Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life (5052 Views)

Please Advice Me... I Am Almost Giving Up / Four (4) Factors You Must Consider When Choosing A Vessel For Charter. / Who Can I Assist Financially (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by uprof(m): 7:57am On May 12, 2020
Having read several autobiographies of the rich and succesful people all over the world and having studied them closely. I have no choice but to agree with a world best motivational speaker Jim Rohn who said" There are two types of pain you will go through in life, the pain of discipline and the pain of regret. Discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tonnes.”

To be successful in life,the type of person you have to become before you can become what you want to become really matters.

Nothing goes for nothing. If you want to be successful you must be ready to pay the price.

Therefore if you want to move from the bottom to the top you need to learn how to discipline yourself by giving up these activities I'm about to share with you

Today, I'm going to share with you 5 activities you need to give up to become rich

Now let's get started

1. Seeking immediate gratification:

Many people give up on their goals to work for others to build theirs because they want instant rewards for their labor. If you truly want to be rich you must develop the abilities to delay gratification to the future.

There is one truth about financial freedom. The truth is if you want to build a sustainable wealth you must be ready to work for thousands of hours for free before the result start coming in.

Let's say you consider quitting your job today as the best option for you and start growing your business. The truth is that no one can be rest assured as to when money will start coming in? It may not come in view days or month.

You just have to get started and avoid being distracted with instant gratification. In fact that is what differentiate between the upper class from others.

The upper class think on a long term. They have develop the courage and ability to delay gratification. As the saying goes. He who laugh last ,laugh the best.

2. multitasking.: multitasking is a killer to productivity. . Why do you have to multitask when you are not a robot?..

multitasking is a killer to productivity. No matter how smart you are at multitasking you will be less productive because your brain is doing different things at a time.

According to the American Psychological Association" multitasking creates mental blocks that can result in as much as a 40 percent loss in production time"

Instead of wasting time by multitasking, why not prioritize your task and start with the most important things and then do them once and for all before you move on to the next task.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm6M-iH95xE&t=1s

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by facenglish: 11:48am On May 12, 2020
thanks forbthis ! your pen will not dry
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by uprof(m): 7:53am On May 13, 2020
facenglish:
thanks forbthis ! your pen will not dry
thanks bro! I really appreciate
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by Distinct123: 8:07am On May 16, 2020
great content
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by uprof(m): 9:59pm On May 16, 2020
Distinct123:
great content
thanks
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by Distinct123: 9:45pm On May 17, 2020
uprof:
thanks
I have question for you oo
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by uprof(m): 4:36pm On May 18, 2020
Distinct123:
I have question for you oo
what is your question?
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by Distinct123: 10:16pm On May 18, 2020
uprof:
what is your question?
what do you mean by delay gratification?
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by uprof(m): 7:37am On May 19, 2020
Distinct123:
delay gratification is when you think on a long term rather than short term. Getting money through salaries is immediate gratification
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by Distinct123: 8:36pm On May 19, 2020
uprof:
delay gratification is when you think on a long term rather than short term. Getting money through salaries is immediate gratification
OK! how can a person focus on Long term
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by uprof(m): 7:49am On May 20, 2020
Distinct123:
OK! how can a person focus on Long term
you need to reprogram your mind for financial freedom
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by Distinct123: 8:46pm On May 20, 2020
uprof:
you need to reprogram your mind for financial freedom
how can i do that
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by uprof(m): 7:31am On May 21, 2020
Distinct123:
how can i do that
I can coach you if you won't run away
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by Distinct123: 9:07pm On May 21, 2020
uprof:
I can coach you if you won't run away
lol! how will I run away
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by uprof(m): 7:03am On May 22, 2020
Distinct123:
lol! how will I run away
OK let's start with mindset reprogramming
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by Distinct123: 9:24pm On May 22, 2020
uprof:
OK let's start with mindset reprogramming
OK! how do we go about?
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by uprof(m): 8:10am On May 23, 2020
Distinct123:
OK! how do we go about?
we are going to start with personal finance book challenge to prepare you for financial freedom
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by Distinct123: 5:11pm On May 24, 2020
uprof:
we are going to start with personal finance book challenge to prepare you for financial freedom
how long will that take?
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by gambit24: 11:29pm On May 24, 2020
Distinct123:
dude come on which one be '' I have question for you ooh'' does that sound right to you?
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by uprof(m): 6:35am On May 25, 2020
Distinct123:
how long will that take?
maximum of two weeks
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by Distinct123: 7:20pm On May 25, 2020
uprof:
maximum of two weeks
what book are we starting with
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by uprof(m): 6:49am On May 26, 2020
Distinct123:
what book are we starting with
the richest man in the Babylon
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by Distinct123: 8:14pm On May 26, 2020
uprof:
how long will that take?
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by Distinct123: 8:18pm On May 26, 2020
uprof:
how long will that take to complete?
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by uprof(m): 7:05am On May 27, 2020
Distinct123:
how long will that take to complete?
maximum of two weeks
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by Distinct123: 8:24pm On May 27, 2020
uprof:
maximum of two weeks
what is the name of the book in question
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by uprof(m): 10:16am On May 28, 2020
Distinct123:
what is the name of the book in question
rich Dad poor Dad
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by Distinct123: 7:59pm On May 28, 2020
uprof:
rich Dad poor Dad
where can I get the book
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by uprof(m): 7:16am On May 29, 2020
Distinct123:
where can I get the book
it is available on pdfdrive
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by Distinct123: 6:55pm On May 29, 2020
uprof:
it is available on pdfdrive
pdfdrive dot com
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by uprof(m): 6:41am On May 30, 2020
Distinct123:
pdfdrive dot com
dot net
Re: 5 Things You Must Consider Giving Up For A Financially Successful Life by adewale4great: 7:23pm On May 30, 2020
good write up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MMM Founder, Serge Mavordi Spotted Leaving Nigerian Airport (photo) / Shop Once And Earn Daily / How Much Did You Make In Digital Currencies In 2021, See Mine (binance, Etc)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.