Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing (48008 Views)

Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League / Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player / 10 Facts About Nwankwo Kanu As He Celebrate His 42nd Birthday Today (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by Jarus(m): 10:36pm On May 12, 2020
oyeb15:
Best that you choose to rest in impotant matches.No be Winger countryman Henry make Wenger forget Kanu for bench.Wenger waste d dude cos of Henry .Wenger even trust Wiltord than Kanu. Its just dat d dude is a calm and patient guy unlike Adebayor.

I think Wenger need Nigeria coaching job that's why he's hallucinating. Soon, he will say Bolton + Jay Jay Okacha is d most difficult team he ever played against and Mikel d best player he never buy.

Nigerians have started again.

Even Kanu wont tell you he was better than Henry.

1 Like

Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by OlawaleBammie: 10:38pm On May 12, 2020
Exc2000:

some goals are more valuable than the other.. a preseason goal or a league goals cant be compared to goals at the UEFA cup final

Oga make we stop dis mediocrity and amateurism jare

kanu was good yes, but to me not a veteran in terms of architecture and know-how in front of goals

Kanu is just a black version of Diego milito and a taller version of Ji Sung Park

Not in rhe mould of..

Ronaldinho
Zidane
Aboutrika
Eto
Drogba
Ronaldo
Messi
Inzaghi
Shevchenko
Puskas
genco
Klose
Totti
Del Piero
Henry
Raul
Lewy
Tim Cahil. Et al

to me these are the Veterans, i mean the legends

Kanu and d rest of Nigerian players who are considered legends back here are literally Icons of the games and not...VETERANS. grin
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by Jarus(m): 10:39pm On May 12, 2020
EatforHealth:
I remember that Kanu hattrick against Chelsea from two goals down, and the commentator’s statement

Kan U believe it!!!!! smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eJlBsw_QcM

This game won him African Footballer of the Year 1999
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by OlawaleBammie: 10:41pm On May 12, 2020
Jarus:

Nigerians have started again.

Even Kanu wont tell you he was better than Henry.

Dont mind dem, henry to kanu...ahh, egbami ke

i dont tink kanu can ever bench henry, kanu was just fortunate to b among the invincible squad ni joo, even if he had not featured among them, dey would stil go invincible.
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by Jarus(m): 10:42pm On May 12, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

Oga make we stop dis mediocrity and amateurism jare

kanu was good yes, but to me not a veteran in terms of architecture and know-how in front of goals

Kanu is just a black version of Diego milito and a taller version of Ji Sung Park

Not in rhe mould of..

Ronaldinho
Zidane
Zidan
Eto
Drogba
Ronaldo
Messi
Inzaghi
Shevchenko
Puskas
genco
Klose
Totti
Del Piero
Henry
Lewy
Tim Cahil. Et al

to me these are the Veterans, i mean the legends

Kanu and d rest of Nigerian players who are considered legends back here are literally Icons of the games and not...VETERANS. grin

Kanu was good.

You can’t be an average player and make that Ajax team of 1995/96, playing with the likes of Kluivert, Seedorf, Edgar Davies, De Boer twins, Overmars, etc, playing in two UCL finals, starting one.

And are you joking to say he was not in the class of Zidan and Tim Cahill?

1 Like

Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by Gabkosh: 10:43pm On May 12, 2020
Kanu was a great player, slayer of Chelsea. But to me, Auba best him.
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by Jarus(m): 10:45pm On May 12, 2020
Gabkosh:
Kanu was a great player, slayer of Chelsea. But to me, Auba best him.

No doubt Auba is a better player. I think he didn’t choose Auba because he didn’t get to see much of him and because Arsenal’s team of Auba era is rubbish compared to Arsenal’s team of Kanu era.
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by kemii2113: 10:46pm On May 12, 2020
[color=#] 2271043[/color]
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by Mryacks: 10:48pm On May 12, 2020
Golan007:
My favourite Nigerian player of all time.

Me too. Infact, one of the reasons why I started following Arsenal then. Legend!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by OlawaleBammie: 10:51pm On May 12, 2020
Jarus:

Kanu was good.

You can’t be an average player and make that Ajax team of 1995/96, playing with the likes of Kluivert, Seedorf, Edgar Davies, De Boer twins, Overmars, etc, playing in two UCL finals, starting one.

And are you joking to say he is mot in the class of Aboutrika and Tim Cahill?
i wanted to type aboutrika and not zidan, sorry

To the argument, Oga na reality be dat jare, Francesc Fabregas started 2006 champions league final against Barcelona doesnt make jim better than ronaldinho and edmilson of barca den.
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by Mryacks: 10:51pm On May 12, 2020
Moneywirer:
I wish Arsenal could go back to being a great team.... But that's almost impossible sad

There is no such thing as impossible in sports (especially football). Different great teams have a run and fade away giving way to new great teams and then the circle continues...
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by kemii8175: 10:52pm On May 12, 2020
[color=#] 2551404[/color]
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by kemii2293: 10:56pm On May 12, 2020
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by sonofanarchy(m): 11:00pm On May 12, 2020
Honor10:
Papilo was a great striker, although okocha was more skillful but kanu has greater achievement and was more celebrated.

To think okocha never won African best, was beyond me.
okocha played for the money and not for the game
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by jaeyking(m): 11:00pm On May 12, 2020
NwaNimo1:
That's why you were sacked....

[img]https://media./images/bae9f9ee3bf793a0bb667d8e4ccb9883/tenor.gif[/img]

43 goals......in 195 games,

I thought I was the only one who noticed it that's like a 0.22 goal ratio for a centre forward ���
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by Solomon8144: 11:00pm On May 12, 2020
Exc2000:

Olympiacos
grin
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by kemii9281: 11:02pm On May 12, 2020
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by openmine(m): 11:09pm On May 12, 2020
The jersey those days looked like agbada ohh grin grin grin

Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by EatforHealth: 11:09pm On May 12, 2020
Jarus:

This game won him African Footballer of the Year 1999

You’re right
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by kemii2741: 11:10pm On May 12, 2020
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by Jarus(m): 11:11pm On May 12, 2020
OlawaleBammie:
i wanted to type aboutrika and not zidan, sorry

To the argument, Oga na reality be dat jare, Francesc Fabregas started 2006 champions league final against Barcelona doesnt make jim better than ronaldinho and edmilson of barca den.

Aboutreika was not better than Kanu.
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by Jarus(m): 11:12pm On May 12, 2020
jaeyking:

I thought I was the only one who noticed it that's like a 0.22 goal ratio for a centre forward ���

He played as sub for almost his entire career.
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by mediocre(m): 11:16pm On May 12, 2020
KANU BELIEVE ITTT!!!
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by OlawaleBammie: 11:19pm On May 12, 2020
Jarus:

Aboutreika was not better than Kanu.
Lol, and how sure are u??
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by openmine(m): 11:20pm On May 12, 2020
tareigns:
Papilo....one of the few Nigerians that stayed in England for over a decade and his accent didn't change. Unlike some people that will travel to Ghana and they will miraculously have an accent like James bond.
grin grin

Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by mediocre(m): 11:21pm On May 12, 2020
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by OlawaleBammie: 11:21pm On May 12, 2020
Jarus:

He played as sub for almost his entire career.

And u were making a caee for him having known this??

guy u b xter oo, just say u dey do my corntree man tins
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by Isoduwa(m): 11:26pm On May 12, 2020
malali:
Kanu I want to donate Anonymously to your heart foundation..........
Lets celebrate you while you are alive and with us.......you made us proud
Its time to start giving back..........everybody deserves a second chance.

We are proud of you forever............!!!

Ok thanks bros I go forward you the account number
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by openmine(m): 11:27pm On May 12, 2020
Staphylococcus:
Wenger can use 10 million to buy 11 players

Dude is a descendant of Ijebu
grin grin

Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by Theophinio(m): 11:31pm On May 12, 2020
Congrats Legend
One of the best
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by Advancedman(m): 11:31pm On May 12, 2020
Honor10:
Papilo was a great striker, although okocha was more skillful but kanu has greater achievement and was more celebrated.

To think okocha never won African best, was beyond me.

Sir this is very important even in informal or casual discussion always stick to the subject and shun third parties in every necessary way, the discussion here is about Kanu, Wenger and Arsenal, so what brought comparison with Okocha?

If you take this little advice you will be glad you did.
Re: Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing by kid7soccer(m): 11:44pm On May 12, 2020
masterflowx:
Kanu is the greatest!

Meanwhile, Does Cristiano Ronaldo know that he is selling Titus fish and Turkey at Ipaja Lagos?
Nigerian are very wicked����

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Late Ugo Ehiogu's Last Tweet Goes Viral / Photo From Henry Onyekuru And Esty Wedding / Mohamed Salah Celebrates Golden Boot Win With Hilarious Tweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.