Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,249 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi (28234 Views)

Taraba Yet To Report Death From COVID-19 – NCDC / COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities / COVID-19: NCDC Reports Five New Cases, Total Now 214 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by guy222: 5:06pm On May 12, 2020
TheRealProphet:
Please when did Buhari announce the first lockdown? I want to calculate something, one girl wan put problem for my head.
Wather you like am or not, na you give her the belle. Keep your penis one side una no go gree. U see your life!!

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by dallyemmy: 5:14pm On May 12, 2020
People wey dey Carry am go north where den dey pass?

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by arinzos(m): 5:14pm On May 12, 2020
IFNOTGOD:

so anyone with cough n fever is now a covid 19 patient?

sometimes d way we comment just shows our level of education, dis is to lend credence to d claim dat most people are just cough n fever patient in d so called Nigeria case of corona virus figures been dishes out daily, fever n cough has been a normal occurrence even before covid 19.

I was surprised to receive a msg from NCDC dat says if I have fever or cough I should report to their station for testing.

at d beginning of the rain there is usually fever n cold.

people like u are d ones who tag every death as covid 19 case.

d case of Benue index case comes to play, 45 days in isolation with no drugs yet she is still alive n u claim she is a carrier
If you have cough and Fever, go for Test abeg.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by Sunnick(m): 5:14pm On May 12, 2020
trutht828:

Even if it was written by a man with no title, everything written up there makes sense.

Of course y wont it. Didnt u see where I stated to the ignorant ones

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by SILVERLINES: 5:15pm On May 12, 2020
Most COVID-19 cases recorded in Nigeria might have been mostly malaria cases. There's no capabilities of NCDC identifying COVID-19 case except from the systoms. And, we all know that most sicknesses have similar systoms.

For the death troll in Kano and other parts of the north we can't categocaliy say these may or must be as a result of COVID-19 cos before the rival of COVID-19 pandemic there had been series of diseases that cause death in the northern states, ranging from manegitis to lasar fever. COVID-19 might have been a coincidence.

In a country like Nigeria it's difficult to predict.

I must commend Gov. Yahaya Bello for his outstanding character in this issue, unlike our terror in Rivers State who will rather confide with NCDC to score cheap numbers of COVID-19 pandemic in the state just to create a venue to explore his devilish acts in the towards the people who voted him into government house.

It's well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by astonished: 5:17pm On May 12, 2020
Our government is capable of infected people, kill people with other disease in other to claim it's corona virus death, this is serious business, billions of Naira are flying in locally and Internationally, and my people need atleast to justify all this money.

All I know is that, some people are becoming billionaire, millionaire overnight, this NCDC, DG now a billionaire.

Corona virus has left Nigeria, whet left is covid-419, I refused to join the league of millions of gullible Nigerians, supported by media .

I am a Nigerian and I know the kind of leader we have, I know what they capable of doing, I known about their incompetence, I known about their fantastically corrupt, I known they don't care about the poor,

Use your sense atleast once

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by egojiokwu(m): 5:18pm On May 12, 2020
waslag11:
ncdc said after 14 days,you start seeing the symptoms but had been in this issue more than 2 week yet no any repot from kogi and cross River. then leave two state focus on other states where they have it more .
Behind the scene the Governor has warned that nobody should send any report. If you leave the two states and focus on other states, the two states will end up spreading it to other states. Nobody is free until every state is free. This is because the state boundaries are so porous.
Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by BlackSpanner: 5:19pm On May 12, 2020
Prymestrr:

That statement was made based on their knowledge of how nomadic and lacking in respect for laws and policies for which Nigerians are known for.
Have you not been seeing the news about how humans beings are being packaged among cows, goats and grains in trailers across various state borders That's the point where they based their statement regarding the virus getting to all states on.

Bros!!! For all I remember, that statement was made weeks ago, at the very early stage, before the transportation of humans with food and livestock started.

In this country; atimes, the more you look, the more you get confused and hopeless.
Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by UltimateSpice: 5:25pm On May 12, 2020
What we have is more like SCAMdemic.
Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by Bellotelli: 5:28pm On May 12, 2020
These and so many other reasons is why I don't trust the [b]Nigerians covid distribution company (ncdc)
Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by Bellotelli: 5:29pm On May 12, 2020
These and so many other reasons is why I don't trust the Nigerians covid distribution company (ncdc)

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by maasoap(m): 5:33pm On May 12, 2020
Blogsphere:
From the information out in the public, NCDC is literally mounting pressure on the Kogi State Government to submit samples of suspected coronavirus patients for testing. The big question here is: why is NCDC having a running battle with the only two states that are yet to confirm any case?

They're yet to confirm any case only because they refused to submit samples of the patients showing covid-19 related symptoms. Do you get it now? They're covering up big time.
And Ayade is busy deducting money from the local government accounts in his state for covid-19!

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by ideology(m): 5:34pm On May 12, 2020
There mission is questionable.

The fact that they are also coercing states to run test, where there was no symptoms or contact with infected persons is questionable.

I have every reason to believe that the test kits are infected or that the results are false.

Blogsphere:
Before the Chinese authority owned up to the outbreak of coronavirus pandemic in Wuhan, China, the world did not realize that a major health crisis that would quake the entire mankind was in the offing.

The Covid-19, as the World Health Organization (WHO), termed it, rose from a minor outbreak of respiratory cum cough-related disease to a pandemic that is ravaging the world, today.

The world has been literally brought to its knees by this invincible enemy. As at last count, 9th of May, 2020, global confirmed cases stood at 3.9 million, while fatalities were recorded as 276,000.

The world being a global village, covid-19, sooner than later, berthed at the shores of Nigeria on 27th February, 2020.

An Italian citizen who came into the country from Milan, was the carrier. Since then, Coronavirus pandemic has registered its footprint on almost all the states including the FCT, except Kogi and Cross River States, respectively. As at 8th of May, 2020, Nigeria had recorded 3,912 confirmed cases; 679 discharged and, sadly, total of 117 deaths. Of an approximate population of 200 million people, NCDC has been able to test only 25,000 Nigerians.

I have the habit of watching daily media briefing of the Presidential Task Force on Covid-19. I must commend the Task Force and all the medical practitioners on the front line of this war against coronavirus. In one of the Presidential Task Force's updates, Director-General of NCDC, Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu made a statement that rattled me.

He alluded to the fact that covid-19 would get to every state in Nigeria and urged the state governments to prepare for the eventuality. Initially, the statement came to me as precautionary, but Dr. Ihekweazu's body language as he made the shocking projection, left me in utter bewilderment.

He left the impression of certainty that the virus would reach every nook and cranny of the country. I paused and asked myself: who is NCDC working for? Are they working to curtail the virus or spread it? If indeed they're working to arrest the spread of covid-19 in the country, why was the NCDC DG so sure that it would get to every state? When I saw in the news that NCDC had a disagreement with the Cross River governor on the issue of not submitting enough samples for testing, I did not take it seriously. Then came Kogi State.

From the information out in the public, NCDC is literally mounting pressure on the Kogi State Government to submit samples of suspected coronavirus patients for testing. The big question here is: why is NCDC having a running battle with the only two states that are yet to confirm any case? When juxtaposed with the insensitive statement of NCDC's DG that covid-19 would get to every state of the federation, I can conclude without the error of assumption, that NCDC is in a hurry to register covid-19 cases for Kogi State. Do the agency want to manufacture fictitious cases for Kogi State?

NCDC alleged that they sent their officials to Lokoja to help the state government in verifying suspected cases to be considered for testing. But Kogi State is yet to ask for such assistance. The state government has categorically affirmed that there has not been any case satisfied to be forwarded to NCDC for testing. Why is NCDC crying more than the bereaved? With the suspicious moves of the agency, how are we sure that it will not be biased against the state to record any sample sent to it for testing, as positive?

Why is an agency that is visibly overwhelmed by the samples sent to it for testing, to the extent that some states wait for two to three days before getting feedback on their samples, be so much obsessed with a state like Kogi that is yet to forward sample to them for testing? When NCDC officials arrived Kogi to "assist" the state government, the governor, being suspicious of their activities in the Confluence State, insisted that the officials should be isolated for 14 days to ascertain their status regarding covid-19. The officials of NCDC returned to Abuja with the prejudiced message that Governor Yahaya Bello turned down the help they offered—while there was no need for the so-called help in the first place.

Do you offer to help a state that has not called for it? Has Kogi told NCDC that people are falling dead on the streets of Lokoja as a result of covid-19? Do you commiserate with someone that is not bereaved? It becomes hilarious and ridiculous when the same agency has shown high level of incapacitation and incompetence when it comes to meeting its responsibilities to terrified Nigerians at a time of crisis of this magnitude. NCDC fans itself in self-praise of testing 25,000 Nigerians in the last three months, while its counterpart in South Africa has tested over 100,000 within the same period. It should face its business of scaling up its testing capacity and leave Kogi State alone.

Is it a coincidence that the number of confirmed cases in the country skyrocketed when Nigerians were locked down in their homes. You lockdown Nigerians for more than one month without massive testing? As at 8th of May, 2020, out of over 25,000 tested persons, 3,912 cases were confirmed; 679 discharged and 117 deaths. Is this a result to be proud of, for a big nation like ours? Juxtapose the total number of discharged covid-19 cases with the number of deaths and it is clear that we are not doing well at all, yet NCDC had the luxury to be dancing ‘zanku’ leg work in Kogi State, in search of a non-existent covid-19 case, when lives are being lost at an alarming rate in other parts of Nigeria.

I stand with Governor Yahaya Bello for standing firm in the face of pressure from the agency to record cases for the state, while the state government continue to step up its precautionary measures against this pandemic, our ultimate goal and prayer, is that covid-19 does not get to the state. If it eventually comes, it should be real not fictitious. The mischievous actions of NCDC officials, is what is fueling the falsehood cum conspiracy theory in the minds of some people, that there is no coronavirus in the country. How do you explain to a lay man in the street the rational behind NCDC complain that states like Kogi are not sending in enough samples for testing, when the need has not arisen. NCDC should stop its questionable mission in Kogi.

By Dr. Abubakar Mohammed

https://www.thecable.ng/covid-19-ncdcs-questionable-mission-in-kogi/

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by ideology(m): 5:35pm On May 12, 2020
maasoap:

They're yet to confirm any case only because they refused to submit samples of the patients showing covid-19 related symptoms. Do you get it now? They're covering up big time.
And Ayade is busy deducting money from the local government accounts in his state for covid-19!
Submit what samples...

Do you go about taking samples where there is no sick person, no one showing symptoms and no death?

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by maasoap(m): 5:37pm On May 12, 2020
ursullalinda:
Their Kogi move has been very suspicious.......especially with those people saying they are forced to claim Covid 19 patients. ....anything is possible in my dear country.

Trash. Let the the governor himself supervise the testing of the samples of patients showing covid-19 symptoms even without the presence of NCDC. Is Kogi state an island? A gateway state between the north and the south for that matter

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by intruder15(m): 5:38pm On May 12, 2020
SILVERLINES:
Most COVID-19 cases recorded in Nigeria might have been mostly malaria cases. There's no capabilities of NCDC identifying COVID-19 case except from the systoms. And, we all know that most sicknesses have similar systoms.

For the death troll in Kano and other parts of the north we can't categocaliy say these may or must be as a result of COVID-19 cos before the rival of COVID-19 pandemic there had been series of diseases that cause death in the northern states, ranging from manegitis to lasar fever. COVID-19 might have been a coincidence.

In a country like Nigeria it's difficult to predict.

I must commend Gov. Yahaya Bello for his outstanding character in this issue, unlike our terror in Rivers State who will rather confide with NCDC to score cheap numbers of COVID-19 pandemic in the state just to create a venue to explore his devilish acts in the towards the people who voted him into government house.

It's well

Malaria doesn't give you dry cough neither does it give u shortness of breath nor pneumonia. Let it sink.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by maasoap(m): 5:40pm On May 12, 2020
oyeb15:
NCDC goal is to make sure Covid-19 spread to all states in Nigeria (either real or on paper) . They want Nigeria to be Covid-19 most hit black nation.
They also want Nigeria to be destabilized beyond what Buhari can see with his black shade or spectacle.

Despite being equipped with limited kits that are giving out false reading(false positive), they keep cooking up figures in their office and posting it to dogmatic Nigerians on daily basis.

These Covid-19 cabals (some ministers including snake Fashola with d Governors Forum+NCDC) will turn Nigeria upside down on Buhari's head.

Educated illiterate! NCDC goal is to make sure that no state is covering up. Why did two governors refuse to test patients showing covid-19 symptoms? Yet, Ayade is raking hundreds of millions of Naira from the local government accounts for covid-19

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by Nitric(m): 5:43pm On May 12, 2020
GOFRONT:
That man above me don Sabi Nigeria Colour finish...

grin
Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by maasoap(m): 5:44pm On May 12, 2020
Remdesivir:

I think NCDC is working for WHO who is working for Bill Gates

Lol. See dem conspiracy theories gang!

to make sure that everyone on the planet gets the vaccine.

But I might be wrong.

Won't you get the vaccine if and when it is finally available? What is the problem of you guys sef?
Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by Steve0979(m): 5:48pm On May 12, 2020
oluwasegun007:
If you've been to kogi state and also have knowledge of its geography...

Forget it, I'll belive monkey can speak good English than believe there's no case in that state.
so because of ur knowledge of geography of kogi ,d state now has covid 19 evendough it is yet b proven.
Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by maasoap(m): 5:52pm On May 12, 2020
ideology:

Submit what samples...

Do you go about taking samples where there is no sick person, no one showing symptoms and no death?

Who told you that there was no sick person, that no one showing symptoms and that there was no death?
See the quote below from the Doctors Association in kwara state!

The doctors’ association in the state expressed concern over the refusal to test suspected cases of the virus.

Even if patients are showing symptoms, how would they get tested when there was no presence of NCDC officials in the state and the governor forbade the doctors from sending samples to the nearest testing centre? Use common sense now!

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by oluwasegun007(m): 5:53pm On May 12, 2020
Steve0979:
so because of ur knowledge of geography of kogi ,d state now has covid 19 evendough it is yet b proven.

I've you been to kogi before??

Do you know the number of states kogi share boundaries with??

Do you know the level of illiteracy and ignorance in that state.

Even Lagos that share boundary with ogun and towards badagry is on the watch for alimajeries trying to sneek into the state..

May God help them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by Ausval: 5:53pm On May 12, 2020
This is the dumbest post i have read on NL....do you know the implications if these states are falsifying the claim that they don't have a case of the covid 19,cmon guys if we must criticize let not be biased .i think maybe one of the ADCs to those government must have given you 1k for this nonsense post .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by AdebayoHOD(m): 5:54pm On May 12, 2020
grin grin
BlackSpanner:
OP!!! I agree with you on your write up.
I was also shocked the day the NCDC said "Corona virus will surely get to all states in Nigeria". Since that day, I started suspecting that those guys at NCDC have a mission to accomplish with support from within and outside the country.

How can you make sure a statement in public not even once and Nigerians will not suspect you.

If you look at some countries that also have this virus, you would realize that it is not the entire country that is affected.

Lastly, not as if I doubt the presence of the virus in Nigeria. But I doubt the daily figures generated by NCDC without showing us any proof on TV as it is done worldwide and the general hysteria accompanying this virus.

For about two months and still counting, the fatality rate is still not bad as compared to developed countries, that is even if NCDC are giving us the correct figures.

Yes, the virus is in Nigeria, but some top men are cashing out from this SCAMdemic grin grin
Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by IFNOTGOD(m): 5:58pm On May 12, 2020
arinzos:

If you have cough and Fever, go for Test abeg.

don't see any sense in u quoting me cos I don't see any corrolation between fever, cough n covid 19 knowing fully well dat Oda sickness have same or similar symptoms with covid 19.

go for test, do u have d manpower or capacity or to test people?
Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by IFNOTGOD(m): 6:00pm On May 12, 2020
egojiokwu:
No but should be tested as not to infect others. What is now the essence of the temperature sensor placed at every strategic places? Are you saying people with symptoms that can be either positive or negative should not be tested?

temperature sensor is just a check n standing under d sun fr a very long time will no doubt increase ur temperature, every one has been told to observe a simple test method by taking a deep breath in d morning when u wake to see if u have difficulty breathing or not which is a sure sign too
Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by stchinedu: 6:00pm On May 12, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!

Nigeria is capable of anything.

Nigeria is just like, the more you look the less you see.

Your head get oil

Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by JuanDeDios: 6:02pm On May 12, 2020
oluwasegun007:
If you've been to kogi state and also have knowledge of its geography...

Forget it, I'll belive monkey can speak good English than believe there's no case in that state.
You dey mind them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by matrixme(m): 6:04pm On May 12, 2020
They are trying to save the chicken's child from death, it is claiming they are denying him the opportunity to go out and scavenge from it's favourite dunghill. We all owe our safety to the intellect of the people at NCDC. A rare trait exhibited by a government agency. If to say the organization is managed like NIPOST for example or even NTA, I'm sure you won't cuddle up in your big chair in safety, composing this rubbish write up about NCDC. You're obviously a Covidiot.
And as for Yahaya Bello, someone that could not pay salary or increase IGR generation, which happens to be the simplest tasks a governor can do, thinks he's found a way to be smart. He's like an ostrich burying his head in the sand.
Let anyone not ask us to Pray for Kogi tomorrow.
Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by Yunus30: 6:09pm On May 12, 2020
in the whole of China,
I think is only Wuhan that record Corona virus case, even if it later extend but did not take over the whole of China.
I don't understand why NCDC will now think Kogi and Cross River State must have covid-19 case like others

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: NCDC's Questionable Mission in Kogi by Xbee007(m): 6:09pm On May 12, 2020
If you truly believe that COVID-19 is not in Kogi state then you're daft.

Kogi shares boundary with 10 states and all have declared cases of the virus. Yahaya Bello, for reasons best known to him, has discouraged testing and if you don't test, how can you know there are any cases.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

556 New COVID-19 Cases, 167 Discharged And 11 Deaths On July 19- (2027 Tested) / Rhesus Factor Incompatibility, One Of The Causes Of Miscarriage / Sad: Woman Placed On Oxygen At General Hospital Dies After Nepa Took Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.