Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,210 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

How Coach Okon Converted Me From Defensive Midfielder To A Striker - Oshoala - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Coach Okon Converted Me From Defensive Midfielder To A Striker - Oshoala (337 Views)

Aiyegbeni: Oliseh Greater Than Mikel As Defensive Midfielder / Who's The Better Defensive Midfielder Ndidi Or Casemiro?? / A Striker With No Goal In His 24 Years Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Coach Okon Converted Me From Defensive Midfielder To A Striker - Oshoala by ackim: 6:52am On May 12, 2020
Super Falcons and Barcelona forward, Asisat Oshoala says coach Edwin Okon influenced her career as a professional footballer.

According to former Arsenal Ladies star, coach Okon had a positive impact in her career during her sojourn with Nigeria Women's Premier League (NWPL) giants Rivers Angels.

She revealed the coach converted her from a defensive midfielder to a top striker.

Asisat started her football education at FC Robo Queens but her move to the Port Harcourt outfit in 2012.

“Shout out to Coach Edwin Okon. He had so much influence on my game," Oshoala said in an Instagram interview with the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

"I started back then at Rivers Angels as a defensive midfielder, but he encouraged me to go forward and express myself and even eventually converted me to a striker."

Recall Okon led the Super Falconets to a fourth-place finish in Japan in 2012 U20 Women's World Cup.

Asisat Oshoala was named the winner of golden boot and golden ball.

Under coach Okon Super Falcons side, Asisat and reclaim the continental title in Namibia in 2014.

Asisat also played under Okon at the senior Women's World Cup in Canada 2015.

The forward left Nigeria club, Rivers Angels in 2015, and she moved aboard to play Liverpool and Arsenal in England.

She also played for Dalian Quanjian in China until she moved to Spain in 2019 to play for Barcelona.

She has won the African Women's Player of the Year four times.

Oshoala scored 20 goals in 19 games and emerged as Barcelona's second top scorer after the cancellation of the 2019-20 Spanish Primera Iberdrola season.

Barcelona is a were handed the Spanish Primera Iberdrola title.

http://www.reportminds.com/2020/05/how-coach-okon-converted-me-from.html?m=1

Cc lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique

Re: How Coach Okon Converted Me From Defensive Midfielder To A Striker - Oshoala by Obakashdee(m): 6:53am On May 12, 2020
Hmm
Re: How Coach Okon Converted Me From Defensive Midfielder To A Striker - Oshoala by Nobody: 6:55am On May 12, 2020
My love for this lady ehnnn

1 Like

Re: How Coach Okon Converted Me From Defensive Midfielder To A Striker - Oshoala by Goldencheese(m): 6:57am On May 12, 2020
Only great people remember to show gratitude to those who assisted them to become great.

Like a Sage once said, "If I can see farther, it is because I am standing on the shoulders of giants."

Asisat, wishing you more success in the round leather game.

(1) (Reply)

JUST IN: Victor Osimhen Sets To Become Nigeria's Most Expensive Footballer / Lille President: Why Osimhen’s Napoli Deal Announcement Is Being Delayed / 4.59odds For Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.