the revenue drop from crude, Emefiele said Nigeria had no choice but to diversify its economic base.

According to him, the time has come for Nigerians to produce what can be produced in the country and consume what is produced in the country.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/we-have-enough-forex-cbn-tells-investors.html

1 Like

Re: We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by Leboska(m): 8:08am On May 11, 2020
Another lie! that was how your incompetent health minister said he & his Co propagandist are fully ready for covid-19.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by mrvitalis(m): 8:12am On May 11, 2020
Are u kidding me ...who the hell are u trying to lie to ....we have reserve that can't last 6 months ....our biggest reserve earner is almost dead ...n u want investors to come n invest

I don't know why we keep seeking foreign investors ...it this people invest 10 million dollars they would take over 150 million out of the economy ....growth we won't see ....

We need to empower our top importers to look for a way to produce what they import here ...so the money can keep moving round

Infact the only industry that should get attention from government is import substitution or exportable product

But to do this merit must come to play ...n if merit come to play the most hated tribe by the elite would raise ...so that can't be allowed to happen ....

For the growth of everyone let's just separate this country honestly ... everyone would be better ....but the fear that a technological more advanced igbo nation is two dangerous to have as neighbor is another fear ....

Separate sign a none revenge treaty with igbos let everyone go in peace

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by lastempero: 8:54am On May 11, 2020
Bmm
Re: We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by Nltaliban(m): 8:54am On May 11, 2020
Enough Forex Kwa?

These people are bent on plunging us into the worse.

2 Likes

Re: We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by Ololanla: 8:54am On May 11, 2020
Lies.....you have enough forex and it's taking importers months to get allocation for valid for forex transactions!!

5 Likes

Re: We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by StrikeBack(m): 8:54am On May 11, 2020
On paper yes

4 Likes

Re: We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by Temptee101(m): 8:54am On May 11, 2020
shocked

It's too late.

The earlier this zoo is broken into different fragments and sold to the highest bidders, the better.

2 Likes

Re: We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by Free9ja: 8:54am On May 11, 2020

5 Likes

Re: We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by Hypocrit: 8:54am On May 11, 2020
J
Re: We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by omoadeleye(m): 8:54am On May 11, 2020
Audio Forex, when investors now come, they will be telling another stories
Re: We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by PrinxArthur1(m): 8:55am On May 11, 2020
u have $35billion which is too small
Re: We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by iCauseTrouble: 8:55am On May 11, 2020
Yahoo government

3 Likes

Re: We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by Cryomancer: 8:55am On May 11, 2020
shocked

I'll rather believe my mother is a virgin, than to believe any lies coming from this scam of a Nigerian government.

This is the same way they were shouting that they were prepared for the COVID-19 virus, only for the virus to hit our atmosphere and we began to hear another story

7 Likes

Re: We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by jericco1(m): 8:55am On May 11, 2020
Bloody liars.. when the reserve has been depleted undecided
Re: We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by Emmyglobal65(m): 8:55am On May 11, 2020
Na God go help us for this country... I wonder how we would survive this post pandemic

well if you're not the greedy get rich quick type..
you can message me for a business that can still sustain you with little little change in this lockdown period.
Note: The business is not the big money bank you might want to imagine, but at least the return will at least cover your common weekly expenses like money for data recharge card e.t.c.
check my profile for my contact number and message me on Whatsapp for details if you're interested.

Zero eight one 65 zero 65 six zero nine

Re: We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by Ghostrye: 8:55am On May 11, 2020
lies from the pit of...
Re: We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by waynejesus: 8:56am On May 11, 2020
We don hear too much story abeg

1 Like

Re: We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by KayCee92(m): 8:56am On May 11, 2020
What we have learnt, not criticizing this government though, is that whenever they say they don't have it means they do have but whenever they say they have then run, they don't....Now investors, make una use una head grin

1 Like

Re: We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by Makanakico(f): 8:56am On May 11, 2020
US dollar is a curse to Nigeria and the world let's kuku change to something like Chinese RMB
Re: We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by Nobody: 8:57am On May 11, 2020
We live in a country where the truth is fiction, and lies are treated as facts.

Sighs and leaves thread*

1 Like

Re: We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by Sunisonflex39(m): 8:58am On May 11, 2020
Abeg,my Port Harcourt brothers and sisters here. una good morning first.
make una help una guy,una guy na young guy wey dey hustle as per photographer. upcoming one for that matter..

Una know as wike keep us now and na daily bread I dey see chop that time.
I know things hard for everybody here, I know as e dey be,make una pardon my manners. Na beg I dey beg.

Abeg I know say God fit use one of una touch me between today and Wednesday as per say wike lift lockdown for two days say make we go restock and the lockdown go start on Thursday.. as I dey talk now, I no get shishi.palliative or waiting den dey call am, them no One gree share.

abeg Aunties and uncles, help me to get a cartoon of Noodles.. abeg
for my PH brothers, I stay along TANK road near rumukwrushi market.

abeg, you fit call me out to give me even garri, it's highly welcome.

my bank detail dey my signature.
make una no vex.
abeg
Re: We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by Chirowman(m): 8:58am On May 11, 2020
i hope is not audio forex
Re: We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by Jaqenhghar: 8:58am On May 11, 2020
Leboska:
Another lie! that was how your incompetent health minister said he & his Co propagandist are fully ready for covid-19.
Bless you. I remember some ignoramus saying Nigeria was better equipped than Italy or UK to handle the crisis. Truth is nothing works in that dump
Re: We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by israelmao(m): 8:59am On May 11, 2020
With the same method of fighting dollar with dollar right?
Re: We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by olisefom: 8:59am On May 11, 2020
We can deal with covic 19 statement comes to mind.
Re: We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by Kurtis02(m): 8:59am On May 11, 2020
Always avoid the urge to shalaye.

Audio forex
Re: We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors by Nobody: 9:00am On May 11, 2020
Dem don start again. That was what they said before coronavirus that they were fully prepared whereas there was no preparation. This that cbn is raking that they have enough forex, go and check nothing is there

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy / CBN Spends N281bn To Print New Notes In 5 Years / Naira Depreciates To N1,180/$ In Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.