Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,117 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

From Eket Akwa Ibom To Lagos -- Pt 3 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From Eket Akwa Ibom To Lagos -- Pt 3 (364 Views)

Akwa Ibom To Commission The Longest Flyover In South-South (Photos) / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We're Listening Pt. 3 / Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Eket Akwa Ibom To Lagos -- Pt 3 by MondayUche1986(m): 10:54pm On May 12, 2020
I will not advise not even my enemy to enter the road by traveling an inter-state especially those from the East/North/South going to the West. If you check my previous post the PT1 and PT2 now this is the PT3... We booked this sienna from Eket in Akwa Ibom on Friday at 20,000 naira each per passenger. And this driver ended up carrying 8 passengers instead of 5 to make the case worse. We starting running from one village to another sorting all kinds of bush roadblocks. Even when we get to Abia state it was worst than anything because from one spot to another you will be Abia boys blocking everywhere and collecting 100/200. We managed to get to Orlu which is my home town and we slept at Rochas street at that Mopol base checkpoint there which our driver had to pay them 1k for us to sleep there in the car oooh. Then by morning which is on Saturday from 8AM we started another movement to Onitsha which we got there by 9:21AM. The lockdown/Roadblock at the Onitsha River Naija bridge took us over 6hours to cross over it. Which we left Onitsha by 3:00PM sharp still on Saturday. So our driver was rushing so fast to see if we could meet up and rest at ORE in Ondo state. Oh, I forget to let you know that this our country can never keep law even me too because we all know that this is a lawless country. All the police and Army we met at every single checkpoint all collected money some 500 while some especially army is collecting 1k. So on getting to Edo hmmmmm wahala. We spent another 1hr plus on a queue then when we entered Ondo state at the Ore entrance that one was so locked that the officers there started by counting and allowing 15 vehicles to pass after every 20mins. And remember they are checkpoints in every 10mins drive and they are all collecting money. Then we got to Ore around 10:15PM Saturday. I couldn't bear it anyone I had to look for a cheap hotel to lodge and rest. Then by 6AM Sunday morning we started again without no roadblock until we get to Barger but they are so many police and army checkpoints which they were all after their settlement. So our driver couldn't move further he dropped all the passengers at Barger for everyone to look for their own ways. That is how I got back home from Eket. E dey very very risky ooo please stay at home and stay safe. Oh, I never told you that I added 2k for the transportation fee to secure the front seat. Thou the journey was fun but too tiring and very very risky ooo. May God heal the World as soon as possible. I'm trying to upload photos from the villages, roadblocks, Onitsha, Edo, and when we crossed Ore and I think our luck was the rain that started falling from that Sunday morning until we get to Barger. Please try and understand my pidgin English I am only trying as a hustler. Thanks and remain blessed.
Re: From Eket Akwa Ibom To Lagos -- Pt 3 by Lorazepam(f): 11:17pm On May 12, 2020
Hian
Re: From Eket Akwa Ibom To Lagos -- Pt 3 by kingreign(m): 11:23pm On May 12, 2020
MondayUche1986:
I will not advise not even my enemy to enter the road by traveling an inter-state especially those from the East/North/South going to the West. If you check my previous post the PT1 and PT2 now this is the PT3... We booked this sienna from Eket in Akwa Ibom on Friday at 20,000 naira each per passenger. And this driver ended up carrying 8 passengers instead of 5 to make the case worse. We starting running from one village to another sorting all kinds of bush roadblocks. Even when we get to Abia state it was worst than anything because from one spot to another you will be Abia boys blocking everywhere and collecting 100/200. We managed to get to Orlu which is my home town and we slept at Rochas street at that Mopol base checkpoint there which our driver had to pay them 1k for us to sleep there in the car oooh. Then by morning which is on Saturday from 8AM we started another movement to Onitsha which we got there by 9:21AM. The lockdown/Roadblock at the Onitsha River Naija bridge took us over 6hours to cross over it. Which we left Onitsha by 3:00PM sharp still on Saturday. So our driver was rushing so fast to see if we could meet up and rest at ORE in Ondo state. Oh, I forget to let you know that this our country can never keep law even me too because we all know that this is a lawless country. All the police and Army we met at every single checkpoint all collected money some 500 while some especially army is collecting 1k. So on getting to Edo hmmmmm wahala. We spent another 1hr plus on a queue then when we entered Ondo state at the Ore entrance that one was so locked that the officers there started by counting and allowing 15 vehicles to pass after every 20mins. And remember they are checkpoints in every 10mins drive and they are all collecting money. Then we got to Ore around 10:15PM Saturday. I couldn't bear it anyone I had to look for a cheap hotel to lodge and rest. Then by 6AM Sunday morning we started again without no roadblock until we get to Barger but they are so many police and army checkpoints which they were all after their settlement. So our driver couldn't move further he dropped all the passengers at Barger for everyone to look for their own ways. That is how I got back home from Eket. E dey very very risky ooo please stay at home and stay safe. Oh, I never told you that I added 2k for the transportation fee to secure the front seat. Thou the journey was fun but too tiring and very very risky ooo. May God heal the World as soon as possible. I'm trying to upload photos from the villages, roadblocks, Onitsha, Edo, and when we crossed Ore and I think our luck was the rain that started falling from that Sunday morning until we get to Barger. Please try and understand my pidgin English I am only trying as a hustler. Thanks and remain blessed. 

Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: From Eket Akwa Ibom To Lagos -- Pt 3 by Amah70: 3:26pm On May 13, 2020
There is no Rochas Street anywhere in Orlu.

Rochas Okorocha has no business in or with Orlu.
Re: From Eket Akwa Ibom To Lagos -- Pt 3 by MondayUche1986(m): 3:58pm On May 13, 2020
Amah70:
There is no Rochas Street anywhere in Orlu.

Rochas Okorocha has no business in or with Orlu.
lol I meant where we slept is just very close to Rochas place at a Mopol base checkpoint. And mind you im from Isiekenesi so Rochas is my neighbor just few KM from my place to his place which under Orlu. I even did filling labor in his mansion when he was building it abeg

(1) (Reply)

What Went Through From London To Malaysia / No Clue To Where I Am Going !!!! / Am Moving To Italy For A Bachelor Degree Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.