Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Google Services Seems Irreplaceable, Why? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Google Services Seems Irreplaceable, Why? (661 Views)

Why Most Of Google Services Are Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Services Seems Irreplaceable, Why? by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 11, 2020
I have pundered on these over and over!

Why is there no viable alternative PPC program to Google AdSense?

How is it that Google is controlling over 90% search share worldwide?

Why is Android so dominant?

Why?
Re: Google Services Seems Irreplaceable, Why? by falcon01: 2:11pm On May 11, 2020
because it's Android, its open source, its flexible.

1 Like

Re: Google Services Seems Irreplaceable, Why? by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 11, 2020
falcon01:
because it's Android, its open source, its flexible.
It is Linux based, and so open source, but how come no other mobile OS based on Linux like Sailfish OS, Ubuntu Touch and Plasma Mobile can challenge Android?

Why?
Re: Google Services Seems Irreplaceable, Why? by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 11, 2020
That monopoly is dangerous! We need healthy competition, without which, services like AdSense is treating publishers as shit!

Imagine having to upload your ID to run ads on your site, isn't that highhandedness and crazy! Which other ad network does it?

2 Likes

Re: Google Services Seems Irreplaceable, Why? by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 12, 2020
No input
Re: Google Services Seems Irreplaceable, Why? by infogenius(m): 9:46pm On May 12, 2020
questechie:
I have pundered on these over and over!

Why is there no viable alternative PPC program to Google AdSense?

How is it that Google is controlling over 90% search share worldwide?

Why is Android so dominant?

Why?

Because everyone except very few run their searches on google.
Re: Google Services Seems Irreplaceable, Why? by Nobody: 11:56pm On May 12, 2020
infogenius:

Because everyone except very few run their searches on google.

Why is everyone running searches on Google, when Google search is not the best result! Have you tried Bing lately and compared the results?
Re: Google Services Seems Irreplaceable, Why? by infogenius(m): 5:23am On May 13, 2020
questechie:

Why is everyone running searches on Google, when Google search is not the best result! Have you tried Bing lately and compared the results?

You are right but we now realise that on every one's lips is Google. Google has found its way into the subconscious of many when it comes to search engines.
Re: Google Services Seems Irreplaceable, Why? by Ayemileto(m): 5:49am On May 13, 2020
questechie:
That monopoly is dangerous! We need healthy competition, without which, services like AdSense is treating publishers as shit!

Imagine having to upload your ID to run ads on your site, isn't that highhandedness and crazy! Which other ad network does it?

Did Google prevent anyone from coming into the Market?

If you don't want to upload your "ID" before running adverts on your site, then you can go the Nairaland way by selling ad slot directly to people.

Google is not forcing you to use Adsense.

Also, there are also many other ads Company out there, but I think majority of them will still require you to verify your account at one point it the other.

Nowadays, almost all companies (including those in the crypto currency sector where users are supposed to be anonymous) now require account verification.

I think it's because of KYC policy of sort, so I don't think you can really blame Google.
Re: Google Services Seems Irreplaceable, Why? by Nobody: 5:58am On May 13, 2020
Ayemileto:

Did Google prevent anyone from coming into the Market?

But don't you think they are killing competition by monoplizing Internet search? By that, they have an undue advantage over others since they control search results.
Re: Google Services Seems Irreplaceable, Why? by Ayemileto(m): 6:00am On May 13, 2020
questechie:

It is Linux based, and so open source, but how come no other mobile OS based on Linux like Sailfish OS, Ubuntu Touch and Plasma Mobile can challenge Android?

Why?

Apart from the fact that android is open source, allowing different manufacturers to tweak things to their choices (Something windows failed to do in the PC sector, with many people now shifting to Linux or Mac), Android also have a large apps database.

This is what actually killed windows phone, they lacked developers to develop apps compatible with their OS.

Any company that wants to take over the Mobile market from Android don't have to make an "open source OS" alone, but they have to be able to convince app developers to start developing for their platform.

Or better still, they have to make the OS in such a way that it can run apps of other platforms like android, iOS or windows.

OR what are the benefits of having a phone, when there's no apps?

Abi you think people will just abandon Android, because it is powered by Google, while not having any better alternative?

1 Like

Re: Google Services Seems Irreplaceable, Why? by Ayemileto(m): 6:05am On May 13, 2020
questechie:

But don't you think they are killing competition by monoplizing Internet search? By that, they have an undue advantage over others since they control search results.

Like I stated earlier, there are many other companies in the ads sector, majority of them all have one strange policy or the other.

For example, some require you to have a huge traffic (like 500k and above) while others have a high minimum withdrawal threshold.

Plus you'll still need to verify your account in most of them.

Also, if you think Google is manipulating search results, you can always use other search engines to get a much accurate result.
Re: Google Services Seems Irreplaceable, Why? by Nobody: 6:14am On May 13, 2020
You don't seem to get my reasons for the argument
Re: Google Services Seems Irreplaceable, Why? by Ayemileto(m): 6:15am On May 13, 2020
Also in terms of "android monopoly", Do you know that in the early 2000s, Apple almost went bankrupt, and they were only saved because Bill Gates came to invest.

Do you know why?

Windows come with Microsoft office tools which is useful for people, but Apple is just expensive without useful software.

It was at the brink of Collapse, that Bill Gates came in with an offer.

He invested in Apple, and in return All Apple devices from that time will come with Microsoft office pre installed.

It was that agreement that saved Apple, while also making all new Apple systems come with Microsoft office.

The point I'm trying to make is that, without softwares, even Almighty Apple would have collapsed in a competition against windows. Now imagine a new OS coming against android.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Google Services Seems Irreplaceable, Why? by Ayemileto(m): 6:16am On May 13, 2020
questechie:
You don't seem to get my reasons for the argument

Well, I get it, and raised valid points as well, which I think explains things.

Except you decide to ignore all the points.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Cheap Host With Strong SMTP Sending 500 Mails Par Day/week / How To Upload Mp3 Tag Script For Wordpress / Free Guest Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.