Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,857 members, 7,817,541 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

G.o Adeboye's 2011 Predictions: What Is Your Take? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / G.o Adeboye's 2011 Predictions: What Is Your Take? (2662 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Thank God For Pastor E.o Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

G.o Adeboye's 2011 Predictions: What Is Your Take? by ogajim(m): 2:11pm On Jan 13, 2011
This was reported by Vanguard and some other Nigerian dailies I am sure:

By Sam Eyoboka
DESPITE the tense atmosphere in the nation occasioned by a series of violent attacks in different parts of the country, General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, has predicted a rosy year for the nation.

In his New Year predictions for the country, Pastor Adeboye urged Nigerians not to despair but to remain steadfast in their prayers to God, who has promised to still all troubled seas.

He said: “There is no need to panic; all will be well,. He urged Nigerians to pray for long life for prominent Nigerians. He added that for those who will be totally committed to God this year, it will be a year of mighty testimonies.

The GO said: “There will be big celebrations in many homes/families this year,” adding that there will be massive restorations of losses of the previous years.

He, however, used the occasion to urge every Nigerian to pray against killer diseases, particularly amongst children.

For the international community, Pastor Adeboye expressed some concern, saying that serious prayers should be offered for the international scene this year against massive storms and extreme temperatures.

He said: “Pray against major disasters, especially by fire. Pray that God will speak peace to a convulsing earth. Pray against civil wars and civil unrest.”

There is, however, some cheery news on the international scene, as Adeboye foresees major discoveries in the automotive and aviation industry.

As a Christian, I DEPEND on God for everything, I don't understand the part highlighted though: Which "prominent Nigerians" are we supposed to be praying for? The ones that have robbed the country to a standstill? Maybe you guys have a better take on this than I do.
Re: G.o Adeboye's 2011 Predictions: What Is Your Take? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 13, 2011
“There is no need to panic; all will be well,. -Make him learn from Prophet Jeremiah. Tell GEJ and PDP they are draining the nation dry while chaos abound, and not these sweet talks.

He added that for those who will be totally committed to God this year, it will be a year of mighty testimonies. - Thats true, thats not a prophecy, but an absolute truth.

The GO said: “There will be big celebrations in many homes/families this year,” adding that there will be massive restorations of losses of the previous years. - yes now, thats true, not a prophecy to me, absolute truth.

He, however, used the occasion to urge every Nigerian to pray against killer diseases, particularly amongst children. - No comment

For the international community, Pastor Adeboye expressed some concern, saying that serious prayers should be offered for the international scene this year against massive storms and extreme temperatures. - can we stop natural disasters? no. We will see another series this year

He said: “Pray against major disasters, especially by fire. Pray that God will speak peace to a convulsing earth. Pray against civil wars and civil unrest.” - what about the end of system of things? even the pope has been praying for peace, why is it still not found?

There is, however, some cheery news on the international scene, as Adeboye foresees major discoveries in the automotive and aviation industry. - ehen now, what have they been doing all these years?

As a Christian, I DEPEND on God for everything, I don't understand the part highlighted though: Which "prominent Nigerians" are we supposed to be praying for? The ones that have robbed the country to a standstill? Maybe you guys have a better take on this than I do. - me too.
Re: G.o Adeboye's 2011 Predictions: What Is Your Take? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 13, 2011
These kind of prophecies only stir christians to empty pockets.
Re: G.o Adeboye's 2011 Predictions: What Is Your Take? by Superking: 3:16pm On Jan 13, 2011
@Poster
So what is your point?  

You claim to be a "a Christian, (that) DEPEND on God for everything" yet couldn't DEPEND ON HIM on this one.  You now depend on NAIRALAND abi?  Make una no dey deceive unaself.  

Pastor Adeboye no be your mate. ok?  

NB:  I wouldn't have responded to your shitty post if you had not claimed to be a CHRISTIAN. Peace!
Re: G.o Adeboye's 2011 Predictions: What Is Your Take? by ogajim(m): 3:34pm On Jan 13, 2011
Superking:

@Poster
So what is your point?  

You claim to be a "a Christian, (that) DEPEND on God for everything" yet couldn't DEPEND ON HIM on this one.  You now depend on NAIRALAND abi?  Make una no dey deceive unaself.  

Pastor Adeboye no be your mate. ok?  

NB:  I wouldn't have responded to your shitty post (Christian response?) if you had not claimed to be a CHRISTIAN. Peace!

You are entitled to your opinion dude! I never said Pastor Adeboye was my "mate", problem with Nigeria and Nigerians is that they refuse to see wrongs even if it hits them in the face when it concerns people they adore or look up to.

I don't know that I have seen any of Nigeria's pentecostal preachers take it to the government or those in the Government with the notable exception of Pastor Tunde Bakare ( I am sure they have stuff to say about him), Cardinal Olubumi Okogie was arrested plenty of time by the khaki boys in those days for daring to speak the truth to them.

Nigerians need to wake up period!
Re: G.o Adeboye's 2011 Predictions: What Is Your Take? by JeSoul(f): 3:42pm On Jan 13, 2011
So if these predictions don't come true, what would be the excuse? We didn't pray enough?
Re: G.o Adeboye's 2011 Predictions: What Is Your Take? by ogajim(m): 3:51pm On Jan 13, 2011
My sister this thing tire person no be small, The one that got me was the part that we should "pray for long life for prominent Nigerians", someone needs to explain why to me. Can't we pray for all Nigerians why only the "prominent" ones?
Re: G.o Adeboye's 2011 Predictions: What Is Your Take? by JeSoul(f): 4:12pm On Jan 13, 2011
ogajim:

My sister this thing tire person no be small[b], The one that got me was the part that we should "pray for long life for prominent Nigerians",[/b] someone needs to explain why to me. Can't we pray for all Nigerians why only the "prominent" ones?
Ehen now . . . he doesn't want the biggest sources of offerings and tithes to be cut off now smiley who be mugu? lol.
Re: G.o Adeboye's 2011 Predictions: What Is Your Take? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:13pm On Jan 13, 2011
^^^ there is a point in a Man of God's life where he has ambitions of God-hood and starts thinking the anointing has flowed long enough for him to stand on the strength of his words alone. He is only human but lately has failed to become aware of that FACT. Moses did, Elisha and Professor Peller

He will be reminded soon
Re: G.o Adeboye's 2011 Predictions: What Is Your Take? by Superking: 4:44pm On Jan 13, 2011
ogajim:

You are entitled to your opinion dude! I never said Pastor Adeboye was my "mate", problem with Nigeria and Nigerians is that they refuse to see wrongs even if it hits them in the face when it concerns people they adore or look up to.

I don't know that I have seen any of Nigeria's pentecostal preachers take it to the government or those in the Government with the notable exception of Pastor Tunde Bakare ( I am sure they have stuff to say about him), Cardinal Olubumi Okogie was arrested plenty of time by the khaki boys in those days for daring to speak the truth to them.

Nigerians need to wake up period!

"Nigerians need to wake up". Yea, we must wake up from being cowards. You too can set the pace. Just that you need to come out from hiding under a faceless name on Nairaland (and desist from bashing a revered gentleman in the person of Pastor Adeboye) as well as follow the footsteps of "notable exception of Pastor Bakare and Cardinal Okogie". I don't blame you sha, talk is cheap!
Re: G.o Adeboye's 2011 Predictions: What Is Your Take? by Zikkyy(m): 4:50pm On Jan 13, 2011
JeSoul:

So if these predictions don't come true, what would be the excuse? We didn't pray enough?

Of course they will come to pass. Like babaearly stated, these are truths.

ogajim:

The GO said: “There will be big celebrations in many homes/families this year,”

Yes oooooh. There will always be parties in Lagos (every weekend)

ogajim:

For the international community, Pastor Adeboye expressed some concern, saying that serious prayers should be offered for the international scene this year against massive storms and extreme temperatures.

He said: “Pray against major disasters, especially by fire. Pray that God will speak peace to a convulsing earth. Pray against civil wars and civil unrest.”

He is saying we should pray against natural disasters that are likely to occur. He is not saying it will happen (especially if we pray very hard).

ogajim:

There is, however, some cheery news on the international scene, as Adeboye foresees major discoveries in the automotive and aviation industry.

For sure, the likes of Toyota, Honda, GM, Ford, Benz, BMW, Land Rover e.t.c will be hitting the showrooms with 2012 models this year. Some loaded with brand new techie features.

Looks like Daddy G.O is planning on purchasing some luxurious hard-wares this year  grin
Re: G.o Adeboye's 2011 Predictions: What Is Your Take? by ogajim(m): 4:51pm On Jan 13, 2011
@superking, See me see trouble ooooo
Mr. single digit, you are the one that needs to come out from this assumed identity and go back to your original one because you seem too versed on NL to only have these two posts to your credit, who's fooling who?

Trust me my brother, I am doing my part in my environment to "spread the word" and seek to do more. I pray you get out of the " MOG worship" game because as a true Christian, you are a man after God's heart.

"Be wise as serpents and gentle as doves"
Re: G.o Adeboye's 2011 Predictions: What Is Your Take? by Superking: 5:31pm On Jan 13, 2011
ogajim:

^^^ See me see trouble ooooo
[s]Mr. single digit, you are the one that needs to come out from this assumed identity and go back to your original one because you seem too versed on NL to only have these two posts to your credit, who's fooling who[/s]?

Trust me my brother, I am doing my part in my environment to "spread the word" and seek to do more. I pray you get out of the " MOG worship" game because as a true Christian, you are a man after God's heart.

"Be wise as serpents and gentle as doves"

Surely, if you had "DEPENDED ON GOD", you would have got it right. lipsrsealed

Which word are you spreading in your environment (including Nairaland)? do you equate opening calumnious threads against "fellow" Christians (other men after God's heart, as you rightly said) as wisdom? You have conscientiously sent out invitation to people of other faith (unbelievers in Christ) to come join and make mockery of a member of Christ body. Is that what your own bible teaches you? embarassed

Jesus wept!! cry cry
Re: G.o Adeboye's 2011 Predictions: What Is Your Take? by REALTRUTH1: 5:36pm On Jan 13, 2011
He is saying we should pray against natural disasters that are likely to occur. He is not saying it will happen (especially if we pray very hard).
For sure, the likes of Toyota, Honda, GM, Ford, Benz, BMW, Land Rover e.t.c will be hitting the showrooms with 2012 models this year. Some loaded with brand new techie features.
Looks like Daddy G.O is planning on purchasing some luxurious hard-wares this year  grin
[quote][/quote]
 Christinity in Nigeria is just messed up,,,,is there anybody except Nigerians who do not know that there has been discoveries in the automobile and aviation industry already,,,,are people(RCCG,Nigerians) telling me that they do not know that airplanes are soon gonna be running on solar system(there was a test flight less than 3months in the US,,,the passenger airplane with solar was in the air for almost 16hrs),,,,are Nigerians and the Christian communities in Nigeria telling me they don't already have cars running without fuel in nigeriaIn the USA,,hybrids cars don't run with fuel,,,its a major breakthrough and discoveries,,,,
The GO has to be specific on the discoveries so that people would know when it happens,,,,Religion is just a very big problem in Nigeria,,,,,and the Pentecostals are a very big culprit of this,,,,,this and many more reasons are why ATHEISTS question the God CHRISTIANS serve in Naija,,,,Can't people think or reason?
Re: G.o Adeboye's 2011 Predictions: What Is Your Take? by REALTRUTH1: 5:41pm On Jan 13, 2011
Superking:

Surely, if you had "DEPENDED ON GOD", you would have got it right. lipsrsealed
Which word are you spreading in your environment (including Nairaland)? do you equate opening calumnious threads against "fellow" Christians (other men after God's heart, as you rightly said) as wisdom? You have conscientiously sent out invitation to people of other faith (unbelievers in Christ) to come join and make mockery of a member of Christ body. Is that what your own bible teaches you? embarassed
Jesus wept!! cry cry
The pastors in Nigeria are actually not helping matters,,,,I personally do not have regards for 99% of them,,,,,and am sure jesus is weeping more with the way they re carrying on,,,,,Be truthful to yourself and try be a Bearean christian for once,,,,,Check through those prophecies above,,,,,,can't you see somethings are wrong in them
Re: G.o Adeboye's 2011 Predictions: What Is Your Take? by mrmayor(m): 10:04pm On Jan 13, 2011
Mr Adeboye's prediction are at best VAGUE, anyone can come up with that.

After Consulting Sango, Amadioha, Egbesu etc, these are my predictions. It must come to past.

Politics.

There would be Rigging this year, some politicians would lose their seats, some politicians would go to court, few would win the rest would lose. There would be thuggery during elections, some would lose their lives, pray you are not among them. Judges and Lawyers go hammer this year!

Ethnic/Religious Violence.

Pray against Religious and Ethnic after elections, there would be fights in some parts of the country.

EFCC.

There would a lot of corruption this year, as it is an election year. EFCC as usual would not do anything.

Banking.

All those who stole their banks blind would get a slap on the hand, they would get a plea bargain and walk away, some Nairalanders would support Erastus Akingbola others would not.

Sports.

Arsenal would not win the EPL unless we ( Sorry) they sack Wenger.

Celebrity.

There would be a lot of Celebrity wedding this year, many would be on PM NEWS, City People, Bisi Olatilo Show, there would break up celebrity homes this year.

Make I stop here, its time to consult Shimingi
Re: G.o Adeboye's 2011 Predictions: What Is Your Take? by otokx(m): 12:37pm On Jan 15, 2011
The people sef no dey tire
Re: G.o Adeboye's 2011 Predictions: What Is Your Take? by Zodiac61(m): 9:53pm On Jan 15, 2011
What predictions?  grin grin grin grin
A few inane comments with requests to pray for "long life(sic) for prominent Nigerians". If you are not rich and famous you do not matter. As poor people cannot contribute to the GO's survival fund, they are not deserving of prayers in 2011. wink wink wink
I look forward to the big celebrations, although I am not sure that one needs a soothsayer, sorry, pastor to say this.
I notice that there are no specific prophesies for 2011. I wonder whether this is an acknowledgement that he talks utter rubbish most of the time.

Anyway, these are my predictions for 2011.
1. A lot of people will die.
2. Even more people will not die.
3. Some people will make a lot of money.
4. Some people will lose a lot of money.
5. Most people will just about get by.
6. Pastors, men of god, imans, general overseers and people of that ilk will continue to talk utter rubbish, taking the credit when things go well, and blaming satan or shaitan when things do not go well.
grin grin grin
Re: G.o Adeboye's 2011 Predictions: What Is Your Take? by Enigma(m): 12:39am On Jan 16, 2011
I have a theory that the GO's annual prophesies started getting even more vague and inane after serious ridicule and criticisms one year on this very forum. I know I am making a big claim but trust me I have reason to believe that these things are not unconnected.
Re: G.o Adeboye's 2011 Predictions: What Is Your Take? by ogajim(m): 4:26pm On Jan 17, 2011
More and more Nigerians just need to wake up from their slumber and realize that Jesus is the only one worthy of our worship and adoration. There are no need for "facilitators" in this new dispensation.

(1) (Reply)

It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! / Hinduism - The Religion Of Satan / Seun Please Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.