Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

MADAGASCAR - NIGERIA "Maze" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MADAGASCAR - NIGERIA "Maze" (230 Views)

Madagascar’s COVID-19 Cure Drugs Sent To Nigeria / Operation Support Madagascar / Maurice Iwu Proposed The Cure For Covid-19 But Nigeria Went For Madagascar-kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MADAGASCAR - NIGERIA "Maze" by GuideLead: 3:03pm On May 12, 2020
Lets make an attempt to state the questions that all sorts of different answers have been given, and accepted; what allocates questions about the causes of government operations, and what formal sets of ideas are devised to contain their answers? These questions take years off me, to make me feel younger in my 33 years in active politics. These questions have become autonomous and a problem in itself because instead of answering the question about ” what allocates questions about the causes of government operations”, I often find myself answering a question about “what causes government motivation”, I easily give an explicit formulation of the presuppositions of the idea of government motivation.

For one thing, to count as government operations, an action of government has to have some degree of adaptability, where a government response occurs in ALL SITUATIONS with the possibility of adaptation. Now, as a part of what I meant by government response, a repertoire of a government system; not one that comes from the outside, not usually imposed by human decisions, unlike the Nigeria – Madagascar “maze”.

Nigeria president, Muhammadu Buhari directed the presidential task force on COVID-19 to pick up Covid-Organics, Madagascar’s self-proclaimed plant-based remedy for coronavirus.

Boss Mustapha, secretary to the government of the federation, broke the news at the daily briefing of the task force, which he heads.

He said Madagascar donated some of the products to Nigeria through Guinea-Bissau and arrangements were being made to pick them up.

Madagascar has since been giving away thousands of bottles of the product, developed by the state-run Malagasy Institute of Applied Research, to countries across Africa.

Guinea-Bissau has received more than 16,000 doses, which it is distributing to 14 other African nations, according to reports.

“Madagascar has made allocations to various countries, and sent them to Guinea Bissau. We‘re supposed to make arrangements to freight Nigeria’s allocation from Guinea Bissau; it‘ll be subjected to the standard validation process for pharmaceuticals,” he said.

“Mr President has given instructions for the airlifting of Nigeria’s allocation of the Madagascar COVID-19 syrup; also given clear instructions that it must be subjected to the standard validation process for pharmaceuticals; there will be no exceptions for this.”

It is important Mr. President and Boss Mustapha understand that, “the standard validation process for pharmaceuticals” in Nigeria in this instance, is one that is not a repertoire of the Nigerian government system. It is one that is detected by the Covid- Orgnic make-up. It is one that is coming from the outside. It is like saying a robot could only work, if the process for establishing standards were built into the program so that variation could not stop. I mean to convey that much of the validation should not be based on the fact that we have some aim and notion of the means. Did you get it?

He added that there is a clear instruction that the herbs be subjected to checks by relevant authorities in Nigeria.

Boss Mustapha appears to be very casual here.

A casual way of saying this cannot be sufficient an explanation for this operation of government to be effective. The relevant authorities in Nigeria, are expected, to check the efficacy of the herbs. But the rules that will establish the efficacy of the herbs are insufficient, in themselves. The relevant authorities will have to ask further questions about the persistence of the rules. As the government allocates questions about the causes of government operations, they will have to devise a set of ideas to contain their answers.

In preference to the government instincts, such government operations should be followed by a reduction of the need associated with the drive, so that we have the product of the drive and government operations to yield an effective government response.

Last month, Mustapha had jocularly said the federal government might ask Madagascar to send a plane load of COVID-Organics to Nigeria.

The remedy is a drink derived from artemisia, a plant with proven efficacy in malaria treatment, and other indigenous herbs.

According to L’ Express de, Madagascar, at least 55 COVID-19 patients in Madagascar have recovered after being treated with the country’s herbal remedy for the disease.

The number of COVID-19 patients said to have been “cured” with the drug rose after three recoveries were announced on Saturday.

Of the 193 COVID-19 cases so far recorded in Madagascar, 101 have recovered while none has died.

But the World Health Organisation (WHO) has warned against adopting the product which has not been “taken through tests to see its efficacy”.

“We are concerned that touting this product as a preventive measure might then make people feel safe,” Matshidiso Moeti, WHO’s head in Africa, had said.

(1) (Reply)

I Do Not Support Wike’s Demolition Of Hotels, Can’t Compare Him To Buhari / Breaking - Nigeria Confirms 146 New Cases Of COVID-19, 57 In Lagos, Total 4787 / VIDEO: Nigerian Officials Signed Loan Documents Written In Chinese Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.