Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,254 members, 7,815,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Samsung Galaxy A51 An Alternative To Galaxy S20 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy A51 An Alternative To Galaxy S20 (1806 Views)

Samsung Galaxy A51 Review After 3 Months Of Use / Lg G8x Thinq Launched Is It The Answer To Galaxy Fold And Mate X? / Samsung To Rollout Android 8 Oreo Update To Galaxy S7 And S7 Edge By Mid May (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Galaxy A51 An Alternative To Galaxy S20 by maxevans: 3:41pm On May 12, 2020
If you're a fan of Samsung phones, but your budget simply won't stretch to a Galaxy S20 plus, then Samsung's mid-range A series could be for you. The Galaxy A51 boasts very impressive specs for the price. There's a Samsung Exynos 9611 processor inside with up to 8GB of RAM. The software is Samsung's OneUl 2.0 over Android 10, and it's attractive, easy to use, and logically laid out. check out reviews and cool features

https://thewildanddomestic.com/an-alternative-to-galaxy-s20-plus/

The phone has a plastic back and is available in several colors, with the blue catching the eye the most, plus there's a fingerprint sensor under the 6.5-inch screen on the front. It's a beautiful AMOLED screen with a resolution of 2400×1080 pixels, with very thin bezels and a small hole-punch selfie camera in the top corner.

Speaking of cameras, you get a quad-lens shooter here with a 48-megapixel main lens, a 12-megapixel ultra-wild-angel lens, a 5-megapixel macro sensor, and a 5-megapixel depth sensor. That's an impressive, versatile camera suite for a midrange phone, and it takes great photos you'll be happy to share. There's a big battery here too, rated at 4,000mAh and it has no problem lasting a da even with heavy use.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51 An Alternative To Galaxy S20 by Papillae(f): 3:46pm On May 12, 2020
maxevans:
If you're a fan of Samsung phones, but your budget simply won't stretch to a Galaxy S20 plus, then Samsung's mid-range A series could be for you. The Galaxy A51 boasts very impressive specs for the price. There's a Samsung Exynos 9611 processor inside with up to 8GB of RAM. The software is Samsung's OneUl 2.0 over Android 10, and it's attractive, easy to use, and logically laid out. check out reviews and cool features

The phone has a plastic back and is available in several colors, with the blue catching the eye the most, plus there's a fingerprint sensor under the 6.5-inch screen on the front. It's a beautiful AMOLED screen with a resolution of 2400×1080 pixels, with very thin bezels and a small hole-punch selfie camera in the top corner.

Speaking of cameras, you get a quad-lens shooter here with a 48-megapixel main lens, a 12-megapixel ultra-wild-angel lens, a 5-megapixel macro sensor, and a 5-megapixel depth sensor. That's an impressive, versatile camera suite for a midrange phone, and it takes great photos you'll be happy to share. There's a big battery here too, rated at 4,000mAh and it has no problem lasting a da even with heavy use.

Nice... Love the features, really cool

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51 An Alternative To Galaxy S20 by Debbie34: 3:51pm On May 12, 2020
maxevans:

what about Samsung A71?
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51 An Alternative To Galaxy S20 by walesho(m): 8:40pm On May 12, 2020
I prefer the A51 5G

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51 An Alternative To Galaxy S20 by Ovie56(m): 8:54pm On May 12, 2020
The screen is great, but the pictures coming out of the Camera? wow it's been a while i've seen such an absymal camera performance, on par with the likes of hot3, im not joking, when i saw it and i remember all the hype that came with it, i was like wow see the power of brand 4 cameras and rubbish images

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51 An Alternative To Galaxy S20 by SweetBuns(f): 2:41am On May 13, 2020
Ovie56:
The screen is great, but the pictures coming out of the Camera? wow it's been a while i've seen such an absymal camera performance, on par with the likes of hot3, im not joking, when i saw it and i remember all the hype that came with it, i was like wow see the power of brand 4 cameras and rubbish images
Samsung is a good brand but sometimes they and their fanbase over hype their products

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51 An Alternative To Galaxy S20 by Ovie56(m): 5:09pm On May 13, 2020
SweetBuns:

Samsung is a good brand but sometimes they and their fanbase over hype their products
I had an S8+ at hand 2017 phone i compared the pictures coming from both phones and i was further disappointed, 2017 phone still beat 2019 December phone, with all the latest surge in technological development.

6 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51 An Alternative To Galaxy S20 by walesho(m): 8:44pm On May 13, 2020
Ovie56:
I had an S8+ at hand 2017 phone i compared the pictures coming from both phones and i was further disappointed, 2017 phone still beat 2019 December phone, with all the latest surge in technological development.

True, but i still believe iPhone and Google pixel are still the best in terms of camera quality

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51 An Alternative To Galaxy S20 by Ovie56(m): 9:02pm On May 13, 2020
walesho:

True, but i still believe iPhone and Google pixel are still the best in terms of camera quality
I'm not the kind of person that'll be nitpicking on camera quality, you know like look deeply on how it handle shadows, dynamic range and all those gilbrish, but this one is just bland, the only cool feature of the phone is the screen, just buy xiaomi or any android with similar chip and oh its using exynos, gotta stop talking , it's not worth 90k

4 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51 An Alternative To Galaxy S20 by Karex81(m): 10:28pm On May 13, 2020
Ovie56:
I'm not the kind of person that'll be nitpicking on camera quality, you know like look deeply on how it handle shadows, dynamic range and all those gilbrish, but this one is just bland, the only cool feature of the phone is the screen, just buy xiaomi or any android with similar chip and oh its using exynos, gotta stop talking , it's not worth 90k
Samsung dey sell brand name, redmi note 9s beat the hell out of this phone for 70k. Talkless of redmi note 8 pro

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51 An Alternative To Galaxy S20 by Papillae(f): 4:53pm On May 14, 2020
Karex81:

Samsung dey sell brand name, redmi note 9s beat the hell out of this phone for 70k. Talkless of redmi note 8 pro

Redmi is a good product but I'll choose Infinix over redmi any day...Infinix products is good for me
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51 An Alternative To Galaxy S20 by Farki: 5:28pm On May 14, 2020
Karex81:

All these Chinese phone makers just copy Samsung designs and sell for cheap.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51 An Alternative To Galaxy S20 by Ovie56(m): 7:59pm On May 15, 2020
Farki:

All these Chinese phone makers just copy Samsung designs and sell for cheap.
Really? an example pls and i'll show you multiple evidences where samsung has copied other manufacturer.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51 An Alternative To Galaxy S20 by Farki: 8:19pm On May 15, 2020
Ovie56:
Really? an example pls and i'll show you multiple evidences where samsung has copied other manufacturer.

Samsung started putting edge displays on their phones then Xiaomi copied them
https://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_note_2-8014.php
This is a blatant copy of the Note Edge which was released 2 years earlier.

Samsung started making infinity V and O displays then other phone manufacturers started doing the same thing.

https://www.gizbot.com/amphtml/mobile/news/samsung-announces-infinity-u-infinity-v-infinity-o-new-infinity-display-notches-055196.html

They dont even try to hide it sometimes.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bensin/2017/06/28/new-chinese-phone-looks-exactly-like-the-galaxy-s8/amp/
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51 An Alternative To Galaxy S20 by Ernerstdavid55(m): 8:39pm On May 15, 2020
Papillae:

Redmi is a good product but I'll choose Infinix over redmi any day...Infinix products is good for me
u funny o infinix ke

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51 An Alternative To Galaxy S20 by Ovie56(m): 10:52pm On May 15, 2020
Farki:

Samsung started putting edge displays on their phones then Xiaomi copied them
https://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_note_2-8014.php
This is a blatant copy of the Note Edge which was released 2 years earlier.

Samsung started making infinity V and O displays then other phone manufacturers started doing the same thing.

https://www.gizbot.com/amphtml/mobile/news/samsung-announces-infinity-u-infinity-v-infinity-o-new-infinity-display-notches-055196.html

They dont even try to hide it sometimes.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bensin/2017/06/28/new-chinese-phone-looks-exactly-like-the-galaxy-s8/amp/

Good and your arguement is well presented and detailed.
Xiaomi copied the edge
O and V are just Variations of small Notch Samsung and every smartphone maker is copying from Essential PH1
Do your reserch you'll find out that Honor view20 is the first punch hole camera design( will you say it was copied) https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/technology/meet-honor-view-20-worlds-first-punch-hole-display-phone-to-hit-the-market-3371361.html

Sharp did the bezeless phone first (Will you say it was copied)

Samsung copying Apple
https://www.inquisitr.com/1877459/samsung-galaxy-s6-accused-of-being-an-iphone-6-ripoff/

*Animoji vs Armoji*
you remember ARmoji right? the samsung AR emoji app copied from Apple's Animoji, whats worse is instead of turning you to a cute horse or something it turns you to an uglier and angry version of yourself
https://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-aremoji-Apple_id102906
First Samsung Galaxy
https://m.economictimes.com/magazines/panache/apple-wins-539-million-after-samsung-loses-patent-bet/articleshow/64315192.cms

im sure there are various examples of Apple and samsung copying other manufacturers too
takeaway is that Oem borrow ideas from other Oems and fine tune them.

and oh the whole of android 10 Navigation system and bar was a total rip off of Iphone X series navigation.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51 An Alternative To Galaxy S20 by Farki: 11:45pm On May 15, 2020
Ovie56:

Good and your arguement is well presented and detailed.
Xiaomi copied the edge
O and V are just Variations of small Notch Samsung and every smartphone maker is copying from Essential PH1
Do your reserch you'll find out that Honor view20 is the first punch hole camera design( will you say it was copied) https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/technology/meet-honor-view-20-worlds-first-punch-hole-display-phone-to-hit-the-market-3371361.html

Sharp did the bezeless phone first (Will you say it was copied)

Samsung copying Apple
https://www.inquisitr.com/1877459/samsung-galaxy-s6-accused-of-being-an-iphone-6-ripoff/

*Animoji vs Armoji*
you remember ARmoji right? the samsung AR emoji app copied from Apple's Animoji, whats worse is instead of turning you to a cute horse or something it turns you to an uglier and angry version of yourself
https://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-aremoji-Apple_id102906
First Samsung Galaxy
https://m.economictimes.com/magazines/panache/apple-wins-539-million-after-samsung-loses-patent-bet/articleshow/64315192.cms

im sure there are various examples of Apple and samsung copying other manufacturers too
takeaway is that Oem borrow ideas from other Oems and fine tune them.

and oh the whole of android 10 Navigation system and bar was a total rip off of Iphone X series navigation.

I didn't say Samsung made the first phone without bezels I said that the edge body design is a Samsung that other manufacturers copied.

One thing we must also realise is that the Honour View 20 came out after the announcement by Samsung was made.

The prevailing trend is that whenever a large phone company like Apple, Samsung and Google make a design change within months Chinese manufacturers are doing the same thing.

Haa all the people saying Samsung copied Apple have serious eye problems. The S6 and iPhone 6 look nothing alike worst of all that piece of yellow journalism was published before the phone was even shown to the public.

How can someone hold a patent for rounded corners?

When I first heard that thing I was very irritated because Apple are both massive hypocrites and completely wrong because they can't patent a shape or else Bill Gates is owed some serious dough.

I agree with the rest of the points though.

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51 An Alternative To Galaxy S20 by Ovie56(m): 12:18am On May 16, 2020
Farki:

I didn't say Samsung made the first phone without bezels I said that the edge body design is a Samsung that other manufacturers copied.

One thing we must also realise is that the Honour View 20 came out after the announcement by Samsung was made.

The prevailing trend is that whenever a large phone company like Apple, Samsung and Google make a design change within months Chinese manufacturers are doing the same thing.

Haa all the people saying Samsung copied Apple have serious eye problems. The S6 and iPhone 6 look nothing alike worst of all that piece of yellow journalism was published before the phone was even shown to the public.

How can someone hold a patent for rounded corners?

When I first heard that thing I was very irritated because Apple are both massive hypocrites and completely wrong because they can't patent a shape or else Bill Gates is owed some serious dough.

I agree with the rest of the points though.
im sorry but if you read what i wrote the thing i mentioned is Xiaomi copied the Edge, Im not a fan of edges anyway it's just fine it is not practical, also you mention S6 is not an iphone 6 clone, will you please check out the design of Samsung S5 and compared it to S6 and see how they literally copied the design language down to the positioning of the 3.5mm port down to size, my friend it was a blatant clone, no arguement, Honor 20 view remains the first hole punch, just because honor dont hold an event to publicise all their prototypes doesnt mean they've not been working on it for months,
And the Damages they paid to apple was not for samsung galaxy s6 copy, it was for their first Android phone which they blatantly copied down to the unlocking animation, even a court of law agrees.

As for Chinese brands, they are actually doing More R&grin than samsung Oppo filled more than 2k patents last year alone,

Things like Under Screen fingerprint are invention
of chinese brands, what about high refresh rate screens on Oled? Pop up cameras?

All Oems Copy one another, the trick is to fine tune them.

Oppo find x was all screens before samsung announce their infinity o,u whatever it had no notch or bezel it was just screens and oppo is a chinese brand
Re: Samsung Galaxy A51 An Alternative To Galaxy S20 by Karex81(m): 6:27am On May 16, 2020
Huawei brought reverse wireless charging, Samsung copied and called it a power share. Vivo and oppo brought the world first pop up camera, Samsung copied it and produced a80. The navigation bar on Android 10, was copied from iPhone x. All oems copy from each other, after all the customers will benefit.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A51 An Alternative To Galaxy S20 by alphaNomega: 7:33am On May 16, 2020
Papillae:

One man's meat. At least the tech community of nairaland now knows you don't use your phone for heavy tasks. Infinix phones can't handle it and if you are a heavy user (I don't mean browsing Instagram and Facebook heavy user) you would not near Infinix with a 20 foot pole

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy A70 128GB Black - SOLD / Clean Xiaomi Redmi 9c For Sale / How To Identify Fake Iphone 12pro Max

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.