Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,582 members, 7,823,521 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing (48017 Views)

Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League / Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player / 10 Facts About Nwankwo Kanu As He Celebrate His 42nd Birthday Today (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by columbus007(m): 9:25pm On May 12, 2020
EatforHealth:
I remember that Kanu hattrick against Chelsea from two goals down, and the commentator’s statement

Kan U believe it!!!!! smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eJlBsw_QcM
wow what a great game cheesy

1 Like

Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by Orpe7(m): 9:25pm On May 12, 2020
Even with the heart issue, Wenger gave him a chance

1 Like

Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by madridsta007(m): 9:26pm On May 12, 2020
tareigns:
Papilo....one of the few Nigerians that stayed in England for over a decade and his accent didn't change. Unlike some people that will travel to Ghana and they will miraculously have an accent like James bond.

He is a miracle working God.

1 Like

Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by EatforHealth: 9:28pm On May 12, 2020
columbus007:
wow what a great game cheesy

You can say that again

He may not be the best striker, but those moments of magic are what make him a legend

1 Like

Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by kayusely70(m): 9:29pm On May 12, 2020
Moneywirer:
I wish Arsenal could go back to being a great team.... But that's almost impossible sad
Not Until Miser Stan Kronke Leaves

1 Like

Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by Exc2000: 9:31pm On May 12, 2020
Solomon8144:

Which Top 4 clubs? embarassed

Olympiacos
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by Bekool(m): 9:31pm On May 12, 2020
Gracealone:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8311453/Arsene-Wenger-snubs-Aubameyang-picking-capture-Kanu-1999-best-January-signing.html

Kanu is no doubt the greatest nigerian footballer of all times haters should argue with their phones.

2 Likes

Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by kemii5546: 9:33pm On May 12, 2020
[color=#] 4231035[/color]
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by kemii7417: 9:37pm On May 12, 2020
[color=#] 1105947[/color]
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by kemii7417: 9:37pm On May 12, 2020
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by OKorowanta: 9:37pm On May 12, 2020
Tranquility4u:
Kanu is arguably the best striker ever played for Nigeria

Sentiments wee not kee you people!
You must have scored a lot of goals to be declared the best in that department.
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by oyeb15: 9:38pm On May 12, 2020
Best that you choose to rest in impotant matches.No be Winger countryman Henry make Wenger forget Kanu for bench.Wenger waste d dude cos of Henry .Wenger even trust Wiltord than Kanu. Its just dat d dude is a calm and patient guy unlike Adebayor.

I think Wenger need Nigeria coaching job that's why he's hallucinating. Soon, he will say Bolton + Jay Jay Okacha is d most difficult team he ever played against and Mikel d best player he never buy.
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by drey076(m): 9:42pm On May 12, 2020
masterflowx:
Kanu is the greatest!

Meanwhile, Does Cristiano Ronaldo know that he is selling Titus fish and Turkey at Ipaja Lagos?
the tin fit am
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by MasterJayJay: 9:43pm On May 12, 2020
NwaNimo1:
[s] That's why you were sacked....

43 goals......in 195 games, [/s]
Who sacked him?
Do you know how many times Kanu was brought in as a substitute?
Smh

1 Like

Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by Wendybrown(f): 9:44pm On May 12, 2020
masterflowx:
Kanu is the greatest!

Meanwhile, Does Cristiano Ronaldo know that he is selling Titus fish and Turkey at Ipaja Lagos?

why em no go know na endorsement na lol
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by LZAA: 9:49pm On May 12, 2020
imhotep:
Sarrki will not like this.
Igbo amaka

Cc lzaa
He wee say Wenger is ipob

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by placeofallure(f): 9:54pm On May 12, 2020
My number one sports personality anyday. I became an Arsenal diehard because of Kanu. Gunners for life!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by joshjc(m): 9:55pm On May 12, 2020
tareigns:
Papilo....one of the few Nigerians that stayed in England for over a decade and his accent didn't change. Unlike some people that will travel to Ghana and they will miraculously have an accent like James bond.
the guy is class, I've seen some one who came back from Italy,(they don't even speak English)forming American accent

3 Likes

Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by Zyzxx10: 10:00pm On May 12, 2020
Papilo.I know say one day you go make us proud.
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by soetantaiwo85: 10:05pm On May 12, 2020
One day, I know say you go make me proud
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 12, 2020
Honor10:
Papilo was a great striker, eokocha was more skillful but kanu has greater achievement and was more celebrated.

To think okocha never won African best, was beyond me.
I thought I was the only one thinking this. I just love Kanu, but on the pitch, okocha was more skillful. I prefer okocha "on the pitch" to kanu even though I love kanu more "personally" I.e. outside the game. I admire the humble spirit he (kanu) possesses. But on the pitch, okocha is way better mehn

1 Like

Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by slaypapa: 10:15pm On May 12, 2020
On
Exc2000:

Olympiacos
Go and sit down. Is Olympiacos a better club than Arsenal?

1 Like

Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by OlawaleBammie: 10:15pm On May 12, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

Papilo was a great striker, no doudt

Yes, 43goals in 195 appearances...

Veteran!!!
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 12, 2020
Kanu believe ittttttttttt

1 Like

Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by OlawaleBammie: 10:18pm On May 12, 2020
masterflowx:
Kanu is the greatest!

guy this image....image right loading...

Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by Exc2000: 10:22pm On May 12, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

Yes, 43goals in 195 appearances...

Veteran!!!

some goals are more valuable than the other.. a preseason goal or a league goals cant be compared to goals at the UEFA cup final
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by kemii8358: 10:25pm On May 12, 2020
[color=#] 1532984[/color]
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 12, 2020
elyte89:
The man dt NEVER SCORED IN A NATIONS CUP TOURNEY ,despite representing us 6IX TIMES cool
But have most assists!
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by kemii8331: 10:32pm On May 12, 2020
[color=#] 4410740[/color]
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by kemii8331: 10:32pm On May 12, 2020
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by ahamonyeka(m): 10:32pm On May 12, 2020
igbo Amaka.
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by Jarus(m): 10:34pm On May 12, 2020
Tranquility4u:
Kanu is arguably the best striker ever played for Nigeria

Yekinni had that honour.

Kanu wasn’t really a striker.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Late Ugo Ehiogu's Last Tweet Goes Viral / Photo From Henry Onyekuru And Esty Wedding / Mohamed Salah Celebrates Golden Boot Win With Hilarious Tweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.