Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,651 members, 7,955,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:19 AM

Agency Intercepts Truck With 30 Almajiris In Ogun. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Agency Intercepts Truck With 30 Almajiris In Ogun. (717 Views)

Methamphetamine Drug Belongs To Almajiris In North – IPOB / Lagos Taskforce Intercepts Truck With 123 Men, 48 Bikes / Police intercepts Truck filled with Explosives, Detonators in Delta (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agency Intercepts Truck With 30 Almajiris In Ogun. by masterflowx(m): 8:01am On May 12, 2020
Agency Intercepts Truck With 30 Almajirai In Ogun
PublishedMay 12, 2020

Daud Olatunji, Abeokuta

Operatives of Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps, on Monday, intercepted an IVECO truck loaded with 30 Hausa youths known as Almajirai.

The spokesman for TRACE, Babatunde Akinbiyi, disclosed this in a statement.

Akinbiyi said the truck with registration number Kano XG172 KNG, loaded with assorted pepper, was covered with tarpaulin.

He said the truck which was meant to carry only goods, was intercepted at Joju area of Sango in the Ado-Odo/Ota Local Government Area of the state.

According to him, what the truck was conveying came to light when TRACE operatives forced the driver to park and untie the tarpaulin.

“The Almajirai were packed together with various types of pepper which filled the truck to the brim.

“The truck was turned back and led to the tollgate from where they said they came in.”

When asked where the truck was coming from and where it was heading, Akinbiyi said it was coming from the Lagos axis.

He added, “But we don’t know their final destination before they were apprehended at Ota by eagle-eyed Divisional TRACE Command, Ota, Ajibade Adekunle.”

He explained that operatives with an unbranded vehicle followed the truck till it left the boundary of the state.

He said, “Another team at the toll gate was awaiting them for easy passage, even though a TRACE team was in another unbranded vehicle following them from behind.”

Source: Punch news.
https:///3fJavUn

Re: Agency Intercepts Truck With 30 Almajiris In Ogun. by wowdiva: 8:04am On May 12, 2020
What's their aim? Imagine traveling all the way from Kano in a confined space with pepper. Jeez!!!
Re: Agency Intercepts Truck With 30 Almajiris In Ogun. by Arrewa: 8:05am On May 12, 2020
Almajiri here...

Al-majiri there...

There's no single Almajiri in the south!!

Those guys there are probably Nigerein hustlers following trailer of agro produce to the south!!

Almajiri system has been banned and the children have been taken back to their villages...

Majority of them are orphans who their governors are now taken care of...

Stop tagging Niger migrants fulani just because they're speaking Hausa and can't defend themselves!!

Stop all these media propaganda!!

Nigeriens have been following trucks down south even before the lockdown... They help in offloading and selling of agro products that belongs to their Hausafulani masters!!

You will just intercept them and tag them Almajiris...

See as everybody dey use Almajiris dey catch cruise!!

No Almajiri in the south... There is no single Sangaya (Almajiri Temple) in the whole of Southern Nigeria...

Almejiri is gone for good....

It's now a past tense! The most powerful weapon of propaganda against the north is now gone...

Make una continue dey catch una final cruise!

1 Like

Re: Agency Intercepts Truck With 30 Almajiris In Ogun. by sanesta: 8:05am On May 12, 2020
This is the best time to end this almagiri of a thing but I'm afraid the northern governors won't make use of this opportunity.

what baffles me the most is the massive migration of these helpless children to the south. why south?? Niger state alone is bigger than lagos and Ogun state combined, why not look for a place in the north and camp them there?

there's more to this than meets the eyes..
Re: Agency Intercepts Truck With 30 Almajiris In Ogun. by helinues: 8:20am On May 12, 2020
Shame on Northern political leaders.

They have failed the Almajiri's when they nedeee them most
Re: Agency Intercepts Truck With 30 Almajiris In Ogun. by helinues: 8:22am On May 12, 2020
Arrewa:
Almajiri here...

Al-majiri there...

Those guys there are probably Nigerein hustlers following trailer of agro produce to the south!!

Almajiri system has been banned and the children have been taken back to their villages...

Stop tagging Niger migrants fulani just because they're speaking Hausa and can't defend themselves!!

Nigeriens have been following trucks down south even before the lockdown... They help in offloading and selling of agro products that belongs to their Hausafulani masters!!

No Almajiri in the south... There is no single Sangaya (Almajiri Temple) in the whole of Southern Nigeria...

It's now a past tense! The most powerful weapon of propaganda against the north is now gone...

Even for the fact that our borders are closed plus Coronavirus restrictions, how is it possible for the Nigerians to be flocking enmass into Nigeria border?

Does it mean northern borders are still opened?
Re: Agency Intercepts Truck With 30 Almajiris In Ogun. by Nigeriabiafra80: 8:23am On May 12, 2020
Ok
Re: Agency Intercepts Truck With 30 Almajiris In Ogun. by sanesta: 8:31am On May 12, 2020
Arrewa:
Almajiri here...

Al-majiri there...

They are not gone bro..
Re: Agency Intercepts Truck With 30 Almajiris In Ogun. by Arrewa: 8:33am On May 12, 2020
helinues:

Even for the fact that our borders are closed plus Coronavirus restrictions, how is it possible for the Nigerians to be flocking enmass into Nigeria border?

Does it mean northern borders are still opened?
thousands of Them are already stocked here.. And they gats hustle

So they're still following trailer down south

We have thousands of them here in kano engaging in cheap menial jobs

This lock down has made many of them divert into following trailer of food down south...

I have been to 5 eastern state....I have been to one state in the south south which is Delta and two state in the south west...

I travel for fun, education and for exposure

My first time to travel down east...I attended Ofala festival in onitsha I was invited by a friend from onitsha Royal family...

After the festival... The next day I storm onitsha town... I couldn't find my fellow Hausafulanis

I only see Niger migrants everywhere... They are being called aboki...Igbos see them as Hausafulanis

They are even Claiming Nigerians... I only meet my fellow northerners when I visited 302 military cantonment onitsha

It's only in enugu that I manage to see few Hausafulanis changing foreign currency at ABC

90% of those people you think are hausa-fulanis are Nigereins try carrying out your research independently
Re: Agency Intercepts Truck With 30 Almajiris In Ogun. by Nobody: 8:38am On May 12, 2020
Arrewa:

This lock down has made many of them divert into following trailer of food down south...

I have been to 5 eastern state....I have been to one state in the south south which is Delta and two state in the south west...

My first time to travel down east...I attended Ofala festival in onitsha I was invited by a friend from the onitsha Royal family...

After the festival... The next day I storm onitsha town... I couldn't find my fellow Hausafulanis

I only see Niger migrants... They are being called abokii And Igbos see them as Hausafulanis

They are even Claiming Nigerians... I only meet my fellow northerners when I visited 302 military cantonment onitsha

It's only in enugu that I manage to see few Hausafulanis changing foreign currency at ABC

90% of those people you think are hausa-fulanis are Nigereins try carrying out your research independently

Story.
Re: Agency Intercepts Truck With 30 Almajiris In Ogun. by helinues: 8:43am On May 12, 2020
Arrewa:

My first time to travel down east...I attended Ofala festival in onitsha I was invited by a friend from the onitsha Royal family...

I only see Niger migrants... They are being called abokii And Igbos see them as Hausafulanis

Still this is still not confusing enough..

Let's agree with your assessment that the Nigerien are already stucked in Nigeria before the Coronavirus.

1. I can bet you there are thousands of Togolese and Beninese stucked in Nigeria as well,why are they not heading towards Northern part.

2. You have been posting beautiful pictures of Northern Nigeria which according to you translate to development, If not is that developed, why would the Nigerians be heading towards south ?
Re: Agency Intercepts Truck With 30 Almajiris In Ogun. by Arrewa: 9:03am On May 12, 2020
helinues:

Still this is still not confusing enough..

Let's agree with your assessment that the Nigerien are already stucked in Nigeria before the Coronavirus.

1. I can bet you there are thousands of Togolese and Beninese stucked in Nigeria as well,why are they not heading towards Northern part.

2. You have been posting beautiful pictures of Northern Nigeria which according to you translate to development, If not is that developed, why would the Nigerians be heading towards south ?
why won't they head to south to hustle....when thousands of them are already here??

People dey enter pit toilet to make money...

So them traveling to South shining shoe, cutting nail and selling fruits doesn't mean anything...

An average Hausafulani hardly travel down south... Except those those that have important business to do there.... Or those in police or military!

We have more Igbos in the north than Hausafulanis in the entire south
Re: Agency Intercepts Truck With 30 Almajiris In Ogun. by helinues: 9:09am On May 12, 2020
Arrewa:
why won't they head to south to hustle....when thousands of them are already here??

People dey enter pit toilet to make money...

So them traveling to South shining shoe, cutting nail and selling fruits doesn't mean anything...

An average Hausafulani hardly travel down south... Except those those that have important business to do there.... Or those in police or military!

We have more Igbos in the north than Hausafulanis in the entire south

It is safe to end this discussion as I doubt you will be willing to answer my questions as you just Dodge the few I asked above.
Re: Agency Intercepts Truck With 30 Almajiris In Ogun. by Arrewa: 9:17am On May 12, 2020
helinues:

It is safe to end this discussion as I doubt you will be willing to answer my questions as you just Dodge the few I asked above.
ask your questions straight...

Why will I dodge your question??

Ask me anything and I will answer...

You're not a northerner... Maybe you've never been to the north....and I expect you to have your own stereotype...

North is not one state but a region... Some states are poor some are rich... Some are more developed than others...

Each states have their own mentality and level of human development...

If you have a question concerning the north ask me... I will pleased to answer your questions without sugar coating anything
Re: Agency Intercepts Truck With 30 Almajiris In Ogun. by BabaRamota1980: 12:42pm On May 12, 2020
Almajiri trends nationwide, attained celebrity status.
Re: Agency Intercepts Truck With 30 Almajiris In Ogun. by Maxymilliano(m): 2:12pm On May 12, 2020
Almajiri seems to be the only mineral resources abound in the northern part of the country that are being transported to other parts for equitable distribution

(1) (Reply)

‘life Has Never Been This Tough’ — Audu Ogbeh Asks FG To Stop Killings / I Will Raise 60,000 Millionaires Before I Bow Out Of Office ― Gov Umahi / Edo Elections This Video Brought Tears To My Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.