Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) (79090 Views)

US Troops Were Injured In Iran Missile Attack Despite US Denying Casualties -CNN / Protests In Tehran After Iran Admits Shooting Down Plane / Fact-checking Trump’s Address On The Iran Missile Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by Endybest5050: 2:43pm On May 11, 2020
SeverusSnape:
Nonsense undecided

So this same Iran wanted to attack US then. Bunch of jokers.
Lolzzzz.... U know what am thinking..? That news is going to be refreshing to president T.

6 Likes

Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by BlackPantherCri: 2:44pm On May 11, 2020
Who else now doubts mountain of fire prayers grin
Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by Commanderinpips: 2:45pm On May 11, 2020
Weedsmoker:
The great Iran.
The nightmare of the Americans.
A country with great history and culture.
A country that is still standing tall despite years of sanctions from the world.
I doff my hat for this great Nation.

Indeed you are a weed smoker. I rest my case.

4 Likes

Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by bkool7(m): 2:45pm On May 11, 2020
Slawormir:

Don't underrate Iran
They can fuckkk America up
Even if America win he go be manage and body go tell America people

Very funny

3 Likes

Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by wink2015(m): 2:46pm On May 11, 2020
Iranian army says missile hit support ship in 'friendly-fire' incident, killing at least 19 sailors and wounding 15.

At least 19 sailors have been killed and 15 wounded after an Iranian missile fired during a training exercise in the Gulf of Oman struck a support vessel near its target, Iran's army said.

The friendly fire incident happened on Sunday near the port of Jask, about 1,270 kilometres (790 miles) southeast of Tehran on the Gulf of Oman, a statement on the army's website said on Monday.

"On Sunday afternoon, during an exercise by a number of the navy's vessels in Jask and Chabahar waters, the Konarak light support vessel had an accident," said a statement on the army's website.

"The number of this accident's martyrs is 19 and 15 have also been injured," it added, saying the vessel had been towed ashore.

The missile struck the Konarak, a Hendijan-class support ship, which was taking part in the exercise.

State television described the incident as an accident, saying the Konarak, a Hendijan-class support ship which was struck by the missile, had been putting targets out in the water for other ships to fire on and had strayed too close to a target.

"Iran's Moudge-class frigate Jamaran accidentally hit the Konarak ship with a missile during the exercise," Iran's semi-official Tasnim news agency reported.

Iranian media said the Konarak had been overhauled in 2018 and was able to launch sea missiles.

The Dutch-made, 47-metre (155-foot) vessel had been in service since 1988.

It was not immediately clear how many crew members were on board the warship at the time of the accident.

Turkey's Anadolu Agency said at least 20 people had been killed and that there were as many as 40 crew members on board the Konarak.

Anadolu said the incident had been blamed on "human error", citing sources in Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps.

Iran regularly holds exercises in the Gulf of Oman, which is closed to the strategic Strait of Hormuz, the narrow mouth of the Gulf, through which 20 percent of the world's oil passes.

Iranian media rarely report on mishaps during its exercises, highlighting the severity of the incident.

US-Iran tensions
The incident also comes at a time of heightened tensions between Iran and the United States.

Relations between the two foes have deteriorated sharply since 2018 when US President Donald Trump withdrew his country from a 2015 nuclear deal between key powers and Iran.

Washington then reimposed sanctions on Tehran, crippling its economy.

The animosity deepened in early January when the US assassinated top Iranian military commander Qassem Soleimani in Baghdad, the capital of Iraq.

Iran retaliated on January 8 by firing missiles at bases in Iraq where US troops were stationed.

On the same day, Iran's armed forces shot down a Kyiv-bound Boeing 737 passenger jet over Tehran, killing all 176 people on board.

The military admitted to the catastrophic error, saying it came as Iran's air defences were on high alert after firing the barrage of missiles at US targets in Iraq.
Source: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/05/iran-missile-accidentally-strikes-ship-kills-sailor-200511040707503.html

The iranian keep boasting that they can stand the united states in a battle.

What an expensive joke from Iranian leaders.

Months back they use a russian missile to down a ukrainian civilian airbus heading to Ukraine.

Now they have not still learnt their lessons with the news of their hitting their own ship carrying military sailors.

THERE SHOULD BE REGIME CHANGE IN IRAN.

Their monarchical style of government ( AYOTALLA SYSTEM ) must be changed for a better model.

Those old religious leaders are just misleading that country.

Iran is still under american sanction not minding the outbreak of coronavirus which has killed so many in Iran.

4 Likes

Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by Parrie(m): 2:46pm On May 11, 2020
Weedsmoker:
The great Iran.
A country that is still standing tall despite years of sanctions from the world.
The great iran that cannot even defeat Israel. Or do we have any other Iran?

3 Likes

Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by saajus: 2:47pm On May 11, 2020
It was a passenger plane in January. They've not perfected smaller technologies and reduce human errors, but they are going for a nuclear weapon. These guys are jokers. I hope they won't destroy themselves

4 Likes

Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by YaksonFCA(m): 2:48pm On May 11, 2020
RIP
Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by Jabioro: 2:48pm On May 11, 2020
Iran too like home goals,it caused a lot of damages,human resources, property by and government image..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by rrer: 2:49pm On May 11, 2020
How you can easily be making atleast N3,000 ON DAILY BASIS LEGITIMATELY.
All payments goes directly into your local bank account. This is not a SCAM please.

For more details, check my signature.
Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by brownemmanuel43(m): 2:49pm On May 11, 2020
Is it that Iran is a confuse nation, all about them this is always negative

2 Likes

Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by pasol4real(m): 2:49pm On May 11, 2020
Weedsmoker:
The great Iran.
So says the weed smoker
Hope you enjoyed that weed you smoked

3 Likes

Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by OdefaGirl(f): 2:50pm On May 11, 2020
RIP to those that died accidentally/mistakenly..... I really don't have much to say.
Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by olowookerekemi(f): 2:50pm On May 11, 2020
R.I.P to the dead
Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by Endybest5050: 2:52pm On May 11, 2020
alramon:
cheesy. war is imminent Trump is boiling in silence China prepare
Don't mind them...after this coro ko?? Even Nigeria will join in impossing sanctions to China...they will drop lower than Russia in economic ranking..world power tussle my ass....they think it's all about having bumber economy..be just making innocent people die in the name struggling for superiority

6 Likes

Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by kingthreat(m): 2:53pm On May 11, 2020
Iranian military on a mission to self-destruct

5 Likes

Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by Theoarhics: 2:53pm On May 11, 2020
The enemy killing themselves.

1 Like

Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by AsawanaDgreat: 2:54pm On May 11, 2020
The law of karma

3 Likes

Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by winj: 2:54pm On May 11, 2020
Suicide bombing!

1 Like

Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by 77up(m): 2:56pm On May 11, 2020
2020, bad year for the world, worst year for Iran.

RIP to the dead.
Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by otokx(m): 2:57pm On May 11, 2020
Idleness
Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by tobijas001(m): 2:58pm On May 11, 2020
Oga ooooo, costly mistake
Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by Keynes146: 2:58pm On May 11, 2020
HERE
Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 11, 2020
This are the same people asking for nukes ,God forbid

4 Likes

Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by Gabbriell: 2:59pm On May 11, 2020
Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by Noel19: 3:00pm On May 11, 2020
Weedsmoker:
The great Iran.
Thank your God that it's not on your head that the missile fell, by now you won't have the mouth to say this rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by FlordFlorez(m): 3:00pm On May 11, 2020
Imagine. More reason why they must not have nuclear power.

4 Likes

Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by Ryocaj(m): 3:01pm On May 11, 2020
Iran need calm down.. reserve all these for USA
Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by WaffenSS(m): 3:01pm On May 11, 2020
Iran's military is the worst.

First they shot down a passenger plane killing dozens of their people, now they struck a boat killing more of their people

And this is the country trying to build nuclear weapons?

4 Likes

Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by miketayo(m): 3:01pm On May 11, 2020
They will be looking for what's not lost

1 Like

Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by bigiyaro(m): 3:02pm On May 11, 2020
Maybe they should allow them have a little nuke, who knows, from shooting down civilian jets, bombing their own ship, all in the space of in 4 months, who knows they can as well accidentally nuke themselves. Lol

1 Like

Re: Several Sailors Killed After Iran Missile 'Accidentally' Strikes Own Ship (Pics) by Ryocaj(m): 3:02pm On May 11, 2020
Sarimatedin:

Betting on Simulated Reality League games which are still ongoing is the NEW GOLD MINE now!
If you can stake high on a 100% Guaranteed Winning Game Available FOR today and Pay after win, send a message to my whatsapp number below
070-860-66-768
Why do u guys like deceiving urselves.. u all are scammers.. m still waiting for one idiot called DerekDrills to post.. U might b d same person sef..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Trump Ignored Nancy Pelosi's Handshake Before She Tore His Speech / Cameroon President Paul Biya Has The Most Luxurious Presidential Car In Africa / Lady In Hijab Twerking Kampala, Uganda During A Concert Sets Tongues Wagging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.